WWII discussion thread

DeletedUser71940

Same here, although I did find the Russian Revolution quiet interesting as well, there is just too much stuff to remember in the second world war, since the Germans started that one as well, I have troubles remembering some of the stuff and often mix up the different events.

DeletedUser60182

Same here, although I did find the Russian Revolution quiet interesting as well, there is just too much stuff to remember in the second world war, since the Germans started that one as well, I have troubles remembering some of the stuff and often mix up the different events.

I just prefer WWI because its more gritty, plus when I went to the battlefields too.

DeletedUser71940

Oh c'mon world war 1 battlefields? All you had to do was jump over the top, no secret warfare just head on walk into the machine guns or tanks, world war 2 is interesting in a perspective it was unpredictable due to paratroopers, better tanks and planes. The only thing that is awe inspiring about a war is its technology and the WW1 mustard gas didn't appeal to me much :p

DeletedUser

No, this is specifically what happened in WWII:

Germany nobled Poland.

England broke their NAP with Germany.

England and allies defend from Germany, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has loads of rams.

France got nobled.

Japan decided to scout America, thus America set their diplomacy with Japan to Enemy.

America got p****d off, and sent a couple of waves of 10k axeman nukes at them, with 1k catapults for giggles.

America's attacks cut Japan to 90 points.

Germany sends a noble train at Russia, gets loyalty down to 1.

Hitler should have sent 4 nobles, not 3.

Germany send yet another noble train at Russia, only this time he sends 4.

Russia purchases a premium account so they can upgrade more buildings at a time.

Russia builds up troops with their lvl 30 resources and lvl 25 barracks before the noble train can hit again. Walls are upgraded to 20.

Nobles all destroyed, Germany just sends what is left of his troops although it is clear they cannot take Russia.

Eventually troops run out and resources run low for Germany, Russia can produce troops faster due to lvl25 barracks.

Russia, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own nukes to ready for noble trains.

Germany's troops were defeated by the 3 waves of 4 attacks from Russia, Britain and the USA.

Hitler deleted his account...

A little bit of history :) Anyways, why are we all talking about WWII?

DeletedUser71940

The amount of times I saw that abbrevation of the war in TribalWars terms is unbelievable, I can put it in a way that if I got paid a penny for every time I saw it, I'd be millionaire by now.

DeletedUser

The amount of times I saw that abbrevation of the war in TribalWars terms is unbelievable, I can put it in a way that if I got paid a penny for every time I saw it, I'd be millionaire by now.

Lol, if you look at my in-game profile you can have another penny :)

eagleblaze29

I am simply interpreting your comment as it is not entirely clear what you mean, but I take it to mean that you are saying that Germany started WW1 aswell as WW2.

If that is the case then you sir are a fool.

Germany had no involvement in the starting of WW1, WW1 started as a result of 2 small countries (the names of which escape me at this time) going to war, and calling on their respective allies to help them.

The reason that Germany is considered the focal point of WW1 is simply due to the treaty of Versailles, that was intrinsically unfair in the extreme and was placed upon Germany simply as a way to make someone pay for the damage caused by the war and as they were the largest country there was more to gain by punishing them.

If that isn't what you meant then disregard my opening statement however the rest (the history part) is still valid.

-Eagle-

DeletedUser71940

Sigh I am aware that due to the assasination of the Archduke whateverhisname of Austria and Hungary Empire was visiting the serbia when he got assasinated, so Austria + Hungary requested permission to allow entrance of millitary personnel into Serbia, which Serbia declined, causing a beggining of the war. Russia declared on Austria, Germany declared on Russia, France declared on Germany.

Now I want you to recollect back to the Treaty of Versailles, who had to accept the blame for the war?

DeletedUser

"Was it december '41 when it involved the Americans? Somewhere along in 41, Americans are involved and are "Island Hopping" in the Pacific claiming that the Americans are the large attributor to the Hitler's downfall is as ignorant as believeing that elmos are real."

Proto, thanks for saying you are a little vague on the facts. You don't seem to vague on bashing America for the bomb.

If your son/father/brother were to be in the landing party (estimated 1 million lives lost if an invasion) would you have dropped the bomb? My father, and uncle were. And I would have dropped 1000 bombs to save them.

That said, Japan did not surrender after the two bombs were dropped. They surrenderd after Russia destroyed their army in Manchuria.

"Amatures study tactics, Professionals study logistics"

America suppplied itself on a two front war, supplied England, France, and Russia. It took 4 years to beat Hitler with American help. Can you say how long it would have taken without it? Or who the winner would have been?

England and America bombed around the clock for years. Was that no help? America gave Russia the Bessemer process for making armored steel. Germany did not have it. So Russian tanks were superior. Did that not help?

