Top 10 tribes and your thoughts?

DeletedUser

But RES don't loose ground. Unlike DLV, who have always done so, right? If we check the facts like they are, DLV has more war experience than RES, I'll give you that. But in their first real war, RES showed a willingness to fight by invading enemy territory and holding their ground, while DLV always folded and lost territory to their enemy in wars. Like I told you so many times, I can't stand DLV, but I find it sad that you represent them, because I kinda like you :icon_redface:. And yes, I did miss the part where you complimented them :icon_surprised:. I'm sure I missed lots of parts in that conversation, I should not post while I'm drunk :lol:.

Also, if I could find a nice and well written way to call you an idiot, I would still call you an idiot, you know?

I believe that if you need to resort to something else than the ingame aspect to win a PnP battle, it's because that battle is already lost.

And I was drunk, I confused that guy with someone else :icon_redface:. He's not my friend :icon_redface:

I now have a headache... if we ever meet in RL our time will be spent with me teaching you english... i cant argue with you anymore... it saddens me...

I just fixed his English in the above quote. Now, stop pretending you couldn't understand that, because we all know you could, and answer. I'll wait.

He has perfectly valid points, despite not knowing English as a first language. But flaming on the basis of language not only shows a weakness in PnP skill, but is also against the rules. Just a reminder to all you out there :icon_wink:.

Continue.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks Orel:icon_redface:

Dark Dreus said:
I now have a headache... if we ever meet in RL our time will be spent with me teaching you english... i cant argue with you anymore... it saddens me...

I think I retract the part about *I kinda like you* and answer with this...

emoticon-0172-mooning.gif

Or even better,Il answer with an even less classy flame:

By the time I learned to spell and talk english perfectly, you still won't have learned to be a decent player/leader.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I just fixed his English in the above quote. Now, stop pretending you couldn't understand that, because we all know you could, and answer. I'll wait.

He has perfectly valid points, despite not knowing English as a first language. But flaming on the basis of language not only shows a weakness in PnP skill, but is also against the rules. Just a reminder to all you out there :icon_wink:.

Continue.

Does it matter? DLV has been fighting for the same villages since the dawn of the tribe... I believe i've admitted publicly that I'm among greater leaders than myself, refering of course to Wizdom, KK, KG, DH (not necessarily in that order)... So I dont need you to tell me that i'm not a good leader... What I am, is a stable one. I dont make rash decisions, my emotions dont get involved, I seek to fulfill my goals and honor my agreements. If there is any other kind of leader, you may decide what is best for yourself.

Whatever my skill level as a leader, I still lead... and whatever my skill as a player, i still play... and for you to know, i learn quickly from my mistakes.

The Great 1One1

A stable leader? Didn't you invite half of manic in DLV once?

DeletedUser55663

Kriid speaks better English than alot of the other people on this forum do.

DeletedUser

Does it matter? DLV has been fighting for the same villages since the dawn of the tribe... I believe i've admitted publicly that I'm among greater leaders than myself, refering of course to Wizdom, KK, KG, DH (not necessarily in that order)... So I dont need you to tell me that i'm not a good leader... What I am, is a stable one. I dont make rash decisions, my emotions dont get involved, I seek to fulfill my goals and honor my agreements. If there is any other kind of leader, you may decide what is best for yourself.

What TGO said.

Whatever my skill level as a leader, I still lead... and whatever my skill as a player, i still play... and for you to know, i learn quickly from my mistakes.

If you'd learned, you wouldn't be losing villages, nor would your ODA and ODD be so relatively low to those who have learned :icon_wink:.

This is why DLV as a top ten tribe, doesn't necessarily get included everywhere.

Dark Dreus, you lack the ability or the will to make the decisions without regret. DLV is standing on the sidelines, watching the world's end come nearer and nearer. And while your tribe gets nobled from all sides, you don't decide to find a way to stop it?

You're in the most difficult position of the game, right now, and I respect that. But for you to come on here, call someone illiterate or flame them for their English, only highlights the idea that despite all your efforts to be rational, calm, cool, and collected, you only have a belief that you are. Because if you were, you'd have done what was best for your tribe a long time ago, improved their playing skill, made them work together better, and had them doing something in this war. Instead, you're left to the leader position of a tribe that, despite never giving up, never accomplishes anything.

Those are my thoughts on DLV, so don't assume I'm going off-topic.

DeletedUser

A stable leader? Didn't you invite half of manic in DLV once?

Twice. And the second time, they joined.

What TGO said.

If you'd learned, you wouldn't be losing villages, nor would your ODA and ODD be so relatively low to those who have learned :icon_wink:.

This is why DLV as a top ten tribe, doesn't necessarily get included everywhere.

Dark Dreus, you lack the ability or the will to make the decisions without regret. DLV is standing on the sidelines, watching the world's end come nearer and nearer. And while your tribe gets nobled from all sides, you don't decide to find a way to stop it?

