TOP 10 Discussion & Analysis

DeletedUser

@Skierdude9(who uses numbers in their names nowadays)

Why are you so mad? o_O did ISN reject your application or something?

While i am not amongst the top players, i am pretty damn close and you should be surprised how much 1.6m resources farmed from mostly barbs, along with shutting down nearby competition early and being active when protection ends can help you grow. You should try and farm barbs a bit and cool down there m8.

I have no part in this tribes leadership so i may be wrong, but i doubt. ISN top players are simply top because they farm a lot, very active, add that up with a few strategic moves on dealing with inactives(you said removed after 2 weeks?) and boom, magic happens. We do not betray each other in order to gain ranks, we work together and help each other grow if someone is behind. Get your facts straight before you start bashing, assumptions could end up being fatal in this small world.

Thanks for starting with an insult on my username. I really appreciate it. Nice job showing some class.

Did you even look at the picture I posted? This one: http://puu.sh/mn6M5/cdbc1659bd.png - It's a picture of ISN's tribe changes.
Oh, I must have forgot that it's quite a common practice for top tribes to just keep 130 point players 3 weeks into a world who haven't seen growth in 2 weeks.

And just so you know, I did not apply to ISN, although being in the same continent (good distance away though as I was on the southern part). I thought the entire time (and I'm still unsure on this) that they were a foreign tribe, so there was always a lot of unknowns with them. I was taking note of their pushing from early on though since I was in the K. A clearly unusual number of 130-150 point villages near all their top players. No one was making a big deal about it at the time since ISN was ranked somewhere between 30-40. But clearly now it matters and is likely a big part of the reason they've seen such explosive growth over everyone else (obviously it's activity too).

Also yes, I may have come off a bit angry, but most of my anger is not exactly towards ISN, or it's members.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107658

Boosters are noobs, NWG are noobs, you're all noobs.

K54 r belong to us.

DeletedUser118888

Well maybe i did start off a bit loud, but i have been with them since the start and since i was not part of their premade i don't know about their big plan or starting tactics but i know and have seen that in times of need we react fast to help and during the start i worked together in clearing areas for farming and spiking strategic points. I am sure if they are truly abusing something here then they will get punished for it and i am sure TW staff is making sure everything is according to rules right now, especially since you brought it up here so loudly and ISN is currently leading point-wise which would only make sense to check and make sure if everything has been done right.

I am just trying to say that it is possible to reach high fast without cheating, if people are not getting banned then obviously they have done nothing wrong. Rules are rules, you can avoid them for only a while until they hit you hard.

Garrock

Well maybe i did start off a bit loud, but i have been with them since the start and since i was not part of their premade i don't know about their big plan or starting tactics but i know and have seen that in times of need we react fast to help and during the start i worked together in clearing areas for farming and spiking strategic points. I am sure if they are truly abusing something here then they will get punished for it and i am sure TW staff is making sure everything is according to rules right now, especially since you brought it up here so loudly and ISN is currently leading point-wise which would only make sense to check and make sure if everything has been done right.

I am just trying to say that it is possible to reach high fast without cheating, if people are not getting banned then obviously they have done nothing wrong. Rules are rules, you can avoid them for only a while until they hit you hard.

I don't mean to say they were doing anything unethical... too often in TW people want to go on witch hunts simply because they cannot understand or believe the success of others, or explain why they themselves cannot perform the way others are. I myself have had those rare worlds where my account was far far out ahead of others, and I can promise, I've never cheated, or used what many would consider unethical tactics.

The old pushing rules were abandoned years ago, that means, if I have 15 friends all start a world, and build a village up for me to farm, or even just make abusively unfair trades to gain an edge on, then that is actually legal... it's sad, but it's legal, and in this case, this is what I believe the conjecture is about.

Again, I don't mean to imply that this is what these members of ISN did, I'm just explaining what all of the conjecture is about. As for players who do employ these tactics.... well, in my mind, that is just sad... very very sad. At least they aren't on here boasting about how amazing they are.

Gorth Kirgar

Strannox, you seem like a fair guy. No hard feelings towards you.

