Why DNY won this world so early on

DeletedUser

10 was a complete typo, and for that i apologize. my fingers are evil!

I was talking about the period between the time of making and the part before the merge that would make WE. They were doing well upto a point. Very well put against other leading tribes [WE,PTT,cant really remember atm] (played it like a year ago). At one point, players couldnt keep it up, but that was a good time AFTER the peak time in which TFB were thriving. This then turned into a meeting of the leaders, and then the merge took place. After the merge, they conquered the entire west.

Yes they did do well but PTT they were beating but as was shown by -WE- they were hardly the best tribe in the world. And -WE- they could not beat and after a while of being fairly even -WE- started to win.

DeletedUser

Lmao, thats why they are still around.

Yeah, alot of people denied that. It has been deemed impossible to compare tribes from two separate worlds, too many factors to take into account, players were different, different circumstances...

Yet another player not knowing what they were talking about. CTRL were tearing through enemies (by nobling) ridiculously fast. When they quit they had more control over the world than DNY even though they were in a much harder world with more active players and that was proved by them having a much larger OD rating than DNY. The accounts were given to new owners who then split up and made their own tribe. CTRL won world 10 and now world 10 is a fight to see who will win it this time. It has been given a second chance for another winner to take it. If CTRL carried on I think it's highly possible they would have won before DYN or they would be close now.

twenty-five

http://en12.twmaps.org/archive/1277531525
http://en12.twmaps.org/archive/1277617949

Check those 2 where DNY managed to get a continent and a half of villages in one day, well done DNY. (far right middle)

http://en12.twmaps.org/archive/1268790916
http://en12.twmaps.org/archive/1269309414

Far more impressive. DNY manage to take around 15 continents in a few days.

I could keep going. But there we go.

The 2nd was a break off group rejoining (i.e. members who left returning)... Looking beyond the maps is useful.

Yet another player not knowing what they were talking about. CTRL were tearing through enemies (by nobling) ridiculously fast. When they quit they had more control over the world than DNY even though they were in a much harder world with more active players and that was proved by them having a much larger OD rating than DNY. The accounts were given to new owners who then split up and made their own tribe. CTRL won world 10 and now world 10 is a fight to see who will win it this time. It has been given a second chance for another winner to take it. If CTRL carried on I think it's highly possible they would have won before DYN or they would be close now.

World 12 - 29.06.10
World 10 - 29.06.10

Just before a mass leaving of CTRL. World 10 looks nothing like won, world 12 is virtually deserted bar DNY.

Last edited:

DeletedUser67005

Are you serious? W10 has never been won. CTRL did well, but they were never the last tribe standing.

Morthy has already said. DNY won first, as much as you think differently.

If CTRL carried on I think it's highly possible they would have won before DYN or they would be close now.

Keyword, "if". They didn't carry on, because they couldn't, or else they would have.

DeletedUser

http://en12.twmaps.org/archive/1277531525
http://en12.twmaps.org/archive/1277617949

Check those 2 where DNY managed to get a continent and a half of villages in one day, well done DNY. (far right middle)

http://en12.twmaps.org/archive/1268790916
http://en12.twmaps.org/archive/1269309414

Far more impressive. DNY manage to take around 15 continents in a few days.

I could keep going. But there we go.

In all those maps you posted the world had been long decided. You must not be reading my posts as I have pointed out before the CoDuke of DNY broke away from DNY forming END and later came back. There was talk of disbanding DNY to avoid these exact discussions we are having today and finishing the world as END. We changed our mind and merged them back together.

LMAO, REALLY???? Sean you do not even know the history of your own world! When CTRL died they might have owned 1/2 of the world. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Are you serious? W10 has never been won. CTRL did well, but they were never the last tribe standing.

Morthy has already said. DNY won first, as much as you think differently.

Keyword, "if". They didn't carry on, because they couldn't, or else they would have.

