Who's the man?!

DeletedUser23324

I love how this debate has been started again. Notably from all the posters who are either new and or just generally ignorant of server history and past discussion in general.

@Tennis
There’s a reason Nyxx has been highly thought of by a large majority of players for a very long time. If you think that reason is because he has allot of support then as many have said so far "You don't have a clue what your talking about"

@People claiming PKs is a Family tribe.

*Does PKs have loose recruitment?
*Does PKs have a high focus on Diplomacy?
*Does PKs bully tribes into joining them?
*Does PKs actively engage in merger talks?
*Does PKs have any say what so ever in the running of D.A, DFB, LotD?
*Does PKs have the same rules and regulations of LFKD?

I mean i could go on, but anyone who honestly wants to label PKs as a family is really clutching at straws. We all know what we think in our heads when the word family tribe is said.

*Sim City
*Tribal Hugs
*Lots of chat and words.... Little action
*Lots of kids on the forum boasting about how large their family are...

I mean we can get into the semantic argument about the meaning of a family tribe and if that’s the debate that some people want. Then i'd politely inform them to get a life ;)

Much love

Mattius xxx

Last edited:

DeletedUser

of RFG. it's a merge Nyxx...

I'm sorry, i don't know really know you, but you have no idea what are you talking about. Since our good allies R2 and SCI wanted to fight each other, we decided that the future looks too boring for this tribe.

So ... every player was free to choose a new tribe. Some joined SCI, some Barbar, some just quit ... and some others (including me) choose PKs. There was no merge, some RFG players wanted to join PKs, they agreed ... end of story.

Matt76827

Yes
Yes
No
No
Yes
Yes

Simply because LFKD does not perfectly fit the stereotypical family tribe does not prove it is not a family tribe.

DeletedUser23324

Yes
Yes
No
No
Yes
Yes

Simply because LFKD does not perfectly fit the stereotypical family tribe does not prove it is not a family tribe.

Loose recruitment? Any tribe in the history of W5 have a stronger unbending recruitment record?

High focus on Diplomacy? Well seeing as i have managed the diplomacy for allot of the time on this server and replied to nearly all requests with a no. I think thats quite a laughable answer.

*Does PKs have any say what so ever in the running of D.A, DFB, LotD? yes?

You really don't know anything about the runnings of LFKD, id go as far as saying that at times most the leaders outright hated each other. (well hated me at least...)

*Does PKs have the same rules and regulations of LFKD? Yes?

Give me a brake.

I mean the way this is going it seems a tribe needs to have 0 allies, naps and recruit no one as to be qualified as a non family tribe. Semantics gone mad..

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I mean we can get into the semantic argument about the meaning of a family tribe and if that’s the debate that some people want. Then i'd politely inform them to get a life ;)

I know.. and on a PnP forum of all places.. have people no respect for the hugging that needs to be reflected by all the ingame huggles happening? W5 unite against the dissenters who would besmirch our fine PnP with... (/me averts eyes) Debate!

*Does PKs have loose recruitment?

Just some I found skimming down a little ways.
jr.tatar Joined 05th May 2009 - 01:00 1,146,832---already grey
aquarium Joined 04th May 2009 - 22:00 5,486,435---read the Sci multi'ing manual
niceboydudu Joined 28th April 2009 - 16:00 1,148,858---already grey
LauraDestroya Joined 22nd April 2009 - 19:00 705,152---Heard she actually hasn't played w5 in like 6 months
Daisu Joined 21st April 2009 - 22:00 3,164,399---Inactive but does so with mad skillz, i'm debating removing this one
Angusog Joined 21st April 2009 - 16:00 5,555,513---Inactive and doing so badly
abrahamr Joined 18th April 2009 - 10:00 10,630,786---Was quitting when he joined, was asked to come anyways for the rank
Hgmg Joined 15th April 2009 - 13:00 5,628,621---Already grey
sandarea Joined 15th April 2009 - 10:00 6,944,363-Borderline inactive, plus nyxx told me she was a n00b
skypy Joined 15th April 2009 - 10:00 5,580,351---Isn't this who aquarium got banned for playing? Well, 2 is better than one when it comes to points.
peter596 Joined 08th April 2009 - 13:00 590,569---Grey eater.. good thing too with all the barbs PKs recruited
Shear Joined 01st April 2009 - 01:00 1,642,348---Recruited for the points.. being internalled

*Does PKs have a high focus on Diplomacy?

Not unless you count having diplomacy with the biggest family tribe on the server when by PKs own claims your the best on the server.

*Does PKs bully tribes into joining them?

It's easy not to bully when 1/2 of who you recruit aren't even playing anymore.

*Does PKs actively engage in merger talks?

I would guess yes at this point, post all PKs leadership mails so it can be disproven. If you'd like I can just sit the dukes to keep things from being in the eyse of the public.

*Does PKs have any say what so ever in the running of D.A, DFB, LotD?

