Flaming Troll

DeletedUser4186

No dice. You split that loss in d by 10 players and already its insignificant, if they aren't all already being targeted like you all say they are.

Its like talking to a wall. If you think that rebuilding the D and growing slower then the rest due to a defensive build makes it possible to win the world in a long perspective.....be my guest.

DeletedUser

Who claims you need a defensive-heavy troop setup? Last time I checked, this is Tribal Wars.

Let's say her 28 other tribemates sent around 100 spears and 100 swords each to defend. They'd only have to replace about 60% of those units after the attack.

What is faster, 29 villages training 120 infantry each, or 1 village training 1500 infantry?

DeletedUser

You obviously have no idea what sort of players are playing this world. Each defensive troop you build will set you further behind and stunt your growth more and more. From what you're saying, I gather that you will build 100/100 D every time a player is attacked. You'd probably want to change that into 200/200 pretty soon, as time isn't really working in your favor. Neither are the tech levels. Choose the path of the turtle and all of a sudden there's no way back. It starts with the small things, like relying on strength in numbers to survive, and ends with being cracked at 2000/2000 after failing an ennoblement. But then again I guess you have no choice when simple concepts like backtiming is far beyond your ability.

It's a small world.

DeletedUser

You obviously have no idea what sort of players are playing this world. Each defensive troop you build will set you further behind and stunt your growth more and more. From what you're saying, I gather that you will build 100/100 D every time a player is attacked. You'd probably want to change that into 200/200 pretty soon, as time isn't really working in your favor. Neither are the tech levels. Choose the path of the turtle and all of a sudden there's no way back. It starts with the small things, like relying on strength in numbers to survive, and ends with being cracked at 2000/2000 after failing an ennoblement. But then again I guess you have no choice when simple concepts like backtiming is far beyond your ability.

It's a small world.

Psst, no one has any idea who you are talking to. Could you please use the quote function? Thanks.

DeletedUser

Players like JChilds and Terryoski, to name a few of the people that really understand the way this game goes. Players like them, are playing.

Players like ender_wiggin and deathbringer989, who have been playing long enough to grasp the basics but still have a lot to learn. Players that think they are much better than they really are. Players like them, are playing.

And then, of course, there are n00bs like me.

What is this, "backtiming," that you reference?

DeletedUser

I think you guys are forgetting that the account had 1000 troops that can be used for farming still. That is still a higher capacity for farming than over half of the players on the world sadly.

Looks like Purple got it right. Actually, it was not the mine levels that slow us down but the stable and rax levels. But since they were high the account is growing indeed. I was away for the last few days, but if the account were active it would have been easy to keep all the queues running.
And if you were to ask invalid he would tell you that after the attack the first thing i upgraded was stable and not a mine. Anyways it looks like Flaming Troll back up and running in no time at all.

invalid user

Players like JChilds and Terryoski, to name a few of the people that really understand the way this game goes. Players like them, are playing.

Players like ender_wiggin and deathbringer989, who have been playing long enough to grasp the basics but still have a lot to learn. Players that think they are much better than they really are. Players like them, are playing.

Where is he? I have not seen him since stw1...

And what makes you think I am any good at this game?

DeletedUser

Yes, well, I was going to ask what would you know, but you've already answered it.

Deathbringer989

Yes, well, I was going to ask what would you know, but you've already answered it.

I was going to ask that. :icon_neutral:

If you've got an issue with me Cheese, feel free to have a quick PM chat. But don't go round insulting players personalities.

DeletedUser

Please be so kind and quote the person you are addressing to/talking about.
I kinda always think you are talking to me... :icon_neutral:

As for "basics", define them please.
Im kinda hoping that a player doesnt have to play for 2 years just to grasp your definition for basic.

ender_wiggin

Still have a lot to learn?

I learned from Thar and Vpar2. I've picked up tricks from Jamm and Malreaux. I think you don't know enough to judge my knowlege.

Child in time

Still have a lot to learn?

I learned from Thar and Vpar2. I've picked up tricks from Jamm and Malreaux. I think you don't know enough to judge my knowlege.

Cheer up ender :icon_wink: i think plenty of people know your god-almighty-ness. Don't let some dino-cheesypuff get to you!

Galum

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Did you play with either? True, Deathbringer isn't Vpar, but he is an excellent player, waaaay above average, I never played with Ender but I doubt someone can get such a good reputation and have so many people ready to vouch for him if he only knew the "basics".

Sorry mate, but you speak nonsense right now.

P.S
Back timing is dodging with your offense when someone attacks you but timing it so that YOU O hits HIS O exactly when it arrives back home, it's the best D tactic except sniping noble imo.

DeletedUser41789

Back timing is dodging with your offense when someone attacks you but timing it so that YOU O hits HIS O exactly when it arrives back home, it's the BEST D tactic except sniping noble imo.

QFT Galum

I have been on the recieving end of backtiming...VERY demoralizing and not a THING you can do as you watch the attack coming at you and your troops returning home from a succesful run.

On the other hand, it feels GREAT to dodge an attack and then have a succesful backtime attack on the same aggressor. Very satisfying indeed wiping out your opponents O after s/he has attacked you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8472

oh man you called ender a n00b, man I need to save this quote somewhere :)

Deathbringer989

QFT Galum

I have been on the recieving end of backtiming...VERY demoralizing and not a THING you can do as you watch the attack coming at you and your troops returning home from a succesful run.

On the other hand, it feels GREAT to dodge an attack and then have a succesful backtime attack on the same aggressor. Very satisfying indeed wiping out your opponents O after s/he has attacked you.

Double backtiming feels the best. :cool:

(Backtiming a backtime)