They could have carried on. I have had this argument in world 10 coming from the same angle as you when I seen evidence of CTRL taking hundreds of villages within a co-ordinated time frame I realised they truly were the best tribe ever to play this game. They didn't want to waste another year or so finishing a world they had already won. They passed out there accounts to old players from this world who are still playing today but they are not as skilled.

They had 10 times harder opponents, there opponents would not merge into them even if CTRL wanted them too. That's the difference and that's why CTRL were declared winners of world 10 by most players who know much about this game a long time ago. I did not like CTRL nor did I think they won at the time but the truth is they did win world 10 a long time ago.

DeletedUser

World 12 - 29.06.10
World 10 - 29.06.10

Just before a mass leaving of CTRL. World 10 looks nothing like won, world 12 is virtually deserted bar DNY.

CTRL was gone long before the mass-leaving. New players were found for the CTRL accounts. You have to go back to 2009 for the original CTRL..

World 10: http://en10.twmaps.org/archive/1262309825
World 12: http://en12.twmaps.org/archive/1262309826

First day of this year. CTRL had about 20k more villages than DNY with less members. They were truly better than DNY and nobody could argue at the time that they were winners of the world. So they were kind of crowned winners then and they made an agreement to all leave the world and gave their accounts to players they had previously rimmed.

Ray Joakim

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Actually, one could easily argue with that. More villages does not mean more dominance. BORG, DDB & TUBA are still there, with very developed clusters. In those maps, it's clear to see that w10 still had far to go (and still does). However, in the w12 map, DNY's dominance spans from end to end, with small pockets of remaining resistance, a clear sign of DNY's progress.

DeletedUser

Actually, one could easily argue with that. More villages does not mean more dominance. BORG, DDB & TUBA are still there, with very developed clusters. In those maps, it's clear to see that w10 still had far to go (and still does). However, in the w12 map, DNY's dominance spans from end to end, with small pockets of remaining resistance, a clear sign of DNY's progress.

It just shows it takes less work to win world 12 due to mass inactivity. World 10 everyone was so active players would be fully nobled before turning barb if they went inactive and all frontline villages were under pressure.

To have 20K more villages than you and still have a long way to go it proves world 10 was a lot moe active than world 12.

twenty-five

CTRL was gone long before the mass-leaving. New players were found for the CTRL accounts. You have to go back to 2009 for the original CTRL..

World 10: http://en10.twmaps.org/archive/1262309825
World 12: http://en12.twmaps.org/archive/1262309826

First day of this year. CTRL had about 20k more villages than DNY with less members. They were truly better than DNY and nobody could argue at the time that they were winners of the world. So they were kind of crowned winners then and they made an agreement to all leave the world and gave their accounts to players they had previously rimmed.

My point still stands, DNY had better domination of their world even at that point. Your claim was that CTRL would have beaten DNY to finishing their world, I counter claimed CTRL's world never looked won, and provided evidence. You are now claiming nobody can argue CTRL won their world, from the map you linked to (and bare in mind I never played world 10, nor have I ever had an in-depth look at it) CTRL don't even have 50% domination whereas DNY do, which to me is prerequisite to even being able to mount a claim you've won a world - that you own half of it. So relative to their world, which is all we have to go on, DNY were closer to winning it and your initial argument has been proven incorrect.

You said:

I refer in particular to the bolded sections of the above quote. Both have been shown to be wrong.

DeletedUser

My point still stands, DNY had better domination of their world even at that point. Your claim was that CTRL would have beaten DNY to finishing their world, I counter claimed CTRL's world never looked won, and provided evidence. You are now claiming nobody can argue CTRL won their world, from the map you linked to (and bare in mind I never played world 10, nor have I ever had an in-depth look at it) CTRL don't even have 50% domination whereas DNY do, which to me is prerequisite to even being able to mount a claim you've won a world - that you own half of it. So relative to their world, which is all we have to go on, DNY were closer to winning it and your initial argument has been proven incorrect.

