To turtle or to turtle not

setorines

Bah... To lazy to actually read, but I'll go ahead and say it... There is this thing called D-Strat. :icon_rolleyes: It won't get you top 20 during start up, but it's a safe way to at least stay competitive and go Defensive during the start of the game. It includes LC till you can get HC and farming as if you had LC. Not quite as effective, but MUCH safer.

DeletedUser

Hey, Lokinder, let's try something new. I invite you for a duel on the next world. You form a turtle tribe, and I will form one of my own tribes. Goal: to fight each other and see who wins. We'll be ignoring other tribes as much as possible :)

As for you rebuilding and having your nuke even bigger then it was......if I wanted to have a nuke bigger then yours I wouldn't attack your friend. I knew he was def with lots of it. I also wouldn't be clearing all those farms around us. I would just do what you were doing.... farm barbs (even tho I'm off) and use twstats or twmap to find cleared guys and farm them too. Isn't that what you were doing? Not my kind of game. But ofc, you wanted to keep your numbers and farm well and I can't argue wit that. But even with that strategy, we had almost the same number of troops when all of this started (I had maybe 100 or 200 more lc and around 800k more hauled then you), but I did have almost highest oda before this started and much more fun from the start of this w then you did :).

DeletedUser

And btw, you did your calculations wrong. I don't have only that much lc left :). Check the report I attacked you with and the report I attacked your friend with. Not all of the lc was sent to him, so atm, with all those clearing and looses I have almost as much as you do.

DeletedUser

goes to kitchen, making popcorn, sits down, enjoys the fireworks :lol:

on a serious note, never played D start up i admit, but i think its a waste on techs server, you just waste res on researching farming units until u get HC, and farming with sp+sw is much slower and you cant clear villages, safest startup is going all offense and outgrowing everybody else, just kill all, no threat later but thats just my opinion.

DeletedUser

Killy.

What you posted is the moderator's direct definition of a double post. Mine was a direct reply to another post, thereby wasn't a double post, for which the moderator will correct, I'm certain, but, apparently they care about such things here, so be careful.

You assume the only fun that can be had is by mindlessly mashing buttons all day with your co-play. I am surrounded by actual friends. People I like. People who make me smile. People with a sense of humor. People who like things I like. People who are a joy to be around. You could have rim shotted me, and you'd NEVER approach the level of fun I am having in this world. I have had to leave my previous two eras due to serious life situations. It's fun just to be back with these guys. It is also a somewhat daft thought to believe the only fun method of play is to bash anyone around you because you can. In fact, I can make a legitimate point that the way you play is the least fun there is. It's the same. Every era. There is limited personality altering the same equation over and over. For me, I make relationships. People around me aren't threats. They provide information. I was able to monitor your growth through them, for example. It allows each era I play to be distinctly different from the last.

Personal relationships with those directly around you do not seem, to you, to have the benefit of killing them out by the time they are 100 points, so you can farm them some until you don't really need to. I'd much rather have them at 3000 points, so if they become enemies, I can take them, and if they remain friends, they can provide quick, easy aid in crisis. Even if they are not as active or good as you may be, they can be enjoyable to know, thus making each era a new experience different than the last. Each style has benefits. You were 800 points larger with 800,000 more farmed, yet, other than cats, very similar in army size. By the time I was the same points, I'd have been far superior to your army size, so, point for point, which style has a greater achievable success rate?

You understand that offensive ranking isn't a real success rate. Actual troop count is a success rate. I now envision you as someone who hit refresh constantly awaiting the game's update of your latest OD score. It is considerably false, and really, somewhat childish for you to suggest you KNEW you were sending your army into defense, yet you kept a hearty batch of LC behind. Really? This is because you WANTED to lose more of them with what you did send? Don't be silly. Your nuke on Reddoog left with 164. You may have a few more. You do not have 600. But, if you do, come visit. We will take them out everywhere so you won't have to worry about keeping track. You sent what you had because you were CERTAIN he was supporting me and I was bluffing and you hoped hitting him would loosen me up. You called. And lost.

The style of play we employ is based, in large part, by the co-operative agreement we each share. You have a co-played account. I have 24 guys playing 1 account, in 24 pieces. If I had 100 people, we'd probably play the rabid style you enjoy because it's easier and less time consuming. But, as I told you, we enjoy playing the game with an ethos. It allows it to be more fun for us. This is why I told you that you could never join us. You'd never understand. If you want successful numbers, though, we are just a small tribe, yet, 34th in OD rating on our own. If you factor in those we've killed in our secret friends, we'd be Top 10. With 24 people. And we've got plenty more. Come see.

