Wheggs vs T.E.C

DeletedUser

With the old thread being closed and rowmaster's absence I thought I would open a new thread purely of ontopicness (and if it could be merged with relevant things from the old thread that would be fantastic! please leave it open rowmaster! its all we have). With a lack of everything on this forum I decided I would post some things for everyone to see.

All stats and maps in this post will not include any members which have been booted from tribes. (mainly out of laziness, if anyone wants to add then fine)

This war has currently been fort on the 2 fronts. The K25/35 border and the K35. Originally the war began on the K25/35 front but after the disbanding of FEAR and then the invitations of those members into opposing tribes a new front was created.

This next map shows a good overview of where most the fighting has been taken place.
Blue=Wheggs Ennoblement's
Red=T.E.C Ennoblement's
noble.php

As you can see the fronts are quite distinct and do not lap, this I would believe is mainly due to a lack density of T.E.C and Wheggs villages in that area, N NW of K35 and to the south of K25. This I also believe is what is holding this war back from being on a larger scale. The lack of villages is easily noticed on this map
download.php

With this war having been declared by T.E.C's SBS on the 24th of july (Not sure if this was an official declaration) only a total of 97 ennoblement's have been made. Making this in TW terms a very slow/small war.

Side 1:
Tribes: wheggs
Side 2:
Tribes: T.E.C

Timeframe: 01/01/1970 01:00:00 to 01/01/1970 01:00:00

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 45
Side 2: 52
Difference: 7

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 404,318
Side 2: 442,504
Difference: 38,186

chart

One can only hope that this war finds another level or else it may go down as being more of a skirmish.

Well that is all I can be bothered showing the world but if anyone else wants to add something please do!!!! (so incredibly bored!!!)

Love The Hiphopapotamus

DeletedUser

It's a slow war I think for two reasons, time of year (noone is home in front of the computer everyday during summer, at least I hope you aren't), and borders. Current border situation dictates only certain players will be fighting, and players from both tribes skilled enough that long-range ennoblements haven't been very successful.

DeletedUser

it isn't an active war... A lot of inactivity in both tribes I think...

and I think they are scared of me... :)

DeletedUser

I'm pretty scared of you :p You got all those big stacks lying around waiting to eat more of my nukes :(

but yeah numbers and the activity of those members doesn't not help fuel a war.

Also its my winter at the moment :) but I guess for the majority of the people it is the summer for them

DeletedUser

summer? I live in a bloody cave :( Rapaboutit!

stacks? Me? just a bunch of scouts, they def quite good !

tigerjaws

The only way you may spped up this war is by including the small tribes in k25/k35. They can solve the problem of long range noblements and at the same time will help you find some good players too.

DeletedUser

I honestly don't see the huge relevance of summer in inactivity. With school starting up, I'll probably be incurring more obstacles than I had been during summer. Sure there is maybe a 1-2 week vacation, but that happens at odd times during the school year as well. Also, we're assuming that most of the tw players are in school and that's why they're affected by summer when in reality, a lot of the tw players are not in school.

That is a lame reason. FEAR was wrong to use it as an excuse, but just because they used it, doesn't mean that either of these two tribes are allowed to use such a terrible excuse..

1 Djarra 9,57 Mio.
2 mostlyevil 7,93 Mio.
3 .Snivl da dizl 6,39 Mio.

You guys hit mostly AND snivl. and still haven't learned. Anyways, having 2 of the top 3 is pretty cool, but look at djarra come from behind to almost nab that 10 mio position!

Thanks for the maps btw, although I fully feel like the other topic was on topic and not needing to be locked. *shrug* oh well.

Edit: there is one thing your map does a bad job of showing. You say there is no overlap at all, but i know for a fact that mostlyevil has several villages inside wheggs territory. While, yes, this is not a big overlap, it's certainly why he's so high in ODD and should NOT be hidden by your maps and neither should you be able to hide the fact.

Also, spittsclan has villages inside wheggs zone and snivl is almost completely submerged in red.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser85345

Not to take this off-topic but...

I do find that there is less activity during summer. Adults get off work and there is still 4-6 hours of daylight left instead of nearly being dark during winter.

But there is another TW scourge that takes our players away from us - mostly teens and young adults - XBOX 360/PS 3/PC games (especially recently with some awesome titles out).

I expect that in mid-fall we'll see more people sticking out worlds for longer periods (and some formidable tribes because of it).

DeletedUser

Edit: there is one thing your map does a bad job of showing. You say there is no overlap at all, but i know for a fact that mostlyevil has several villages inside wheggs territory. While, yes, this is not a big overlap, it's certainly why he's so high in ODD and should NOT be hidden by your maps and neither should you be able to hide the fact.

Thats a good point and unfortunately something that cannot be displayed in stats or on a map :( Perhaps we should mail/message the developers and throw them the idea to create a measure for OD gained for a particular village. It would mean we could gauge where most of the action is taking place even when no villages have been nobled. It would also give players certain other advantages/disadvantages such as being able to pick out offensive and defensive villages (to a certain degree), knowing where inactive players from tribes are being attack, and lots more other possibilities

DeletedUser75518

War? jesus I'll die of old age before this "war" is over.

DeletedUser85953

Well personally I still don't see it as a war but more a expansion.

I'm expanding my borders. And it just so happened that wheggs was in my way.
Perhaps next time it will be someone else.

We don't share enough of a border for a full all out war.
Even while we were exchanging nukes it was from about 4 maybe 5 members from each side.