More control over the world = more villages. Just with world 12 a lot of tthose villages were barbarian so it makes DNY look more powerful than they were.

CTRL were nobling a lot more villages everyday than DNY although having less members to noble those villages. Without recruitment in either world CTRL would have been first to finish.

DeletedUser

It just shows it takes less work to win world 12 due to mass inactivity. World 10 everyone was so active players would be fully nobled before turning barb if they went inactive and all frontline villages were under pressure.

To have 20K more villages than you and still have a long way to go it proves world 10 was a lot moe active than world 12.

Wrong, it proves the lack of aggresiveness that W10 had. On W10 players nobled and developed barbs and were far more compact than W12. All of the outer tribes hugged each other which allowed them to develop their continents. I left w10 because I got tired of nobling inactives and barbs since there were rarely ever any wars. CTRL knock out an opponite, eat off their villages for days, and then brag about all the caps that they had. In DNY we warred someone into submission, let them delete, and move on to someone else. In DNY we would go right after the strength of our opponites, the leaders and their biggest players. Once we had them knocked out then the tribe would crumble.

More control over the world = more villages. Just with world 12 a lot of tthose villages were barbarian so it makes DNY look more powerful than they were.

CTRL were nobling a lot more villages everyday than DNY although having less members to noble those villages. Without recruitment in either world CTRL would have been first to finish.

Again, you are wrong. The reason why CTRL had more villages in a condensed area because they took the time to noble and build those baby barbs and they allowed the outer tribes to do the same. Use the guest access on W12 and look at the maps. When we knocked out CCE in K25 the continent was a mess of baby barbs and you will find that in almost all the continents. While on W10 those baby barbs got nobled and built up.

twenty-five

More control over a world does not mean more villages. It means more villages relative to the villages that other tribes have, in which case DNY beat CTRL hands down. Control means percentage of the world. Without recruitment both tribes would have 1 member, so that's not a very sensible thing to try and argue now is it?

Ofcourse the last statement was sarcastic, but again it is not something you know for a fact. It is merely speculation. That did not happen, both tribes recruited - infact CTRL had 310 different members whereas DNY only had 301, so DNY win there.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Would the two of you doubters just get lost and worry about your own worlds. It really doesn't matter what you think, or what kind of stats you pull up and how you try to twist them to suit some strange view you have. DNY was, is, and always will be an amazing tribe. We are one of the best that has been, or ever will, if not the best. We have won this world. It's done. So nothing you say changes it, and it won't change the fact we are the 1st. So say congradulations and piss off. If you put as much time into you own world maybe you can close it that much faster.

-Have a great day.

DeletedUser

Wrong, it proves the lack of aggresiveness that W10 had. On W10 players nobled and developed barbs and were far more compact than W12. All of the outer tribes hugged each other which allowed them to develop their continents. I left w10 because I got tired of nobling inactives and barbs since there were rarely ever any wars. CTRL knock out an opponite, eat off their villages for days, and then brag about all the caps that they had. In DNY we warred someone into submission, let them delete, and move on to someone else. In DNY we would go right after the strength of our opponites, the leaders and their biggest players. Once we had them knocked out then the tribe would crumble.

Again, you are wrong. The reason why CTRL had more villages in a condensed area because they took the time to noble and build those baby barbs and they allowed the outer tribes to do the same. Use the guest access on W12 and look at the maps. When we knocked out CCE in K25 the continent was a mess of baby barbs and you will find that in almost all the continents. While on W10 those baby barbs got nobled and built up.

I give you that world 10 did have less small barbs but it was due to the activity. I see you nobled a few of the 100 point barbs in world 10 yourself and you lost villages to die., shini and T-CREW before getting internaly nobled from your tribe. If they were attacking you then the world was active enough to continue playing. You obviously quit for a different reason. I don't know, they didn't seem skilled enough to beat you but it was nothing to do with barbs.