Directly, no. But the entire Sci/DFB diplomacy stemmed because PKs got some sugar from Sci. Which of course then led DFB to sell out their K78 members w/o telling them that's what they were doing so they could stay on the same page as PKs. But that's ok, 1/2 of Scir0s wants to rim DFB soon and then we can see how close the 2 are still. I'm curious which boytoy PKs will pick.

*Does PKs have the same rules and regulations of LFKD?

Does the LFKD have rules and regs as a whole? And isn't it just DL in there with ya? Unless Sci is already part of the LFKD I really don't see why you'd need to refer to DL as the entire alliance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt76827

Loose recruitment - Bskip22 (and others).

High focus on Diplomacy - You talk about it so much it must be a high priority for you. You use diplomacy to your advantage both in keeping boarders safe and removing enemies (SCI fam).

Would PKs sit idly by if say, daz was to join DL and somehow (by magic) he was on the track to become duke and he was exactly the way he is now. Would you not use every official and unofficial path to stop that from happening?

However you do have me on the last one. "Same" is far to exact and I was wrong to say that you have identical rules and regulations to the rest of LFKD.
However I hope you can agree that your rules and regulations have far more in common with the other members of LFKD than any other tribe in TW (excluding tribes made by PKs members on other worlds).

R2 was not a family tribe, nor was RFG and so on and so forth.

Again I say "Simply because LFKD does not perfectly fit the stereotypical family tribe does not prove it is not a family tribe".

A family tribe can have strict recruitment.
It could also not give a crap about diplomacy at all (bar with each other).
A family tribe doesn't necessarily have to mass recruit.

Your definition of a family tribe may differ to someone elses.

DeletedUser23324

I know.. and on a PnP forum of all places.. have people no respect for the hugging that needs to be reflected by all the ingame huggles happening? W5 unite against the dissenters who would besmirch our fine PnP with... (/me averts eyes) Debate!

Just some I found skimming down a little ways.
jr.tatar Joined 05th May 2009 - 01:00 1,146,832---already grey
aquarium Joined 04th May 2009 - 22:00 5,486,435---read the Sci multi'ing manual
niceboydudu Joined 28th April 2009 - 16:00 1,148,858---already grey
LauraDestroya Joined 22nd April 2009 - 19:00 705,152---Heard she actually hasn't played w5 in like 6 months
Daisu Joined 21st April 2009 - 22:00 3,164,399---Inactive but does so with mad skillz, i'm debating removing this one
Angusog Joined 21st April 2009 - 16:00 5,555,513---Inactive and doing so badly
abrahamr Joined 18th April 2009 - 10:00 10,630,786---Was quitting when he joined, was asked to come anyways for the rank
Hgmg Joined 15th April 2009 - 13:00 5,628,621---Already grey
sandarea Joined 15th April 2009 - 10:00 6,944,363-Borderline inactive, plus nyxx told me she was a n00b
skypy Joined 15th April 2009 - 10:00 5,580,351---Isn't this who aquarium got banned for playing? Well, 2 is better than one when it comes to points.
peter596 Joined 08th April 2009 - 13:00 590,569---Grey eater.. good thing too with all the barbs PKs recruited
Shear Joined 01st April 2009 - 01:00 1,642,348---Recruited for the points.. being internalled

Not unless you count having diplomacy with the biggest family tribe on the server when by PKs own claims your the best on the server.

It's easy not to bully when 1/2 of who you recruit aren't even playing anymore.

I would guess yes at this point, post all PKs leadership mails so it can be disproven. If you'd like I can just sit the dukes to keep things from being in the eyse of the public.

Directly, no. But the entire Sci/DFB diplomacy stemmed because PKs got some sugar from Sci. Which of course then led DFB to sell out their K78 members w/o telling them that's what they were doing so they could stay on the same page as PKs. But that's ok, 1/2 of Scir0s wants to rim DFB soon and then we can see how close the 2 are still. I'm curious which boytoy PKs will pick.

Does the LFKD have rules and regs as a whole? And isn't it just DL in there with ya? Unless Sci is already part of the LFKD I really don't see why you'd need to refer to DL as the entire alliance.

@Matt

I don't see much reason to argue you on your post(i partially agree on most points), altho i still disagree with the diplomacy bit..

@Daz

I admit i am a lil out the loop on recent actions (the last year or 2 :p) but i think we all know that as time goes on and player numbers drop it is inevitable standards will drop. What i would argue is that relative to other tribes and with respect to recruitment over the years, i think you'd be harsh in saying PKs are slack in recruitment.

As for whose left in 'LFKD' i mean i'd debate if LFKD really bares mentioning at all? I think you might notice in my posts over a long period of time that my posts rarely refer to LFKD and more often refer to only PKs. This is quite frankly because i only talk for PKs and really have limited knowledge of LFKD activity as a whole. What our allies do or don't do is of little concern to me as long as it doesn't interfere with PKs own goals. How you'd like to sum up this relationship is open to an individuals interperetation.

