• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Okay I'm sorry little Timmy. Wanna go out for jelly and ice-cream to make up? We can go out to the park too and feed the little duckies!

I guess I'll just call this point in case.

DeletedUser13939

What does this have to do with swearing? I'm talking about an unclear rule set. What you're saying is that I should pretend that I'm talking to a 5 year old child when I'm talking in a room full of adults and near adults? What are you, Amish?

No need to pretend when the chances of you speaking to a child on here is actually pretty high. And I used swearing as an example as you mentioned silly insults. You have to remember, we aren't a bunch of grown, civilized men in the same room. We are a diverse communitity with ages ranging from ten and below to at least the 60s. Thus, the rules tend to be more...broad. They have to be. But if you just use COMMON SENSE, you will be JUST fine.

And if all else fails, contact a moderator and go, "Can I do/say this?"

Micheal Cornoil You are a spaz and an attentionwhore.

And DK Sumner already said what I was about to say.. We are late generation X and our view sense of humor and the common sense to understand the humor is superior than your Dawrven kinds. It's hard to follow rules when those rules are outdated and doesnt carry enough merit for us to care. And if we do compromise cause of the like you we wont have any fun therefor this external won't be any fun and eventually die out.

Here is where I could point out your spelling mistakes and such in response to your obvioust attempt at insulting me (why you're trying to is beyond me) and in turn insult you back. But, I won't. Why? Because it's common sense that doing so would break some rules, thus resulting in me getting an infraction. See? I used common sense to avoid getting in trouble while at the same time still making a post that furthers the current conversation. :)

Also, Dwarfs are the surperior race. Anyone who says otherwise is just jealous of our engineering and ale drinking skills.

DeletedUser

I guess I'll just call this point in case.

Did the point fly right over little Johnny's head? Aww it's okay you'll get it when you're a big boy and all grown up!

No need to pretend when the chances of you speaking to a child on here is actually pretty high. And I used swearing as an example as you mentioned silly insults. You have to remember, we aren't a bunch of grown, civilized men in the same room. We are a diverse communitity with ages ranging from ten and below to at least the 60s. Thus, the rules tend to be more...broad. They have to be. But if you just use COMMON SENSE, you will be JUST fine.

What you are failing to understand time and time again is that I am frustrated that the line of what I cannot do and cannot say moves. So I say something somewhere and I get a pass, then I say it somewhere else and bam I've got a warning or an infraction. Which is apparently an invitation to receive more.

Don't even get me started on wandering mods who have a different rule set than the actual moderator on the forum has given. Making it an even bigger grey mess of crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Perhaps one of the higher people of TW can answer; other than the recent 'condensing' of rules when was the last time the rules on the forum underwent a major overhaul?

DeletedUser13939

Did the point fly right over little Johnny's head? Aww it's okay you'll get it when you're a big boy and all grown up!

And this right here proves that not only do we have players of younger ages, but players with the mentality of a younger aged player. It also further proves my point that some of you just don't wanna follow the rules. That's why you get harsher punishments when you continue to break the rules.

Perhaps one of the higher people of TW can answer; other than the recent 'condensing' of rules when was the last time the rules on the forum underwent a major overhaul?

I'm not sure of the time, but I'm postive the rules have gone through a "major overhaul" at least once in the seven years I've been here.

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score

Major overhauls isn't something we do often. Exactly when the last one was I can't really say. Mostly, we haven't actually done much with the actual rules, but rather the way they're implemented. That's a constant work in progress.

DeletedUser

And this right here proves that not only do we have players of younger ages, but players with the mentality of a younger aged player. It also further proves my point that some of you just don't wanna follow the rules. That's why you get harsher punishments when you continue to break the rules.

Good lord, you are such an ignorant savage I'm having trouble deciding whether you're a figment of my imagination or not.

DeletedUser95593

[video=youtube;RybNI0KB1bg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybNI0KB1bg[/video]

DeletedUser93066

DK I heart you man! I'd never try to insult you.. Pick on you yes but insult NEVER. And you can pick on my spelling all you want but fact is English is my third language and to me I am doing quiet fine and always trying to learn more and get better at it. And I hope The rules in this game should do the same. Adopt with time and generation.. We wouldn't have this debate if we did.

DeletedUser

And if all else fails, contact a moderator and go, "Can I do/say this?"

Or, if you're trying to make a joke - use emoticons! Seriously! They were created to make the emotions behind the post more clear! Deadpan jokes work IRL because you can see the person's face. You can't do a deadpan joke on the internet without risking offending someone, unless you use emoticons.

DeletedUser95593

Or, if you're trying to make a joke - use emoticons! Seriously! They were created to make the emotions behind the post more clear! Deadpan jokes work IRL because you can see the person's face. You can't do a deadpan joke on the internet without risking offending someone, unless you use emoticons.

Oi twatface, is this alright? :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Putting a yellow laughing face next to a deadpan joke would be a travesty.

DeletedUser13939

Good lord, you are such an ignorant savage I'm having trouble deciding whether you're a figment of my imagination or not.

Really? That's your response? I'm trying to help you so you can avoid getting in trouble, even showed you how easy it is to do. But, it's obvious you don't actually care about following the rules. You simply want them changed to where they fit YOUR needs. Unfortunately, that won't be done as the rules are designed to help the community as a whole, which they do a really good job of.

Now, if you truly wish to avoid receiving anymore infractions, I encourage you to go back and re-read my posts. Read them, understand them, and learn how to walk through this forum infraction free like I do. Until then, you will just continue to receive infractions. Most of which you will probably claim to be unjustified in your eyes, when in all reality you clearly broke a rule.

This conversation has hit the point where it's now reduntant and is accomplishing nothing. At this rate, infractions will quickly add up into a ban. Maybe at that point some of you will start to see just how easy it is to follow the rules. Then perhaps you'll stop racking up those pesky punishments.

DeletedUser

Putting a yellow laughing face next to a deadpan joke would be a travesty.

It doesn't have to be a laughing face. Hell, you could even put in wheat-colored text "I'm sorry, I don't mean it".

EDIT: And in general, if you keep making inappropriate or insulting jokes like you do, and you fail to clear the ambiguity inherent in internet jokes, you will probably end up banned. And I'm sure you will come whining to me about how it's my fault. And just remember - it wouldn't have been that hard to change.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser95593

It doesn't have to be a laughing face. Hell, you could even put in wheat-colored text "I'm sorry, I don't mean it".

You're digging yourself a hole now...

Essentially what you're saying is I can ignore the rules altogether, as long as there is a funny emoticon at the end of it.

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I don't even know what part of the rules/infractions people are arguing about anymore...

DeletedUser

And that's why most people have an incredibly long leash with infractions. As I pointed out earlier - you have to get 30 infractions all time, or 4 in 10-14 days, to get yourself banned.

And when we say things like, you're responsible for how your message is interpreted - that is generally aimed at people with no common sense about what is an appropriate thing to say. Like the people who say they didn't mean to be offensive, when they have just called the person a retard. In my opinion, there's not really much that can be done about this sort of thing. I don't always know what people are trying to say. My only clues are what you have actually said, and how other people have responded to it.

Oh wait 30 all-time including from start of the account? Well I better not get that 30th one then..

Status
Not open for further replies.