Top 20 Players

Mick876

The guys cluster was a isolated cluster, he had like 20 villages all under heavy attack. S1cky is leaving out the details ;)

DeletedUser

That's me Fighting for about 1 village 2 days long -.-

and this is me nobling & actually keeping it :

I TRIED AGAIN....SUCCESS !! (322|668) K63 9,390 zubizarus [Die.] SnafuMaster [Phoenx] 2010-01-07 02:34:37
:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

nice to see some old tribemates in the top 20, good luck guys, wish i hadnt stopped :p

DeletedUser

How good are these players? I don't know. Characterizing the whole group as "Pointwhores" is an incorrect use of the term. A pointwhore is a a player who sacrifices troop count for point count. These players, as a whole, have not done that with some exceptions. Barb munching? Yeah, that's the state of the world right now.

Thats not what my total definition of a pointwhore is. I think barbmunching and inactive gobblers are also pointwhores, and seeing as everyone in the top 20 is doing that. I hadn't nobled a barb(except for players that disbanded when I was attacking them) for over a year.

DeletedUser

There are indeed two simple ways of defining a pointwhore. In my opinion the correct meaning would be indeed, someone that sacrifices his troop count for points. Most known example is having maxed out villages.
On the other hand there is the villagewhore, who's only out for easy-to-noble villages as barbs and quit players, which doesn't necessarily means he is out for the points or the rank, as a low points/village average might point out.

good examples of both would be, respective, lilianax and manoka. lilia having highest points per village average of the whole top 20 and still not getting in top 3. manoka the other way around, having most villages but still not being first.

DeletedUser49744

pointwhore

If I build in my villages all workshop to lvl 15, that means ~771.500 points - I would be number 1. I was at the 1st place, but I stopped to playing almost 2 months - and this "pulled" me down.

lt181

There are indeed two simple ways of defining a pointwhore. In my opinion the correct meaning would be indeed, someone that sacrifices his troop count for points. Most known example is having maxed out villages.
On the other hand there is the villagewhore, who's only out for easy-to-noble villages as barbs and quit players, which doesn't necessarily means he is out for the points or the rank, as a low points/village average might point out.

good examples of both would be, respective, lilianax and manoka. lilia having highest points per village average of the whole top 20 and still not getting in top 3. manoka the other way around, having most villages but still not being first.

Right. The reason you need different terms for each player is because the act of "pointwhoring" and the act of "village whoring" have vastly diverse affects on the account in question.

Pointwhoring hinders one's ability to both secure new villages, and defend the ones you have. There is no benefit to the account besides those political and personal ones that might come with having an account that is ranked artificially high.

Village whoring is a different story. Village whoring is...good. At least when it comes to the benefit it provides to the individual account.

There's this whole macho thing that some people try to adopt with Tribalwars. "You're wimpy because you take gray villages. I'm tough because I take red ones." This attitude permeates the culture of TW, and it makes me chuckle every time I see it. Like anyone that sits on a computer and sends "attacks" via a mouse and modem can be considered tough.

Now, let me be clear. There are times when players hurt their tribes because they are more concerned with their own personal account growth than their tribe's well being. These players eat dead accounts/grays during war time situations. It is the job of leadership to kill these players asap, as they eventually drag down tribe morale.

However, those accounts that sit idle, and use war inactivity as an excuse, lose their relevance. Good players need to constantly expand their clusters. It's best to do it by eating enemies, but barring that it must be done using what is available.

DeletedUser51929

1. Horica - Never spoken to him, though seems a good player.
2. Manoka - Awesome player, and very friendly. Though the way he left was childish.
3. Ana Martins - Not sure, Good player though.
4. Masashige - Biased oppinions says awsome player :icon_wink:
5. lilianax - Point whore, though imo if your in the top 20 you have enough villages to be a point whore as you will have way more troops.
6. warsigmar - not to sure. good player
7. lt181 - Smart, very good player indeed.
8. Nestra - awesome.

Bored, the majority are decent players.

DeletedUser

So lets just all stop waging wars and noble barbarians instead? Oh wait that process is 90% complete already. I just don't see the fun in nobling barbs when you still have enemies... And there ALLWAYS are enemies.

lt181

So lets just all stop waging wars and noble barbarians instead? Oh wait that process is 90% complete already. I just don't see the fun in nobling barbs when you still have enemies... And there ALLWAYS are enemies.

No, that's not what I'm saying.

First off, there aren't always enemies. On this world, in my core area, there haven't been enemies for 2 years. And, I don't mean there weren't any enemies in my direct area. There were no areas for K's and K's. I'm a big part of that, and I've already documented some of the events that led up to that happening as being my biggest errors in TW (merge with -RB, Merge again, Merge again). But, we all make mistakes, and mine were made because I was relatively new to the game.

Abandon nobling is not fun. But it can be productive. Here's what I'm saying: If you have a choice between doing nothing because you have limited wars in your area, OR nobling inactives/abandons in your cluster...You are making an inefficient decision if you decide not to noble.

