World 50 Endgame

DeletedUser

My Lords know what they are doing. Why should they have to stop nobling noobs just because they join GHS? Terms are very important - just to say 'don't attack each other' is not enough.

Subwind

A. if someone unleashed hell then ran to hide, it would not work, for hell would be returned before they joined, or it would easily be seen for what it was,, a dorky move not legitimate to the spirit of the ceasefire.

B. Of course terms will be broken, because the true nature of creating terms is to set up failure,, its a lawyer trick , and if the 'barb rule' for example werent there, it would not create tension. The odd thing is, what is ODA worried about to feel the need to create terms?

C. Every time 'terms' get introduced in the simple concept of a ceasefire, it introduces a slew of new elements to complicate the whole affair. And leads to unnecessary tensions.

D. and since there over 100 'outsiders' , then the 'extension tribe' (Av3n) should naturally be included, as far as common sense, but lawyer contract legal schmeegal manufacturing has already begun tying the hands of the already disadvantaged. again, i dont see the point.

E. Making 'laws & terms' also produces opportunities for some who love to capitalize on legal loopholes or sabotage efforts to try their hand at it. if it were a simple straight forward agreement, this would not be in play. the dorks would be spotted and dealt with by both parties (GHS & ODA)

The spirit of the ceasefire appeared to serve the desires of the majority of both parties ( ODA and outsiders) , introduce laws to break, and it will become a somewhat oppressive experience for both parties. if not oppressive, than more stressful, and less effective to achieve the goal.

I think you missed the point of the agreement. Everything laid out in the agreement was done in a way that would benefit my own tribe, first and foremost. I am not silly, the game is not played with axes and nobles, it is played with planning and manipulation.

The reason I offered the terms was to speed up endgame. When I made the offer, there were 262 players on world 50, far from the under 200 for cheaper nobles. ODA had 51% of the villages and GHS had around 12%, again far away from endgame scenario.

After accepting my agreement and terms, endgame has started, restarts are therefore off, and we have 197 players at last count.

So in one week after this agreement, both my goals have been achieved.

As a leader of a tribe, why would I ever put anything in place that did not benefit my own tribe first? That is like knowing the numbers to the lottery, but giving them to someone else and hoping they share the winnings with you.

Of course, GHS does benefit from this aswell, provided they stick to the guidelines, they get 6 weeks to do some hard schooling and we have a great battle at the end.

However, in under 24 hours, they have already had many rule breakers, and things will only get worse. Since the ceasefire at 1200 yesterday, they nobled 46 barbs. 11% of these were in breach of the terms. One player, REX I, nobled 5 barbs and 4 were near on touching ODA players. For people like this guy, clearly he has no intention of doing anything on the game other than whatever he wants to do to benefit himself.

These terms will show these players up for this. Those who want to be part of a team will do their best to stick to the rules. Sadly, if these players were good as part of a team, they would have been a long time ago.

Remember, the first rule of leadership is to look after your own team above anything else.

The second rule of leadership is to make all enemies believe you are thinking of them first.

~Matt

DeletedUser

Fairness of terms to accomplish a shared goal of optimizing the field , can be considered important.
Realistic approaches to yield the boon of the goal is desirable.
The odds of my prophecies manifesting are high in this case, we shall see.

DeletedUser

Indeed Subwind, due to your wise leadership and these sorts of tactics throughout the game history, you have accomplished a grand scale advantage , have well looked after your tribes interests, and even share a kings advise for the budding chief to heed, all commendable to high honorable degrees . And so i beg to understand why the need of the perks of terms 3 and 5 ?
In one sense the contract may have motivated a surge in GHS growth , which is the mutual goal,
and yet having accomplished that, the need to gain some advantage above the large advantage already clear ,even in 6 weeks under optimum conditions available for the GHS and those who may yet join them, seems a bit overkillish and potentially scrambles the effort.

It being endgame, and a pan-willed merging for the finale, it may deserve a different approach than usual fare, ? , is not term making to gain a subtle advantage and somewhat subtly hijack the other tribes effort normally the goal? Perhaps its not needed in this case , being that its already high odds against the few strong outsiders and the rag tag group of stragglers and single townies and noobs , at best , if they manage to pull off a team.