That said. I agree that Russia truly won the war on the ground. And paid a price I doubt Americans would have stood for. 25 + million people.

DeletedUser

"Now I want you to recollect back to the Treaty of Versailles, who had to accept the blame for the war?"

The loser! The winner writes history. And the peace treaty. :}

DeletedUser

I believe that same treaty would be the cause to world war 2 due to the aggressiveness of france to cripple germany's military and economy.

erm... i guess so you guys can understand.

France said don't build any troops just build your market up and send me 30k of each resource a day.

DeletedUser71940

I believe that same treaty would be the cause to world war 2 due to the aggressiveness of france to cripple germany's military and economy.

erm... i guess so you guys can understand.

France said don't build any troops just build your market up and send me 30k of each resource a day.

Yep the German millitary was limited to 100,000 soldiers, you can't possibly expect them to manage a country that big.. So civil unrest had begun, the massive inflation due to the reparation cost had made the prices rise like hell, it was cheaper to burn the money than buy wood with them.

France had a "Buffer" zone or something like that, which was only 50 miles between France and Germany and Germany weren't allowed to go in or past it. Funny thing is you could cross that zone in an hour.:lol: When Germany had refused to pay the money France had marched in with soldiers and pillaged one of the Coal towns. The reparation costs were about 6600 thousand million.(I know it's like that, but that's how the British put it, not the Americans) so in American terms 6.6 billion pounds sterling.

Hitler had used the revenge for Versailles as one of the criterias of his party, hence why its succeeded, along with the promise that starvation would be solved.

DeletedUser

Skimmed through most of it.
To synopsis and clarify some interesting things
There were two treaty of Versailles.
The Great War was caused by Serbian nationalists hired by Russian imperialists to assassinate Archduke Ferdinand as he was traveling through Sarejevo, in an effort to start a war with a causi bellis.

During WW2 and in that time frame one american dollar or pound was worth 6 trillion dutchmarks. (So the numbers aren't over stated.)

Hitler's mother was jewish and according to jewish tradition that made him so too. Since they followed it by mother's faith. That's one of the reason he despised the jews.

Hitler was a sergeant or some sort of demeanor rank in WW1 the reason he prosecuted the jews so much was because:
1. They're were a wealthy minority
2. During WW1 almost no jew participated or helped fund the austrian German alliance
3. When the 33billion bill hit Germany to be able to buy their lands back, the jews didnt help to pay for that, one bit.

Hitler killed his superiors upon being elected:
See Night of the Long Knives.

Italions are bigger wimps in wars than french even though french never won a war. (They took back lands in 100 years war)

Since the italians switched sides halfway of WW1 and were awful in WW2.

Britain was the nations that could challenge Austro Hungry in WW1

DeletedUser

First off, Hitler's mother was not Jewish. Hitler was a bastard and some believed that his mother had an affair with a Jewish man.

As to the substance of WWII, Germany would probably have won had they successfully invaded Britain before attacking Russia. While it is negotiable whether or not the outcome of the Pacific war would have been any different had all of Europe fallen, I don't think much would have changed. It does stand, though, that each of the allies (except maybe the French :lol:) had a serious role in defeating Germany and without one none would have been successful.

DeletedUser71940

First off, Hitler's mother was not Jewish. Hitler was a bastard and some believed that his mother had an affair with a Jewish man.

As to the substance of WWII, Germany would probably have won had they successfully invaded Britain before attacking Russia. While it is negotiable whether or not the outcome of the Pacific war would have been any different had all of Europe fallen, I don't think much would have changed. It does stand, though, that each of the allies (except maybe the French :lol:) had a serious role in defeating Germany and without one none would have been successful.

Hey! The French did a great job giving up. And creating the whole facade of obedience while stirring under the surface via the resistance.

DeletedUser

Hey! The French did a great job giving up. And creating the whole facade of obedience while stirring under the surface via the resistance.

lol, don't forget they built that great defensive line with the rounded bunkers. German tanks had such a rough time rolling right over them. :lol:

DeletedUser71940

lol, don't forget they built that great defensive line with the rounded bunkers. German tanks had such a rough time rolling right over them. :lol:

We should stop before someone from France comes on and claims that they were still weakened from the First World War which ended 22 years prior to that. :lol:

DeletedUser

well, my main judgment is that AMERICA won. s did UK, and USSR, france just fed of of the winnings, even thugh they ;ost early on

DeletedUser60182

well, my main judgment is that AMERICA won. s did UK, and USSR, france just fed of of the winnings, even thugh they ;ost early on

No, france was liberated :icon_eek:.

btw, to the guy talking about italy, they switched in WWII :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Italy switched after Mussolini was replaced in 1943 (after the allies occupied southern Italy), so basically, it wasn't Italy's choice to switch sides.