The Great Beer Debate

DeletedUser

right then you bunch of alcoholics there was a mini debate on my thread about nuke gaining on axte (is closed now :( and the debate was about whether american beer (which sucks imo) is better than good ol' western european beer such as

Carlsberg
Guinness
Becks
Old Speckled Hen
Tetley's English Ale
Stella Artois
Holsten Pill's
Newcastle Brown Ale

these are but a few of our beers

and lets compare it to USA beer oh wait there are 4 where we have about 40+ to choose from the USA produces 4 brands lol

Samual Adams
Budweiser
Miller MGD
Miller Chill (Chelada Style)

hmmm the only one i wud drink there is Budweiser but only if the pubs ran out of european beer first lol

but the most important thing here guys is that everyone is wrong

because

Cider is clearly and completely the best lol
Gaymer
Magners
Blackthorn
Strongbow
Stella Cidre (yes Cidre)
Scrumpy Jack
Woodpecker Premium English Cider
KOPPARBERG (mixed fruit one is awesome)

and many many many more

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Cider > Beer

/thread

EDIT: Add Kopparberg to your cider list 0o.

DeletedUser

Most of the good American brew is not available outside of the US therefor you probably have never even heard of them, much less been able to taste. At least our beer is cold lol

DeletedUser95593

Eh cider sucks. Stella artois or Budweiser is the best. Anything cheap tbh, altough Fosters and Carling are horrible.

DeletedUser93822

I'm not a big fan of the big mass-produced US (or Canadian for that matter) beers; I have found many of the smaller craft brewers to be excellent and much worth my time. And like Conspikuous said, most are not available outside the USA. Some great US brewers include Sierra Nevada, Boulevard and Odell's. Here's a link to a blog of beer reviews:

http://ill-gottenbooty.blogspot.com/

DeletedUser

I'm not a big fan of the big mass-produced US (or Canadian for that matter) beers; I have found many of the smaller craft brewers to be excellent and much worth my time. And like Conspikuous said, most are not available outside the USA. Some great US brewers include Sierra Nevada, Boulevard and Odell's. Here's a link to a blog of beer reviews:

http://ill-gottenbooty.blogspot.com/

erm 6 of the pictures on that link i saw were of the same beer and 1 picture of another beer which is producd by the same company which looks the same

so from this blog ur implying that USA only does 1 beer? O.O

DeletedUser93822

Umm...no

Read...don't just look at pictures...:icon_eek:

Sam Adams does an IPA called Latitude 48, made with 5 kinds of hops from several different hop-growing regions; Yakima Valley Washington USA, East Kent UK and Hallertau Germany USA. This year they came out with "Latitude 48 Deconstructed", five versions of the IPA, each with one of the five hop varieties. There's a limited amount of images available for that style, and each variety uses a similar label. Scroll down and look at older posts and you'll see other brewers, although I admit there's a lot of Sam Adams these last few weeks.

DeletedUser93822

Carlsberg
Guinness
Becks
Old Speckled Hen
Tetley's English Ale
Stella Artois
Holsten Pill's
Newcastle Brown Ale

I've had all of the above except Holsten's and liked them all. I haven't had too much Guinness lately, I've found a few stouts that I like pretty well, like Old Rasputin from North Coast Brewing, so Guinness has some competition.

DeletedUser

Read...don't just look at pictures...:icon_eek:

Sam Adams does an IPA called Latitude 48, made with 5 kinds of hops from several different hop-growing regions; Yakima Valley Washington USA, East Kent UK and Hallertau Germany USA. This year they came out with "Latitude 48 Deconstructed", five versions of the IPA, each with one of the five hop varieties. There's a limited amount of images available for that style, and each variety uses a similar label. Scroll down and look at older posts and you'll see other brewers, although I admit there's a lot of Sam Adams these last few weeks.

picture's say more words than a dictionary ever can
(i no thats impossible lol but its a metaphor)

DeletedUser

Carlsberg
Guinness
Becks
Old Speckled Hen
Tetley's English Ale
Stella Artois
Holsten Pill's
Newcastle Brown Ale

I've had all of the above except Holsten's and liked them all. I haven't had too much Guinness lately, I've found a few stouts that I like pretty well, like Old Rasputin from North Coast Brewing, so Guinness has some competition.

holstens is actually pretty god
yellow can green rim at top with big black writing saying
HOLSTEN
PILLS

cant really miss it on the shelves at a shop
lol i advise u buy a 4 pack and have a taste they are pretty good :D

DeletedUser93513

All I have to say is.

Orange juice, guys. Orange juice.

DeletedUser93822

holstens is actually pretty god
yellow can green rim at top with big black writing saying
HOLSTEN
PILLS

cant really miss it on the shelves at a shop
lol i advise u buy a 4 pack and have a taste they are pretty good :D
We have a place just down the road that has a pretty wide selection of beers from around the world; I'll check them out for the Holsten's...I'll let you know what I think...ever tried Balticka?

DeletedUser

I said it in the other thread, too. I'll repeat it here.

Europeans that've never been to America and gone out of their way to try our microbrews are missing out. You can't judge American beer off of Bud/Coors/Sam Adams. But if you're ever in Colorado, you need to try Laughing Lab. It's just too good to pass up on.

That said... Guinness <3. And Warsteiner dunkel is pretty good, as well.

DeletedUser

I do not like guinness straight, way too thick for me, might as well put a steak in a bottle but irish car bombs are the shiznit for a night on the town.

A shotglass with half baileys and half jameson, Drop it in a pint and bottoms up. Damn so good.

DeletedUser

We have a place just down the road that has a pretty wide selection of beers from around the world; I'll check them out for the Holsten's...I'll let you know what I think...ever tried Balticka?

nope and tbh never heard of it but am guessing your gonna say its good so i will have a look for it

Deleted User - 4669627

:icon_rolleyes:

idk why i even wasting my time posting here

a beer thread with connoisseur's from across the globe?

um...

Samuel Smith, producing world class beer since 1758? (nut brown ale is my personal fav)

[spoil]http://www.merchantduvin.com/pages/5_breweries/samsmith_nut_brown_ale.html

the champagne of beer[/spoil]

i can understand that none of you realize my country is famous amongst beer afficionados
Star beer, google it, if you can find a single bad review, post it

[spoil]
2429188963_d99d5950a6.jpg
[/spoil]

but

hmmm the only one i wud drink there is Budweiser but only if the pubs ran out of european beer first lol

:icon_eek:

bud over sam adams? are you drunk right now?

[spoil]
drunk-dude.jpg
[/spoil]

Most of the good American brew is not available outside of the US therefor you probably have never even heard of them, much less been able to taste. At least our beer is cold lol

true, the best american beers are not the exports, a couple of smaller breweries that immediately come to mind are Pete's Wicked Ale (discontinued, buy it fast) and Yuengling's (america's oldest brewery) Black and Tan

[spoil]
http://brookstonbeerbulletin.com/gambrinus-discontinues-petes-wicked-ales/

DCP05017.jpg

[/spoil]

and yes, even becks and sam smith and newcastle should be served AS COLD AS POSSIBLE!

now i am really done with w51, this is just too low

DeletedUser

bud over sam adams? are you drunk right now?

that is a very good possibility considering i am on my ....erm...1...2.3......erm ...lost count .....5th there we go yes 5th bottle of magners cider atm lol and havent eaten for about 9 hours now lol