DeletedUser

Meh there are always enemies if it gets boring. Look at me I was going to declare on RMC but only reason I didn't was because I was quitting anyway. I would dare put my money on it that over 70% of the players on active frontlines noble more barbs then enemies. I say it's an inefficient decision to noble barbs. Nobling barbs is just like a cold war, you all noble as much barbs as possible and try to noble more then the other side. But when you are not nobling barbs you can noble enemies which makes them go into the defensive. Even if they keep nobling barbs they also keep losing villages to you. Don't say it's inefficient not to noble barbs because I had been inactive for half a year before januari last year and had dropped down to rank 250 or so. In half a year without nobling a single barb I had gotten up to rank 95 or so again. And don't let a couple K's keep you from nobling enemies, I have nobled from K33 into K0 and K1 before aswell at a much earlier stage around 4.5mill. Think of what you can do with 20 mill and a couple friends.

What w6 is lacking is more then just activity, it's also a strong leadership. Everything is friendspolitics nowadays, everyone is friends with everyone.

lt181

Meh there are always enemies if it gets boring. Look at me I was going to declare on RMC but only reason I didn't was because I was quitting anyway. I would dare put my money on it that over 70% of the players on active frontlines noble more barbs then enemies. I say it's an inefficient decision to noble barbs. Nobling barbs is just like a cold war, you all noble as much barbs as possible and try to noble more then the other side. But when you are not nobling barbs you can noble enemies which makes them go into the defensive. Even if they keep nobling barbs they also keep losing villages to you. Don't say it's inefficient not to noble barbs because I had been inactive for half a year before januari last year and had dropped down to rank 250 or so. In half a year without nobling a single barb I had gotten up to rank 95 or so again. And don't let a couple K's keep you from nobling enemies, I have nobled from K33 into K0 and K1 before aswell at a much earlier stage around 4.5mill. Think of what you can do with 20 mill and a couple friends.

What w6 is lacking is more then just activity, it's also a strong leadership. Everything is friendspolitics nowadays, everyone is friends with everyone.

Of course if you are choosing between nobling an enemy or nobling a barb, it is advantageous both to you account, and your tribe to noble the enemy. But, that's not what this conversation is about. This conversation is about the implication you made that indicated that you thought the top 20 of this world is inferior to your account because they have nobled barbs.

I can't speak to the quality of many of the top 20 as I have not fought with them/against them yet. But, I can tell you that saying that they are inferior because they have nobled barbs at this point in the game is too simplistic of a point of view in my opinion. If you are a good player, it is your job to continue to grow your account. It is in both your own, and your tribe's interests to see that good players have big accounts. The death knell of a tribe is when your biggest players are not skillful.

So, in summary, it is my position (as I've said all along) that taking enemy villages is preferable to taking inactive ones. However, there are also scenarios where it is advantageous for players to grow on villages that are not enemy villages in order to project more power against enemy villages in the future. If you don't grow, your account becomes less able to hurt an opponent.

DeletedUser

So no-one in the top 20 is close to enemies? And I do not share the same vision that the primary objective is to grow your account.

lt181

So no-one in the top 20 is close to enemies? And I do not share the same vision that the primary objective is to grow your account.

Really? The primary objective of tribalwars isn't to take villages? Then what's the primary objective?

DeletedUser

Have fun, wage wars, and become dominant in the world(those are the primary objectives in my eyes). You might say nobling more villages and growing makes you more dominant, but being bigger then your opponent does not always mean you dominate them. On the contrary, I have very often seen from first hand(myself and alot of others) that a smaller player can dominate a (sometimes much) bigger opponent.

DeletedUser

No, that's not what I'm saying.

First off, there aren't always enemies. On this world, in my core area, there haven't been enemies for 2 years. And, I don't mean there weren't any enemies in my direct area. There were no areas for K's and K's. I'm a big part of that, and I've already documented some of the events that led up to that happening as being my biggest errors in TW (merge with -RB, Merge again, Merge again). But, we all make mistakes, and mine were made because I was relatively new to the game.

Abandon nobling is not fun. But it can be productive. Here's what I'm saying: If you have a choice between doing nothing because you have limited wars in your area, OR nobling inactives/abandons in your cluster...You are making an inefficient decision if you decide not to noble.

Thats why a good leader tries to make sure that all of his players have a piece of every border. He arranges nobling excursions and village exchanges in such a way that there are no real personal clusters but rather a homogeneous and compact tribal cluster. Tribe mates are forced to be in communication with each other because the closest support to them comes often not from themselves but their tribemates. Each member has personal involvement in every war. One member going inactive doesnt leave an entire sector of tribal territory to go grey.

lt181

Thats why a good leader tries to make sure that all of his players have a piece of every border. He arranges nobling excursions and village exchanges in such a way that there are no real personal clusters but rather a homogeneous and compact tribal cluster. Tribe mates are forced to be in communication with each other because the closest support to them comes often not from themselves but their tribemates. Each member has personal involvement in every war. One member going inactive doesnt leave an entire sector of tribal territory to go grey.

Right. I don't disagree, and the thesis of this discussion is not Abandoned villages vs. Enemy villages. This discussion is centered around two theories. One is that it is better to grow your account (in this late game scenerio) all of the time so that it doesn't become less relevant, and the other is that only enemy caps should be taken.