Tribal Wars, A Dying Game?

DeletedUser

3. Why would they advertise on the TV. Do you know how much it costs to put a commercial on TV? A lot. Plus they would have to advertise for many different countries to attract people from all parts of the world. Way too costly.

Travian advertises on TV. It's not impossible, nor impractical.

DeletedUser

Travian advertises on TV. It's not impossible, nor impractical.

I personally don't think advertising on TV would be the best form of advertisement for this type of product. I remember when i first started playing, i noticed the games advert on a facebook sidebar. Advertising on facebook or another website is immediately hitting an audience that already uses a computer whereas with advertising on TV you may only be hitting a small portion that does.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No one watches TV adds any more :/

Sky Plus/Tivo/Downloads...

not everyone has the money for sky+ or tivo. theyre expensive :|

Either way, inno need to advertise more. and i dont just mean tw, i mean advertise their company and advertise all their games at once on some advert. they would only have to air it like 5-10 times on a big tv network in countries they dont have a huge existing memberbase (like aus)

DeletedUser

facebook banners would be a pretty good way. I'm pretty sure thats how I found tw.

DeletedUser94483

you know for tribalwars being a dying game...this thread has had 87 pages of conversation(not exactly the most ever BUT still) and was opened in 2010,July 22nd, 04:47 today is 2012,April 28th, 1:12:03

I think the game is more safe then we make it out to be.

scarlet ash

If that were the case adverts would cease to exist.

TV Advertisements are very costly and even though often will be seen by many more people (Depending on the channels you advertise from) it will still only be hitting a very small relevant target consumer unlike facebook where it will be hitting a smaller consumers view how ever probably more relevant consumers.

Michael Corleone.

you know for tribalwars being a dying game...this thread has had 87 pages of conversation(not exactly the most ever BUT still) and was opened in 2010,July 22nd, 04:47 today is 2012,April 28th, 1:12:03

I think the game is more safe then we make it out to be.
See I disagree. The fact that it has been open this long and I have yet to see any solutions for the decline in traffic... sure maybe it will not die now. There is zero advertising for this game, in order to make more money, they need new customers.

I know I am stating the obvious and it has been said in this thread countless times, but I still believe this game is declining.

DeletedUser

If that were the case adverts would cease to exist.
If anything it seems like commercial breaks on tv are getting longer. Often now it seems like for a 1 hour program on tv the actual program will be about 45 mins long with the other 15mins of that hour being comprised of adverts

I wonder if a world would work where instead of being able to have an unlimited number of villages (as many as someone can noble and hold onto) there could be a cap in the number of villages someone could have and instead there would be no limit to the number of upgrade levels, with each upgrade level being more expensive then the last

DeletedUser

What would be the point? What happens when you are left with two full tribes who have both reached cap limit on villages? You'd be left with simcity; see who can pointwhore the most until the other one quits? Terrible idea.

DeletedUser94483

If anything it seems like commercial breaks on tv are getting longer. Often now it seems like for a 1 hour program on tv the actual program will be about 45 mins long with the other 15mins of that hour being comprised of adverts

I wonder if a world would work where instead of being able to have an unlimited number of villages (as many as someone can noble and hold onto) there could be a cap in the number of villages someone could have and instead there would be no limit to the number of upgrade levels, with each upgrade level being more expensive then the last

been suggested and argued against so much...maybe you should look it up interesting talk.

DeletedUser

Most games that I play have got a similar pattern of declining player numbers, part of it is where you get the players who are able to be online more and know the game well farm and wipe out newer players who then get frustrated and leave a game. Some of them games have rules where a player can't attack anyone who has less then x% of their own score, them games whilst still suffering. from falling player numbers don't loose players so fast as players who have been bit bad have a chance to rebuild.

Time available to play a game is the main culprit, when your playing a console game you can play for however long you've got, save your game and return to it when you next have the time. Games like TW by their very nature, when they log back in, depending on the game they could find that they've been wiped out. Over the last few years with TW if you can't be online many times a day then you need a co-player(s) or you won't have any chance.

DeletedUser

Most games that I play have got a similar pattern of declining player numbers, part of it is where you get the players who are able to be online more and know the game well farm and wipe out newer players who then get frustrated and leave a game. Some of them games have rules where a player can't attack anyone who has less then x% of their own score, them games whilst still suffering. from falling player numbers don't loose players so fast as players who have been bit bad have a chance to rebuild.

Time available to play a game is the main culprit, when your playing a console game you can play for however long you've got, save your game and return to it when you next have the time. Games like TW by their very nature, when they log back in, depending on the game they could find that they've been wiped out. Over the last few years with TW if you can't be online many times a day then you need a co-player(s) or you won't have any chance.

A good player could suffice with 30min a day, logging in twice for 15min and still be above average. Most people just don't know how to handle their available time on Tribalwars.

