What are LSHRV doing?

DeletedUser

Unfortunately, I'm not as good at "staying neutral" as MK. Instead, I'll try to make this a lesson for Ende on why so many people dislike your posts. Those of you who disliked English class in highschool and are not Ende may wish to skip this post.

Rhetorical Triangle
Imagine a triangle with a circle drawn around it. The three points are the purpose, rhetor (writer), and the audience. The circle is context.

Purpose - Your main point for writing on this subject. All of your information should work towards proving this point. Just because you know your own purpose doesn't mean everyone else does. So when you are writing Ende, you often make posts that seem to backtrack, saying "I was talking about..." "What I meant to say was..." etc. Make everything crystal clear so that there are no questions.

Rhetor - You, the person writing or speaking. This involves your persona and how you are going to talk to your audience. Are you going to take sides or remain neutral. Are you going to talk about your own thoughts or talk about what's really going on. Again, make this obvious.

Audience - Us, the forum readers. Remember that everything you post is read by us. Thus, you don't want to post anything that is openly insulting, or that can even be misconstrued as insulting. Remember that anything you post can have a positive or negative response. Unless the negative response serves your purpose (read something like "Why I Want a Wife" for an example), you should always aim for the positive response, which means being informative without insulting people or messing with the facts.

Context - You should be able to back up anything you say with facts, or the statement must be reasonable. Saying LSHRV is going to disband after losing a couple hundred villages from their 11k+ total is an example of a statement made with no fact and is not reasonable.

Rhetorical Web
This is more of an analysis of writing, made up of rhetorical situation, appeals, structure, and style.

Rhetorical Situation - This is mostly like the rhetorical triangle, especially with exigence, your reason for writing this piece.

Appeals:
Ethos - This deals with the credibility of the rhetor. For you, you are commenting on a war that you aren't part of, and you are also attempting to assume what three seperate tribes, none of which you are a member of, plan to do. So when you started this topic, you had no ethos, meaning you had no real reason for writing this. Most people probably didn't put this meaning to it, but this is why a lot of people dislike when you post.

Logos - The logical approach. This has already been covered by others. Ende, you just listed off a bunch of wild speculations that had no basis in fact what-so-ever. Combine this with your lack of ethos and you have a worthless article already.

Pathos - The emotional approach. It's a known fact that family tribes aren't liked much. There's existing pathos already. Then you come on the forums Ende, and try to generate sympathy for your family of tribes. It didn't work. Then you try to deny ever trying to get sympathy, and it makes people dislike you and your tribe that much more for trying to be the center of attention while acting like you aren't.

Structure
Personally this is my favorite part. This pretty much covers much of the writing. The title, post length, consistency, arguments, counter-arguments (or lack there of), and more. Starting with your title: "What are LSHRV doing?" Well to me, that sounds like what you are really saying is "WTF are LSHRV doing?" It's not written like that but that's the way I read it, and probably how others do as well. Right from there, we already know that this is going to be a rant on nothing since LSHRV really hasn't done anything wrong. Then your writing consistency. You jump around all the time. You can write paragraphs of ranting and insults, but then even when someone posts something you like, you can barely write a sentence, and even then it sounds condescending. But by far, your worst part of structure is your arguments and counter-arguments. You arguments lack detail and fact. Then when someone challenges you, rather than write a counter-argument you either A. Throw out a generic statement that could mean anything or B. Completely ignore the argument. (I'm kind of expecting that you are ignoring this post by now. Kudos if you aren't).

Style
Diction (word choice), Syntax (sentence structure), Imagery, etc.
You keep saying that you aren't insulting LSHRV. Well let's say I give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you really aren't. Reading your posts, I find many words that have a negative connotation that lead readers to believe you are insulting LSHRV. Again, unless upsetting people serves a genuine purpose that benefits you, these should be avoided.

If you think this was long, I've barely scratched the surface. I actually expect some people (SG, MK, mLions maybe) might end up talking about things I didn't include. Truthfully, I could go on and on about rhetoric and how it applies to posting here. These are actually the things I think about when posting.

And I'd personally like to congratulate anyone that actually read this gargantuan block of text.

There was one thing I couldn't find a spot in the lesson for that you said Ende that bothered me. You said, several times, that there can't be more than one thread for the same war. I actually think that would classify as spam since a second topic on the same war that would be covering the SAME topics would be absolutely pointless.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately, I'm not as good at "staying neutral" as MK. Instead, I'll try to make this a lesson for Ende on why so many people dislike your posts. Those of you who disliked English class in highschool and are not Ende may wish to skip this post.

