WICKED is the slimiest of them all

DeletedUser

This message is more just to guage opinion than anything else. This game has many elements and propoganda is one of those. I have employed this in the past and will probably do so again. The only real problem with this is that once i get to know a player in person i cannot continue lying to and deceiving them. Maybe this is a flaw in me that prevents truly ruthless playing, however, i just simply can't break my nature and manipulate, deceive and backstab a player i have personally gotten to know and even been friendly with. I feel this is normal in human relations and even common but it seems not to be universal.

Over the last 3 months since i began playing this amazing game i have gotten to know many wonderful and interesting people, both game friendlies and enemies. Good relationships have grown no matter what side we have been playing on. Through this a level of trust between two people develops and i like this side of TW very much.

Such was the case between myself and two Duke's of the tribe WICKED. Well one current and one former. The current one being Eira Nemonie aka Christine and the former OBFuSCate aka Michael. Through many, many conversations on MSN i thought i had developed a good relationship with both although this has waxed and waned, primarily because time and time again they had subtly taken advantage of what i thought was a friendship. I must call myself stupid for not realising the true nature of these people until now, for it seems they can feign friendship for entire conversations and even for months before manipulating/editing MSN conversations and attempting to use them against me with my tribe. I am quite blown away by this sort of deceitful behaviour and i am wondering if this is normal for the game. Or do most people play with some sort of honour and morality?

Don't get me wrong my tribe is not losing players because of it or anything and i am not crying becasue of any damage being done, i am just alerting the community to the real nature of these people and wondering if this is normal or aberrant behaviour for TW.

cheers

fireyflame

DeletedUser71940

Yeah... It's pretty normal :icon_wink: but most still remain friends even after all the PnP :lol:

Shlomzi

The only thing in TW I will not do is backstab.

To be honest, I'll do pretty much anything else - it's all part of the game and politics of the game really, but backstabbing is just something I can never bring myself to do.

Rvglos

I think Pnp is a part of the game which is of use and fun to use. I will say that all is fair in love and war, but if you are considered as a friend then there has to come a point where manipulation stops.

I guess for some people that point id further away then others

DeletedUser

I can't

:icon_evil:I can backstab people if they never help me. For example paddy1230 invited me to a tribe when i was new, and now i wont attak him...I wish i could backstab people though...:villagers::villagers::villagers::villagers::villagers::axemen::axemen::axemen::axemen::axemen::swordsman::swordsman::swordsman::swordsman::swordsman::snob::snob::snob::snob::snob::heavycavalry::heavycavalry::heavycavalry::heavycavalry::heavycavalry::scout::scout::scout::scout::scout:

Faetzy

Well, regarding Backstabbing i've had my fairshare, however that's what speed does to you ;( turns you into a backstabber, espcially with Nme~N@me (Grant/ Unsure of his name) & Miggy, as my main speed tutors. However i never backstab on slow worlds, as too much time and effort goes into slow world, compared to a few hours in speed.

DeletedUser

You had been duke of one of the biggest mass recruiting tribes in the world, and still are, with over 300 members and controlling only one K.

You abandoned many of your lower pointed members, changed your tribe name, and telling us we could noble them because if we didnt you guys would get to them anyways. Fair game, so we did.

Then, you went back on your word saying you never told us we could attack them. If our old duke, Mike, had been here, he would be able to post the exact messages for evidence. Unfortunatly because of his RL job, he has left us, like you said in your message. There were many other instances where you contradicted yourself or went back on your word as well.

Many of our members had incomings from yours, you brought this upon yourself. And for a long time we wondered whether the rest of your tribe should suffer for your poor leadership.

Well, looks like the decision has been made, hasnt it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm just making my way through my first ever game of TW, there is no need to criticise me for my playing style really because it is ever-changing at the moment as i learn the nuances of how to play, build, fight, lead etc

there are a few things wrong with your post, firstly, most of it is untrue. Secondly, is mass recruiting a crime? Maybe it has disadvantages but these are just problems for me and the tribe are they not. Or is there some sort of sin attached as you seem to present it? I happen to think that the prime characteristic of this world is the massive 500 member tribal limit, which, if it can be handled effectively through leadership, can be an advantage and indeed the exact advantage required to win the game. If my approach of empowering individuals in the tribe proves to work, then a tribe can be functional at 500 members efficiently, and if so, this is the way to win on this particular world. Sure there are problems with spies and disjointed activity, but over time these will be ironed out, if we have the time to get there that is.

