The Defectors

DeletedUser82316

Safe Zone = Tribe's core... The original alliance agreement called for players to NOT expand via barbs in the other tribes areas (K's which they were clear dominants)

So why did doggey take villages at the border of K10/K20? By your own definition, this was a Rider's core area. Was it possibly to try and establish nobling stations to prepare for this operation?

Truth does matter. It IS true that TR leadership spoke about attacking INSO, it IS true that players from PWC spoke with TR leadership about attacking INSO, it IS true that Hoss stated he would be attacking Shadryk before he could get support in place... Whether they would ever act on it or not is irrelevant.. the intention is there and it's clear what it was.

There is more, but I told them it was off the record, so it stays that way.

The first casualty of war is the truth. Yes, a PWC player contacted two of the Riders dukes (curiously not QM and Mike, so was this actually an INSO player in control of a PWC account trying to bait someone?). The player was turned down. To another point, a PR player did the same thing a few weeks before and got the same "No" response. It sounds to me as if some INSO players with control of other accounts were fishing for a reason to attack the old TR leadership. If the response was "yes", post the evidence.

DeletedUser

If TR talked about attacking INSO it was before they joined BEYOND and INSO did speak to us and pushed us to merge so it may not have been you but some on your council did it. I have always had the up most respect about. PWC came to us in BEYOND asking us to fight INSO we said no then and that included those who were from TR saying no we will not. I am not here to argue with you i actually like you and your one of the few who will fling stuff around on here in a good manor. I would like to see Mike respond or even see if QM can get on here.

DeletedUser

The first casualty of war is the truth. Yes, a PWC player contacted two of the Riders dukes (curiously not QM and Mike, so was this actually an INSO player in control of a PWC account trying to bait someone?). The player was turned down. To another point, a PR player did the same thing a few weeks before and got the same "No" response. It sounds to me as if some INSO players with control of other accounts were fishing for a reason to attack the old TR leadership. If the response was "yes", post the evidence.

We never really needed a reason in the first place if we wanted to we could say you are attacking our oldest ally that a lot of our members came from so we are going to destroy you. Ive heard the things that the former ~TR~ leadership was plotting against us tho i personally have no proof tho the council probably does.

DeletedUser82316

See, the first time anyone from INSO has spoken even a grain of truth. You don't need a reason, so why make up crap? This is a war game. Just come out and say "hey, we felt like taking on a new set of targets" and be done with it. But making stuff up and spouting lies, well that should be beneath you.

As for attacking "our oldest ally". We had not attacked a single member. We left the tribe because we didn't like the inactivity and poor leadership of the ex-Beyond dukes. We asked INSO to let us clean up some of the smaller players who have done nothing in months. (It seems like this is the criticism I have heard a lot about us, that we tolerate small players who do nothing to live in our tribe, so you would think INSO would have been perfectly fine with that.) We get a noncommittal answer from Shad and then the next day, thousands of attacks launched with no declaration of war on the part of INSO. Are we such a huge threat that a sneak attack was called for? Thanks for the compliment!

DeletedUser45372

See, the first time anyone from INSO has spoken even a grain of truth. You don't need a reason, so why make up crap? This is a war game. Just come out and say "hey, we felt like taking on a new set of targets" and be done with it. But making stuff up and spouting lies, well that should be beneath you.

As for attacking "our oldest ally". We had not attacked a single member. We left the tribe because we didn't like the inactivity and poor leadership of the ex-Beyond dukes. We asked INSO to let us clean up some of the smaller players who have done nothing in months. (It seems like this is the criticism I have heard a lot about us, that we tolerate small players who do nothing to live in our tribe, so you would think INSO would have been perfectly fine with that.) We get a noncommittal answer from Shad and then the next day, thousands of attacks launched with no declaration of war on the part of INSO. Are we such a huge threat that a sneak attack was called for? Thanks for the compliment!

Sneak attack? No sneak attack here... We attacked a new tribe that formed and planned on attacking our allies.

Riders (at the time) was our ally, NEB broke away, there was NO alliance with NEB... that made you open game.

DeletedUser82316

Ok, let me help you understand "sneak attack". This would be an unprovoked, undeclared war. NEB left Riders and 48 hours later a major operation was launched by INSO. Despite NEB asking for a NAP with INSO, no definite answer was given. So while the diplomatic process was still in progress, attacks were launched. (See Pearl Harbor for reference.)

