w16 politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Jimmy, SavikTKR didn't say that you couldn't read, he said you all too often say that others cannot read.

And i have to say, that savik's comment is a fantastic analysis of jimmy...because he's absolutely right....

DeletedUser

Jimmy, SavikTKR didn't say that you couldn't read, he said you all too often say that others cannot read.

And i have to say, that savik's comment is a fantastic analysis of jimmy...because he's absolutely right....

I think if you took off those tainted specs you'll find that it's been swings and roundabouts. They accuse me of not being able to read and I counter when they fail, just as I counter when I see you make statements but forget to tell people that you ran away like a scared rabbit from a war and left everyone to die. Don't EVER go forgetting that.

MichielK

IMO, Savik is making a very valid statement not merely aimed at Jimmy, but aimed at many others who have at one point or another inhabited our happy little forum. Jimmy is merely a prominent example, but we've had many others who were worse (and in Jimmy's defense, he's not as bad as he used to be...yet).

Also, consider the source. While there are no doubt people waiting to pounce on the point that Savik leads a tribe that's at war with Ad Inf, keep in mind that he's at least 4-5 continents away from where Jimmy was when he quit, and he rarely posts on the public forums.

This is not a "forumwhore" joining other "forumwhores" in "ganging up" on "rim tribes that are hated for being different" (to use just a few Endeisms). If someone who rarely posts here feels the need to come online and make a post not about his own tribe or his own conflicts, but about common courtesy and the importance of using logic to back up posts, I think we would all be well off to pay attention to his words.

(And not one at a time, please! "I never mentioned welfare" won't fly, and you know it)

And now, back to our regular scheduled programming:

Tryandcatchme said:
I would like to tell you how Ad Inf feels, but really I am not sure.
I had been believing that plight declared kind of on Ad Inf but thought it was only for the villages that were in k29 in there territory.
But I am hearing that some here are saying that declaration was to go byond those villages now? I am not sure what to think to honest with you.

That sounds fair. All speculation about what the declaration meant aside (I was the one who started that), do you personally believe that Ad Inf is safer or less safe now that Plight declared on PnX? I'd be very interested to hear from Ad Inf members about that.

DeletedUser

IMO, Savik is making a very valid statement not merely aimed at Jimmy, but aimed at many others who have at one point or another inhabited our happy little forum. Jimmy is merely a prominent example, but we've had many others who were worse (and in Jimmy's defense, he's not as bad as he used to be...yet).

Also, consider the source. While there are no doubt people waiting to pounce on the point that Savik leads a tribe that's at war with Ad Inf, keep in mind that he's at least 4-5 continents away from where Jimmy was when he quit, and he rarely posts on the public forums.

This is not a "forumwhore" joining other "forumwhores" in "ganging up" on "rim tribes that are hated for being different" (to use just a few Endeisms). If someone who rarely posts here feels the need to come online and make a post not about his own tribe or his own conflicts, but about common courtesy and the importance of using logic to back up posts, I think we would all be well off to pay attention to his words.

(And not one at a time, please! "I never mentioned welfare" won't fly, and you know it)

And now, back to our regular scheduled programming:

That sounds fair. All speculation about what the declaration meant aside (I was the one who started that), do you personally believe that Ad Inf is safer or less safe now that Plight declared on PnX? I'd be very interested to hear from Ad Inf members about that.

Ad inf knew when they made the declaration on bang!? that it would be a thankless task and since Bang!? had spies among Ad inf & Ad A it made the task all the more difficult because co ordinating attacks is nigh impossible when the spies are posting everything back to bang!? The odds were always stacked against us. If plight were to officially declare on Ad inf then chances are it'd would hasten our departure from W16 but I think most would fight on regardless. However, if there's no such declaration then our chances of survival v bang!? would obviously increase since they only have 42 members left. Now would be the perfect time for others in the area to join the fight against the remainder of bang!? but whether they'll realise that or not is a different question entirely.

MichielK

Now would be the perfect time for others in the area to join the fight against the remainder of bang!? but whether they'll realise that or not is a different question entirely.

The "remainder of BANG" is still about as big as Ad Inf, Ad A and PnX combined...and we all know PnX has other issues to deal with as well.

Who'd you have in mind that would be large enough to tip the scales in your favor?

DeletedUser

The "remainder of BANG" is still about as big as Ad Inf, Ad A and PnX combined...and we all know PnX has other issues to deal with as well.

Who'd you have in mind that would be large enough to tip the scales in your favor?

Since he has continuously made appeals to other tribes to "open their eyes", I think he means C².

DeletedUser

The odds were always stacked against us.

