Shock and My Leave.

DeletedUser

Damage i didn't know you very personally but its been fun fighting you in k54. i kinda wish it could continue but RL does take priority .

Maybe some day you can come back a we can continue our fight :). I truly believe you are one of the few that still played this game with honor and pride and you once again prove that in your last post to this world.

Best of luck in real life and may i paths cross once again, i look forward to it.

KJwolf

DeletedUser

Damn Sam. I am bummed it went down like this. You deserved better. But TW is just a game. I am truly sorry for your challenges in RL. I am very sorry for your loss. You are strong and intelligent, I trust you will come through this even stronger. Farewell my friend.

DeletedUser

This is possibly only my second or third post to the world forum in the 18 months I have been on TribalWars.

I have read this topic with a mixture of sadness for his RL losses, sadness for the loss this game has also now suffered, but great joy and admiration for a man who became, in my opinion, the greatest Tribal leader on W29, if not on all worlds.

I feel I am well placed to comment on this, since 18 months ago, Damage and I were Barons of the newly formed TLA on the new (ish) W29. We were both new to the game and operating under a Duke who had acheived some success on another world. That Duke left, In Feb 2009, I think it was and the two of us (plus there was a third Baron at the time, Yessstim) agreed that I should take over as Duke, since I had until then been leading the diplomatic arrangements and had made a number of sucessful early contacts. He operated as my Baron but was really a joint leader with me, right up until the eventual masterstroke when TLA merged with LoD, formed the one and only family tribe of Arisen and declared war on -emp-. At that time, TLA came under three way management with myself, Damageboi and Ddukes. Between the three of us we had totally outflanked and out manuevred -emp-.
RL takes its toll on all of us, and I was required to take a back seat over in Arisen at which point Damageboi effectively took over TLA fully and started on the road to the greatness he achieved with TLA.
I am proud to say that I have always been in that one single family tribe, skipping between TLA and Arisen as needed, and was always proud to serve under him. Early on, we both understood that the way to greatness in this game is not through individual size, but through tribal strength. We firmly believed that you get what you give, and if you give love and respect, then this is mirrored right back at you. TLA was based on this mutual respect model, despite what some of those who left TLA may say. I feel that respect in this game cannot be demanded, but must be earned. Damageboi earned RESPECT in spades from all who have played alongside and even against him, and W29 has lost a shining light this week.

SV

DeletedUser62494

For me to even read this thread is truly depressing. I have always respected you and considered you a true friend. I am truly saddened and sorry for the way things played out this time around. I am at a loss for words to describe how I feel right now. Depressed is hardly even the beginning of how I feel right now.

I am sorry that I wasn't there to explain why things happened how they did.

Like I once told you. Short and simple. Take the best of NSA and rim the rest. I told you they would be nothing but trouble. But I followed you held my temper and took cheap shots for it. In the end my temper won out and I could no longer handle their constant disrespect of some of the best in W29...NOT FROM A GROUP WHO'S TRIBE FAILED TRYING TO TELL US HOW TO RUN THE TRIBE. They failed you Sam and we couldn't take it.

Best of luck in the real world.

Your humble servent,
Slayer2292

DeletedUser5710

It looks like that I've chosen a very bad day to look at w29 forum after a long period away.

To Damageboi I really wish the best in life for you. I hope a solution for your problems in RL to be awaiting just at the next corner.

This' a game! Nevertheless, sometimes one not only spends a lot of time with it but also get a lot of stress from it. And i'm sure that is not the intention of the game makers. The game must be played to ease the burden of our real life and never the other way around.

Best of the luck to you in real life and to all the others players that still play or had played w29.

lords of the emos

This world just got a little less controlled - you really were the cement (and most of the bricks) that held TLA at the height it was.

I'm gonna miss you DMG - W29 just lost a true master of this game.

I loved TLA when they were great - you made me stick at this game for far longer than I would have - even with some of the people that made me wanna nuke and noble them out from under your banner.

Yep you can thank redfox and zigzag and a few others for Sam quitting as if they had showed a little respect many of us wouldnt have left.I hope they die for there doings and TLA members who were loyal to Sam should realize this and go after them,some of zigzag and redfoxs comments on the forums were the last straw for me.

I agree with you whole heartedly on this.

Last edited:

DeletedUser87372

Sam / Damage,

My apologies for the late reply to this thread, but with the recent changes to the world and your departure, I have been doing some soul searching.

I have built a large number of incredible friendships over the past 18 months, most notably with you. You had invited me into TLA on Valentines Day of 2009 and it was the best move I have made in Tribal Wars. Through my time as a noble pawn within the TLA family, I slowly learned how to play more and more effectively. We had shared a number of thoughts, concepts and strategies for TLA over the recent months as I feel I was your level-headed and diplomatic baron.

