Which Tribe are the biggest Barb Nobling Noobs?

DeletedUser4587

nice statistics...good to see them put togheter. good job :)

I think that this is not a good way to calculate the stability of members. One more factor should be introduced - see exactly what members moved (maybe some moved more time back and forth for whatever reasons..) and see who is still there from ground zero, when the tribe started. that will give us a better view of member stability, just comparing member number and tribe changes its far from the truth.

I believe I mentioned in my methodology statement (and if I didn't, I meant to) that i didn't account for people who left then came back.

However, people leaving and coming back does not at all indicate stability in any way, so perhaps the tribes deserve to be numerically punished.

I do agree, however, that the time that tribe has been around does matter. A tribe who has been around for a very long time will see lower percentages of retention than one that has been recently formed.

However, there is no way to easy way to make the comparison. It would take some in depth knowledge, something that I don't care to learn. This post is supposed to be an obvious on-the-surface appraisal.

I can maybe figure out a way to normalize the number of recruits per day to the number of recruits who have remained... maybe it won't be too hard. I'll think about it, and if I see a clear path to it, I will repost.

DeletedUser

i just wanted to point the fact that thestatistic has flaws (which obvious are not your fault :) ). Also - people leaving and coming back is not a sign, nor stability nor instability - could be one of those but you need to know the reasons behind their movements to be able to say which one.

DeletedUser

and the tribe that is most likely to disband.......

#8 INNOV - 30.29% - (63/353)

I can guarantee you INNOV will be the last Tribe to disband. Yes they have had a very high turn over of players. The original INNOV
lost a lot of players after the ~Red~ war due to RL and other things.

While Sir Launcealot was recruiter for INNOV (Who has sense quit himself), he experimented by recruiting ( at a very high rate ) a great number of low point players.

While Tribes like Fray and 4zl's advertise for moral bashers, like they are a key component of the game, (i will have my say about that soon ) Sir Launcealot decided it was better to just recruit them and train them.

Those that did not make the cut were of course dismissed and nobled. Hence the high rate of tribe changes for INNOV.

How you come to the conclusion that INNOV is most likely to disband is beyond me. It just goes to show that stats like these do not actually tell the whole story.

Back to Moral bashers. The only purpose they can ever serve realistically is to clear low point players, and perhaps the occasional support. These players who are Moral bashers for bigger players are being used.

The big fat so and so on 150 villages cant handle losing nukes to get that 1 little village from some poor noob that is trying to learn the game, so lets send in the moral basher. This is just low and pathetic in my opinion.

you should not be bothered by some noob with 2 villages in your cluster, if it bothers you , then i guess your just weak , frail and scared.

If you want these "Moral bashers" to work with you, they should be recruited to your tribe. not used and discarded when no longer required as they commonly are.

and lets face it, you big players should be taking on other big players any way. If you can not get a job done yourself, or with help from your tribe, then you should be moving on to what you SHOULD be doing. Warring other tribes.

/rant.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can guarantee you INNOV will be the last Tribe to disband. Yes they have had a very high turn over of players. The original INNOV
lost a lot of players after the ~Red~ war due to RL and other things.

Not according to the stats they won't

While Tribes like Fray and 4zl's advertise for moral bashers, like they are a key component of the game, (i will have my say about that soon ) Sir Launcealot decided it was better to just recruit them and train them.

Pass the buck

Those that did not make the cut were of course dismissed and nobled. Hence the high rate of tribe changes for INNOV.

By ur enemys

How you come to the conclusion that INNOV is most likely to disband is beyond me. It just goes to show that stats like these do not actually tell the whole story.

because the stats say so
Back to Moral bashers. The only purpose they can ever serve realistically is to clear low point players, and perhaps the occasional support. These players who are Moral bashers for bigger players are being used.

They are used to keep players defense at home, small stack because of moral, if they noble in a spot where a player has sent support from, they can be quite annoying

The big fat so and so on 150 villages cant handle losing nukes to get that 1 little village from some poor noob that is trying to learn the game, so lets send in the moral basher. This is just low and pathetic in my opinion.

dont blame others for ur impatentcy

and lets face it, you big players should be taking on other big players any way. If you can not get a job done yourself, or with help from your tribe, then you should be moving on to what you SHOULD be doing. Warring other tribes.

/rant.

Lol what if they are warring in the first place? you make no sense panmax, all that dribble for what gain?

DeletedUser4587

I can guarantee you INNOV will be the last Tribe to disband. Yes they have had a very high turn over of players. The original INNO.......

/rant.[/I]

Why so serious?

I was obviously just being snarky and having fun.

DeletedUser4587

i just wanted to point the fact that thestatistic has flaws (which obvious are not your fault :) ). Also - people leaving and coming back is not a sign, nor stability nor instability - could be one of those but you need to know the reasons behind their movements to be able to say which one.

Aye, it's good to point out that statistics rarely reflect reality. They are good to back up an argument, but they don't make the argument.

DeletedUser4587

Continent Dominance Tribal Rankings

Background

We often focus on how many continents a tribe controls, but not necessarily how well they control them. If a tribe controls a lot of continents, but not very well, they can potentially be more vulnerable to attack than those who fully control their continents.

I decided to compare each of the top 10 tribes (well, top 9 and fray now...) average continent dominance, to see who controls their continents the best, as well as by their best dominated continent.

I will also rank them by the effective number of continents controlled, meaning if all of their villages were magically moved around, how many continents they could control 100%.

While this does not account for good consolidation (such as the case with area), or owning rim continents that have no opponents on some sides, these statistics can help describe the tribe's vulnerability.

Rankings - Average Dominance

Note: Numbers in parentheses are number of ks dominated (Rank 1/Rank 2). Only Rank 1 Ks are included in the average.

Tribe with the safest territory:

#1 INNOV - 76.62% - (3/1)

#2 Chess - 69.98% - (4/1)
#3 4ZL? - 69.57% - (9/7)
#4 -Nyx- - 67.27% - (7/2)
#5 -BH- - 62.55% - (3/1)
#6 Temp/Fray - 57.85% - (10/7)
#7 area - 57.01% - (4/1)

and the tribe that is most likely to be killed from within their own Ks.......

#8 Che! - 44.67% - (653/2315)

Footnotes:
MUNTS - 30.23% (2/2)
Temp - 53.49% (10/5)
Fray - 0% (0/3)

Rankings - Best Single K Dominance

Tribe with the safest core:

#1 -Nyx- - 97.22% - (K36)

#2 4ZL? - 96.51% - (K45)
#3 area - 90.80% - (K33)
#4 INNOV - 89.80% - (K68)
#5 Chess - 86.08% - (k48)
#6 Temp/Fray - 85.83% - (K56)
#7 -BH- - 83.80% - (K84)

and the tribe has no where to hide.......

#8 Che! - 45.64% - (K85)

Footnotes:
MUNTS - 39.21% (K62)
Temp - 85.83% - (K56)
Fray - 23.81% (K64)

Rankings - Effective K's controlled

Tribe with the most territory:

#1 4ZL? - 7.68 Ks (9)

#2 Temp/Fray - 6.91 Ks (10)
#3 -Nyx- - 4.95 Ks (7)
#4 Chess - 2.95 Ks (4)
#5 INNOV - 2.61 Ks (3)
#6 area - 2.55 Ks (4)
#7 -BH- - 2.19 Ks (3)

and the tribe with the most pitiful territory......

#8 Che! - 1.64 Ks (2)

Footnotes:
MUNTS - 1.20 (2)
Temp - 6.42 (10)
Fray - 0.49 (0)

Fun Facts:
-Nyx- and 4ZL? have two continents with a higher percent dominance than Temp's best.

My opinion is that Panamax probably won't be so hostile now that INNOV has done well in this stat. :p (Before anybody says anything, this is a fact.. a fact that it's my opinion... =D )

Methodology
[spoil]
I used the percentages from the stickied map and averaged them.

To get effective continents I added the percentages of minor and major ks.[/spoil]

Data for this post and another post to be made soon
[spoil]
Used Stickied map
[/spoil]

I hope people found this enjoyable.

DeletedUser

Why so serious?

I was obviously just being snarky and having fun.

You will have to forgive me, however I do not make an apolagie.

The constant putting down of INNOV really gets on my nerves. The only bad image INNOV should have is my conduction in the external forums.

Given, some of INNOV are not the greatest TW players ever to live, but hey, they put up a damn good fight, and no one should take that away from them EVER.

Very rarely does INNOV take on big point players. I joined INNOV with less then 5 village.

the merge that INNOV gets picked on for, by the greatest merge tribe of them all, was more for the benefit of =CW= rather then INNOV.

If you want to take shots at INNOV, thats fine, but do not expect me to sit here and read it without a retort.

DeletedUser

The only bad image INNOV should have is my conduction in the external forums.

then do something about it if you really care so much and stop whinning :)

and very nice job Lat - i enjoy reading your statistics.

DeletedUser

yes agreed i also enjoy the stats, and the good old saying the truth hurts, as we have seen with spazamax's reactions

I cant see anyr other tribe getting all defensive about it

Very rarely does INNOV take on big point players. I joined INNOV with less then 5 village.

We know you dont attack any big players, maybe that is why you are still around? you havnt pussed off the right ppl yet

DeletedUser

MUNTS seems new because all but one of their members joined fray a while ago.

Upon the fray implosion it looks like they reformed though.

Yep, biggest mistake we've ever made probably. ( joining fray ) Happily back where we belong.

DeletedUser

yes agreed i also enjoy the stats, and the good old saying the truth hurts, as we have seen with spazamax's reactions

I cant see anyr other tribe getting all defensive about it

We know you dont attack any big players, maybe that is why you are still around? you havnt pussed off the right ppl yet

My replies are structured at least. you suckers can sit around and sip cups a tea if you like. don't complain that the forums are dead

take a look at yourself mokbel, you ran to Fray and you got fk'd over. suck a fat one loser.

Hamish83

sounds like someone could use some ridilin, or prozac ... something

... it's a game people! ... relax!

and besides, the forums aren't dead. forum activity has been unusually high the last couple weeks. first bernard's threads now this one ... in my opinion the externals have been more alive lately than they ever have been

Last edited:

DeletedUser4587

You will have to forgive me, however I do not make an apolagie.

The constant putting down of INNOV really gets on my nerves. The only bad image INNOV should have is my conduction in the external forums.

Given, some of INNOV are not the greatest TW players ever to live, but hey, they put up a damn good fight, and no one should take that away from them EVER.

the merge that INNOV gets picked on for, by the greatest merge tribe of them all, was more for the benefit of =CW= rather then INNOV.

If you want to take shots at INNOV, thats fine, but do not expect me to sit here and read it without a retort.

You sure talk about how great INNOV is a lot.... is that why you have left them... twice?

DeletedUser4587

ugg... top ten is changing too fast... 3 days and my stats are already becoming irrelevant >.<

Che! ==> ~DX~

*sigh*

Oh well, I only have two more left that I've planned.

DeletedUser4587

Troop Efficiency Tribal Rankings

Background

OD is the commonly used measure of how well or how much a tribe or player wars.... yet when we look at the ranking it is common to see dead tribes high on the list (Horde!, Fray, Rocket, Brew, TWS all in the top 20, all dead or dying). Is it really true to say that this is a proof of skill? After all, the point of the game isn't to kill troops, it's to gain villages. Some of players with the best OD have no villages.

I think any experienced player knows that it's better to leave a village stacked, and take the villages that are supporting it instead. Any good tribe understands that good coordinated timing in their attacks increases the number of nobles that get through, and decreased the number of stacks that are hit. Furthermore, finishing your wars quickly results in less of an expenditure of troops, since the enemy rebuilds them as you waste time. In other words, if you play well, you won't have to waste as many troops.

So shouldn't we consider, instead, how well the troops are used? I have ranked the tribes based on how many troops, on average they have to kill to gain a village, and how many troops they killed, for every one they lost. This ranking describes how well the troops are used to acquire hostile gains, and to defend against incoming nobles. This ranking describes to some extent the skill of the tribe. Or perhaps, they just pick easy fights... so rather, the difference in skill between them and their enemies.

Rankings - ODA per hostile village capped

The Tribe that walks over their enemies:

#1 -BH- - 34,392 ODA per cap

#2 -Nyx- - 38,215 ODA per cap
#3 Fray/Temp - 48,961 ODA per cap
#4 Chess - 49,463 ODA per cap
#5 Che! - 50,421 ODA per cap
#6 4ZL? - 50,665 ODA per cap
#7 INNOV - 52,992 ODA per cap

and the tribe that likes to nuke stacked villages.......

#8 area - 64,681 ODA per cap

Footnotes:
MUNTS - 31707 ODA per cap
Temp - 58651 ODA per cap
Fray - 47814 ODA per cap

Rankings - ODD per village lost

The Tribe who's soldiers just might be Spartans:

#1 4ZL? - 284,481 ODD per cap

#2 INNOV - 283243 ODD per cap
#3 -Nyx- - 249,500 ODD per cap
#4 Fray/Temp - 246,532 ODD per cap
#5 area - 245,208 ODD per cap
#6 Chess - 186,498 ODD per cap
#7 Che! - 138,632 ODD per cap

and the tribe who's troops just might be French......

#8 -BH- - 75,616 ODD per cap

Footnotes:
MUNTS - 330,500 ODD per cap
Temp - 567,619 ODD per cap
Fray - 236,858 ODD per cap

Fun Facts:
-Nyx- has had another war since, but still has less ODD than their defeated enemies, Rocket.

Methodology
[spoil]
I used the percentage of hostile conquers, calculated in a previous post, and multiplied that by the total conquers from TW Stats to get the total hostile conquers.

The losses I was able to just pull off directly from TW Stats.

The ODA and ODD was taken from in game (NOT TW Stats). TW Stats just adds up the OD of the individual members, where the game OD is only from actions performed while in the tribe, and is not attached to players.

Then it was a simple matter of dividing the OD by the number of caps.

[/spoil]

Data for this post and prior post
[spoil]
i did this in excel, so it's a pain to transfer the numbers over... so I'm going to declare myself lazy and not.

If anybody truly cares though, they can ask and I'll post them.
[/spoil]

DeletedUser4587

I have run out of ideas for stats, so I'll give people an opportunity to make requests.... if none are made, then i will wrap up this thread with overall ranking, which will combine it all and see who has done best over all in these stats.

DeletedUser

I have run out of ideas for stats, so I'll give people an opportunity to make requests.... if none are made, then i will wrap up this thread with overall ranking, which will combine it all and see who has done best over all in these stats.

How about enemy conquers in known wars? or just the declared wars. Not sure if that could be done but still could be interesting.