Rhetorical Triangle
Imagine a triangle with a circle drawn around it. The three points are the purpose, rhetor (writer), and the audience. The circle is context.

Purpose - Your main point for writing on this subject. All of your information should work towards proving this point. Just because you know your own purpose doesn't mean everyone else does. So when you are writing Ende, you often make posts that seem to backtrack, saying "I was talking about..." "What I meant to say was..." etc. Make everything crystal clear so that there are no questions.

Rhetor - You, the person writing or speaking. This involves your persona and how you are going to talk to your audience. Are you going to take sides or remain neutral. Are you going to talk about your own thoughts or talk about what's really going on. Again, make this obvious.

Audience - Us, the forum readers. Remember that everything you post is read by us. Thus, you don't want to post anything that is openly insulting, or that can even be misconstrued as insulting. Remember that anything you post can have a positive or negative response. Unless the negative response serves your purpose (read something like "Why I Want a Wife" for an example), you should always aim for the positive response, which means being informative without insulting people or messing with the facts.

Context - You should be able to back up anything you say with facts, or the statement must be reasonable. Saying LSHRV is going to disband after losing a couple hundred villages from their 11k+ total is an example of a statement made with no fact and is not reasonable.

Rhetorical Web
This is more of an analysis of writing, made up of rhetorical situation, appeals, structure, and style.

Rhetorical Situation - This is mostly like the rhetorical triangle, especially with exigence, your reason for writing this piece.

Appeals:
Ethos - This deals with the credibility of the rhetor. For you, you are commenting on a war that you aren't part of, and you are also attempting to assume what three seperate tribes, none of which you are a member of, plan to do. So when you started this topic, you had no ethos, meaning you had no real reason for writing this. Most people probably didn't put this meaning to it, but this is why a lot of people dislike when you post.

Logos - The logical approach. This has already been covered by others. Ende, you just listed off a bunch of wild speculations that had no basis in fact what-so-ever. Combine this with your lack of ethos and you have a worthless article already.

Pathos - The emotional approach. It's a known fact that family tribes aren't liked much. There's existing pathos already. Then you come on the forums Ende, and try to generate sympathy for your family of tribes. It didn't work. Then you try to deny ever trying to get sympathy, and it makes people dislike you and your tribe that much more for trying to be the center of attention while acting like you aren't.

Structure
Personally this is my favorite part. This pretty much covers much of the writing. The title, post length, consistency, arguments, counter-arguments (or lack there of), and more. Starting with your title: "What are LSHRV doing?" Well to me, that sounds like what you are really saying is "WTF are LSHRV doing?" It's not written like that but that's the way I read it, and probably how others do as well. Right from there, we already know that this is going to be a rant on nothing since LSHRV really hasn't done anything wrong. Then your writing consistency. You jump around all the time. You can write paragraphs of ranting and insults, but then even when someone posts something you like, you can barely write a sentence, and even then it sounds condescending. But by far, your worst part of structure is your arguments and counter-arguments. You arguments lack detail and fact. Then when someone challenges you, rather than write a counter-argument you either A. Throw out a generic statement that could mean anything or B. Completely ignore the argument. (I'm kind of expecting that you are ignoring this post by now. Kudos if you aren't).

Style
You keep saying that you aren't insulting LSHRV. Well let's say I give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you really aren't. Reading your posts, I find many words that have a negative connotation that lead readers to believe you are insulting LSHRV. Again, unless upsetting people serves a genuine purpose that benefits you, these should be avoided.

If you think this was long, I've barely scratched the surface. I actually expect some people (SG, MK, mLions maybe) might end up talking about things I didn't include. Truthfully, I could go on and on about rhetoric and how it applies to posting here. These are actually the things I think about when posting.

And I'd personally like to congratulate anyone that actually read this gargantuan block of text.

There was one thing I couldn't find a spot in the lesson for that you said Ende that bothered me. You said, several times, that there can't be more than one thread for the same war. I actually think that would classify as spam since a second topic on the same war that would be covering the SAME topics would be absolutely pointless.

i read all of that post jurasu so wheres my congrats? lol

that was a well put post, most people (me included) just tend to tell ende to stop talking but im glad someones finally taken the time to explain why we want that to happen and i really couldnt have said this better. it seems to a lot of people that the whole point of this thread was to make LSHRV look bad when they are anything but that and to me that seems pointless and childish.

to argue anything well on here you need fact just like jurasu said and all you've been doing is cherry picking the stats and not taking into account that there are many factors in how well this war is/well be going for either tribe.

speculation is one thing but to start throwing out unproven theories (like the discussion of a truce/merge at this early stage) is actually quite insulting to both tribes fighting as they've already said and even outside viewers that arent involved like me and dopeas among others can see that all that you are trying to achieve is to make LSHRV look bad and thats why we dont like your posts

sorry for the long rant/bad spelling im still a wee bit drunk from last night lol :icon_biggrin:

jakeeboy

Rhetorical Triangle

Rhetorical Web

Appeals:

Structure

Style

If only Jimmy could see the little teenager now! I would laugh in his face!

