If there's someone I REALLY miss ... it's the quoted guy
^ Mail me here on forums a phone number please
Regarding the topic. It was a very nice read Midnight ... Pretty much right yes.
I for one was invited here just around the time I was suffering defeat in W8. And although given for me and all my players the liberty, joy and privs by the enemy that defeated us ... it just wasn't enough.
And so starts W21 ...
I personally still have the mail I sent to Backwards in W8 asking him to join this world. It was supposed to be our holiday ... and it turned out to be our sin LOL
Franco (Lello yayo) was the Duke back then but not too long after things had a lot of improving possibilities and Franco's time was diminishing. Me and Backie took the ship from that point sailing it to freaking hell and back.
I will state just a few of the more important memories I have from W21
My first ever encouter with a Puffin was ... kicking Vilbrii out of ARG
I caught her sitting so she got the boot
We needed a direction ... we napped a small tribe called HP ... We allied with CRayn ... we were allies with A2A but that didn't last.
If I recall correctly ... we never ever backstabbed. But it was not the diplomatic color on the map I put my loyalty to. It was the player.
Puffin agreed to a direct Alliance after talks and talks and more talks. Against my very ill tempered will ... they declared on HP and A2A. I couldn't care less about A2A but I was crying for HP. I stole an HP member just after they launched and that pissed off Bwah.
Sorry babes. We got to an understanding at some point and I could keep him.
Little did my allies know what I actually did. I gave HP's Duke an account in ARG ... after he was killed as Marduk
After this dust settled came my real stress ... Our Council and almost all members were fearful of Puffin because they had a very bad image as cowards and backstabbers. We slowly tried to keep them calm. Sometimes I felt their trust hanging by a thread, even worst for the border. But we managed ... basically because Roy liked me and I liked Roy ... And Bwah liked Backie while Backie liked Bwah ... I honestly hated Bwah as he enjoyed threatening and poking me with a stick :/
Later in our other allied tribe, CRayn ... Duke (Astro) left to leave Karma and ToTheGallowes as leaders. Our status didn't change towards them. Working with Puffin and ARG the 3 tribe team had planned to attack the north. Crayn was supposed to attack SWRS ... Puffin started with Magnum and little ARG was supposed to aid with whatever necessary from defense to sitting or what not they'd need. The dream table was set but it was not to last.
CRayn had a fake war with SWRS. Puffin had already started on Magnum and Karma with TTG came to me one night to say that in 4 days time they will have a surprise for Puffin. Dropping the NAP and launching head on. I tried ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to make them change their minds and after some 10 hours of trying such things ... I was left with no choice but to tell Puffin that they had a gangbang heading towards them. I hated CRayn for doing this to my tribe and my loyal allies.
If Puffin would have died we might have not gotten here. Me telling Puffin what's coming made CRayn start prematurely and unprepared adequately and it gave Puffin a few days to get ready.
At this point Puffin were in doubt if ARG would hit them too but I guess they hoped not. CRayn remained allied although it wasn't an ally I wanted to keep. I was glad they were defeated. They Merged to form TESB :/
After Puffin survived the gangbang with heads held high they never doubted little ARG again. We did try to help them one way or another during the war. Me, Backie and a few others traded iron for clay so they could recruit
We even gave them defense during the mid-stage of the war against the northern front
However ARG did still have doubt regarding Puffin but we still kept them in a nice line
The first time I ever was in Puffin I had to sit Bwah for defense. I never thought he'd just dump himself on me privs and all. I was a Duke in Puffin
And after reading their council forum I was very upset on ARG because in Puffin there was no idea of doubt regarding the alliance while in ARG there was plenty even in the little council. Doubt never showed it's face again after that
After the gangbang I guess we all know the history ... Puffin and ARG and Dr. No fought with TESB ... and all the rest of the happiness
The merge was a little stressful because the bigger and more serious players in Puffin were not used to ARG's little game like forum fun and the general fun filled forum spamming ... nor the mess that we generally created everywhere
So much for the written history
I will say I'm not going to forget the way W21 looked at the alliance between Puffin and ARG. Apparently it was Puffin playing boss tribe and ARG playing little puppy tribe.
Things were not like that to be honest. We had a tad of respect in names to start with. We built that respect in-game with wars adequate to our size. We kept our word at all times. And I don't think we could have ever had a better and more loved ally.
The alliance was pure and simple logic. Puffin had BIG fish to fry and needed a covered back ... ARG needed chance to grow and live to prove. ARG had no one else to seek for meaningful alliances. All other tribes were either too far ... too unloyal or just a future project for Puffin. It's pure and simple math.
The jealous and mean eyes of W21 always looked down on us as if we were cowards and pets
Serves them right what happened to them ... mostly
10 main things I will point out to what got us to win W21:
1. Loyal members held by their own desire provided with anything they wanted ... fun, wars, off-time, sitting or anything they just named.
2. Stable leadership that never squabbled. What Backie said was a rule to me and to everyone else
What I desired had to be done one way or another ...
I never stepped over Backie's rule and he never set me aside. I did do some bad things he had to fix though
3. We had small egos ... we never had vandetta type problems to put any of the members in trouble or start problems we could not solve.
4. Constantly watching over everything ... Backie lives on the other side of the world from me ... which made the tribe and game be watched by the Dukes at all time. When I slept Backie watched ... when I watched he slept. We were there most of the time for whatever would happen
5. We played our cards right. Taking the circumstances we could have done a LOT of mistakes yet we tried to do our best however possible.
6. 2 Dukes with 2 different talents and a core tribe. With my charms and Backie's brain an alliance with Puffin was possible
Also other things I had to "soften up for Backie to step in and finish the deal" - quote from Royalist
The tough core is our guarantee to serve our diplomatic agreements. No players going rogue or stuff.
7. Playing the game at a steady pace. Not too many or too hard wars, not too boring ... Too hard cracks people at some point, to easy bores them. Alternating peace with fun wars we always won was the key to a fun game
Maybe some would have wanted a faster going and more dramatic win ... well you go do it your own way ...
8. Honesty and sharing. We were as honest as possible to all players, the Dukes were honest with the council and we never plotted against each other. Honesty towards the diplomatic statuses ... so yeah I for one bent a couple of rules. So what?
It didn't hurt
We shared everything from war caps to inactives and scraps. And we discussed important matters as best we could.
9. We knew each other and we had trust. I knew Backie who knew a few players. Midnight was another player I knew and he had a team ... things developed ... we trusted Bwah and Puffin we needed nothing more but the love to spread
trust and understanding between people is a must in this game. We rarely ever had squabbles between players.
10. The huge scarifice ... we spent years of our lives for this. We "worked" a lot building the tribe and the relations. We spent many night sleepless to stick here and do what we had to do.
And I guess I should stop now ... I'm not planning to go through another world like this ... most likely not ever.
It is just too hard to do it again. It may seem easy ... but it never is.
I will never forget the players I played with and the people I met. I could name a lot of them in W21 ... each being a memory ... maybe not a perfect one but even though we had ups and downs ... we were all together. And I played with you all ... just one game in which I had ... everything I could ever want
I hope all my members got what they wanted from this world
Take care guys <3 Best of luck whatever you wish to do ... TW or RL