Lokinder, Lord of Tribal Affairs.

DeletedUser

well written, but doesn't make a point worth the read or effort.

DeletedUser

It is considerably false, and really, somewhat childish for you to suggest you KNEW you were sending your army into defense, yet you kept a hearty batch of LC behind. Really? This is because you WANTED to lose more of them with what you did send? Don't be silly.

Not to argue much as I'm not involved, but since you're talking about an early game tactic I thought I'd chirp in.

I would NEVER send all of my LC in a single attack at this stage of the game. If I did, one of three scenarios could happen:

1) Clear everything with less losses than with subtracted LC
2) I get backtimed so close that I potentially lose all of the LC.
3) My target gets support that my nuke can't handle and I lose all of my LC.

Now when I plan attacks I pretend that my opponents are at least if not more resourceful and skilled as my mentor, so early game I assume either 2 or 3 is going to happen without fail. When it doesn't, I consider it a bonus. If either of those happens, farming capacity drops severely, growth drops, and the person you attacked suddenly has an enormous advantage over you. If you hold back LC you maintain the farming capacity to quickly recover and fill the queues continuously without hindering your growth nearly as much.

Not to mention, sending them all stops LC farming until the command gets back, which also slows you down.

setorines

goes to kitchen, making popcorn, sits down, enjoys the fireworks :lol:

on a serious note, never played D start up i admit, but i think its a waste on techs server, you just waste res on researching farming units until u get HC, and farming with sp+sw is much slower and you cant clear villages, safest startup is going all offense and outgrowing everybody else, just kill all, no threat later but thats just my opinion.

With D-strat you still build 700-800 LC, to get you started.

DeletedUser

[spoil]
Killy.

What you posted is the moderator's direct definition of a double post. Mine was a direct reply to another post, thereby wasn't a double post, for which the moderator will correct, I'm certain, but, apparently they care about such things here, so be careful.

You assume the only fun that can be had is by mindlessly mashing buttons all day with your co-play. I am surrounded by actual friends. People I like. People who make me smile. People with a sense of humor. People who like things I like. People who are a joy to be around. You could have rim shotted me, and you'd NEVER approach the level of fun I am having in this world. I have had to leave my previous two eras due to serious life situations. It's fun just to be back with these guys. It is also a somewhat daft thought to believe the only fun method of play is to bash anyone around you because you can. In fact, I can make a legitimate point that the way you play is the least fun there is. It's the same. Every era. There is limited personality altering the same equation over and over. For me, I make relationships. People around me aren't threats. They provide information. I was able to monitor your growth through them, for example. It allows each era I play to be distinctly different from the last.

Personal relationships with those directly around you do not seem, to you, to have the benefit of killing them out by the time they are 100 points, so you can farm them some until you don't really need to. I'd much rather have them at 3000 points, so if they become enemies, I can take them, and if they remain friends, they can provide quick, easy aid in crisis. Even if they are not as active or good as you may be, they can be enjoyable to know, thus making each era a new experience different than the last. Each style has benefits. You were 800 points larger with 800,000 more farmed, yet, other than cats, very similar in army size. By the time I was the same points, I'd have been far superior to your army size, so, point for point, which style has a greater achievable success rate?

You understand that offensive ranking isn't a real success rate. Actual troop count is a success rate. I now envision you as someone who hit refresh constantly awaiting the game's update of your latest OD score. It is considerably false, and really, somewhat childish for you to suggest you KNEW you were sending your army into defense, yet you kept a hearty batch of LC behind. Really? This is because you WANTED to lose more of them with what you did send? Don't be silly. Your nuke on Reddoog left with 164. You may have a few more. You do not have 600. But, if you do, come visit. We will take them out everywhere so you won't have to worry about keeping track. You sent what you had because you were CERTAIN he was supporting me and I was bluffing and you hoped hitting him would loosen me up. You called. And lost.