I have been in complete distress over the time you were away, as I saw TLA crumbling around me. I tried my best to keep together what was there for your return so there would be some resemblence to the tribe that you led prior to your departure, whilst keeping every possible option open for you upon your return. TLA were on direction for conquering the world, but it too had problems and these problems were amplified significantly while you were away.

I have failed you, and for that I am deeply sadned.

A majority of my closest friends have moved to NN, where I have recently joined as TLA (as I have known it) is no more.

I wish you all the best of luck in your life, health and success. I do hope that we can stay in touch for years to come.

Best regards,
John

DeletedUser

Sorry Sam, when I am fully recover and play now 100% the TLA are now gone and will be disappear... I am back to play after my RL (my moms death with cervical cancer) problem because to you and my TLA family.. I miss a lot of strategy to play with my TLA family... Hope to play again 24/7...

Your friend in axe;
AlliahStone

))====3

DeletedUser

Can I ask, who were the TDP players that damage was thanking in his goodbye statement?

DeletedUser

Not to make this a flame thread

But they are the only ones that didn't cause problems all the time so I just assume they are the only ones he would like to thank

he didn't post names so therefore we all have a right to just post who we think he was thanking , am I right

Soberknight

Not to make this a flame thread

But they are the only ones that didn't cause problems all the time so I just assume they are the only ones he would like to thank

he didn't post names so therefore we all have a right to just post who we think he was thanking , am I right

Sorry, but you are wrong:

=Damageboi123]... The players I would like to thank the most are jvincent for being a most loyal and a true gentleman, xheebeegeebeesx, ruby410, rollo86, durhees, rebelherb, scotthrody...basically every single player who has remained in TLA, who waited for my arrival and these are the player that I pay homage to. You guys are the players that define the perfect player in Tribal wars in my opinion. You guys play the game in the name of carmaderie, and enjoyment, not pure greed or debased ping-pong treachery. I also thank those TDP players who seem to have held strong and also waited for my arrival. I respect you all.
So he especiallt thanked some by name and all those who stayed untill he came back... Can you fill in the list for us? :icon_cool:

Jobetopia

I dont actually know, but if it helps any, I do remember looking at the TDP profile when they formed up and the description was something like "Awaiting the return of Damage".

DeletedUser

Ok so I am confused, it seems damage himself was not upset at the TDP guys and he did not mention by name any of the people who have been quite vocal in this thread about TDP

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser87372

I don't think Damage left because of the TDP players in question directly. However, certain internal issues intensified between certain TDP (which is no longer factual as they are not TDP anymore, for the most part) and some long term TLAers, those who left first and went to NN. There are obviously a whole mesh of reasons that each individual member would have left for and anyone trying to put words into any of their mouths would be simply speculating, but in my opinion the conflict over the 2 months (I think) that the specific players were mixed amongst TLA is what pushed the members who first stepped to NN to leave. The first members were pivotal members within TLA commanding a lot of respect and loyalty, and so more followed. In the end members were likely weighing up their options and some chose to go to NN whilst others joined DBD.

In essence, I would say the tribe would not have fallen apart had the specific players in question not come over from NSA to TLA, however they are not wholly to blame for the seperation, as they simply rubbed some influential members the wrong way which initiated the ciclical demise of TLA.

Damage left because of this demise of his baby that he had been working on and spent tireless hours to get to his ideals, and frankly, I suspect he welcomed the easier option of leaving at this stage and refocus himself on real life.

Damage had an infinite amount of respect for many players within TLA< he demonstrated respect to all players he communicated with, and loved his tribe. His respect did not lay purely on original TLA, but extended to the specific players that came from NSA as well. In his parting words he thanked a lot of people, and I believe he also thanked those that were elemental to the demise of TLA. He just wanted to say thank you to the people that he cared about (which includes those who are now in NN and DBD).

Just my take on it, but I had pent 1.5 years alongside Damage and I think I know him decently.

DeletedUser

If you have any questions about this, that logically only damage can answer, I suggest you PM him. Otherwise, leave this as a farewell thread, and don't revive it as a tribe discussion thread, where accusations abound.

Grazie.

DeletedUser

damage, due to exams i left these forums and the game. I return to make a few posts.

First and formost, thankyou. You were the best leader I have ever had, and a very good player too. I wish you luck in the cold hard world of RL.

bugcommander

DMG,

I wish you the best in real life. You always were a good guy to talk to about most things and i enjoyed the long diplomatic discussions we had and even though you were an enemy i respect you as much as anyone that played this world.

anyways Peace Out man,

buggy