The thing is that nothing is done against them because they are still playing within the rules, as push accounts are legal now somehow.
Well, somehow....they have likely been made legal because some players were just gifting vills to friends and let those friends farm them for a while. Of course a very legit thing and just a part of TW.
But it's a total different thing when you have 10 friends making an extra account on your world to give you a ridiculous advantage over other players. And I'm using the word 'friends' here to not get this deleted, but we can all guess who those "friends" are.

Maybe they seem like nice people, but ....

DeletedUser

Push accounts are still against the rules. Players were banned for push accounts as recently as world 64 from my memory, and I assume even more recently than that, just on worlds that I did not play.

• Operating a push account is forbidden. This is defined as regular resource transports from a weaker player to a stronger player.

Source: https://www.tribalwars.net/rules.php

Garrock

Push accounts are still against the rules. Players were banned for push accounts as recently as world 64 from my memory, and I assume even more recently than that, just on worlds that I did not play.

• Operating a push account is forbidden. This is defined as regular resource transports from a weaker player to a stronger player.

Source: https://www.tribalwars.net/rules.php

Skier, 64 was years ago, and the rules in fact have changed... yes, pushing is illegal, but the definition of it has changed. I know this for a fact based upon a TW admin response to a support ticket I placed on this very world.

Regular transports of resources between a weaker player to a stronger player is "pushing"... making an insane amount of 2/1 trade offers, or allowing a player to farm you while you support them is not pushing. I'm sure that a person can see the potential for abuse. Fact is, at this stage, free trade among tribemembers, let alone the world is closed, so they cannot be guilty of that. If all ip's are different, then they are no breaking any rules either, at least rules that can be proven.

DeletedUser

Skier, 64 was years ago, and the rules in fact have changed... yes, pushing is illegal, but the definition of it has changed. I know this for a fact based upon a TW admin response to a support ticket I placed on this very world.

When did the rules change, and where is this change listed?
I would assume the official rules page for the game would list the most up-to-date and accurate rules for the game, and they clearly outline that pushing is against the rules.

I can see here there was a rule change back in 2010 (much earlier than world 64 which started in late 2012) - https://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?159481-Push-Accounts/page27 - However it appears the updated rules after this still made pushing illegal.

I can find no further rule changes after that, although I may not be searching properly.

Also Strannox, props to you for your current positioning and great start. Very impressive and it's clear you're a skilled player. However, you are the exact kind of person that I was referring to in my original message that you insulted, when I said
Yes, I realize ISN has been recruiting solid players recently from outside of their original group, and those members clearly did not cheat, but that does not do anything in my eyes to un-taint the reputation I now have for ISN. If I were in their region, I too would probably want to join as well, because this is a competitive game and I would like to succeed (and hopefully be able to jump ship when I can).

Gorth Kirgar

mmmm.....I think the rule has changed a bit in the past week. I'm pretty certain it stated regular -sending- of resources from a weaker to a stronger player was seen as a push account.
The rule now implies that regular trades are also forbidden.

DeletedUser

it's all part of strategy mate. A unique game play =) If a player do that, it just means a TW addict and you have to make an effort to do those things to let your friends play and do that. ^^ Unlike doing multiple accounts, then that is bannable.

The thing is, if your doing fine/good/great, that is not cheat but if others are doing fine/good/great than you, you call it a cheat! Ironic isn't it!?

I'm sure TW staffs are working hard for the community. Maybe a few mistakes here and there but yeah, we are only humans and bound to commit mistakes. =)

What is really considerable as a cheat are those programs that can edit troops, villages instantly. Cheat Engines could do that before. And those are cheats. When it involves effort, like push accounts, we,ll you have to give them credit for it for the effort. Imagine, it's also a free advertising =) you let your friends play tw to gain and advantage unknowingly you introduce those friends of your about this game.

The truth is, I see a lot of complaining and yet no one did something to try at least be part of the helpful tw community addicts to bring back the game's former glory. Many are complaining about how tw's players decrease from since then and when a new player comes in, all they think about is farming and their points, troops, etc. You can farm barbs, let the players come in/return first before you start showing off your skill/talent that you are very good at this game.

What good are your skills will be to you when you play the game with only your friends? a small amount of players... at least, if you want to play, game other players a chance to grow before you hack and slash them off the MAP. Not many players are keen to restarting.