DeletedUser

A good player could suffice with 30min a day, logging in twice for 15min and still be above average. Most people just don't know how to handle their available time on Tribalwars.

While a true statement, the issue is that new players aren't being given a chance to learn how to manage their time wisely either.

DeletedUser

Here's my take on the original spirit of this topic, as someone who was here from the beginning, left and came back a few times. I do hope the staff takes note.

Tribalwars is ultimately too big for it's own good. It's stiflingly competitive. It's overly time consuming and tedious. Truthfully, the game is only enjoyable in speed rounds. I'd rather spent a few days on something I would lose all my efforts on, rather than months only for it all to be lost in one foul swoop. No one likes months of work to be wiped out because other players are more organized and belong to the larger tribe. The game mechanic of allowing players to be robbed of months of work soo easily is very detrimental to users. You wouldn't like it if you were saving hard earned money in the bank every month for years only to find it was all stolen in one single day for nary a reason. Almost no game on the internet requires a person to invest soo much time into a game where you can lose all of that progress soo easily, because most game developers know that is not enjoyable in the long run and does not encourage people to want to continue playing. Tribalwars is a game where most players come and go -- even experienced ones.

There really are no handicaps given when larger players attack smaller players. And unless you join a world from the very start and don't miss a minute of building time, you're not going to get very far. even joining a world 1 day into it spells certain doom at some point in the future because you're fighting against the tide, everyone else will always have more of everything than you unless they mess up big time. When it comes down to it, tribalwars is a numbers and time based game....and if you don't have as much time in the game as someone else, even if you're both equally experienced, there's no way to match them or defend against them except early in the game.

I think worlds allow too many players in them. The game should allow a maximum of 500-1000 players per world. at just a thousand players, if there were only 100 players left near the end, they'd have 10 villages each on average. This would be a lot easier to manage than 100's of villages.

Most worlds are won by the same groups of people because they're already completely organized and work together from the start, leaving the loners in the dust. Most other tribes are just made up of loners that makeup tribes in order to not be easy targets, but since they aren't 24/7 dedicated, are doomed anyways. Sure, cooperation is good, but when you've got a tribe full of dedicated people who have no real world lives and never miss a beat, the game sucks for everyone else who doesn't have a dozen or more dedicated friends like that. This is why smaller faster worlds would be better for everyone.

The fact that people can cooperate soo extensively is kind of one of the downfalls of the game, individually. You might be a good player individually but unless you're in a tribe with equally good players, you're going to get over run by players with half the experience due to the sheer volume of players in a world. You end up with a small group of players ruining the game for everyone else. Then your own tribe can even back stab you at some point just to add villages to their own accounts. Many tribes only allow players in to cannibalize them later. This also gives them easy access to intel on you, making you a far easier target than other tribes. You literally can't trust anyone in the game unless you know them in the real world. So the mechanics of the game make it so that unless you have several or more trustworthy friends who join from the start of a world and are as dedicated to the time consuming process as you, you're not going to get that far. And for most people, they simply don't have that. The sad thing is that tribalwars is not a game where a single person can rise to the top and claim glory. It's not an 'anything can happen' kind of game, it's a cold calculated game based on time, math, and pre existing circumstances.

Just look at World 65 for example. Latest world, and the top tribe has 4x the amount of village points than the other top 5 tribes. even the top 10 tribes couldn't make a difference if they banded together in extreme cooperation to attack the top 1 tribe.

Then there's the fact that it's soo easy to cheat in this game. Trust me, the majority of 'winners' or powerhouse players in this game do cheat, whether it's illegal scripts or creating dozens of accounts so they can have friendly villages to build troops in or transfer resources. The staff doesn't really catch this behavior all that much, and it runs rampant. So here you have a person with 10x more resources and troops than you from the start when everyone else only has 1 village. They use the extra accounts to elevate one account. So when they're ready to noble, they just swoop in and take several villages and bam, they're automatically ahead of everyone else by a large margin with some decent point sized villages at their disposal on their main account. You can't win or even get far in a time based race when someone has a 10x or more lead ahead of you from the start, it's mathematically impossible.

The overall mechanics of tribalwars dooms it to failure.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Extremely valid points there Iron, especially this...

... whether it's illegal scripts or creating dozens of accounts so they can have friendly villages to build troops in or transfer resources. The staff doesn't really catch this behavior all that much, and it runs rampant. So here you have a person with 10x more resources and troops than you from the start when everyone else only has 1 village. They use the extra accounts to elevate one account. So when they're ready to noble, they just swoop in and take several villages and bam, they're automatically ahead of everyone else by a large margin with some decent point sized villages at their disposal on their main account. You can't win or even get far in a time based race when someone has a 10x or more lead ahead of you from the start, it's mathematically impossible.

