Requirements to lead

• Thread starter DeletedUser117702
  • Start date

DeletedUser117702

Something has inspired this post, something I won't go further into or I might get infracted :icon_redface:

I was wondering what the community think a duke should have skills/traits-wise etc to be a good leader? What are the do's and dont's of leadership? I'd like to see the communities idea of a good duke and why. Inspired by past experience, preference, general knowledge? share your ideas :)

I think any leader must be fluent in English, for obvious reasons including but not limited to recruitment and diplomacy. If a leader can't effectively communicate how will his tribe ever go far? I'm sure an example of this will follow up somewhere sometime.

DeletedUser

Duke

of course a duke needs to have played worlds before, they dont need to be the best player, just a good player.
but they have to be a good leader, good leaders lead from the front.

The main thing for me is;
a Duke should know the tribe, communicate with them all, if you got a tribe under your command and you dont really know that tribe, how can you trust them or lead them anywhere? i have played in a tribe with a silent duke didnt even care to respond 1/2 of the time to members of the tribe. that tribe broke apart and failed in the end.

dictatorship is fine as long as the tribe is still fun, but democratic leadership is just as much fun as it brings the entire tribe in on it.

either way the tribe has to have fun, a fun forum, fun chats, fun war to be in, its just a game in the end, and we play it for the fun of gaming. so let your barons and diplomat do the jobs a tribe needs done, and the duke be the leader by focusing on the members of his or her tribe.

just my opinion

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

atmospherecf

1. Communication
2. Respect
3. Motivation
4. Inspiration
5. Reputation

These are the main characteristics of any good leader not just in Tribal Wars, but in also real life environment. I can go on and on... Just watch some youtube videos regarding leadership styles, etc.

DeletedUser

1. Communication
2. Respect
3. Motivation
4. Inspiration
5. Reputation

These are the main characteristics of any good leader not just in Tribal Wars, but in also real life environment. I can go on and on... Just watch some youtube videos regarding leadership styles, etc.

i tried to say all that, but you did it better, lol

:)

Dannyh3

Whilst it does annoy me talking to dukes who's main language isn't english I think it is a bit unfair to say someone can't be a good duke if they're not fluent.

I agree with Slice of Pie, knowing all your members on a personal basis is really important, taking time to learn their time zones, when they are online, how they play the game, what type of person they are, I think that's vital.

I think having good relationships with other tribes and dukes and knowing the demographics of the world they are leading in is good to have, better for decision making.

As well, I think being a democratic duke and leading with support of a council is better than taking all the responsiblity yourselft.

Making sacrifices for the tribe is important, like letting that small member at the bottom of the tribe have some internals to beef them up, scanning the frontline to make sure all your members are safe instead of scanning the map for your next target. And sadly, in my experience a good duke must sacrifice parts of RL.

DeletedUser117702

Whilst it does annoy me talking to dukes who's main language isn't english I think it is a bit unfair to say someone can't be a good duke if they're not fluent..

You must have misread my post..

I think any leader must be fluent in English, If a leader can't effectively communicate, how will his tribe ever go far?

It's more of a question then a statement and It's certainly not saying someone can't be a good duke if they aren't fluent. They may mean good and they could be the best team-playing duke around, but if one can't communicate effectively, how can one lead his tribe far? When a harsh circumstance brings a lot of pressure it's usually good literature that gets you through it. Whether it be motivating your team, settling plans with other tribes or making agreements with an enemy IMO it requires understandable English.

DeletedUser116463

Imo... based on my rl experiences. I can summarize leadership requirement in one simple sentence.

Being a leader, you must to know how people perceived you.

DeletedUser113867

There are 100s of ways to lead and all require different traits so putting up a little list is pointless, you can rule with an iron fist or you can rule with being more diplomatic, you can rule with fear or benevolence and still get results.

Uniting people is easy, you can manipulate them, give them gifts or give them a target, all different skills and all great ways to lead.

Just know what your weakness and you can stay in power for a very long time.

DeletedUser

Lead by example, if people feel you have their backs - they'd run through a brick wall for you. A previous poster hit the nail on the head, a Duke should know his/her members, on a one to one basis - inside and out, their history, their strengths and their weaknesses.

At the end of the day, you need a great group of leaders, and players that "buy in", one person can't do it by themselves -- it always gets me, when a leader or player says "I won such and such world".

Well, I was a world winning leader myself -- 1ns4n3 w37 - and we dominated from start to finish.

But it was a team effort, and I had great leaders around me - Merrick, Blue and many others.

Surround yourself with good people, and you can't go wrong. Great tribes come in all shapes and sizes too, I've seen the most talented fail, and tribes full of sheep, lead by a "wolf" do great things.

A leader needs to also be very active. Make smart decisions - be one step ahead of your enemies.
There are also many types of leadership, and who's to say which one is the best.

Don't fear the tribe full of wolves lead by a sheep,
Fear the tribe full of sheep lead by the wolf.

AG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNEYfIUDkh8

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118236

What separates a tribe from a group of players is communication. A tribe with no communicating leader is no more than a group of players ready to lose.

DeletedUser93066

The lot of you claimed to be experienced and said being Duke means blah blah blah and bleeping blah I got one thing to say to you:

200_s.gif

You want to be a good leader and win this game? Be active, More than everyone.. burn yourself with sitting and playing multiple accounts . Spend your pp for your members that cant afford it and every ounce of your strength while fighting hard with yourself to keep calm so you dont snap and make yourself vulnerable to your tribe members and hide the fact that you are actually the tribal bitch.

P.S. I AM BATMAN!

DeletedUser

Spend your pp for your members that cant afford it

I disagree with this portion of the statement. No one should be paying for another to play this game. If they want PP they should join a world strictly to sell resources for it and hope to make enough for the next playable world. Now, if say someone is missing 1 PP for perhaps renewing their premium subscription that's a different story.

DeletedUser102111

I disagree with this portion of the statement. No one should be paying for another to play this game. If they want PP they should join a world strictly to sell resources for it and hope to make enough for the next playable world. Now, if say someone is missing 1 PP for perhaps renewing their premium subscription that's a different story.

I'm missing 1(99) pp can you help?

DeletedUser

Duke leads by example.
And you can't lead from the back of the pack.

;)

DeletedUser117702

I find the best dukes aren't too serious, prefer the social aspect but have experience. Creates a friendly atmosphere that you can't help but to do good for your tribemates. It helps to start with a small team pref premade to get the ball rolling and gradually grow welcoming players worthy of your friendly atmosphere. ;) Mass recruitment is poor game :|

Dukes that give PP are pretty awesome too :3

DeletedUser93066

Nothing to disagree with when there is circumstance arises where it's okay to help other tribemates with pp. I used to buy 500 which later became 5k after the pp system update every 4/5 months and spent those pp for my tribemates who couldnt afford it for various reason. Sometime they are from a country where credit/debit card is not available or they are still students and cant afford to buy . Also encountered with players who were jobless or got laid off and couldnt afford the luxury of pp where they had other priorities.

DeletedUser93066

I find the best dukes aren't too serious, prefer the social aspect but have experience. Creates a friendly atmosphere that you can't help but to do good for your tribemates. It helps to start with a small team pref premade to get the ball rolling and gradually grow welcoming players worthy of your friendly atmosphere. ;) Mass recruitment is poor game :|

Dukes that give PP are pretty awesome too :3

JOIN ME Also

I AM BATMAN