Warnings, Infractions, Bans oh my!

rich26ca

I can think of several people for most examples, and I've only been around for just over a month. I imagine lim would have a ton more, both since he had to deal with w8, and since he's been around a lot longer than me.

ah world 8, that was fun.... not...

DeletedUser

can i make another account in another world if i already have an existing account? please help

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
can i make another account in another world if i already have an existing account? please help

What do you mean by existing account?

The rules state that you are not allowed to know the passwords for two living accounts on the same world. If you have quit and gifted your account, as long as the password of it has been changed, you are allowed to join the world again under another account name.

DeletedUser

a problem with a moderator

Who can a player go to if he is having a problem with a moderator ? One who has, or is handing out a punishment that the player totally disagrees with.

Basically there is no sense is keep talking to a moderator who has the fact wrong, and might be to the point of in game harassment.

Is there such a person or moderator that a player can talk to without calling InnoGames GmbH in Hamburg, Germany ?

DeletedUser

if the mod in question is a forum mod, talk to an elder mod. if he or she is an elder, talk to the admin, jirki, and if your problem is with the admin, talk to the CM, morthy.

DeletedUser

Problems

Does that include someone who has the following title for the game.

Senior Ingame Staff / Speed Admin

Who could I talk to concerning someone with the above title.

How do I get a message to the person I need to. Its not like you all have email addresses listed that we can just mail when needed.

DeletedUser

Just wondering, if a player already has an alias and their main is banned, is there any consequence for using the already made alias?

DeletedUser

If a player posts on an account when another of their accounts is currently banned, it amounts to ban evading, and will be punished, usually with a ban extension

DeletedUser

If a player posts on an account when another of their accounts is currently banned, it amounts to ban evading, and will be punished, usually with a ban extension

Even if a main is banned, but a second account which was made before the ban was sentenced, and not in any way related to the first account, posts?
I'm not sure if I agree with this. If the player uses both accounts, one is banned, but uses the second account to post something about his alliance or something along those lines, in no way, shape or form related to anything the first account has done or said, and then it is later found out that this player is both accounts, the ban would still be extended?
I think that this rule could use some more specification for accounts already made.

DeletedUser

The forums are moderated on the basis of users, not accounts. If a user has got themselves banned on one account, then the repercussions carry for all posting, not just that of one of their accounts. Otherwise users could rack up 12 active infractions over 5 accounts and not be banned. Regardless of whether the account is used to post something unrelated to the banned account, it would still be horrible abused if we were to allow it.

DeletedUser

^ this.

If infractions were per account, I could have reverted to my 'The Smurfder' account whenever I want in order to avoid being banned.

When one of your accounts are banned, imagine that all your other alternate forum accounts are banned as well. Yes, every single one you own.

DeletedUser

What I'm saying is, and this is all hypothetical, that the person wasn't using the second account to avoid the ban, but they were going about their business on the second account, and not meddling with the affairs of the first account. As if the player used both actively, on different worlds, being forum banned on one stops him from refuting public attacks on his alliance for the second?
I understand why the rule is there, I just feel that a player who actively uses both accounts, neither of which interact or are publicly known to be operated by the same player, should be able to continue to use the second account as long as he does not use it to simply evade the ban and do what he would do on the primary account.
Although, that would require very close moderation, and a lot of effort to be maintained, so the rule as it is is a much more manageable way of doing this.

DeletedUser

It's more that if we did that, people would take that as an excuse to be as rule-indifferent as they pleased on one account, while following the rules on an account where it mattered to them if they weren't able to retaliate to claims. I can understand your reasoning, but don't agree :p We moderate from the point of view that no matter what account you post under, you are the same person, and you are responsible for any and all your actions. If you get banned, you are banned, you're not just banned on one account.

DeletedUser

I've been in the same situation, maybe you could just not post for a while, or avoid getting banned? I've learnt its not that hard to avoid getting banned.

Also, you may end up with people using it as an excuse to post in other words on the banned account's behalf now and then saying 'I was just passing by' etc. and the like.

Alternatively, you could just ensure you associate all your accounts with you and you alone.

DeletedUser61672

if the mod in question is a forum mod, talk to an elder mod. if he or she is an elder, talk to the admin, jirki, and if your problem is with the admin, talk to the CM, morthy.

What if your problem is with Morthy? Yes I am serious.

DeletedUser

I personally would get a 2nd opinion from Jirki if it is forum based.

You can always talk it over with Morthy first though.

DeletedUser18543

but what if my problem is with jirki and morthy? do I make a community arrest or wha?