zomgtw.net - New Tribalwars tools site

• Thread starter DeletedUser15106
  • Start date

DeletedUser53573

Someone really should just make a farm script that lets nthe user say how many farms they want to use per village and have it just select the closest barbs until enough are found. Also, no overlapping of farms between villages..

BA's does part of this, but often it does find any farms for some villages..

DeletedUser15106

Someone really should just make a farm script that lets nthe user say how many farms they want to use per village and have it just select the closest barbs until enough are found. Also, no overlapping of farms between villages..

BA's does part of this, but often it does find any farms for some villages..
It's possible, but I don't think it would be very efficient, given that if one farming village was surrounded by others, that central village would have no villages closer to it than the surrounding villages. you would then need to go further and further out to find farms for that village, which might leave you farming hours and hours away to the point where farming for that village becomes near useless, just for the benefit of being able to choose how many farms you choose.

The zomgtw farm settings allow you to set a priority, where if you find that one village is getting too few farms, you can increase its "priority" to assign more farms to that farming village.

I'll look into doing it by farm numbers, but it won't be as efficient as assigning by radius (which is why I figure it's not really being done already), but if it can be done so that your farming efficiency won't suffer too much, I'll try to find a way. ;) I've toyed with this in the past, but never got to a point where there was a solution that was acceptable to me, in terms of efficiency (though admittedly I didn't toy with it for very long). It'll probably also need to have a radius limit, otherwise we're looking at a long processing time.

@ Arachnella: sounds like it won't be too difficult to implement :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

New stuff:

Village planner: Nothing new or revolutionary, very pretty though! Just a tool I've had sitting around for years, styled and tweaked a bit to include churches etc. Plan troops and buildings to farm limit, check costs, army strength etc. Ability to save village plans.

If your attempting to recreate my excel sheet your just missing one equation.. Not really an equation even if you want it:icon_neutral:

DeletedUser53573

Could it be made where it went through each village one at a time, selecting the closest barb for each one, then going through again and again until 20 barbs are assigned to each?

File Not Found

Could it be made where it went through each village one at a time, selecting the closest barb for each one, then going through again and again until 20 barbs are assigned to each?

This would be possible, on a different site. What your requesting is really nothing like what they have, so it would be a completly different generator. You would however face the same problem as allyboo previously mentioned, however on a larger scale, just dampened slightly, but not enough for it to be worth while.

DeletedUser53573

I'm not sure I see why.

Say I have 3 villages next to eachother. Well I need 60 farms regardless (20 per). Its just a matter of 20 being reallly close to one village, the next 20 all being of medium range to the second and the last 20 being all the far ones for the third village.. or.. Each with 6-7 close, 6-7 medium, 6-7 far.

Right now (with both tools) I get some villages with too many farms ( or even just enough), whereas others only get 3 farms for like 1500 lc, lol.

--

As per your problem you mentioned again, on a more developed world farming 4-5 hours or even further isn't too big of a deal imo. Just farm once in the morning, once at night. Bookmark is too much of a pain if you don't set it up right away, and I'm kinda too lazy to set it up lol. Plus, what happens when some troops die? That throws off the whole bookmark system.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
With late game farming yes it does take time to set up bookmarks but not as long as using a script every time. The part I never like is when gaining a village in a K, using any village location site you spend ages checking its not already being farmed.
My easy answer was to just start at 500|500 as an example & just work through the barbs in that K make a note of which you are at. so any new villages can be added.

One site does use a limit of finding barbs to a given K thats fluffy88's site.

DeletedUser

Well, with BA taking his site down, I'm predicting extreme raise in zomgtw.net popularity.

Again, as I'm currently playing on plemena.com.hr, I'm willing to do all the necessary translation work (and any other I can do), if you guys decide to make it available for different servers then the .net one, so let me know.

rtwrt

Why is there a 30 village limit for the farming script?
I want to use it but i would have to have 6 copies of the script.

File Not Found

Out of curiosity, when the farm finder tool, is selecting farms from player villages, does it make sure not to select villages of players with multiple villages?

DeletedUser

Wonderful site, lots of good tools already. Keep up the good work, your helping a lot of lazy TW-souls!

DeletedUser

Why is there a 30 village limit for the farming script?
I want to use it but i would have to have 6 copies of the script.

i had to split village's into group's to use it.
i do find it very good though have had the odd hit on a village twice,can cope with that though..........

DeletedUser

Love the site. I've used it to map out all my builds for W48 as well as using it for my farming. The one script option is a godsend.

DeletedUser15106

After language support and erm, something else that I can't quite put my finger on at the moment (that was v. important) :p

It is on the list though! Just not at the top :(

DeletedUser

I love the backtime calculator, but I prefer to put it into my notebook if I am gunna wait for anything longer then a few minutes before I send my attack. Would it be possible to have an 'Export to bb-codes' button, similar to that on tw stats attack planner, so that I can just copy and paste that in? I am no whizz on this kind of stuff so am not sure how hard it would be to do, if you can't, could you just put the names of the units next to the pictures, so that can just be copied and pasted?

DeletedUser

allyboo, love the site... Thanks.

One suggestion that would be nice would be on the achievements would be to list the tribe the "achiever" was is at time of achievement. Not sure if it would be difficult or not.