Due to respect for your fine and considerate response to my last tirade-like comments, these should be my last on this subject, but i would beg an end to 3. & 5. (terms) for the sake of fairness, and beauty ..of what could be, for the artistry in your own spirit that created the '6 weeks to let the rag tag group assemble' idea
,, and the challenge that without 3. and 5. we see if the new tribe can be formed to take you out or not.

You had insisted that it was not possible, even with your generous offer.

Will you let the rag tags flounder as they will and let them join GHS in their time, or consider letting these few village owners try to gain a barb town or two extra in their,,(what must seem pathetic to you) bid to prepare for war with the mighty ODA empire?

~Axo~

DeletedUser

Why is it that whenever Axo posts, I feel crushed by the weight of his words? There never seems anything to say in reply.

DeletedUser

i think there is a compliment in there, thank you Mahrek,, although the question possibly invites flames, i offer my assessment ,, Sincerity.

DeletedUser

It was half-meant that way, you are very good at writing large quantities! You'd make a good prophet.

DeletedUser95452

Why is it that whenever Axo posts, I feel crushed by the weight of his words? There never seems anything to say in reply.

I thought your goal for comming back was to make your Lords less bored

mj04f4.jpg

I think logging in here seeing that view will make you Lords more bored indeed.

DeletedUser

Because at least 90% of what he types are unnecessary words...

DeletedUser

I thought your goal for comming back was to make your Lords less bored

mj04f4.jpg

I think logging in here seeing that view will make you Lords more bored indeed.

I'm sorry my Lord, I was simply trying to liven up the forums.

Soberknight

please help me Mr Mahrek. Why o why Mr do you remind me of that nice Gimp in Pulp fiction?

He is also very willing towards his master, perhaps thats it? Or maybe its his choice of clothing?:lol:

tumblr_lc30jvzzBK1qe0eclo1_500.gif

DeletedUser

please help me Mr Mahrek. Why o why Mr do you remind me of that nice Gimp in Pulp fiction?

He is also very willing towards his master, perhaps thats it? Or maybe its his choice of clothing?:lol:

tumblr_lc30jvzzBK1qe0eclo1_500.gif

It is probably the former, Sir Sober; my usual choice of clothes is a robe, cloak and sandals, all I need to walk and spread my master's message.

DeletedUser

Just a thought... calling for a ceasefire as a way to divide and conquer strikes me as a laughable fallacy, for they were divided to begin with.

How suggesting and agreeing to a ceasefire caused the endgame to hasten into being seems a bizarre delusion .

Since nothing about the ceasefire hastened endgame, a 6 week semi vacation and then engaging a final war would seem appealing even to the jaded warrior, and endgame would have for once have been worthy of a fine tale to appreciate for winner and loser alike.

Subwind

Just a thought... calling for a ceasefire as a way to divide and conquer strikes me as a laughable fallacy, for they were divided to begin with.

How suggesting and agreeing to a ceasefire caused the endgame to hasten into being seems a bizarre delusion .

Since nothing about the ceasefire hastened endgame, a 6 week semi vacation and then engaging a final war would seem appealing even to the jaded warrior, and endgame would have for once have been worthy of a fine tale to appreciate for winner and loser alike.

Allowing them all to merge caused endgame in effect. We have since removed around 50 players from the world. Nobles will be cheaper soon. This would have been months away had we not caused the merge.

~Matt

DeletedUser

how does that work? its a bold statement i see no reasoning to qualify it,, merging did not lower the population,.. the truth then must be some of your members essentially didn't agree with the concept of ceasefire, merge, and final war. its okay to admit that ;) ,, or else continue to believe some half complete merge somehow lowered the population to spark endgame, and it was all your doing,,but it seems self deluded visions of grander rather than what many see as a cheap move by an honorless leader. no offense intended.

DeletedUser100630

how does that work? its a bold statement i see no reasoning to qualify it,, merging did not lower the population,.. the truth then must be some of your members essentially didn't agree with the concept of ceasefire, merge, and final war. its okay to admit that ;) ,, or else continue to believe some half complete merge somehow lowered the population to spark endgame, and it was all your doing,,but it seems self deluded visions of grander rather than what many see as a cheap move by an honorless leader. no offense intended.

Easy, try to read and understand the game rules especially for winning the world.

DeletedUser

easy, did the partial merge help the poor struggling ODA get those 50 any easier? the concept has me laughing, thanx. What did i miss in the game rules bit that offers an explanation on how the peoples 'agreements' caused endgame?