There is no denying frontlines on world 10 were more difficult than those on world 12.

More control over a world does not mean more villages. It means more villages relative to the villages that other tribes have, in which case DNY beat CTRL hands down. Control means percentage of the world. Without recruitment both tribes would have 1 member, so that's not a very sensible thing to try and argue now is it?

Ofcourse the last statement was sarcastic, but again it is not something you know for a fact. It is merely speculation. That did not happen, both tribes recruited - infact CTRL had 310 different members whereas DNY only had 301, so DNY win there.

I have just done a list myself usin computer tools so theres no way I could fix it. It came out with both tribes having 302 players. The reason for this is CTRL were set up as people spawned on the rim. This means they were bound to have a lot more tribe changes as most players quit if they don't get a good start or whatever. DNY started later on in the world when all the premades where in the process of going inactive (premades controlled most of the core)

DeletedUser

I give you that world 10 did have less small barbs but it was due to the activity. I see you nobled a few of the 100 point barbs in world 10 yourself and you lost villages to die., shini and T-CREW before getting internaly nobled from your tribe. If they were attacking you then the world was active enough to continue playing. You obviously quit for a different reason. I don't know, they didn't seem skilled enough to beat you but it was nothing to do with barbs.

There is no denying frontlines on world 10 were more difficult than those on world 12.

You do realise that there is almost no way to compare them. There are so many different factors that its impossible.
How do you know that they wern't easier because DNY dealt with their enemies better than anyone on W10
How do you know that DNY had managed to destroy the good players early on and therefore it was easier later in the game because it was harder at the start for them.
How do you know that DNY never had huge frontline because as they have already said they forced their enemy to support the frontline then attacked them long deep in their own K, which keeps the frontline moving and stops there being a stalemate.

I have just done a list myself usin computer tools so theres no way I could fix it. It came out with both tribes having 302 players. The reason for this is CTRL were set up as people spawned on the rim. This means they were bound to have a lot more tribe changes as most players quit if they don't get a good start or whatever. DNY started later on in the world when all the premades where in the process of going inactive (premades controlled most of the core)

So was CTRL a premade then? if people quit because they didnt start in the right place. If so then CTRL should have less tribe changes as from the start they should have a good number of skilled and dedicated players unlike other tribes which have to recruit people and hope that they dont quit and are good. So really CTRL should have less tribe changes.

DeletedUser

So was CTRL a premade then? if people quit because they didnt start in the right place. If so then CTRL should have less tribe changes as from the start they should have a good number of skilled and dedicated players unlike other tribes which have to recruit people and hope that they dont quit and are good. So really CTRL should have less tribe changes.

I didn't once say CTRL were a premade. I said they started on the rim. I don't think I said anything about players quitting if they are not in the right place and I think you need to re-read what I wrote.

DeletedUser

I didn't once say CTRL were a premade. I said they started on the rim. I don't think I said anything about players quitting if they are not in the right place and I think you need to re-read what I wrote.

Well you did say players quit if they didnt get a good start and i thought you meant that as a good starting place as im sure DNY will have had a similar problem when people give up as thats what happens later in the game.

You could have just said at the start that the reason DNY won so quickly is it was set at speed :2

DeletedUser

awwww, you looked me up. I lost 1 isolated village to Die., and it was a crappy one, the rest of the ennoblements were after I had quit and I was gifting my villages out. I had quit W10 because I was bored with it and found W12 to be more fun since the tribes in W12 actually warred each other. I may have nobled a small barb or 2 because most of the time I spent on W10 my map was solid blue.

The only reason why CTRL's frontlines were more difficult is because they let the world hug before they started taking on the rim tribes. You keep claiming W10 had more activity when I know for a fact it did not. Players kept quitting left and right to boredom and that would leave the rest of the tribe nobling them up. You look up all the famous tribes of W10 all through history and you will find a crapload in internal noblings. On w12 we never gave tribes that chance to grow fat on barbs and noobs.