Anyway, I read it all, and yes Ende just about everything you say seems to be Anti- LSHRV, even if it isn't meant to be. So freaking stop it!

DeletedUser

Rhetorical Triangle

Rhetorical Web

Appeals:

Structure

Style

WOW...I really mean WOW

That is how to serve a tongue lashing! All I can say is WOW

DeletedUser

I wonder how much was a copy paste from another source. :lol:

Come now, Jurasu is too cool for that :p

It has to be admitted, he knows his PnP. Therefore I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote it himself.

DeletedUser

Well done jurusu for seeing fit to compose such an indepth thesis on such a trivial matter, time well spent i hope.

Anyway ill get to the point of this post... im retiring from these forums.

Hooray i hear u all cry! (and very loudly at that lol)

The long and the short of it is that ive tried to make a point for discussion and after some courteous postings (thanks Axl, Sea, Michielk and a few others) certain people see it necessary to make personal attacks at me, and tbh its getting boring that each thread degenerates into this. Whereas im very thick skinned and can handle the comments it is destracting from the issues at hand and im sure everyone doesnt want to read our constant battle of wills... Theres a big tasty war for everyone to talk about afterall.

These particular forums are showing themselves as a nasty place to be if ur not considered part of the 'clique' and because of that i feel its best for everyone that i retire from these pages.

I will also be making a public forum ban throughout Dust again because i think this will also help to stop any future hateful verbal skirmishes. Ive been told that other W16 tribes have already imposed similair public forum bans for the same reasons but they didnt want to announce it publicly and they have simply stopped posting. Im the kind of person who would prefer to be up front about it so everyone knows the score.

Personally id happily have a beer with any of u but its pretty obvious that most people here wouldnt reciprocate that sentiment and probably wishing to act out some sick fantasy attack on me instead. And thats the main point, this is getting beyond a joke and therefore ill step down and save everyone the embarressment of saying something they wish they hadnt. (not to mention make Violetts life alot easier :icon_wink:)

My parting words are to wish everyone left in this world all the best of luck in their wars, skirmishes and battles and hope we can all have lots of fun playing this game. Because afterall this is just a game, a game we all enjoy.

Peace

Ende

DeletedUser

Sorry about that didn't mean to be harsh.

Last edited by a moderator:

MichielK

Awww poor little ende being abuse now BYE :icon_twisted:.
Hopefuly he is actually qutting the forum this time.
Oh sadly I have not heard of the clique club is it new?
Isnt being abusive againsst the rules?
So why haven't we got infracted yet :icon_rolleyes:.

If Ende is really leaving forever, no need to kick her on the way out. If she isn't, she'll face enough heat when she comes back to post. This post was unnecessary, IMO.

AxlTheCat

If Ende is really leaving forever, no need to kick her on the way out. If she isn't, she'll face enough heat when she comes back to post. This post was unnecessary, IMO.

I agree. On behalf of LSHRV leadership, I'd like to apologize to Endemonadia for the crap she puts up with on here.

DeletedUser

I wonder how much was a copy paste from another source. :lol:
Believe it or not, I typed it all as it came to me.

And Ende, these threads "degenerate" (as if it had started as something higher to begin with) because of the points I covered concerning you. Take your last post for example. In a single sentence, you both dismissed my entire post as trivial and insulted me. THAT is why people dislike you.

DeletedUser

I'd like to say here (nothing really ontopic) that Ende is indeed abusive and stuff. BUT most of you all are as bad as Ende is, you all just choose to be this way towards the same person. You are all ignoring each others abusiveness, because you have a common enemy which you all happen to dislike for having another opinion (you will all disagree here, I know). You are all be being hypocritical and I must say that Ende's insults are not a bad as some of yours are (you will also disagree with this). I will be insulted and laughed at for saying this, just remember: "Pot calling the kettle black" is a very good idiom here.
I don't like Ende either and I think that he his abusive and has the wrong opinions. But I ask all of you to read back with an obective mind and see that everyone here is insulting (openly or in smarter words). Maybe, just maybe you all can let go of the insults (on both sides) and try to only attack each other on the content of the posts, which is clearly not done enough. I wont here, because I haven't really been able to form an opinion, because of all the insults flying here and there. Just remember, I'm not trying to say that what Ende did was good, I'm just saying that what most of the others did is just as bad.