All the Tribes I see right now are just aiming for Top 1 and not even bother to help, teach. That is why loyalty and trust are rare now a days. Unlike those old players who had friends way back before when tw started. The new ones, give them a chance, even the ones you called the 'nubs/noobs'. Maybe, nobody did make an effort to teach them. =)

Everyone wants honor, love, fame and praise but nobody wants to pay the price....

DeletedUser118888

in my original message that you insulted, when I said

My apologies for insulting, but such accusations are bound to be a hot topic for targeted tribes members.

As a person quite recently told me "Easy method only takes you so far, and that these people who take advantage may gain some early, but in the long run they lose out.".

It is true that during mid-late game, amount of resources gained plays a lesser role and probably every person tied in this current conversation can agree on the fact that defeating a cheater feels good and especially when they are good in the game on top of that. While i am hoping to be right on the points that i defended earlier, anything is possible.

Now if TWstaff would only give out more details, we could be sure if these accusations(boosting part, cheating is questionable it seems) are correct or not.

DeletedUser

ProGamer2010, I was waiting for you to laugh and point out that your post was all satire, but you never did.

Assuming you were being serious.... The game is basically officially dead. This, to me, is the last world Tribal Wars will ever have. Obviously if you care to play P2W worlds you may think otherwise. I think I speak for a good portion of the TW community when I say that after this world the game is dead.

Also I'm not calling them cheaters because they are doing well. There have been worlds where players have taken huge leads over the rest of the competition early game. Runaway Train or whatever reached 10k points before anyone else in the world had 4k. No one, including myself suspected him of cheating. Nauz used to be able to get massive leads on every world he played. I've never suspected or heard anyone make claims of him using cheats.

I'm saying they are cheating entirely because of the obvious number of push accounts surrounding their top players. Not because of their points.

Now if TWstaff would only give out more details, we could be sure if these accusations(boosting part, cheating is questionable it seems) are correct or not.

Good luck getting that. The TWstaff have actually just given up on the game. Even when demands were made to get their attention by Shayd when he proposed an idea that was suppose to be profitable for innogames, he still had massive difficulty getting any response from the TW staff except a response from Morthy saying, "You're funny."

DeletedUser57316

@Skierdude, kinda insulting you think Milfs is the only threat to rabid ;(

DeletedUser110464

This has been stated to some of you already in the form of infractions and such, but this is a reminder to EVERYONE now. There is to be no ban discussion or cheating accusations on the forums. Let's get this thread back on the topic of top tribes rather than who is or isn't supposedly cheating. Any further posts regarding the subject will be infracted + removed.

DeletedUser

Sorry to anyone that got an infraction due to what I have said. I'm still glad it was said though.

@Skierdude, kinda insulting you think Milfs is the only threat to rabid ;(
I guess AKATS could be a minor threat? Maybe?
NWG is also in the region but will probably dissolve like SALT soon, and any decent players will be picked up by RABID (or MILFS, whomever gets them first).

blckdrgn1

Well when he realised Rabid would never merge into them im sure he knew he wouldnt last long.

I never wanted Rabid to merge into Salt :)

I realized I wouldnt last long when I was only farming once or twice a day because I had almost no freetime after having a newborn daughter. That is why I told my tribemates to work on joining local tribes that had leadership that could be more active.

If I could play like I used to 12-16 hours a day things would have been different. Real life comes first, for me at least :)

DeletedUser116902

Sorry to anyone that got an infraction due to what I have said. I'm still glad it was said though.

I guess AKATS could be a minor threat? Maybe?
NWG is also in the region but will probably dissolve like SALT soon, and any decent players will be picked up by RABID (or MILFS, whomever gets them first).

Your opinion about SARCOW?

DeletedUser

Your opinion about SARCOW?

Seems like a slightly above average tribe. They aren't a premade and don't have a ton of talent in the world, but they are probably doing what they can to recruit whoever is decent in their area.

They are split into 2 groups with ISN between the two, and PANDA on top of their southern half. I can't see either PANDA nor ISN being too keen to start an alliance with them, so I doubt their future looks too bright. They haven't run into any trouble yet with their ODD being so low, but nothing else really stands out to me.

Would give them a 4.5/10, but I doubt they'll last in their position because in my eyes ISN and Panda are both slightly better, and have better positioning for early game war. You've already topped your recruitment so further recruitment won't help. Would say they'll need some steller diplomacy to survive.