And finally what decision is it that has been made Michael?

DeletedUser

The fact remains youre losing a war in K16 to 10-20 people, and you have over 300... You cant expect us to let you post something like that and just accept it, especially when its wrong, can you? People that post lies to try and ruin another tribe's reputation, is pretty darn low.

And yes, mass recruiting is fixable through a strong leadership: dismissing the inactives, internal nobling, etc. which I havent seen happen to you guys at all. But then again, most people dont recruit every single person in a K regardless of their points, which can make it considerably harder to do. Everyone starts out new sometime, yes, and mistakes dont go unnoticed, especially in a game like this. Maybe if you had handled the situation better with us, you might have had a better reputation among WICKED.

You say my post is untrue, and yet you have no evidence to show why. If I really wanted I could ask one of my dukes to look around for those pieces of evidence showing you contradicting yourself, but meh, dont feel like it much.

And for the record, Im not Michael. If he posted here it would be under obfuscate, not mqwts. :|

DeletedUser

for a long time we wondered whether the rest of your tribe should suffer for your poor leadership.

Well, looks like the decision has been made, hasnt it?

that's the decision fireyflame

good luck for both tribes, and have fun.

DeletedUser74417

I'm not even sure why I am taking the time to respond to this but as it involves me directly, I felt my presence was required. I do not claim to be fireyflames friend. I am the Dutchess of WICKED therfor had to speak with him Dutchess to Duke. Everything I gave to his tribe members was complete fact and backed up with proof. Ask any of his members to check out the tribal overview and see that Pete invite our Duke into his tribe. Not only did he invite him in but he (the duke) gave Obfuscate an account sit.

This allowed for us to see directly into his mails and hidden forums which Pete was well aware could happen, comprimising his tribe. This also can be proven as Obfuscate emailed me from Fireflames account. Lies? None. Proof.. indeed.

You may think by bringing my name into the externals could help your reputation, Pete.
My personal opinion is that it is truely pathetic.

DeletedUser

My turn. I was there in the MSN chats that have been mentioned and have my own copy of them. I also have seen many players leave SYNRG due to their lack of faith in their leader, fireyflame.

Don't get me wrong my tribe is not losing players because of it...
Lie. I know because I sent the invites.

...manipulating/editing MSN conversations...
Lie. I have my copies and they match.

...i am not crying becasue of any damage being done...
Lie. That's exactly what this post from you is.

I'll not go much further into this as there is little to no point, but when the Duke of another tribe calls my Duchess names and mentions how much he would like to "penetrate" her in real life to her face/in chat (an offer she adamantly declined)....I'm not going to sit around and let it continue, and neither will the rest of WICKED.

You talk of honor and morality as if you know what they mean. Well, we'll show you honor on the battlefield as we whittle away your villages and ensure your experience in W37 is not a pleasant one because, morally-speaking, Pete, you are bankrupt.

Last edited by a moderator:

obfuscate

I have never been a fan of posting things on the externals, it often shows how foolish people can be. But, to present fireyflame in a proper atmosphere, how could I resist?

Before I go any further, allow me to make the in game msn connection.
MSN = TW Name (Rank)
Pete = fireyflame (Duke of syrng)
Michael = OBFuSCaTe (Former Duke of WICKED)
Christine = Eria Nemonie (Duke of WICKED)
Spencer/Dread = Fatalstic Dread (Baron of WICKED)
Josh = Saint Eire (Baron of WICKED)
All of these participants were available for the following conversation, where Pete was so gracious enough to sell out his own tribe JUST after a merge where ~U{}E~ merged into synrg.

A quick overview: The conversation began with Pete asking for an alliance between synrg and WICKED and then at a future date synrg would potentially merge into WICKED. I refused as synrg is a major mass recruiting tribe and we don't need an alliance with them. So... the conversation turned to a NAP and Pete saying he would internal noble most of his members until it became a more reasonable number for a merge... here are copies of this lovely conversation...