Coming recently to W61 and not really having played new worlds since the early 40s, I found the place crawling with those extra accounts you mentioned and gangs of so called co-players who ban themselves or delete only to appear soon later on other pre-started accounts.
Novice players have no chance of getting any success in a game which these days seems to be completely run by 'mafia style gangs'

A humble player

Here's my take on the original spirit of this topic, as someone who was here from the beginning, left and came back a few times. I do hope the staff takes note.

Tribalwars is ultimately too big for it's own good. It's stiflingly competitive. It's overly time consuming and tedious. Truthfully, the game is only enjoyable in speed rounds.
*to you*
I'd rather spent a few days on something I would lose all my efforts on, rather than months only for it all to be lost in one foul swoop. No one likes months of work to be wiped out because other players are more organized and belong to the larger tribe. The game mechanic of allowing players to be robbed of months of work soo easily is very detrimental to users. You wouldn't like it if you were saving hard earned money in the bank every month for years only to find it was all stolen in one single day for nary a reason. Almost no game on the internet requires a person to invest soo much time into a game where you can lose all of that progress soo easily, because most game developers know that is not enjoyable in the long run and does not encourage people to want to continue playing. Tribalwars is a game where most players come and go -- even experienced ones.
nope, none of the other RTS's do that. No rpgs with deleveling do that....nope none.
There really are no handicaps given when larger players attack smaller players. And unless you join a world from the very start and don't miss a minute of building time, you're not going to get very far. even joining a world 1 day into it spells certain doom at some point in the future because you're fighting against the tide, everyone else will always have more of everything than you unless they mess up big time. When it comes down to it, tribalwars is a numbers and time based game....and if you don't have as much time in the game as someone else, even if you're both equally experienced, there's no way to match them or defend against them except early in the game.
That is a lie whether you are a good player or a bad player. Most top tribes at the end of the world started on the rim. They aren't made up of players that started day one.

I think worlds allow too many players in them. The game should allow a maximum of 500-1000 players per world. at just a thousand players, if there were only 100 players left near the end, they'd have 10 villages each on average. This would be a lot easier to manage than 100's of villages.
That costs TW more money.
Most worlds are won by the same groups of people because they're already completely organized and work together from the start, leaving the loners in the dust. Most other tribes are just made up of loners that makeup tribes in order to not be easy targets, but since they aren't 24/7 dedicated, are doomed anyways. Sure, cooperation is good, but when you've got a tribe full of dedicated people who have no real world lives and never miss a beat, the game sucks for everyone else who doesn't have a dozen or more dedicated friends like that. This is why smaller faster worlds would be better for everyone.
*for you*
Pray find me a player that has won more than 2 worlds (I know of like 2 people that have won 2, and one took over an account later on to do it). Or find me a tribe that has won more than one world. You just blatantly lied.

The fact that people can cooperate soo extensively is kind of one of the downfalls of the game, individually. You might be a good player individually but unless you're in a tribe with equally good players, you're going to get over run by players with half the experience due to the sheer volume of players in a world. You end up with a small group of players ruining the game for everyone else. Then your own tribe can even back stab you at some point just to add villages to their own accounts. Many tribes only allow players in to cannibalize them later. This also gives them easy access to intel on you, making you a far easier target than other tribes. You literally can't trust anyone in the game unless you know them in the real world. So the mechanics of the game make it so that unless you have several or more trustworthy friends who join from the start of a world and are as dedicated to the time consuming process as you, you're not going to get that far. And for most people, they simply don't have that. The sad thing is that tribalwars is not a game where a single person can rise to the top and claim glory. It's not an 'anything can happen' kind of game, it's a cold calculated game based on time, math, and pre existing circumstances.
Ever statement made here has been proven incorrect at some point(s) or (an)others.
Just look at World 65 for example. Latest world, and the top tribe has 4x the amount of village points than the other top 5 tribes. even the top 10 tribes couldn't make a difference if they banded together in extreme cooperation to attack the top 1 tribe.
What are you smoking?
Then there's the fact that it's soo easy to cheat in this game. Trust me, the majority of 'winners' or powerhouse players in this game do cheat, whether it's illegal scripts or creating dozens of accounts so they can have friendly villages to build troops in or transfer resources. The staff doesn't really catch this behavior all that much, and it runs rampant. So here you have a person with 10x more resources and troops than you from the start when everyone else only has 1 village. They use the extra accounts to elevate one account. So when they're ready to noble, they just swoop in and take several villages and bam, they're automatically ahead of everyone else by a large margin with some decent point sized villages at their disposal on their main account. You can't win or even get far in a time based race when someone has a 10x or more lead ahead of you from the start, it's mathematically impossible.
Again with the smoking, what is it?
Yes...
:lol:

Then again, since you created this account to make this post, and are probably actually from another game....well what should I have expected?