We're not the one who put you on that, you guys did that on your own. During the ORC and Bang! war, we at bang! respected our NAP with you guys and I also believe ORC did that as well. Its supposed to be treated like that even after the merger. You guys said before you are allied with ~PnX~ so as an ally you guys declared war on us. During the ORC and BANG! war, Bang! is allied with c2 and ORC is allied with PLIGHT but those tribes didn't join the war.

However, if there's no such declaration then our chances of survival v bang!? would obviously increase since they only have 42 members left. Now would be the perfect time for others in the area to join the fight against the remainder of bang!? but whether they'll realise that or not is a different question entirely.

Actually, those who left were ex ORCS and most of the remaining were the bang! players and some ex ORCS as well. It haven't increased your chances instead vice versa. Now we can all concentrate and you guys and leave ~PNX~ to plight. Its a good thing that you underestimate us, in case that you have forgotten, we are the coyotes and acme and once again we will go out with a BANG!

FYI, they may have left but still they are our comrades and allies so it didn't really affect our fight with you guys. And you judge us with our numbers? because you are many? LOL Be prepared.. the coyotes is coming. The second coming.

DeletedUser

MichielK said:

Well where would it make sense for me spew BS here. Sure I feel we are less safe. I am sure plight is watching Ad inf very close. And the first wrong move I am sure they will swoop down on Ad Inf. As I am sure any tribe in there situation would do.

MichielK

Well where would it make sense for me spew BS here. Sure I feel we are less safe. I am sure plight is watching Ad inf very close. And the first wrong move I am sure they will swoop down on Ad Inf. As I am sure any tribe in there situation would do.

I'd say that's a pretty accurate assessment. The tricky part is that this wrong move could be anything.

Remember that both Plights actions against the northwest portion of Ad Inf and their recent declaration on PnX were at least partly caused by what happened here on the PnP forums. Modding with axes, basically :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Since he has continuously made appeals to other tribes to "open their eyes", I think he means C².
I guess he didn't realize that we've been bigger than Bang!? since the beginning of this war, eh?

DeletedUser

I'd say that's a pretty accurate assessment. The tricky part is that this wrong move could be anything.

Remember that both Plights actions against the northwest portion of Ad Inf and their recent declaration on PnX were at least partly caused by what happened here on the PnP forums. Modding with axes, basically :icon_wink:
I don't know if I would blame any part of this on the forum. Yes we have been arrogant and in some cases mouthy. (ok so a lot) but still in all fairness we were not the only ones. And I would think that everyone in the forums are warriors and should have tougher skin then that. If they don't then what kind of warrior would they be?
As far as a wrong move any move Ad Inf could be the wrong one, just depends on how they see it. But Ad Inf is not going to stop everything and hold thee hands over their butts hoping to not step on toes. We have no problem with plight we did not have one anyway. So we are not gunning for them. But we will continue with the war we started with.
Stupid or not Ad Inf are not going to back out and say please forgive us our Bad. We stepped into this and we will see it to the end regardless what that may be. And regardless what others think of Ad Inf they are loyal and brave and qualities I believe any tribe should have.
So what ever happens with Ad Inf good or bad I am proud of them. They may not be the best fighters in this world and they are far from the worst. But they do there best and they don't question they don't moan and wine they just do. So Ad Inf is my pride.

DeletedUser

Ok I know I've tried going over this with you before Try, but it seems you didn't get it, so I'll give it another go.

It's all about the PnP.

You are saying everyone should have thick skin. Most probably do and aren't offended by anything said here. But some will act like they were to make it seem worse than it really was and cast the poster in a bad light.

Most things done here have a greater meaning behind them (I say most because others just make stuff up willy nilly or just flame everything)

DeletedUser

Ok I know I've tried going over this with you before Try, but it seems you didn't get it, so I'll give it another go.

It's all about the PnP.

You are saying everyone should have thick skin. Most probably do and aren't offended by anything said here. But some will act like they were to make it seem worse than it really was and cast the poster in a bad light.

Most things done here have a greater meaning behind them (I say most because others just make stuff up willy nilly or just flame everything)
Well as you know I am fairly new to the pnp. And you know I am still learning the ropes. So until I can learn to BS you guys, I will speak the truth plain and simple. which I am seeing here in the forum is a new concept. Personally I have always found no honor in lies. To make something up will always come back and bite you in the back end.
Yes I get that the forums are for twisting things and making a tribe or person look bad. And I do get that to do that makes everyone dislike them so there is no one to take there side. I do realize a lot is just made up off the cuff. I also realize they do this to get someone worked up so that they say things they wouldn't or shouldn't.
But I am not good at telling lies, I am not good at twisting things unless I unintentionally do it. So If it's ok with you I would like to just go with the truth and with my honest feelings.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well as you know I am fairly new to the pnp. And you know I am still learning the ropes. So until I can learn to BS you guys, I will speak the truth plain and simple. which I am seeing here in the forum is a new concept. Personally I have always found no honor in lies. To make something up will always come back and bite you in the back end.
Yes I get that the forums are for twisting things and making a tribe or person look bad. And I do get that to do that makes everyone dislike them so thee is no one to take there side. I do realize a lot is just made up off the cuff. I also realize they do this to get someone worked up so that they say things they wouldn't or shouldn't.
But I am not good at telling lies, I am not good at twisting things unless I unintentionally do it. So If it's ok with you I would like to just go with the truth and with my honest feelings.