Isnt being abusive againsst the rules?
So why haven't we got infracted yet :icon_rolleyes:.
I'm actually surprised that no one is infracted yet and I hope that Violett will take action here.

Kreamer

I didnt mean to try to make Ende quit. I was only trying to stop the insults that Ende was making quite often without realizing it.

Ende makes some valid points although avoiding other also important points. I would just like you to state all the facts and show both sides of the story as opposed to always making it sound one sided.

My earlier posts were made after I heard of a death in my family (grandmother) and at the time I was just angry at the world. Im feeling better now but I just wanted to apologize for the harsh response.

Its outbursts like those that is the reason I do not post in these forums. That side of me rarely comes out. Im usually (in my opinion) a nice guy, but can be quite relentless if provoked. Sorry. :icon_sad: I will back down to my normal daily reading of the forums but announcing my own opinions.

DeletedUser

I just hope that we can realize all our individual mistakes made and reflect on those mistakes. Its not a good image that someone has decided to leave the forum because of these types of things.

Though this does present us with a lasting reminder that what we all say does have an impact on people, and should keep negativity to a minimum.

Hellscradle

Jurasu, you're my new hero. I'd just like to point that out. Well worded. You should make a forum post for just that so that we can rid the forums of needless posts. This is way off topic though. :p

Ende said she was leaving the forums, not the game, I don't know why people are freaking out about it. Still fighting, just no longer talking, which can be a distraction in battle anyways. :icon_evil:

DeletedUser

Just pointing out that Ende is indeed a he. Said so himself.

DeletedUser

The reason why LSHRV are losing in Stats is simple and nothing complicated. I mean even I know what it is and I've been away since July. But don't want to give it away since I'll be giving awaystrategic data. but guys promise me one thing. Whoever wins this war kick some serious ass of those pesky noobish family tribes called Dust x(where x marks the random generic number).

And Ende was always big on the forums and poor ingame, maybe he is better now but still. And yes i can flame as much as want since I don't belong to any tribe nor care about reprecussions:p. Hillberries thought me well ;)

DeletedUser

Sorry about my post didn't realise how harsh and mean I was being.

DeletedUser

hey good luck to everyon in the future with world 16, i havent posted much, i only posted in 2 threads and they were the c2 vs lshrv thread and the tribal hugging thread. we are all biast players here as we all believe that our tribe is right and everyone elses are wrong, maybe some not as strong as others but still.

axl i want to congratulate you on wyour success through world 16 and i have always admired you, no worrys im perfectly straight and im not a dog so your safe (i do like cat fur coats though lols). camil and dr stein you are smart guys, u bent us over and penetrated us when you fle over to lshrv but i congratulate you on that as you wasnt found out till you left.

there are many others that i would like to congratulate aswell but tbh i cbb to write much more. good luck everyones and i wish you all the best. anyone fancy a beer or zute (joint) then its my round so just mail me and i will happily order up and we can have a great convo about a load of crap that nobody actually cares about XD.

DeletedUser

Well time to get this thread back on topic before Vio wakes up :icon_eek:

I can only speak for myself here ende so sorry if I can't provide the details just ask Flipman he'll let you know If he hasn't already:icon_rolleyes:

See I have been busy. this war with C² has seen my time on TW increase from 2hrs a day to 12hrs. Lucky for me I am on holidays so I can pull an all nighter if I have to

to the points you mentioned in the o.p

1. I have nothing to do with diplomacy thus can't comment
2. I sent my application to alexhol... didn't he forward it to you:icon_cry:
3. see No#1
4. see No#2 (I am very upset)
5. well out of all my incomings 99.9% are C² (maybe dust is considering my application)
6. as for a spilt well my girlfriend and I had a fight last night... oh sorry you mean from LSHRV well no not unless you guys accept me :icon_wink:

as for the slaughter you mentioned I know that ~300 villages may mean alot to you but in the grand scheme of things it only boils down to 2.68% of LSHRV villages at the start of the war to put it into a metaphor it would be like me taking 2 villages off you. not the end of the world sort of stuff

anywho I have been invited to a party in K97 so I must get back and send some more troops to pick up the beer you have down there:icon_twisted:

also you mention a ban on talking on the forums here that some tribes have put in place I haven't really felt like posting until now but you said you won't be posting on here anymore :icon_cry: we'll talk in game then

p.s hope to hear from you soon about my application:icon_wink: