• Thread starter DeletedUser45021
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser56488

2dtxjza.jpg

edited my text

DeletedUser

How did you make it look like the grenade was in the sand :O its amazing :)

I've only just started but I think...

If he makes the sand the back ground, he can then make a new layer and then he can paste the grenade in and it will over lap the sand...

Then he goes to the eraser and selects "Circle Fuzzy" then if he rubs out the bottom of the ground it shows the sand again, giving the effect it's actually buried in the sand...

Atleast that's how I'd do it on GIMP. If he doesn't answer, I'd say I'm pretty close?

DeletedUser

I have gimp but its too complicated for my little mind :)

Quick run-down so we don't get infracted for going off-topic :icon_razz:

Right, copy and paste the sand down as your back ground.
Then select "New Layer"
Copy and paste your grenade onto your background.
After this select the red rubber tool.
Then select your "Brush size" for example.
Slecet the one with the black circle dot with a white "fuzziness" on the outside of the black dot. Then rub out the bottom part of the grenade... Giving you a magical grenade buried in the sand :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

I've only just started but I think...

If he makes the sand the back ground, he can then make a new layer and then he can paste the grenade in and it will over lap the sand...

Then he goes to the eraser and selects "Circle Fuzzy" then if he rubs out the bottom of the ground it shows the sand again, giving the effect it's actually buried in the sand...

Atleast that's how I'd do it on GIMP. If he doesn't answer, I'd say I'm pretty close?

Overlay mode en then brush them into the sand :p

DeletedUser

Quick run-down so we don't get infracted for going off-topic :icon_razz:

Right, copy and paste the sand down as your back ground.
Then select "New Layer"
Copy and paste your grenade onto your background.
After this select the red rubber tool.
Then select your "Brush size" for example.
Slecet the one with the black circle dot with a white "fuzziness" on the outside of the black dot. Then rub out the bottom part of the grenade... Giving you a magical grenade buried in the sand :icon_biggrin:

Not bad, but theres the rendering to start with (pain in the... ) then I resized and rotated, found the right place and changed the opacity to see the bg, erased with a small soft brush. You can tell its not supposed to be there if you look at the lighting.

DeletedUser

Not bad, but theres the rendering to start with (pain in the... ) then I resized and rotated, found the right place and changed the opacity to see the bg, erased with a small soft brush. You can tell its not supposed to be there if you look at the lighting.

Oh, did you do that grainy tiny sand particle thingy that's all over the image yourself or was it already with the stock?

DeletedUser

That was a C4D of stars, it looked good when I first did it... not liking it atm

DeletedUser

can someone please explain to me what "rendering" means to you? because I have the impression that in this community the meaning of this term differs from it's usual meaning. thx.

DeletedUser

thx. because usually rendering is the process of generating an image (think about POV Ray)

Status
Not open for further replies.