Top 20 UNDERRATED players

Clur

The trouble with threads like this, is they have a tendancy to dissolve into the list of the usual suspects and talk of 'the big names'. To a large degree, its more dictated by how much you get involved in the community and how long you've been playing TW than anything else, which the w37 version of this thread in particular seems to have done. It kinda misses the point of the thread in my opinion which is a genuine shame.

Since there is now a very developed community within tw it can make it quite hard for newer players to get a chance or to get into the right tribe and social circle. If you've been around longer, generally more people know you, which is a shame for genuinely underrated newbies to get a good shot at improving and coming through the ranks in the same way as the earliest players did. It can be more about having a friend in the right tribe than the potential someone actually has. Older players learnt in an era when everyone else was still learning and didn't have to break through some of the same challenges (for example being in a awful tribe and not having the backup to support you against very experienced players in the same way). Even though some people are naturally more gifted and pick up the game quicker than others, with the knowlegde some now have, just surviving in the core in your first world now is something of an achievement.

Of course everyone wants to play with their friends, its part of the game, but I do wish that people would think more about how to encourage bringing through newer players and give more credit to the geninuely underrated players (who tend for the most part simply to be individuals who are simply less vocal on the forums than the big names). For the game to flourish, it needs experienced players to teach and encourage in game, but also on the forums and on skype, as they can be somewhat daunting at first. I still find it hard joining new chats in new tribes with established players who have all this experience and reputation... Its easy to pick out names everyone knows, harder to pick out players who might not have caught others attention in the past - it would be nice if some of them could get a mention, if only to encourage them, give them a bit of confidence and to be an example to others to achieve and perhaps add some healthy competition to the ranks.

And its very easy to get into the habit of just naming the same old people and dismissing certain worlds as being poor and having a certain amount of 'snobbery' about it and the world settings. Especially if they didn't even play those worlds for very long or your circle of friends don't actively play the world. Everyone has to start somewhere, you can learn a lot from any world under the right circumstances. And equally theres some poor players on 'great worlds' who manage to survive by luck and being in the right tribe who end up hugely overrated.

Anyway...
My vote for underrated players goes to anyone, who is playing their first world in the core and they manage to survive, learn from it, and manage to get into one of the 'good tribes' with the players who have been playing since world 6 or whatever it happens to be.

It goes to anyone, who takes the time and has the patience to teach others to play, sometimes at the expense of their own account and doesn't get recognition for it.

It also goes to any player who sends support to a tribemate they don't really know well when they need it and tries their best to help (even if its a dumb thing to do at times - its still great teamwork). You can't put a value on the individuals who stack their leaders who have big mouths and egos that get into trouble, and then call on their tribe to get them out of it. Its not the fault of the little player, and to an extent I admire that blind loyalty to the tribe. They tend to be the ones who suffer most too.

So erm, yeah, theres some interesting stuff about good players on here, that I've enjoyed reading, but can this thread get a bit more back on track pretty, please?
As someone else said, what makes a player underrated? And what potential do they have? Perhaps some of the names on this thread who are running some of the bigger tribes, might like to pick out a player or two in their own tribe that they didn't know previously, who is showing signs that they could be good.

*gets coat and waits for the flames*

DeletedUser

The trouble with threads like this, is they have a tendancy to dissolve into the list of the usual suspects and talk of 'the big names'. To a large degree, its more dictated by how much you get involved in the community and how long you've been playing TW than anything else, which the w37 version of this thread in particular seems to have done. It kinda misses the point of the thread in my opinion which is a genuine shame.

Since there is now a very developed community within tw it can make it quite hard for newer players to get a chance or to get into the right tribe and social circle. If you've been around longer, generally more people know you, which is a shame for genuinely underrated newbies to get a good shot at improving and coming through the ranks in the same way as the earliest players did. It can be more about having a friend in the right tribe than the potential someone actually has. Older players learnt in an era when everyone else was still learning and didn't have to break through some of the same challenges (for example being in a awful tribe and not having the backup to support you against very experienced players in the same way). Even though some people are naturally more gifted and pick up the game quicker than others, with the knowlegde some now have, just surviving in the core in your first world now is something of an achievement.

Of course everyone wants to play with their friends, its part of the game, but I do wish that people would think more about how to encourage bringing through newer players and give more credit to the geninuely underrated players (who tend for the most part simply to be individuals who are simply less vocal on the forums than the big names). For the game to flourish, it needs experienced players to teach and encourage in game, but also on the forums and on skype, as they can be somewhat daunting at first. I still find it hard joining new chats in new tribes with established players who have all this experience and reputation... Its easy to pick out names everyone knows, harder to pick out players who might not have caught others attention in the past - it would be nice if some of them could get a mention, if only to encourage them, give them a bit of confidence and to be an example to others to achieve and perhaps add some healthy competition to the ranks.

