W18 Map Thread

Zhais

The machine that's been doing the maps is now offline - I'll see how I go with my home machine - updates may become irregular.

How do you make auto updating maps? I would love to learn how to program that.

Totally need to PM this to me too unless you are playing on w30 >.> Gotten too used to your maps to want to see anyone elses :x

PM'd you asking about it, thought you had quit for some reason after looking at your post history. Guess you hadn't!

DeletedUser

Totally need to PM this to me too unless you are playing on w30 >.> Gotten too used to your maps to want to see anyone elses :x

PM'd you asking about it, thought you had quit for some reason after looking at your post history. Guess you hadn't!

I can't really just pass over mapmaking or tell someone how to do it - either they already know how or they don't :) Learning how to will take quite a bit of time I suspect (hence why there only seems to be 3 people on all of .net that does it).

I did quit, but still lurking occasionally :)

DeletedUser

The concept seems rather simple. You feed data to the TW stats map, download the map, apply various filters, then out pops something like this:

blahblahblahcopygh8.jpg

Although probably a lot more organized and pretty.

The hard part, I imagine, is scripting the whole thing.

Zhais

comp sci major here so learning that stuff comes pretty fast >.>

started looking into GIMP scripts to see if that's where I want to go, then need to look at twstats api.

well, not api I guess... but how to get the image in script. Doesn't seem to be a usable interface via code :(

Last edited:

DeletedUser

comp sci major here so learning that stuff comes pretty fast >.>

started looking into GIMP scripts to see if that's where I want to go, then need to look at twstats api.

well, not api I guess... but how to get the image in script. Doesn't seem to be a usable interface via code :(

One clue then - get the data directly and process that instead of using twstats.

Zhais

lazy!

that and I'll be able to dig at that stuff this weekend or after finals :mad:

DeletedUser

Could I please request a map of the top 20 tribes + their families? Thanks.

DeletedUser53573

Tancs, I think that'd be too many colors, unless its one color per family. *Looks at UA* :p
Lets keep away from UA bashing though

Also, would you mind making an agression and turtled map for players?

Obviously a minimum points would be required.

DeletedUser

I think you can generate around 20 colours on TW Stats but you could always change them using photoshop or another image editing tool.

Example: DS Family dark blue, TWA Family red, etc.

DeletedUser53573

That would probably work best. I doubt there are 20 major families left, or even 10:p

DeletedUser

I suppose tancs and swordnuke failed to notice the page and half of requests before them... :icon_rolleyes:

And the fact that bnaujok posted saying he has run into computer trouble:

The machine that's been doing the maps is now offline - I'll see how I go with my home machine - updates may become irregular.

(notice at at time of this post we have dec 14th map data and it has certainly passed 12:00 for the map to update)

And swordnuke -- No you don't run out of colours...
Do you see the continent dominance map?
I see 30 different colours... more than enough to include any family you can dream of.

edit:
MRMACMAN SMASH, ARGHGHGHGHG.
:rips up floor:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser53573

I suppose tancs and swordnuke failed to notice the page and half of requests before them... :icon_rolleyes:

And the fact that bnaujok posted saying he has run into computer trouble:

(notice at at time of this post we have dec 14th map data and it has certainly passed 12:00 for the map to update)

And swordnuke -- No you don't run out of colours...
Do you see the continent dominance map?
I see 30 different colours... more than enough to include any family you can dream of.

I noticed the requests, thanks. I was simply responding to tancs.

And you do run out of distinguishable colors. Some mappers don't even go past top 15. Once you go into blue-green and red-orange and dark yellow ect, it becomes useless.

k dominance works because most aren't really overlapping.

And no need to flame and be an ass hole.

DeletedUser

I noticed the requests, thanks. I was simply responding to tancs.

And you do run out of distinguishable colors. Some mappers don't even go past top 15. Once you go into blue-green and red-orange and dark yellow ect, it becomes useless.

k dominance works because most aren't really overlapping.

And no need to flame and be an ass hole.

I've seen some maps that have had their colours edited by photoshop, allowing 30 colours + for tribes and their families.

Ndshacker

That takes longer, because you make separate maps and apply filters to one so the colors change. Then you overlap them.

DeletedUser

He said they will become irregular so even if they come ever week, its still useful.

bomberace101

Like he said the machine is down so it stops auto updating, from now on until it is fixed these will probably be updated irregularly.