w77 moderator

• Thread starter DeletedUser93066
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

To clarify, I've never been modded by DaWolf before and I'm sure he's a fine mod, but it does pay to fish out in advance the nuances that mods tend to come up with on the spot.

New question; if we foolishly decide not to double-check our posts for TW-policy-compliance and somehow a bad word slipped in, will you edit the post to remove the bad word (+infract/or not) or will you delete the entire post? I've had both instances happen in the past and for obvious reasons greatly prefer the former.

The one that doesn't find it appropriate to say things like curse words around children. Which is...most societies. Again, it all boils down to common sense. If the high school thing doesn't work, then ask yourself this. Would you say it in front of your five year old child?
If we're to base our language on five year olds, anything above single syllable words is out too, I should think.

tman93

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
So... Talk like you would to a five year old huh? Can I get infracted for calling someone a poopy-face?

DeletedUser

If we're to base our language on five year olds, anything above single syllable words is out too, I should think.

That is hardly the point we're not basing the language on 5 year olds though. Using profanities in front of children isn't good in my opinion. But on these forums most of the time there is no need to 'swear'. I've used words and been infracted for it many times but honestly there is no necessity to swear in conversations/debates/arguments and they can all continue without using one and it looks better if I'm honest.

I might not be completely off-topic here but I've skimmed through, so yeah I just don't find the reason behind wanting the right to swear when most of the time it's not really needed.

DeletedUser

I agree with you, it's just a matter of where to draw the line. I would try not to say 'damn' in front of a 5 year old, but a 12 year old would be fine with that. I don't mind not-swearing, but the reality is that words slip out even in real life. :)

DeletedUser

I agree with you, it's just a matter of where to draw the line. I would try not to say 'damn' in front of a 5 year old, but a 12 year old would be fine with that. I don't mind not-swearing, but the reality is that words slip out even in real life. :)

Then again, it's also relative where you come from. When I was in the U.S. last year and I said damn, people sorta looked at me wierd, then mate told me how it's just as bad as cursing and saying swear words.

Whereas here in Australia, if you said 'damn!', that's just like saying 'this sucks', not really anything bad. Then again, a lot of people swear at each other and call each other swear words(that I can not even abbreviate or I too will get an infraction :p) and it's sort of a form of a compliment. But im sure you get the point. Culture plays a big role too.

beebetter

I never had an infraction? how do you get them ? Do tell. Pretty Please. and can you buy PP to remove them?

DeletedUser

Guess its "Bash on DaWolf" day.. :p
Directly starting a mob against him might not help lessen the infractions imo... :?

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I don't mind not-swearing, but the reality is that words slip out even in real life. :)

In person, sure language slips out before you can hold it off. And whilst it's no excuse when it gets you in hot water, it is very different to when you have complete control of what you are doing.

By typing, you are actively choosing each word that you choose to put in your posts. And you have the ability to read through it and check before posting (which is something I always try to do as I'm prone to doing rather embarrassing typo's if not).

In short? Tourettes isn't a typing thing, and so it's a deliberate choice by us users :icon_razz:

DeletedUser104264

I don't care who mods - i have never gotten an infraction lol

Status
Not open for further replies.