Shock and My Leave.

DeletedUser

Hello World 29.

I have come here to announce my retirement from World 29 and this game. Some of you may know that I was on a work trip in Krakow for two weeks, but the occurences during those two weeks and the collapse of TLA has been a great shock to me.

I built TLA with great love and pride for all the players, and I aimed to cover the world blue with players that I respected, and enjoyed playing with. Throughout the past months, I have never thought I could gain such hours of amusement, interest, and pure adoration for all the players that has worked under me.

However, in the past few weeks, and especially the last couple weeks, I am sure some players have noticed that my activity has been wavering, and I have realised that I have sacrificed my real life far too much for this game. I know only my very closest players know of this, but my sister recently passed away in a car crash, my savings had been wiped away in a recent investment debacle, and my mother has been diagnosed with terminal bowel cancer.

I had courted with the idea of quitting from this game during my two weeks away, but my return today and the sudden collapse of TLA has been the catalyst of my decision to quit. Truly, I wish I had the time, and the will to fight for the name of TLA and fight those who have betrayed my trust. What is most disappointing, is that those closest to me, those who knew me best and who I had struck a close relationship with, has decided to leave without even waiting for my return. Nevertheless, in the end, it was my fault and I should have set stronger foundations before I left. The players I would like to thank the most are jvincent for being a most loyal and a true gentleman, xheebeegeebeesx, ruby410, rollo86, durhees, rebelherb, scotthrody...basically every single player who has remained in TLA, who waited for my arrival and these are the player that I pay homage to. You guys are the players that define the perfect player in Tribal wars in my opinion. You guys play the game in the name of carmaderie, and enjoyment, not pure greed or debased ping-pong treachery. I also thank those TDP players who seem to have held strong and also waited for my arrival. I respect you all.

I have nothing against those players who left. After all, it is a game to enjoy and I have gotten to become great friends with those who have left to go to NN. I still consider them great friends of mine, and I wish them the very best of luck in their new tribe. Frankly, I could never endorse an elite tribe leaving behind the many friends and comrades I had made during my leadership. That is the essential difference and ultimately I should not have anything against those who decided to leave. I know I should not be upset, but of course I am, and I am disappointed, but I am not going to leave in a sour note :)

After all, this is a game to enjoy, and I wish I could continue to play this game and enjoy it. Frankly, I can't, and I must prioritise real life and sort out all the problems that have surfaced over the past few months. My life is slipping away from me, and I must focus only on retrieving all that I had. This retirement was always coming, and I wish it was not this way, but certainly, there is no way I have the time, nor the will anymore, to resolve these fissures and deep-rooted problems. If my life was still on track as it was before, I would have fought on with all my strength and time to recover and takeover W29. But I must finally concede defeat and sadly prioritise real life.

Hopefully, one day I will be back to play this game again with all those people who I respect, admire, and in a way, love.

I will not be signing in again to both the game nor the public forums, since I know that I will be enticed and sucked in to the game again. My work leave for two weeks has helped loosen the addiction, and this is the best way to prevent my from screwing up my life further since I know all my friends and comrades otherwise would entice me back ;)

Again, thank you for all the fun that I had, my friends, and carry on fighting to make World 29 the best world to have ever roamed the realms of Tribal wars :) I hope to see my friends carrying on the name of TLA

I have made some great friends in this game, and I have learnt one thing that all of you must remember: ENJOY the game :)
Best wishes to you all in this world!

*DMGboi*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Damage, all the best to you and yours.. I will keep you in my prayers.

I am sad for you to return to the game and find things so fractured after all your hard work.

Seems even the best leaders can only do so much.

Good luck to you.

Jobetopia

Damage, its been an honour and a privelge to have known you - You were without doubt one of the best damn leaders on this server, building TLA up from the beggining to be one of the most respected Tribes on the server. I have to say untill the events of the last few weeks I always thought you guys would win the world - in my eyes you were the best of Tribes.

TLA achieved much under your leadership and your legacy on this world will always be as an Honourable Leader, who made the best decisions and never put a foot wrong on the world stage, and I am sorry things have ended the way they have.

Good luck in real life, and all the best mate - we may never have been on the same side precisely but personally I never considered you or TLA enemies although at times we have been adverseries, and the world will not be the same with out you, another W29 great has left the building.

Goodbye Damage

Jobe

DeletedUser

Its an honour fighting for you mate. I wish you well in RL :)
I shall talk to you on skype.

DeletedUser

Sorry to hear about the family and RL problems.

Good Luck in that unpixelated land.

whall0625

:( I have never been more ashamed of myself in all my life :(.........Sam i am sorry that this has happened to you and to your beloved TLA.....you and your family will always be in my prayers.