Nyxx

Reaction score
R2 was not a family tribe

You have to be joking :lol::lol::lol:

R2-tru was a result of 2 families merging, hellas and trust/truth. Hellas had over dozen of sister tribes, trust/truth had around 3-5.

Most of hellas tribes were based in core and around it, they were pretty quickly annihilated by LFKD. I remember the main tribe collapsing (almost) overnight. R2-Hellas was the outpost tribe which had late starting players 'strenghtened' by players who had been rimmed from the core. Only the fact that they were out of reach of LFKD at that moment saved the final branch from sure doom.

I find it rather hilarious that here comes matt76827 claiming that R2 wasn't a family tribe.

It is nice that you have opinions about other tribes, but seriously, if you don't even know your own tribes history and origins, maybe you should consider keeping those opinions to yourself :lol:

Matt76827

Let me go out on a bit of a limb here but by definition a family tribe has to be more than one tribe right?
Because last time I checked the R2 "family" was made up of one tribe.

It's like saying SCI (now and when they had more branches than VVV) were a single unit.

It is so ludicrous only a fool would come onto the PnP forum and honestly suggest it.

perhaps I should also clarify something for you.
R2 =/= hellas
I know the fact that they are so similarly spelt could cause confusion but they are not the same.

To clear up any of your future posts when I refer to R2 I actually mean R2-TRU not R2-Hel, R2-WTF, R2-D2 or any other name any other tribe in W5 has taken with "R2" or something similar in it.

Nyxx

Reaction score
Let me go out on a bit of a limb here but by definition a family tribe has to be more than one tribe right?
Because last time I checked the R2 "family" was made up of one tribe.

Just because we mowed down the rest of the branches to disbandment doesn't change the fact that R2 was the last branch of hellas family.

DeletedUser

Just because we mowed down the rest of the branches to disbandment doesn't change the fact that R2 was the last branch of hellas family.

*sigh* If only they'd have been the biggest family on the server.. it could've really been something.

darkraven9

Please correct me if I am wrong because I am no expert on R2 history.

If I remember correctly, at one point there were two tribes (I assume after the dissolving and general merging of TRUST and R2/HELLAS) called R2-TRU and TRU-R2. I believe these co-existed for a time and were considered family.

Furthermore, I also distinctly remember later R2-TRU having an academy tribe for some time as well, known as R2-Ta.This was also treated, and obviously was supposed to resemble, a family academy.

DeletedUser23324

I don't know anything of R2 so wont comment.

But people who comment in general about family tribes...

How is 3 tribes with 30 members in each anymore a family tribe than one tribe with 90 members that operates in exactly the same way...?

As far as am concerned a family tribe is a type of ethos , a style of gameplay based around certain aspects within the game. I really don't think it has anything to do with how many sections it contains. Although it would be true that the more parts to a tribe the more likely it is to act like a family tribe...

Matt76827

darkraven I'm sure if you went back far enough you could make the argument that SCIR0S is a merger of 10+ tribes. That doesn't mean that in its current state SCIR0S is 10 tribes combined. It is a single tribe.

So yes during the long history of R2 (with its various names and locations) they have been a family tribe. However I hope you can understand that I talk about R2 I talk about it as the single tribe that it has been for the majority of my time there and as its latest status.

SCIR0S had an academy (SCIRSA) would you honestly say there is the "SCI" family and then inside that there is the SCIR0S family? A sub family within a family?

I think spam cat has a point in that a single tribe can act like a stereotypical family tribe so shouldn't it be classed as such?
However if VVV had all its branches back and yet did not fit into the family tribe idea (lose recruitment etc) would they still not be a family tribe due to their names and communication?

DeletedUser

*Sim City -Please downgrade your villages, and specially those lvl 1 workshops.
*Tribal Hugs -Yes, we seen that from lfkd.
*Lots of kids on the forum boasting about how large their family are...

The last one was what happened when lfkd were declared, it got lower after time as players went inactive.

Pks and Dl are what's left from an alliance. All the alliance members are responsible for eachother. Beeing what's left is no reason. History still follows.

If as Sciros is the only Sci tribe remaining then they'll of course go out with that they're not a family tribe.

This is because they're what's left of a family and that tag is still keept with even after. Pks should remove DL from their diplomacy and give them a thinner look in my view.:icon_cool:

Sci had 9 if not 11 family tribes, tribes with a family relation to them. Therefor they're what's left.

LauraDestroya

I'm here, Nyxx just hasn't let me out of the dungeon. :icon_cry:
85620946pDfROK_fs.jpg

LauraDestroya

Glad you could spare some time for W5.. still owning in W4(i think that's the one you play at any rate)?

I'm always here watching........w4 finally got too boring with the mega-sized tribes, so w19 is my main world now.