Tribal Wars, A Dying Game?

DeletedUser

I haven't played Tribal Wars in years. Just came back to have a quick look through in what's changed through the forums and gameplay. But with this issue with Vets vs Newbs and deterring the newbs from gameplay. Why not re-create a W27/W28 (Can't remember which one) and place a whole bunch of members into premade tribes and then after 2 weeks of getting to know each other get everyone of the tribes to elect their tribal leader. So each tribe will have mixtures of newbies and experienced players and then they can coach them to become better players further on.

Just a suggestion, I'm not playing but I will say W27 (Certain it's this world) was by far my most favourite world.

mattcurr

Depends how you define popularity. A lot of players initially joined it, but there was a mass-exodus early on, much moreso than on normal worlds.

Ehh not really I think it was the smallest world ever... Ie the only way to judge that is by how many K's were taken(which is dictated by how many people joined since they all use the same fill rate generally) and I dont think that world had more than 36 k's occupied with a village on them most worlds have 100 or at least 95 k's taken up.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It was more densely populated wasn't it?? That's why it didn't cover as much Continents. Yea I also heard from people they didn't like W27 and just made another account to jump to W28 as they were released in very close proximity to each other.

mattcurr

It was more densely populated wasn't it?? That's why it didn't cover as much Continents.

I am fairly certain it used the standard fill rate. So no. Plus if you look at the ending # of villages you can see as well it is immensely lower.
World 27 had

107,444 villages

world 61 which is only a few months old and has yet to close has more
117,036 villages

DeletedUser

Yea I just checked over that W27 does have a standard fill rate, so I must have confused it with another world.

That number of 107,444, is that including barbarian villages?? Because I saw that number and just generally assumed it was player cities.

Well, despite being known as players least favourite world, is it possible (though I'm guessing unlikely) that a similar setup (classic units, speed 2, none of these new additions) of W27 could make somewhat of an impact for new players and those looking for a change??

DeletedUser3776

So, after the last op of our tribe, when we hardly gathered half of our active players, this came to my mind (and must have come to a lot of peopple before) -
this game, being very interesting, demands shitloads of time; not daily time, I can log in for 10 minutes if no major event is on, but overall time.

With a round (world) running for a few years, without holidays (except christmas) people get bored of constantly keeping an eye over account. Sitters is not always an option, leaving account for a week can be deadly.

So, maybe we shall have a pause in game or something? A week in two month in "holiday" mode, no attacks allowed, or maybe paused at all (though this will some people without anything to do). This gets especially crucial with exam time or summer holiday, but since these are not same worldwide, hard to consider it.

DeletedUser

You'd be hard pressed to find a single week that works for everyone world wide, the solution is really to find people you trust to play with, and sit each other for a week every two months to give the person a break. I used to do that with a number of mates, would carry 2 accounts, two weeks every couple of months, in order to get myself a couple of weeks off during those two months.

While the game can be a burn out, you can strategically get around that.

DeletedUser

Well I think personally with the addition of the Mobile app, it helps us to continue playing as well as maintain our social lives. But as time goes on it does get very involved, then the mobile device becomes redundant in that case. With the time consumed tending to every village is a reason why most people world hopper as they enjoy an early gameplay where it's not too much involved and can be managed with ease.

Though another idea has come to mind, as I did come back from Grepolis which supported the idea of vacation mode. Why not have this set up so that you get 2 lots of 7 day breaks for 6 months (so every 6 months get reset for the 2 lots of 7 day breaks). Essentially, no growth, no support, no attacking, no incoming attacks, no contact for 7 days. It's not an idea to keep people playing but it can put those players into a refreshed mindset and take on the villages again... Just a brain wave I had that's all.

DeletedUser

As AYK stated; you'll be hard pressed to find holidays that work for everybody.

DeletedUser

This game is just plain old tiring, I can't imagine how anyone stays once they get about 25 villages tbh

DeletedUser24210

a solution can be for everyone to choose a total of one month break per year, a certain number of periods, and planned at least one or two weeks before, so you cannot set yourself in vacation mode as you see you're under atack.

DeletedUser

So that means you could be surrounded by players that are on a break whilst you yourself still want to play, effectively crippling your growth? Sounds fantastic.

DeletedUser

This game is just plain old tiring, I can't imagine how anyone stays once they get about 25 villages tbh

Premium, and efficient game play.
Maintenance at the 25 village stage takes about 3 minutes a day, that's the bare minimum you need to play in a perfect world, it's really not that bad. Add in logging in to check for attacks 5-6 times a day, only takes 30 secs to do, and really your playing a game in 10 minutes a day, if your not at war, if you are, the number of nukes / villages you have is minimal so it's more about timing and logging in to send attacks at a certain time, than it is about mass firing attacks off. At that point you control when your attacking someone, and how active they are, so you set your own playing times, and how involved you need to be. The game can take 6 hours a day out of you if you let it, but you really need to learn the game of endurance, if you burn yourself out, you don't want to play past 25 villages, if you want to be in it for the long haul (farming pun ftw!), then you need to learn how to limit yourself to short amounts each day, or else you get burnt out, and bored.

Consider you can launch 1000 attacks in 10 minutes (easily) if your set up right, even as you grow, the game doesn't have to take all that much out of you. Put more time into learning scripts, and save time in playing the game. To be honest, even at 3000 villages, when you add in the AM doing your village builds for you, it was only taking me 15-20 minutes a day to do all the maintenance I wanted, which was re-teching new villages, moving resources around for the AM to do it's job, and que'n troops, storing coins.

The biggest time sink, and quicksand people fall into is in farming, and farming is something you can start to do away with as your village count goes up, depending on the environment around you, and the tribe your in. The 1 - 5 village stage to me takes the most out of you, because you have to check constantly or you run the risk of being nobled off the world, of course that's also what makes it the most exciting, and gives the most rewards because farming means soo much then.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser104171

or you could just build your village to max [building everything up to its maximum levels], I suppose, on that one village you could get upto 15.000 points on that one village

I think TW needs adevertising on TV and stuff

King Sean04

or you could just build your village to max [building everything up to its maximum levels], I suppose, on that one village you could get upto 15.000 points on that one village

I think TW needs adevertising on TV and stuff

1. I've never seen a vill pass 13k in points, so that's a little farfetched
2. Maxing out all your buildings is never a good idea
3. Why would they advertise on the TV. Do you know how much it costs to put a commercial on TV? A lot. Plus they would have to advertise for many different countries to attract people from all parts of the world. Way too costly.

A humble player

1. I've never seen a vill pass 13k in points, so that's a little farfetched
2. Maxing out all your buildings is never a good idea
3. Why would they advertise on the TV. Do you know how much it costs to put a commercial on TV? A lot. Plus they would have to advertise for many different countries to attract people from all parts of the world. Way too costly.

I've seen a village that was a few million points. It had everything level 1 except hiding place.

DeletedUser3776

I must admit that endurance aspect is a part of game, but that's still an issue that is hard to explain to people, most importantly to newbies. Maybe I will raise that topic in our tribe and see what comes out of that.

I also play without premium for most of time, having 60 villages now. Only activate that when defending. I see how adding premium and account manager could make the gameplay extremely effective, but 8 euros a month is too much for me to spend on a game - that's almost as much as I paid for Battlefield, and it requires payment just once (and graphics there is much better, lol).

For now I will seek the solution in co-playing, but that's hardly a way for those who just started this game.

>mil point vil
I guess I saw them on speed rounds or sth, when you get superb villa and need to hold it