As much as I like a war as much as the next guy its just not going to happen here unless something drastic happens.

Noble limits are a killer right now in this world.

But hopefully we will see some more villages taken in the near future or perhaps another thread opening up since we are attacking someone new.
T.E.C has so many tribes around we can go to war with that we might just start a "T.E.C VRS Everyone else except allies" thread.

:icon_twisted:

Deleted User - 3135

Mere expansion with a surplus of just 7 villages? Naice.

I'm not sure I'd call a 13% success rate expansion.

That's like beating someone 9-8 at chess over several days then proclaiming it was easy.

DeletedUser

Mere expansion with a surplus of just 7 villages? Naice.

I'm not sure I'd call a 13% success rate expansion.

That's like beating someone 9-8 at chess over several days then proclaiming it was easy.

I'm not sure where you get your success rate from, doesn't really make much sense to me. Personally, I've been around 90-95% successful in my noble attempts vs wheggs and wheggs has been around 2-3% successful in their noble attempts against me. That 2-3% is from a single village where my train landed a train a few hours before a wheggs player's did and I got unlucky an last second renoble attempt.

T.E.C has primarily lost villages a half K or more away from the main body of the tribe while we've been gaining villages steadily along our borders. There were a few players who lost a good number of villages because they were completely behind enemy lines but the rest of the border players have made substantive gains at wheggs expense.

Deleted User - 3135

I'm not sure where you get your success rate from, doesn't really make much sense to me. Personally, I've been around 90-95% successful in my noble attempts vs wheggs and wheggs has been around 2-3% successful in their noble attempts against me. That 2-3% is from a single village where my train landed a train a few hours before a wheggs player's did and I got unlucky an last second renoble attempt.

T.E.C has primarily lost villages a half K or more away from the main body of the tribe while we've been gaining villages steadily along our borders. There were a few players who lost a good number of villages because they were completely behind enemy lines but the rest of the border players have made substantive gains at wheggs expense.

The amount of villages gained minus those lost divided by those gained to get the percentage of villages you keep a.k.a. the success rate.

Within this rate there will not be a standard fixed percentage for every player to be participating, but rather varying amounts based on skill, activity, positioning and so on. Should a player have a higher than average score that score would then have to be compensated elsewhere making individual achievement irrelevant and circumstantial unless other conclusions can be made.

Oki? :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

The amount of villages gained minus those lost divided by those gained to get the percentage of villages you keep a.k.a. the success rate.

Within this rate there will not be a standard fixed percentage for every player to be participating, but rather varying amounts based on skill, activity, positioning and so on. Should a player have a higher than average score that score would then have to be compensated elsewhere making individual achievement irrelevant and circumstantial unless other conclusions can be made.

Oki? :icon_wink:

That is a fairly meaningless stat that is neither a rate nor indicative of success. It's also completely off point to Inactive's comment as to how this conflict has related to him on an individual level.

Inactive mentioned that he personally saw the conflict as an expansion, in other words, a way to expand his own territory. It has been the common experience of all the players along the border with wheggs that taking villages from you is minimally challenging.

As shown in the maps by the OP most of wheggs conquers occurred far from the borders between the tribes. Realistically, keeping the furthest villages, especially when one of the players involved had no interest in defending, was not going to happen. Maintaining those villages as long as we did and killing off a substantial number of nukes in the process however did help us to soften up the K34 front for our own push. The long term value of the villages we lost was also minimal as they were too spread out and too far from the tribe's core to have been effective in a potential attack on back lines.

On the other hand, the villages we've gained were highly valuable. On both the K25 and K34 frontlines the villages we've taken put us in a significantly better position to continue expanding.

Its actually quite amusing that wheggs was the instigating party in all of this considering that most of your veteran players are in the backlines and so many of your border players are noobish and untrained. I expect those same veterans will be there to gobble up what remains of the noobs as when they decide that a couple hundred incoming is more than they can handle and go back to playing xbox.

Deleted User - 3135

That is a fairly meaningless stat that is neither a rate nor indicative of success. It's also completely off point to Inactive's comment as to how this conflict has related to him on an individual level.

Inactive mentioned that he personally saw the conflict as an expansion, in other words, a way to expand his own territory. It has been the common experience of all the players along the border with wheggs that taking villages from you is minimally challenging.

As shown in the maps by the OP most of wheggs conquers occurred far from the borders between the tribes. Realistically, keeping the furthest villages, especially when one of the players involved had no interest in defending, was not going to happen. Maintaining those villages as long as we did and killing off a substantial number of nukes in the process however did help us to soften up the K34 front for our own push. The long term value of the villages we lost was also minimal as they were too spread out and too far from the tribe's core to have been effective in a potential attack on back lines.

On the other hand, the villages we've gained were highly valuable. On both the K25 and K34 frontlines the villages we've taken put us in a significantly better position to continue expanding.

Its actually quite amusing that wheggs was the instigating party in all of this considering that most of your veteran players are in the backlines and so many of your border players are noobish and untrained. I expect those same veterans will be there to gobble up what remains of the noobs as when they decide that a couple hundred incoming is more than they can handle and go back to playing xbox.

I do not see how it is meaningless? It is representative of how fast a tribe cuts through another. Since conquers alone can vary on simply how many players are involved, and how large they are.

I do not care for your arguments about borders. We need to take those down just as we do your frontlines. We can say we have expanded into yourselves on the same argument as you have had expansion into us. Whilst individuals also mean little if their surplus is actually larger than the tribe's as a whole :icon_wink: