Wars of W29: Past and Present

DeletedUser79621

i don't want to, i'm on a couple of worlds so i just stick with Kristofski.

Jobetopia

I'm sorry yonithan, but as a neutral poster who lurks on these forums without playing the world, it seems that regardless of what compliments DSL give, certain GRIND players just want to over-dramatise the situation and create potential problem out of nothing.

In this thread, multiple DSL posters have commented that the involvement of GRIND helped them;

And that is all just within the last two pages. Then, compared to the public gratitude given by DSL, we see yonithan and KingMyster either insulting, stirring up trouble or at least trying to stir up trouble. KingMyster openly proclaimed he would attack DSL if he wanted. We then see you, yonithan, insulting DSL's progress in wars making a statement they can't fight on their own.

Again, this is from a neutral perspective. Heck, I'm sure some would argue I dislike DSL (or used to, it has changed quite drastically with its ideals nothing like the old DSL). However, even I can see that you simply dont want to accept the gratitude, and then when an argument arises, proclaim that there was never any gratitude in the first place.

Meh, just my two cents worth anyway..

Ciao! <3

*Goes back to lurking*

Its all a matter of perspective I think - like ISE I am a lurker now, and I agree with him, in this thread DSL have said several times now - Thank you - I also agree slightly with the DSL statement that they are "Not the same tribe they were" - They aren't - Thanks to players like Kris they have gone from having one of the most unlikable, arrogant attitudes on the public forum to being almost pleasant :)

Alot of that is historical, alot of that is the fact that DSL recognised the NEED to change its ways, and alot of it is what has happened to them since TLA declared.

I could be wrong here, but I think most unbiased DSL players know and recognise how and why they got the reputation they had, they were arrogant, they did try to manipulate the world for there own gain (with some success at first) and they were one of the most untrustworthy tribes on the server when it came to double crosses and underhand tactics. That’s what turned most of the world against them in the first place, and I think at various stages the DSL leadership have recognised the need to change. For example, shortly after the absolute PNP debacle where Graylin and Nev tried to turn the world against TDP with there "Revelations", and kick off a TLA/TDP war [and boy did that one backfire spectaculy] there was a period where DSL members (apart from leadership and more moderate members were not allowed to post at all) in a bid to ease tensions.

I think it continued on from there, with several of the more vocal players leaving and quieting down and the DSL leadership making a continued effort to improve there tribes image - its been a slow progression, but under the leadership of Shards and Bandit DSL probably became the most respected its been for a long time. Certainly I don’t think an alliance would have been formed with Grind if they had not been at the helm at the time.

Not sure who the current DSL leader/s is but they continue to do the job of reinventing the DSL brand well, I think that the influx of new players and the changing political face of the world has helped this prospect, with the battle lines drawn between 4 Tribes there is not much point in carrying on the manipulation games and attempts, and I think TLA knocked a lot of the wind out of those sails when they made there declaration and backed it up with firm and impressive war stats.

So yes – DSL have changed. Even I (who still doesn’t like DSL much) will admit that.

That being said, in Yoni’s defence – A lot of people felt that the Alliance with DSL was a rescue mission, and while in this thread DSL have said thank you, certainly at the time it all happened, DSL did not appear that grateful for the help they received. Especially as at the time many people considered that Grind had saved DSL from defeat – and there did not seem to be much recognition of that fact apart from by non DSL players. Certainly if Grind had gone in on the other side I don’t think DSL would exist anymore (speaking as the ex member of a Tribe that was royally gangbanged it’s pretty much impossible to stand up to that level of pressure).

For a brief time Grind was the Kingmaker of World 29 – with TLA, NSA and DSL engaged with one another, Grinds decision to come in on one side or the other did have the power to change the face of this world – either to save DSL or to destroy them - and I think thats Yoni's point.

Unsurprisingly, I voted to destroy :p – And argued with all my might that Grind should move against DSL and not engage NSA – Sadly my arguments were not good enough – so the Grind Emperor’s, the almost universally respected (for good reason) Mr Docke and Mr Token raised there thumbs and opted for the rescue mission.

Funny how it all works out, in many ways I now owe DSL a thank you – if we had declared on them I would probably still be playing this game with glee, but I could never really stomach being allied to DSL and having to war against good friends on the other side of the divide to aid them, so it helped motivate me to make the break back into real life! I do miss Grind however, and its always good to check in and see the guys are still going strong :)

[Although there has not been enough Frog V Cubs action recently, you guys are slipping! You arent mellowing towards each other in your old age or something are you?]

Internal Server Error

Great post! :icon_razz:

Been a long time, on any world in fact, bar a couple of occasions, where a long post just didn't bore me.

One point I'd like to comment on, again, as an outsider.. Due to the fact I'm a lurker, I could be wrong. But I just used two bits of your own post to draw some thoughts..

they were arrogant, they did try to manipulate the world for there own gain

certainly at the time it all happened, DSL did not appear that grateful for the help they received.

Both are in the past. Since I wasn't around, I'm not aware of the time-frame we're speaking. But isn't it likely that they didn't appear grateful simply due to their arrogance and pride? It's hard to change your whole character, and to go from being the "big bad ass" to graciously offering your gratitude is a big step, and it probably took a long while for this to occur.

Thats just my take. They probably didn't say anything at first down to their pride. But, as you admitted, as time went on their pride and arrogance dissipated and so they were able to vocalise their appreciation and gratitude more freely and easily.

Again, just a lurker's perspective.

Adios! <3

DeletedUser

Ahhh Kristofski, I am looking at your sig pictures and I can tell you might be just a teeny bit rebellious.. even a little dangerous... mmmm....?

DeletedUser79621

Its all a matter of perspective I think - like ISE I am a lurker now, and I agree with him, in this thread DSL have said several times now - Thank you - I also agree slightly with the DSL statement that they are "Not the same tribe they were" - They aren't - Thanks to players like Kris they have gone from having one of the most unlikable, arrogant attitudes on the public forum to being almost pleasant :)

Thanks Jobe, i wasn't on the forums before i joined =DoD= so i don't really know how bad DSL was, as i didn't fancy reading through 42 pages of forum :)

i'm glad someone has noticed i've made DSL "almost pleasant" =] even though i haven't actually been trying, just been posting my opinions.

Great post! :icon_razz:

Been a long time, on any world in fact, bar a couple of occasions, where a long post just didn't bore me.

One point I'd like to comment on, again, as an outsider.. Due to the fact I'm a lurker, I could be wrong. But I just used two bits of your own post to draw some thoughts..

Both are in the past. Since I wasn't around, I'm not aware of the time-frame we're speaking. But isn't it likely that they didn't appear grateful simply due to their arrogance and pride? It's hard to change your whole character, and to go from being the "big bad ass" to graciously offering your gratitude is a big step, and it probably took a long while for this to occur.

Thats just my take. They probably didn't say anything at first down to their pride. But, as you admitted, as time went on their pride and arrogance dissipated and so they were able to vocalise their appreciation and gratitude more freely and easily.

Again, just a lurker's perspective.

Adios! <3

I think we would all agree with you about DSL at the time not being grateful as they were arrogant. some members might not of been, but the ones that actually voiced opinions most likely were... although now i think about it, i was in DSL when GRIND! declared on NSA.

Ahhh Kristofski, I am looking at your sig pictures and I can tell you might be just a teeny bit rebellious.. even a little dangerous... mmmm....?

you scare me

anyway back to the original topic, anymore wars that got thought of?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jobetopia

Cubs V Frog -- Ceasefire :icon_razz:

Nooooo! How did this happen????? Don't tell me some interefering busybody stepped in and made you guys sign a truce! What sort of a world do we live in where Bear Cubs and rabid ninja Amphibians cant tear strips off each other across a variety of different forums for others entertainment!

The world just got a little sadder :(

DeletedUser

Cubs V Frog -- Ceasefire :icon_razz:

Nooooo! How did this happen????? Don't tell me some interefering busybody stepped in and made you guys sign a truce! What sort of a world do we live in where Bear Cubs and rabid ninja Amphibians cant tear strips off each other across a variety of different forums for others entertainment!

The world just got a little sadder :(

Sure... a ceasefire :lol:

@ Jobe-- we've simply moved our war to skype. A taste for you :)

[spoil] [2/17/2010 5:20:05 PM] kjwolf: frog might wet himself
[2/17/2010 5:20:22 PM] Cubsgp29: lol
[2/17/2010 5:20:31 PM] Cubsgp29: he normally only does that while he is asleep[/spoil]

DeletedUser71270

Jobe and ISE, I have to disagree to some extent. Madlax and I left NME because we were confronted by the council and basically told they didn't think we had what it took to lead a tribe in a war against a tribe like TLA. So we left so they could carry the war in the way they saw fit.

Nev and Eniar came to us asking if we would join DSL. We agreed as long as it wasn't in a leadership capacity. So we joined. Then TLA declared and they left. We both volunteered to help out the new leadership where we could, and did so. It was a new beginning for DSL. The arrogance had left the tribe. But the flaming continued.

I'll be the first to admit I'm the worst at this game. I really do not see how that can be called arrogance. Docke and I talked and it was he that said he had to pick a side, but couldn't stomach picking a side that he thought was arrogant. So he chose DSL's side.

It's funny, that most of those old NME council members that said Madlax and I couldn't stand up to a tribe such as TLA are no longer here, yet here we stand, stronger than ever. DSL have two great dukes in Forsaken and Dallock. They have the best members I've had the pleasure of working with. With the exception of the Yoni/Graylin stuff, I don't really see this tribe as arrogant in any way.

And yes, if Docke hadn't chosen our side, things would have been alot different, and we greatly appreciate that.

Last edited by a moderator:

whall0625

Jobe and ISE, I have to disagree to some extent. Madlax and I left NME because we were confronted by the council and basically told they didn't think we had what it took to lead a tribe in a war against a tribe like TLA. So we left so they could carry the war in the way they saw fit.

Nev and Eniar came to us asking if we would join DSL. We agreed as long as it wasn't in a leadership capacity. So we joined. Then TLA declared and they left. We both volunteered to help out the new leadership where we could, and did so. It was a new beginning for DSL. The arrogance had left the tribe. But the flaming continued.

I'll be the first to admit I'm the worst at this game. I really do not see how that can be called arrogance. Docke and I talked and it was he that said he had to pick a side, but couldn't stomach picking a side that he thought was arrogant. So he chose DSL's side.

It's funny, that most of those old NME council members that said Madlax and I couldn't stand up to a tribe such as TLA are no longer here, yet here we stand, stronger than ever. DSL have two great dukes in Forsaken and Dallock. They have the best members I've had the pleasure of working with. With the exception of the Yoni/Graylin stuff, I don't really see this tribe as arrogant in any way.

And yes, if Docke hadn't chosen our side, things would have been alot different, and we greatly appreciate that.

Different? How so? i know none of us are psychics......well maybe some of us are....but anyways id love to hear some speculation on this. :)

DeletedUser79621

Different? How so? i know none of us are psychics......well maybe some of us are....but anyways id love to hear some speculation on this. :)

it's not exactly difficult to see what would have happened. if GRIND! had chosen to side against DSL then at the time we would have been being attacked on all sides... it would have been extremely difficult to defend from that and therefore we would be in a much worse situation than we are now.

is that what you wanted whall?

whall0625

it's not exactly difficult to see what would have happened. if GRIND! had chosen to side against DSL then at the time we would have been being attacked on all sides... it would have been extremely difficult to defend from that and therefore we would be in a much worse situation than we are now.

is that what you wanted whall?

Thats a great speculation Kris...and id love to hear all opinions on the situation

DeletedUser

Not posting here to offend anyone, so if this offends you -- chill out, its shouldn't.

But honestly, look at the time this happened. Do you at DSL honestly think that if Grind! joined against DSL when it decided to go at NSA that DSL could work it out fine? I mean you were going through a massive internal issue, were losing ground against TLA and most likely had a very low defended border against Grind!, this is just me but I doubt any tribe would be able to survive that here on W29 (look at Fusion when KGR pushed against them). We did save you guys, but you've held your own -- you've done a good job recooping and halting // pushing back the TLA push (inactive or no).

DeletedUser71270

bsdpatriot2, timing is everything. DSL at the time had just lost their two dukes and left the tribe in the hands of Forsaken, one of the barons. If Grind would have sided with TLA, there's no doubt in my mind DSL would not be here today.

Not to say Forsaken couldn't have turned it around, but that's alot to ask of any one person to spend that much time on a game. It would have taken a massive effort from him. Noone can ask that of any one person. It takes a tribe to run a tribe.

DeletedUser

I don't believe anyone in DSL ever argued against the notion GRIND joining the other side at the time would result in demise;

I believe DSL has simply argued that if GRIND stayed out of it, there's no guaruntee NSA and TLA would've broken us, therefore the declaration of 'saving' seems a bit ill fitting, because there was no certainty we were dead.

People can say the forecast was bad but heck, my local weatherman forecast 2 feet of snow and we had sunshine and unicorns the next day. Forecasts are just that, projections, not what definitively happens :)