Approved script Vault

tcamps

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Some minor updates and comments on messages I've received:

1. I see peoples' comments and want to say you're only sort of being ignored
- I'm putting time into supporting BLM-related projects which I'm prioritizing over requests here. I'm leaving these messages as unread so when I come back I'll be able to easily see what I've missed.

2. I've worked with some members of Cicada on w112 and for the first time we were able to start a private Vault, which they are now using with only a few minor reported issues. This was completed about 1-2 weeks ago. I've kept record of the steps involved and plan to use it as a template for making a proper Vault "installer" script. That will also need to wait until I've finished my other work. Progress has been made, but is now (once again) on pause. For anyone planning to also host their own Vault, we found that an Ubuntu VM with 2 cores and 4GB of memory was sufficient, since it was only being used by their tribe and is not public. That's just an FYI - I don't suggest reserving any VMs until I've finished the install script.

A further note/disclaimer on Cicada vault: Keep in mind that the Cicada vault has the same features as the main public vault; it has no new features and therefore no real advantages on its own. I will note that Cicada does now have the benefit of being able to deeply inspect all of their data since they have direct access to their database. They are able to build more detailed reports/spreadsheets than is possible for public vault users. While this may seem like an unfair advantage, I'm considering this "fair enough" since the value of the data depends on their ability to use it. I don't currently see it as a significant issue. Vault ToS apply to Cicada's private instance as well, and any reports of data misuse (eg masquerading their private vault as the public one, and tricking people into giving data) will lead to punitive action. The public vault is currently only available at v.tylercamp.me.

Last edited:

lodi94

Reaction score
A further note/disclaimer on Cicada vault: Keep in mind that the Cicada vault has the same features as the main public vault; it has no new features and therefore no real advantages on its own. I will note that Cicada does now have the benefit of being able to deeply inspect all of their data since they have direct access to their database. They are able to build more detailed reports/spreadsheets than is possible for public vault users. While this may seem like an unfair advantage, I'm considering this "fair enough" since the value of the data depends on their ability to use it. I don't currently see it as a significant issue. Vault ToS apply to Cicada's private instance as well, and any reports of data misuse (eg masquerading their private vault as the public one, and tricking people into giving data) will lead to punitive action. The public vault is currently only available at v.tylercamp.me.
That's really interesting. Knowing how the db is organized would be possibile to overwrite some data whith data extracted from the tribe interface?

misteralb

Reaction score
Hey Tyler, is there any documentation on how to host the Vault. I own a VPS and have installed there Ubuntu server. Im currently hosting there twtools.ga.

Is there any doc on how to setup the Vault on your own server?

Also thank you for this great tool you have brought into the TribalWars world. I have used in the past another tool like this one so i know the help that tools such as this one can give.

Red.

Last edited:

One Last Shot...

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Reaction score
2. I've worked with some members of Cicada on w112 and for the first time we were able to start a private Vault, which they are now using with only a few minor reported issues. This was completed about 1-2 weeks ago. I've kept record of the steps involved and plan to use it as a template for making a proper Vault "installer" script. That will also need to wait until I've finished my other work. Progress has been made, but is now (once again) on pause. For anyone planning to also host their own Vault, we found that an Ubuntu VM with 2 cores and 4GB of memory was sufficient, since it was only being used by their tribe and is not public. That's just an FYI - I don't suggest reserving any VMs until I've finished the install script.

Can I just say a huge thank you to you on behalf of the Cicada team for the time, effort and energy you put in that led to this happening. We have really appreciated your time and the quality of your work. And, as you said, only very minor issues (some of which we were able to find ways around that didn't require a fix).

tcamps

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
@misteralb Please read my 2nd note on my above comment from Jun 10th

The closest thing to documentation I have is the list of commands I ran for Cicada vault, as well as a bunch of configuration files. I can't share these directly since they likely contain sensitive information, and even if they didn't, there were several periods where I made changes via nano/micro, so there's bound to be some missing info.

I plan to provide these instructions later, but I don't have the time for it right now since testing is a big time sink.

Emperador Salvia

Reaction score
Hi i am from spanish server, this script is amazing. It would be possible add the spanish server to the script? (guerrastribales.es)

Reaction score
Having issues with uploading commands. Its not uploading for most members. Some failed, but some passed with wrong numbers. Thanks.

One Last Shot...

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Reaction score
Having issues with uploading commands. Its not uploading for most members. Some failed, but some passed with wrong numbers. Thanks.
Regarding the 'passed with wrong numbers', this is most likely not an 'issue', but actually what your members are sending.

Nukes only count if they are 20k+ population (ie, full).
Fangs only count if they are a certain setting - which you can control.
Fakes only count if they are under a certain size - so if you are on a fake limit world, you need to be keeping your fakes to a minimum for them to count towards numbers.

:)

Slim.

Reaction score
What are script rules/requirements on spanish servers? Needs to be approved first
Hey, the script has been approved by the spanish team, I sent you a message with detailed evidence. Thanks for your amazing script :)

tcamps

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Been doing some minor fixes, there may still be an outstanding issue with admin spreadsheet reports that I'm looking into.

Vault is currently down for regular maintenance and should be back in a couple of hours