DeletedUser

should let me noble you out then :)

10 bucks says you pull a soberknight and come back

DeletedUser71270

Sam, you are and will always be a great person and awesome Duke. It's been a honor to get to know you. It sickens me to hear all the ill will that has come into your life. You have my deepest prayers for you and all of your family. Why bad things happen to good people I'll never know or understand.

We love you and will miss you but wish you the best. :)

DeletedUser

Sam good luck mate, I know with the desrire and drive that you have shown in TW that greener pastures await you.

It is times like this that this game is put into perspective and hopefully all players will show you the respect in your leaving thread that youdeserve

Keep your chin up

/repsect

I also want to say that I know for a fact that both woods and panther were waiting for your return. SO I will be the first to say I dont know the full facts but message woods on skype. He is a massive supporter and loyal friend of yours

And 1 more edit from me. I also lost a brother to a freak accident years ago and I will say one thing. Although it can be very very tough, it does eventually make us stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:

SIDEWINDER2966

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Damage,i read & i feel bad for you. May GOD bless and keep you and yours always! Best of luck in the real world bud.

DeletedUser

Damage...

I never got to know you at a personal note, but if I did I probably would even feel more touched at this.. Good luck in the real world. :)

DeletedUser

I'm sorry to see you go and for all that is going on in RL for you Sam. It was an honor to work with you and talk to you while able to and will remember you as a honorable leader. Good luck to you and perhaps we will meet again at a later date.

Timanator

I am sorry as well to see you go. I respected and believed in what you where trying to accomplish and was planning to spend the rest of my days in TLA to see it to the end. To bad some people couldn't see that way. But oh well good luck with your real life. Takes a lot to separate yourself from these game. I think congratulations is in order to be able to remove yourself from this curse. lol

DeletedUser

I send my best wishes to you and yours through all the tough times you are having. Tis sad to see what happened, happened. Tis sad to see you go. You will be missed in this game <3

BossMan07

DMG your by far the greatest duke Ive fought for..How you kept so many hothead, arrogant, foul players under control ;) (slayer mikey magisa) lol no more examples. lol and its is very sad to see you go. If you look at it TLA did rule the world no matter what everyone says.....Every decision shocked the world every front we had we pushed further and we always came out on top! DMG I may have left but I am still TLA...the guys that left all feel the same Im sure.

DeletedUser

I want to second Bossman's statement.

WE ALL respected you... those of us that left. WE ARE THE REAL TLA. Along with the few that stayed there. BUT WE WOULD NOT, COULD NOT be disrespected anymore by TDP and certain ex-NSA ... and even certain TLA/Arisen that were there. You know my squad Damage...

And i will not speak for all of them, but the amount of DISRESPECT shown to us by ex-nsa (not counting pantherskurt's and woods' group)... SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED OR HAVE BEEN ALLOWED.

People taking the spoils of war and complaining that the TRUE CORE OF TLA was doing NOTHING to help anyone or any current war... well. that really was the end for me.

I pressed delete twice when you were gone. I came back because of my friends here (mainly the TRUE CORE TLA and a few over at shadow who moved on to NN).

I'm very sorry about your homelife and of course that is more important than some silly game. Hopefully the friends you met here will remain around you if you ever need anyone to talk to.

I'm really sorry what happened. it is not what happened, but after the TDP/ex-nsa debacle and certain plans for the future.. It was time to either strike out on my own or just hit delete. I think many of us felt that way and were way over this world. at least this development dodges the bullet. Heck. if we ALL leave, then the wonderful barb-noblers and sims players can have a party and use their troops to clear barb villages and feel all special about themselves!

WHOO HOO!

DeletedUser

So sorry to see you go Sam, we in TDP would have fought for you until the end. You will be remembered fondly and greatly missed.

DeletedUser

Sam, I hate to see that you are leaving. You were a great leader and a fine friend. You had a great vision for w29, you got me to beleive in it. I am truly saddened by what has occured. I am sorry to hear of your real life troubles, accept my sympathy. You will always have my respect.

Timanator

SAM,

Oskar here and wanted to say thank you for doing what you did for all of us . Truely, This world has come to respect you as a leader. While all the world was in a fight with each other you where the one name that everyone waited to here from. I am sadden that this is what you have chosen to do. And respect your choice here today. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you pursue. If you choose to rejoin this game at anytime, please look me up and I will follow you anywhere.

Also,I say congrats to you for all that you did do in this world for bring TLA to number one as you have done so with honor and have earned the respect of the world for it.

I am sad to hear of your losses and wish you the best of luck.

Thanks for playing this game with all of us. Oskar - Darlene