You're in the most difficult position of the game, right now, and I respect that. But for you to come on here, call someone illiterate or flame them for their English, only highlights the idea that despite all your efforts to be rational, calm, cool, and collected, you only have a belief that you are. Because if you were, you'd have done what was best for your tribe a long time ago, improved their playing skill, made them work together better, and had them doing something in this war. Instead, you're left to the leader position of a tribe that, despite never giving up, never accomplishes anything.

Those are my thoughts on DLV, so don't assume I'm going off-topic.

Everyone everywhere loses villages, but you are right and i'm am still learning. This being my first world, i think i've done rather well so far and will continue to do so. Also, have I not claimed that the reason for DLV's existence is due to the general unwillingness to give up? That is the greatest accomplishment in TW, because here, "I wont give up" is a guarantee that "I'll" be here at the end. No player can do better than that, we just happened to be able to say it while losing as well as winning.

DeletedUser

1. S²ORM - Uber noobs that have way too much territory, led by a man that gets more and more bitter each day.

2. Deus - Their duke is hawt, but he's mean to me. I admire many players in Deus, and would like them to be around for a lot longer.

3. =TTD= - I don't really have an oppinion on TTD, as I've never really heard anything about them, which I guess is as much my fault as theirs.

4. S²ORM² - See 1.

5. AYREON - I can't remember any big wars they've been in which have shaped the world in any way.. They seem to have been around for quite a while though, which is commendable.

6. =RES= - My old tribe, I won't comment on them as I've already said too much.

7. Heroes - Wait, who?

8. DLV - Seem to still be using the old 'we got crippled by MANIC' excuse to explain why they've not warred anyone but Azi's pet tribe in about a year.

9. ~DH~ - Unproven in war, take barbs and the tribeless. Most members are unskilled, and they present themselves as if the world is a year younger.

10. -S.A- - See 9.

DeletedUser

I refuse to acknowledge them as a tribe.

And still, for a year before them, you hadn't warred anyone but Azi.

DeletedUser

Dark dreus I know you are my leader and all. But honestly that was kind of sad:

DLV is a shambles in my eyes. A terrible tribe. DD however is a good leader with a few decent loyal members eg;

Crockogrunt
Me
lfas

So on.

However how long did MANIC war DLV? How long did the tribe use the plan expand in another direcection and outlast them? DLV did thier bit in the war. They held on and they grew. Crippled by MANIC they held on. However the tribe is suffering hit after hit of bad luck like inactivity.

DD is a good leader. However his tribe got into a mess due to the fact other people screwed it(MANIC, Old dukes). And believe it or not the tribe is in better shape than it ever was.

And if DD boots me for the summary of what im about to say then so be it.

DLV is as good as an inactive 9k point fighting a war against Deus. However can you really blame them after what happened. DD will soon realise that the decision will come upon him. The "Make it better or merge" decision.

DD will make the right decision and i believe if DD used some force on his members it could be put back to its former glory.

DeletedUser

DD, you should mail me. I'll be your baron and advisor, we can get DLV back to it's glory. i r awesomist pwnsome.

DeletedUser

I refuse to acknowledge them as a tribe.

And still, for a year before them, you hadn't warred anyone but Azi.

Manic War ended in october (that disproves your theory, but i'll continue)

The war on Azi was fought mostly for DLV's self respect, it took 12 days to disband them.

SOA had been fighting select members of DLV since December and I decided to let it be war last month...

As you see, that's over. It was just about a year ago that the manic war started, so DLV has not had too long a rest at all...

@West

You know you dont have to fear expressing your opinion...

The Great 1One1

A year ago today, DLV were a decent, if unknown, tribe. They had some good members back then who have gone on to do well in other tribes (Kriid, king1058, ravensbane, tafty lol). However, none of the aforementioned are still with DLV. Even TheGame has left. When you have lasted one and a half years without ever winning a war, despite having some pretty good players, you do have to wonder if the blame for DLV not reaching their potential lies with the duke of the tribe.

Sorry Dreus, your persistence in keeping DLV alive for as long as possible is admirable, but it proves nothing. You have gone one and a half years without winning a war (unless you count the short-lived "war" with Azi). I think that your reluctance to take part in this world war pretty sums up the way you have run DLV.

DeletedUser

I'd hope DD still has fun in the game, yeah? That makes it 'count', and proves sufficiently, I'd imagine. Not everyone feels like measuring e-peens every second turn.

DLV as a tribe fills a niche market, and it does so with much more diligence than normal mass-recruiting tribes (now: DH, former: HDR, Azi, etc etc). Has DH won a war? Has HDR, who had been around for longer?

For that matter, has RES? Had COTI? Pity. These tribes prove nothing.

DeletedUser

VVV? That's a rather interesting/debateable case. I doubt that many would agree with you that VVV fell because of COTI.

Conan isn't worth mentioning, really. I doubt they even reached the top 20. Idem with any of the others, save for BoU. In regards to that last one; I think it wasn't just COTI that attacked them, but my memory's a bit spotty on that regard.

Either way, I daresay you got my point.