World 30 Familes

What sort of tribe are you in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

I don't have a problem with family tribes either, but I have yet to be a member of one that worked :) When I was in HOLY on world 20, we joined the round family, a move I was not happy with. I really enjoyed my tribe, as there were several good players that had joined up over time, but never felt that connection to COR. This is pretty much true of any other tribe I have been in that turned into a family.

DeletedUser33413

No,

When i started out i was nieve enough to think that i had the ability to hold the family together so agreed to be part of one....it didnt work which is why i dont think having them early on is a good idea unless it is a pre made.

Ripfin

Why did you hit the delete button if you were doing so well?

because it was becoming boring, nobody bothered me and when I bothered someone they either cried for me to stop or didn't fight back well or kept saying were not concentrating on you right now, or any ole lame excuse, what it comes down to is the world was boring, I accomplished alot but most of the players I knew were gone.

DeletedUser

people like families here cause of the shared forums, and it's not that bad to be in a family.

DeletedUser

also as it goes Family tribes came about in world 2 when the member cap per tribe was greatly reduced from like 200(?) to 80 so tribes who wanted to stick together formed what is called Families

You just gave me the weirdest feeling in the world. I remember when there was no member limit on World 1 :icon_eek: (and I think it got reduced to 500 at first)

And families aren't necessarily bad. It's the fact that it's nearly impossible to find the massive number of players who are able to coordinate with each other to make the family effective. You have to rely on your tribe as a whole to be successful, and if a large chunk of what you're relying on (such as the case with family tribes...even if they're relegated to academies) is inept at actually playing the game, then your tribe will eventually crumble. That doesn't necessarily mean families; it can happen to a 30-member tribe. It's just a whole lot easier for family tribes to fail.

DeletedUser41666

Here's one,

Whats the difference between good allies and a family tribe? (other than the ovbious naming, ect)

Both are two indivual tribes, both have their own leaders, both have pretty much the same diplomacy*.

When family tribes are done right, each indivual duke will have 80% controll on his tribe. He will be inchage of everything to do with running the tribe, with only diplomacy shared between two.

W23, Test/What alliance. They are an example, they left due to something or other (I can't remember. I'd already left) They were two sperate tribes with different leadership, yet when I was there, I decided it was basically a family tribe, we shared one skype chat room. They worked really well together, and held a fair bit of the core (Map here for those interested)**

* family tribes will have one shared diplomacy, good allies make their own relations, but if they are good allies, they will not make conflicting diplomacy, meaining in the end there diplomacy lists will be the same.

** Don't turn this into a disscussion about what/test. I was only using them as an example.

DeletedUser

I tend to use these as a guideline:

Normal tribe - no extremely close allies, fair amount of diplomacy.

'Elite' (for want of a better word) tribe - no diplomacy.

True family tribe - 2 or more tribes, similar name, exact same diplomacy with no other alliances (can have NAP's).

Poor family tribe - 2 or more tribes, similar name, exact same diplomacy with other alliances.

Allies - 2 tribes (no more or it becomes a family) who are allies whom also have other alliances.

I can't think of any better definitions to be honest.

DeletedUser41666

'Elite' (for want of a better word) tribe - no diplomacy.

I can't think of any better definitions to be honest.

The so called 'Elite' tribes, usually always are made up from the same members, maybe 150 - 200, and some of them, once you've been in a few, you've played with most of them. So when two 'Elite' tribes (I.E What and Test) join a world. They would be unlikely to war anyway, ofc there are exceptions to this, however generally, they would be unlikely to. Usually a NAP/Alliance, or sometimes nothing, as they are too far apart to matter.

DeletedUser

Its funny how people fight if Families will prevail, or if they will perish.

In my opinion Family tribes are good if they are ruled by leaders who make every single rule they put to life.
I have been in families all my Tw life, and let me tell you, the most of the time they don't fail, because they are run by good leaders.

I think there is a lot of future for the Kraken Family, as Im the leader of it, and I can say I have a fantastic leadership at the moment.

DeletedUser

Yeah I know. But most of the 'elite' tribes say they do not do diplomacy. What I am saying is they are not as 'elite' as they may think if they do. If you are so good at the game, you wouldn't let worlds interfere with one another- that can be very costly.

Lolwholikeme, sounding pretty confident. My first advice to you is to not put yourself onto the radar of people who dislike family tribes (90% of forum users).

DeletedUser

"elite tribe" anyone from w15 would be able to name them there, but my I wouldn't say elites have no alliances, Im in the world 15 elite tribe, and im going toi have one here, but as said above, you play in one or two elite tribes and you know everybody who participates in them, thats why alot of these other so called 'elite' tribes have us marked as 'friendlys'(no real diplomacy just friends). But take word 15 for example:

Scion formed, becomes close allie of sadistic pleasure(even to the point of changing name to sadistic scion). the two tribes then pissed off over 6 tribes, however both tribes had other alliances, in the end scion merghed into allies, and has now reformed and is in another 2 vs 5 situation, its partly to do with us having big mouths! but elite tribes have diplomacy usally, there just far less dependant on it, and don't bost whos there best friend on there profile or in the world forums, there just there and each tribe knows one another will help out!!!

ali

DeletedUser

So ali, what makes 'elite' tribes different then normal tribes? They have bigger ego's? Or don't understand the value of alliances? Elite suggests you are better than other people, hence being the same as everybody else is not being elite.