The style of play we employ is based, in large part, by the co-operative agreement we each share. You have a co-played account. I have 24 guys playing 1 account, in 24 pieces. If I had 100 people, we'd probably play the rabid style you enjoy because it's easier and less time consuming. But, as I told you, we enjoy playing the game with an ethos. It allows it to be more fun for us. This is why I told you that you could never join us. You'd never understand. If you want successful numbers, though, we are just a small tribe, yet, 34th in OD rating on our own. If you factor in those we've killed in our secret friends, we'd be Top 10. With 24 people. And we've got plenty more. Come see.

[/spoil]

OMG Where in the world did you come from? i have not seen you post in forever :). Its Christina btw :).

DeletedUser

[spoil][/spoil]

OMG Where in the world did you come from? i have not seen you post in forever :). Its Christina btw :).

There are still a handful of people I recall from long ago. You haven't seen me post in a while because I haven't been here for a while.

Good to see you are still kicking around here. Feel free to say hello any time.

Reisen,

The back timing was off the table. When he hit me I scouted him as I had planned to back time and just wanted to be safe. I saw he had a stack and to back time without rams would have killed me. Now, technically, I could have back timed this attack. All your points are valid, but here, no such thought really went in. Killy knew nothing. He guessed those closest to me were empty. He went in as heavy as he could. Farming around him grew each hour. He may have kept a small batch and whatever he grew in the 10 hours, but it was not a substantial group. And his attack was what he would have had after the attack on me which he was protected from a back time. This is mostly just covering attempts likely to salvage an invite to a larger tribe for a hoped for future.

But, if I'm wrong, we'll know eventually, as I'll see it again up close when it dies, or when he's scouted and I see what's floating around.

DeletedUser

There are still a handful of people I recall from long ago. You haven't seen me post in a while because I haven't been here for a while.

Good to see you are still kicking around here. Feel free to say hello any time.

sounds good have you updated the to skype like everyone else has? lol, And glad you still remember me :).

DeletedUser

sounds good have you updated the to skype like everyone else has? lol, And glad you still remember me :).

You are not the first to ask. I suppose I'm going to have to add Skype to my system given it seems to be the way here.

DeletedUser

Reisen,

The back timing was off the table. When he hit me I scouted him as I had planned to back time and just wanted to be safe. I saw he had a stack and to back time without rams would have killed me. Now, technically, I could have back timed this attack. All your points are valid, but here, no such thought really went in. Killy knew nothing. He guessed those closest to me were empty. He went in as heavy as he could. Farming around him grew each hour. He may have kept a small batch and whatever he grew in the 10 hours, but it was not a substantial group. And his attack was what he would have had after the attack on me which he was protected from a back time. This is mostly just covering attempts likely to salvage an invite to a larger tribe for a hoped for future.

But, if I'm wrong, we'll know eventually, as I'll see it again up close when it dies, or when he's scouted and I see what's floating around.

Fair enough. :) I thought you were making a general statement rather than his specific context. If he's not even withholding a sum that's worthwhile to do what the smart thing to do was then I agree he's just silly. :icon_wink: Either way, have fun :p

DeletedUser100696

Read it all. Great read.

Only thing I have to add is he asked "To turtle or to turtle not"

Lokinder, honestly I like you, but if you were one player instead of a whole tribe, I don't think the outcome would've been the same. Likewise for you Killy, there is absolutely no reason you should've had that tribe stack you to begin with.

DeletedUser102180

A point well made Tuzain, except that as Lokinder pointed out we play this game together as a group, it is the only reason we play so there is no need to play it alone.

DeletedUser

Lokinder, I did leave some lc behind, and I can prove you that some time during the day, when my lc is back.

I left it home because of 2 reasons:

- target had some oda, so I was hoping for some more off troops in it, so less def - I admit
- to keep farming
- and ofc, if target is stacked on time, always good to have some lc left for rebuilding

You are playing with friends that you enjoy playing with? Nothing wrong with that, that's the whole point of a team game, and without that, there is no fun. But I have never questioned that in your tribe, I know you guys go together for some time.

And please, point of this tread is not Killy vs Loki, or Killy vs ESL, I just added those reports as an example so the story looks better. Point of this tread is turtle tribe against off tribe, chances of succeeding, speed of growth, amount of fun....things like that.

Tuzain, I'm not trying to prove here that I can win against his whole tribe, I can't, and I knew I had time for only few cat rides before he is stacked. And ofc, I needed to be stacked too so I don't get backtimed or catted. Why shouldn't I be careful.

If I wanted to make him quit, I would wait for nobles, 2 at least, and then surprise him. But that was not my goal at all.