I note that you make no effort to dispute the fact that NEB had not attacked a single member of Beyond when this happened, so the claim of attacking an ally is completely false. Once the INSO attacks were inbound, everything changed. And just a point of technicality, I believe NEB has still NOT attacked a Beyond member since the leadership there ran away to INSO in fear. So let's just drop the whole "attacking an ally" excuse, shall we?

Shadryk 01

INSO pushed pretty hard for it actually, whether you realized it or not.

Nuts! Raider (I believe it was him) pushed for it, speaking only for himself. Not "INSO." I was personally opposed to it as it "improved" the strength of the alliance for TR. The alliance with Beyond meant more to us than the alliance with TR. With the merge, we basically swallowed the "better" alliance.

Thankfully, TR fixed that problem for us. Now we are free to dance. :)

DeletedUser45372

Thats funny, since the bey0nd accounts ive been sitting all have incoming from before anyone joined INSO.

Shadryk 01

This would be an unprovoked, undeclared war. NEB left Riders and 48 hours later a major operation was launched by INSO. Despite NEB asking for a NAP with INSO, no definite answer was given......So let's just drop the whole "attacking an ally" excuse, shall we?

This operation is called a "First Strike." In this cable, you explicitly stated your intention to attack Beyond:

Our intentions are to clear out the players that have done nothing but sit under our umbrella of Diplomacy. Due to the fact that some of these players are in BeyOnd this will most likely cause war.

An attack on a tribe, regardless of which players you attack, is a clear act of war.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In either case, there is no way you would have received diplomatic protection from INSO. Either you get 20-30K attacks sent overnight, or we feed slowly. Pick your poison.

If you want to make the case that we would have attacked you regardless of what you did with your new tribe, I agree. You would have been attacked. This is Tribal Wars. We attack people.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

...If you want to make the case that we would have attacked you regardless of what you did with your new tribe, I agree. You would have been attacked. This is Tribal Wars. We attack people.

A very reasonable and honest posting. TW (at the tribal level) is a lot like Powell's doctrine, tribes attack when:

(1) Vital interests are at stake: The northwest is exposed.
(2) The exit strategy is clear: Need to end the world.
(3) They can apply overwhelming force: One side has it.

The rest, backstabbing, nobling in non-expansion zones, attacking inactives soon-to-turn gray, recruiting refugees etc, are playground excuses that we say to have some good fun with our forum propaganda. At the end of the day, INSO would have locked horns with ORION regardless of whether ORION had recruited anybody from [R], INSO would have fought PWC when CIV went down regardless of who had declared first, and INSO would have turned west no matter what name or shade of blue was there.

DeletedUser

Well put Zathhh, I had to see what everyone was hootin about on our forum.. Let's just shoot and duck if we can.. It's a game of war!!!

DeletedUser

If the rest if NEB fights like peterrope this is gonna be a short war

BumBa95 18

peterrope 0

these include the recappinig done by me

DeletedUser

Do you not realize that I am on the council? We didn't push for it at all, infact, we really didn't care what the west did.

Safe Zone = Tribe's core... The original alliance agreement called for players to NOT expand via barbs in the other tribes areas (K's which they were clear dominants)

Truth does matter. It IS true that TR leadership spoke about attacking INSO, it IS true that players from PWC spoke with TR leadership about attacking INSO, it IS true that Hoss stated he would be attacking Shadryk before he could get support in place... Whether they would ever act on it or not is irrelevant.. the intention is there and it's clear what it was.

There is more, but I told them it was off the record, so it stays that way.
I respect you as a player... but just admit, INSO did the right thing for them, but it was in no way honorable.

Woj, good luck here and in world55, once i get on my feet we may be able to work together, as i do find you to be a pretty chill dude. but yeah, this is just a game, and so most people dont feel morrally wrong about betrayal here. I do. Buck betrayed me, i was shitting bricks. IF you ever need to talk, im Smexy Time. now on w55, just 2k south of you.

DeletedUser86058

What i see here is. If Inso had push to make Riders they would find out who really wanted to join them. Then once the time came which i guess was now they would take the players that wanted to join them take the North west and have one corner blocked off. Which to me is a great strategy. But you would have to make sure the old members would attack there old members which i can see they can. So to me i really think Inso had this all planed and the members that have joined also know about this for a long time. This is also why what i can see villages have support right and nukes are handy right oh and those noble train they are there also. Since Inso does not disagree that they have spies all over well you have been spied i guess.

DeletedUser

This whole thread=
chris-crocker-crying.jpg

DeletedUser82316

It is nice that all you INSO players are showing up to offer condolences to yourselves on this move. Way to be a team!