Starting strat

DeletedUser

Eventually I will need a wall, doesn't mean it is the best stragety to build it now.

There's still a difference. Obviously there is not an immediate gain, but it will be worth it within the next few days. (Timber)

Wall does not grow resources.

DeletedUser

i seee lol oops :p

well still dont explain allyboo who has not even started farming yet and has more thn 20 spears and more than 110 points

You, sir, are obviously a n00b.
1. People play with aliases.
2. Sitting people at night to continue farming works wonders.

So think before you start spamming a thread with inane questions. And if thinking is difficult for you, maybe you should start exercising your brain.
I think for you maybe some MadLibs or perhaps Number Munchers. Muzzy is good for learning languages and Sesame Street too. Even more basic, perhaps some pop-up books.

Bai!!

robj

Since people are mentioning building 7 timber immediately, consider:

• 7 timber costs: 191:wood: 258:clay: 149 :iron: and gives +5 wood/hour
  • Instead you could build about 4 spears for that wood (and less clay/iron of course)
  • It will take 38 hours for that +5 increase to exceed the 191 wood cost (120 hours to gain timber == total resource cost)
  • In 5.73 farming attacks that include those 4 spears, you will recoup 191 of EACH resource (assuming no losses, so it will take somewhat longer at the very start).
  • With a total gain of 37 timber per hour, it'll take a little over 5 hours to get 191 wood back. This means you'll also be 5 hours behind in getting enough spears for early farming.

Thus, you should definitely prefer to build barracks and NOT build timber 7 immediately if you can make about seven-eight farming attacks in the first 38 hours of the game. You may even prefer to go this path if you can make only five or six attacks due to getting enough spears for farming 5 hours earlier, but the math for that is more complex ;)

This comparison also only considers timber, which is clearly the most important resource at the start ... but the other resources will be valuable enough shortly, so that makes not raising timber to 7 immediately even more attractive.

DeletedUser

You, sir, are obviously a n00b.
1. People play with aliases.
2. Sitting people at night to continue farming works wonders.

So think before you start spamming a thread with inane questions. And if thinking is difficult for you, maybe you should start exercising your brain.
I think for you maybe some MadLibs or perhaps Number Munchers. Muzzy is good for learning languages and Sesame Street too. Even more basic, perhaps some pop-up books.

Bai!!

well done mr clever people do play witrh alliases but if allyboo is than they are multi accounting cause allyboo is on w33

after posting this i relised allyboo only had 88 points at the time wen they claimed to have 20+ spears whats impossible because at them points you dont even have a barraks

BAIIIIII :axemen:

LastApparatus

Or Allyboo had a crappy start, restarted, didn't like the restart, and made an alias?

DeletedUser

if you think i do u should report me and let the mods decide :)

yer but if the account is still on the world than it has not been deleted yet and he can withdraw it

DeletedUser

Well you didn't factor in this Rob, what happens when the farms are all dry? You're making crap during hauls, while some may be getting extra resource from mines. Also take into consideration the people who have iron barbs, such as myself, I get an overwhelming 2x iron per raid, which is ridiculous, but it happens.

DeletedUser

I guess greys will run dry tomorrow everywhere. By then you should be ready to send small numbers around (without getting losses). The other players in your area will have to keep sending their spears to one farm at a time, while you haul from 10 farms at a time.

At a certain point walls will pop up everywhere and you will have less and less farms you can attack risk free. Then you either depend on the res you built or you have scouts, maybe even lcav by then. 8 lcav can haul from a wall 2 village without losses, even at -25%.

Overall spears are at least 3x more effective than pits, even if the are far away.

DeletedUser

Well considering that I have Evolve players surrounding me with the only other available farms past them, it's a good chance they're dry too.

DeletedUser

7 Greys in 9x9 + Inactives.

I wont be running dry anytime soon. I can keep things running for about 5 hours in both barracks and HQ. Got several farming parties.

Starting strat was similar to some here but farming is crazy at the moment.

Just 1 behind Jamm, I can't catch him :(

dragon222143

Am I the only one not blessed here? I just only have fully active people arround my 13x13 and RL friends :| ftw

robj

Well you didn't factor in this Rob, what happens when the farms are all dry? You're making crap during hauls, while some may be getting extra resource from mines. Also take into consideration the people who have iron barbs, such as myself, I get an overwhelming 2x iron per raid, which is ridiculous, but it happens.

Jamm answered the first part, so I'll just address the iron barbs. The bonus does not decrease the amount of wood/clay produced - it only increases the bonus resource (in this case iron). While you will haul a disproportionate amount of iron each attack, you won't receive fewer total timber/clay than from a normal gray village.

Certainly it will take longer to get the timber/clay resources from an iron bonus village than from a normal village. However, it should still be far faster than mines if you are active. Regardless, I do find it amusing that increasing a resource makes it a less desirable farm at the moment :icon_rolleyes:

Also consider that villages start with 500/500/400, so the haul should be a lot more even at the very start when it's critical to get timber to keep spears going & slowly tilt towards 2x iron haul.

DeletedUser

Well I could just paste my other reply again, but hell, I'll say it again.

My farms are running dry due to several people farming beside me, it's hardly worth it to farm anymore.

DeletedUser51390

Well I could just paste my other reply again, but hell, I'll say it again.

My farms are running dry due to several people farming beside me, it's hardly worth it to farm anymore.

im pretty lucky i dont have many others farming near me

some but not much