It is not about telling lies. It is about the nature of the game. Larger players and tribes generally do not fear their local neighborhoods. As a result, they are equal opportunity aggressors. They will likely just attack whomever is nearest or most convenient. Entire wars start this way and end this way.

That said, there are some people whose personalities tend to grate or aggravate others. When these people post on public forums, they make themselves targets for those in superior positions. When these people go a step further and mention that they represent a tribe, they make their entire tribe a target. This is what MichielK is alluding to. How many people actually looked up s33ujimmy before he started posting on the forums? How long did he post before Plight decided they were going to eradicate him?

owainn

Ad inf knew when they made the declaration on bang!? that it would be a thankless task and since Bang!? had spies among Ad inf & Ad A it made the task all the more difficult because co ordinating attacks is nigh impossible when the spies are posting everything back to bang!? The odds were always stacked against us. If plight were to officially declare on Ad inf then chances are it'd would hasten our departure from W16 but I think most would fight on regardless. However, if there's no such declaration then our chances of survival v bang!? would obviously increase since they only have 42 members left. Now would be the perfect time for others in the area to join the fight against the remainder of bang!? but whether they'll realise that or not is a different question entirely.

Been reading this forum to see how things went and I gotta say, you remind me of myself, a long time ago! Seems you're trying to turn people against each other on the public forums, it'll only turn them against yourself. Believe me, went down that route myself, grown up a bit since then thankfully.

Glad to see Plight is still alive, kicking and feared. I remember being in plight when it was just an idea haha, like 5 members tops. I will down this next shot for you guys.

:)

DeletedUser

As Far as this being the fault of the forum, well maybe, but to think that way does reduce any respect I would have. Because if the people who count can't sort out the truth from propaganda and BS then they don't have as much going for them as I would give them credit for.

DeletedUser

As Far as this being the fault of the forum, well maybe, but to think that way does reduce any respect I would have. Because if the people who count can't sort out the truth from propaganda and BS then they don't have as much going for them as I would give them credit for.

It really is not a matter of respect. People who make themselves visible tend to make themselves targets as well. In the absence of overriding criteria, those people tend to get eaten by someone. s33ujimmy did exactly that. If you feel that these people are not worthy of your respect, so be it. But I do not think they necessarily care about your respect. I am sure they did not care about s33ujimmy's. They only cared about his villages...and they took them.

DeletedUser

Hehe, owainn. I wondered where you'd got off to :lol:. It's orel1. Shame we never got to play together, or I would've had a chance to outshine be in your tribe :).

DeletedUser

It is not about telling lies. It is about the nature of the game. Larger players and tribes generally do not fear their local neighborhoods. As a result, they are equal opportunity aggressors. They will likely just attack whomever is nearest or most convenient. Entire wars start this way and end this way.

That said, there are some people whose personalities tend to grate or aggravate others. When these people post on public forums, they make themselves targets for those in superior positions. When these people go a step further and mention that they represent a tribe, they make their entire tribe a target. This is what MichielK is alluding to. How many people actually looked up s33ujimmy before he started posting on the forums? How long did he post before Plight decided they were going to eradicate him?
I will give you part of this, Really all of it because you would take it anyway.
But I came on here for the first time only because of Jimmy. I saw that he was mouthy and insulting, but I also saw that he was not the only one. and I know that when he first started to post he only wanted talk the topic of the war. I know jimmy well, and he is not like that, he is not mouthy he can be fair and he can give a good conversation when there is someone else in the conversation that is willing to talk. I saw where he had gotten frustrated, and by that time it was to late he was fighting back and giving even first. He was banned from the forum a number of times. And every time he came back he was willing to try to follow the rules, he tried to hold back the insults, but really was hard for him to do this as very few if anyone would give him the chance to really talk. What you see here on the forums is not jimmy's true personality. Truth be known you all would be in for a really big surprise if you were to be on his side. And I can tell you when all is said and done most of you would be happy to have him on your side. If you were to give him the chance.
Maybe I stick up for him and shouldn't here because it can draw new fire towards him. But I do it because I know him on and off the battlefield and I know that he has my back and there is no one that I would depend on for that like I do him. And any one who gives him a chance anyone who has fought beside him would tell you the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.