You've practically called yourself an elite family..

DeletedUser

So ali, what makes 'elite' tribes different then normal tribes? They have bigger ego's? Or don't understand the value of alliances? Elite suggests you are better than other people, hence being the same as everybody else is not being elite.

no an elite tribe knows the value of an alliance but doesnt need to rely on an ally. many tribes aim for an alliance either seeing them as a potential threat or someone they will work well with. usualy its the first choice.

elite tribes dont need their allies to back them up and can get the job done. if at times their coordinating togethor and attacking the same tribes togethor then they would be a family tribe.unbless of course they were both provoked into the atack then its just working togethor for the same goal

a perfect example would be kinky/fenx in w24 they always go to war togethor and seem to be a family tribeeven though its nothin official. allies are the same and enimies aswell.

personally when i am duke i have no diplomacy on my k of interest. as i grow larger i may search for an ally in another k nearby that i do not wish to inhabit so that i have no worries coming from that direction and i can push in a solid direction to suit my goals

DeletedUser33413

I dont know what you will think to this but i dont think you can make an elite tribe from scratch.

The members of an elite tribe are few and far between as it has allready been pointed out. I will use Storm on world 17 asmy example. They have 38 members but they own nearly 2 continents now becuase they went to war with the rank 3 tribe and are basically destroying them.

Now the same game fundamentals are needed in an Elite tribe. Being close to each other would obivously be better for supporting one another, I think Elite tribes are generally set up a fw months into the game when the best members of a few tribes (normally core tribes) get bored or dont agree wth what their leaders are doing and simply form their own tribe, they may even be whats left in a major war and decide to play for fun.

Very few elite tribes play seriously i think, mostly its jsut good moral that makesa tribe great. If you want to win normally you will.

Also the difference between a close alliance and a family is that they can think seperatly if they choose to. I also think there is more respect between the leaders and there is more discussion as opposed to justthe leaders of one tribe giving orders out. Basically you askfor help or give a time to attack and the other tribe does it how they want to do it.

Some things will require more work obivously, but strong alliances only last if the peopleare genuinly friends with each other.

DeletedUser

elite = a tribe with no extra baggage

such as in most 'normal tribes' you have exceptional players, but you also have inactives/ semi actives and those that in a war don't get involved but are there to have protection from the good players. This means an elite tribe has no better players, but usally has a small number of mebers and everybody in the tribe gets involved! Im not saying on an indavidual basis the players are better, but that there is no excess baggage! Im nowhere near as good a player as some, but Im prepared to put my villages on the line and im active. Do you see my point?

~ALI

DeletedUser

Yeah, that's probably a better way to describe it :)
I still do believe that to be truly an elite tribe you must be capable of surviving alone without any alliances/NAP's. Imo there are very few tribes that can do that, many of the tribe's who are classified as elite I wouldn't agree - yes, they are good but not amazing.

DeletedUser

Yeah, that's probably a better way to describe it :)
I still do believe that to be truly an elite tribe you must be capable of surviving alone without any alliances/NAP's. Imo there are very few tribes that can do that, many of the tribe's who are classified as elite I wouldn't agree - yes, they are good but not amazing.

Lol, impossible. No tribe can survive without diplomacy. Diplomacy is key. Even the rank #1 tribe needs some diplomacy. Sure, you can be restrictive, but having no diplomacy does not make you elite, it makes you incompetent.

By your classification therefore, there are no such things as elite tribes.

And on the topic of families, its just a stigma associated with them. Ppl feel threatened by the overwhelming numbers that a family possesses compared to a single tribe, hence why families are unpopular. Its not cause they are bad, its because (assuming the family functions as well as any good tribe) they are TOO good. If you have 10 equally skilled players versus 20 equally skilled players, who wins? The one with more numbers. Hence, families have an advantage. You've just got to filter the noobs out of a family though. And when I say noobs, I mean incompetent players, not ppl who are considered militarily weak (some of the best leaders in W14 had around 60K points only :icon_eek:)

Adellion
Diplomat for WORD

DeletedUser

Lol, impossible. No tribe can survive without diplomacy. Diplomacy is key. Even the rank #1 tribe needs some diplomacy. Sure, you can be restrictive, but having no diplomacy does not make you elite, it makes you incompetent.

By your classification therefore, there are no such things as elite tribes.

And on the topic of families, its just a stigma associated with them. Ppl feel threatened by the overwhelming numbers that a family possesses compared to a single tribe, hence why families are unpopular. Its not cause they are bad, its because (assuming the family functions as well as any good tribe) they are TOO good. If you have 10 equally skilled players versus 20 equally skilled players, who wins? The one with more numbers. Hence, families have an advantage. You've just got to filter the noobs out of a family though. And when I say noobs, I mean incompetent players, not ppl who are considered militarily weak (some of the best leaders in W14 had around 60K points only :icon_eek:)

Adellion
Diplomat for WORD

20 skilled players is useless unless you have a good leader pointing them at the right direction. You guys are leaving out the most important person in the tribe. The LEADER, is the one who fails or passes the tribe not just diplomacy.