- pete says:
9/9 at 0900 server time
- pete says:
we talk again and hopefully i have gotten us ready
- pete says:
100 members only for example
- pete says:
50 of which are worth keeping

*So since he was so willing to internal noble his own members, I wondered, would he let WICKED in on the fun too :) :) :)

- pete says:
you know it will cause the tribe to freak out
- pete says:
but how about on a case by case scenario so i can dismiss them before you start nobling them
- pete says:
so they cant freak in the forum

*Yes, yes, lets hide it... but who can I noble may I ask???

Michael says:
I don't want weak members in my tribe when you merge
- pete says:
i dont want them in there now
so 10k and under

*What's this, I'm only allowed to noble members under 10k, that is it!

- pete says:
you can noble any villas of players under 10k for now

*He repeats it again, I guess 10k it is, they do have one good village... :(

- pete says:
and 10k and under players have one nice village
- pete says:
ok i will go and speak to the few players that matter and get back to you on the exact level we are confortable with ok
- pete says:
but i sense it will have to be 10k at least for the first week
- pete says:
or else mass chaos is going to occur

*I wonder who the few members that actually matter in his tribe are? :p

Oh and Pete, you are right... no members have left your tribe to join WICKED, oh no, that would never happen...

lucipha Left 27th August 2009 - 22:00 127,684
Primodial Left 27th August 2009 - 22:00 226,276
Lauzel Left 27th August 2009 - 22:00 171,072
lauzela Left 27th August 2009 - 22:00 32,427
uzzi Left 27th August 2009 - 22:00 62,563

Nothing like losing 500k worth of points in a matter of seconds...

obfuscate

I'll also post this real quick too...

As the ex-duke of WICKED you would think one would be careful around me... but not fireyflame, whom my former tribe is at war with...

First he invites me into his tribe... uh... what... you... say...

You have been dismissed from the tribe synergy Sep 05,2009 03:05
fireyflame invites you to the tribe 'synergy' Sep 05,2009 02:28

Then he allows me to account sit him, though I of course promised I would not "screw" with his villages/troops.

fireyflame ended your account sitting mode (new) Sep 05,2009 03:59
fireyflame asks you to be his/her account sitter Sep 05,2009 03:52
fireyflame ended your account sitting mode (new) Sep 05,2009 03:52
fireyflame asks you to be his/her account sitter Sep 05,2009 03:42

oh an since you were so gracious about posting this... am I allowed to say you have a maxed out hiding place and what was it... lvl 10 or lvl 15 workshops. What can you say when the Duke of a tribe has a maxed out hiding place and a lvl 10 or 15 workshop?

uh...what...the...n00b

DeletedUser

tbh its all yours fault(english????) that you decided to take the game into your friendship on msn - 1 thing i try not to do is discuss anything to do with games outside of the game - i do want to try and have a real life but i have noticed some points in here where,tbh, you can argue till the cows come home and niether side will admit they lost the argument

@ Eira - that mail you sent to ppl in synrgy was just as lame as all these posts tbh - given time i could have made a more convincing mail as there was nothing in the post to indicate anything other than you had just written it to spread discord
@mqwts000 - the amount of ppl invovled in a war is by no means an excuse to write a post about it, take Insane for example = 84-86 members spread over 3-4 different K's and yet there number 1 on the world - you were big enough to take them on but you didnt and u spread north, why?- u didnt go south because north was easier, again, nothing wrong with that many tribes do it(and plz dont say u had a NAP_see below)
@obfuscate - tbh m8 u cant say anything about internal nobling, i know most tribes do it and tbh if thats their way then thats their way but it has been mentioned on these forums that wicked do tend to internal noble in a big way - mainly inviting ppl to join them and then after a couple of weeks noble them out to the rim
@ fatal - whatever firey said on msn is between you and him and shouldnt really be brought to these forums - omto you mentioning words like honor and morality - i was in UE and back then we had a NAP with wicked which you consistantly broke, for example:-
wicked player - attacks UE with 6 incoming
UE - why is your member attacking some1 from our tribe
wicked - ah sorry we did tell him not to attack but he obv didnt listen, let it go for go now and we'll have a word with
outcome - wicked take the village and convince UE that it was miscommunication and that it wont happen again
1 week later:-
same thing happens
wicked form NAP and allies then break them at their will only to try and convince the opposing tribe it was all a misunderstanding and it wont happen again - sorry fatal but that was your tribes way all through the NAP we had - only diff here is synrgy didnt take to it
unfortunatly this may seem bias against wicked but as i dont know the full story only what is written here i have to base what i know on these facts

DeletedUser

tbh its all yours fault(english????) that you decided to take the game into your friendship on msn - 1 thing i try not to do is discuss anything to do with games outside of the game - i do want to try and have a real life but i have noticed some points in here where,tbh, you can argue till the cows come home and niether side will admit they lost the argument

@ Eira - that mail you sent to ppl in synrgy was just as lame as all these posts tbh - given time i could have made a more convincing mail as there was nothing in the post to indicate anything other than you had just written it to spread discord
@mqwts000 - the amount of ppl invovled in a war is by no means an excuse to write a post about it, take Insane for example = 84-86 members spread over 3-4 different K's and yet there number 1 on the world - you were big enough to take them on but you didnt and u spread north, why?- u didnt go south because north was easier, again, nothing wrong with that many tribes do it(and plz dont say u had a NAP_see below)
@obfuscate - tbh m8 u cant say anything about internal nobling, i know most tribes do it and tbh if thats their way then thats their way but it has been mentioned on these forums that wicked do tend to internal noble in a big way - mainly inviting ppl to join them and then after a couple of weeks noble them out to the rim
@ fatal - whatever firey said on msn is between you and him and shouldnt really be brought to these forums - omto you mentioning words like honor and morality - i was in UE and back then we had a NAP with wicked which you consistantly broke, for example:-
wicked - ah sorry we did tell him not to attack but he obv didnt listen, let it go for go now and we'll have a word with
outcome - wicked take the village and convince UE that it was miscommunication and that it wont happen again
same thing happens
wicked form NAP and allies then break them at their will only to try and convince the opposing tribe it was all a misunderstanding and it wont happen again - sorry fatal but that was your tribes way all through the NAP we had - only diff here is synrgy didnt take to it
unfortunatly this may seem bias against wicked but as i dont know the full story only what is written here i have to base what i know on these facts

Who are you? Are you even in SYNRG? So many things wrong with that post its not even funny.

1- The first thing a tribe does is secure the rim behind them. So why did we go north? Oh yea, to secure the rim behind us. And bud, 1nS4n3 has nothing to do with this, lol. We respect 1nS4n3 and havent had any troubles with them, and why should we?

2- I dont know what youve been reading but I havent seen one post saying that we internal noble tons of people in our tribe. We internal noble people that go inactive... but thats it. Why would we invite someone to our tribe just to noble them?? Seems pointless to me. Maybe you guys should take a look around you and internally noble a couple hundred of your members.

3- If Firey is going to be posting stuff like this on the thread, what doesnt give us the right to prove that what hes saying is completely wrong? Which it is. And bud Ive been in WICKED since like day 5 and never once did I hear about us breaking an NAP with UE.

DeletedUser

same thing happens

When I was in Asylum, UE was easily the worst tribe I had ever seen for breaking NAPs (in any world). I was attacked daily for weeks when every day we were assured it would never happen again and the offending player would be subject to punishment, these are things Fireyflame had told our leaders himself. It never came, I ended up having to noble all the players myself just to get it to stop. So as far as I can see, that argument falls short in defending SYNRG, who are made up of mostly UE members.

DeletedUser

just more of the same guys

i will be mroe careful about who i become friendly with in this game i guess

lesson learned

and michael - i thought you said TW sucks and you are finished with it? Another piece of trickery - i have to admire you for your politicising thats for sure

and i agree with your family - you would have made a great lawyer, as you said

see you guys on the battelfield - not as easy as you think now ey

DeletedUser

Yea, good work.

Side 1:
Tribes: WICKED
Players:
Side 2:
Tribes: SYNRG
Players:
Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 70
Side 2: 26
Difference: 44
image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 436,384
Side 2: 158,732
Difference: 277,652
image.php

Frankly Im surprised you got that many conquers at all. But I suppose when its 300 vs 15 youre bound to get a few.