And its very easy to get into the habit of just naming the same old people and dismissing certain worlds as being poor and having a certain amount of 'snobbery' about it and the world settings. Especially if they didn't even play those worlds for very long or your circle of friends don't actively play the world. Everyone has to start somewhere, you can learn a lot from any world under the right circumstances. And equally theres some poor players on 'great worlds' who manage to survive by luck and being in the right tribe who end up hugely overrated.

Anyway...
My vote for underrated players goes to anyone, who is playing their first world in the core and they manage to survive, learn from it, and manage to get into one of the 'good tribes' with the players who have been playing since world 6 or whatever it happens to be.

It goes to anyone, who takes the time and has the patience to teach others to play, sometimes at the expense of their own account and doesn't get recognition for it.

It also goes to any player who sends support to a tribemate they don't really know well when they need it and tries their best to help (even if its a dumb thing to do at times - its still great teamwork). You can't put a value on the individuals who stack their leaders who have big mouths and egos that get into trouble, and then call on their tribe to get them out of it. Its not the fault of the little player, and to an extent I admire that blind loyalty to the tribe. They tend to be the ones who suffer most too.

So erm, yeah, theres some interesting stuff about good players on here, that I've enjoyed reading, but can this thread get a bit more back on track pretty, please?
As someone else said, what makes a player underrated? And what potential do they have? Perhaps some of the names on this thread who are running some of the bigger tribes, might like to pick out a player or two in their own tribe that they didn't know previously, who is showing signs that they could be good.

Very interesting post... :)

I'm not quite sure how an underated thread ends up talking about 'the big names' it seems ironic, but yes it has ,amongst other things.
Then those players get ripped for being mentioned which also seems grossly unfair. :icon_eek:
I think some of the 'big names' actually do more teaching and answer more questions than you give them credit for. Not all of them. But those who do should be credited for such , especially considering this game is time constraining enough alone , without responding to many requests for help and advice.
I think that is why you will find the 'big names' are mentioned as they have given of their time and services to help other newer / less able players and those players are now crediting them .
It would be great now for those players to imput what they have learned into other new players.
On the whole I think majority of what you said there is very valid . Maybe its an idea that every pre-made tribe has to recruit a percentage of new players. Unfortunately that would be impossible to verify though :/

Lisa <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Clur

I'm certainly not trying to disrespect anyone here, or say they don't do some of those things either btw. Perhaps I was a little unfair and some of that came across more harshly than its intended. I actually appreciate that some of the 'big names' are actually never gonna win no matter what they say when it comes to stuff like this :icon_wink:. Its just they should sometimes be a little more aware of how it comes across to others.

My point was more trying to get people thinking, more than anything else. The oldest players who are still around, for the most part are still here cos they love the game and the community, and I know a lot do put in huge amounts of time and effort but they in that they also are the key in helping it survive in the future too. Its just sometimes I feel they are the only voices heard, and because they have a certain level of respect and authority it is hard for others should get a shout heard too. It can be intimidating expressing an opinion here at times, unless you are flame proof!

mattcurr

Anyway...

Always so dramatic, and long winded, humm to your points though Im slightly more a bullets guy than block typing.

My first world was 8 where I was in the core of NG, and then my next world I was in the core of DIE. at which point I told harlos to go f himself and blocked him. Not my brightest move was rimmed an made fun by the "elites" but was I underrated? Nope but all the while, I was teaching myself, when world 11 came around I had a semi decent start around 150 or so I wont go all the way through my history, but had someone gone into one of these threads back then and said you know that matt guy is underrated, they would have been out of their minds. I was properly rated, I still sucked, no matter why I sucked being new or not I sucked. Players that are underrated are players like crasher, sheik, roul duke, unknown people who can compete with the best of them and are left out of discussions of who is great because they are unknown.

The root problem of this thread is that to be underrated you A)Should be good, and B) Need to be unknown, well most people who are good enough to be considered a hidden gem aren't unknown, and those who are, are unknown so the people out here don't know who to talk about. We all have ended up in horrible family tribes, or were taught incorrectly through guides when we were starting up that really doesn't matter.

You always try to make these deep posts, sometimes things are just shallow.

edit:
As for your most recent post, PP is a relatively new player, there are a ton of newer players who become good and respected expanding your prospective to apply to the whole of 37 worlds is a bit rash.

Last edited:

Clur

I like to get people to consider things and give different points of view thats all, Matt. Everyone else seems to know each other inside out on this thread, and for someone outside that its hard to contribute at times. This thread felt like it had descended into a great mass of that.

Its nice to see a couple of comments about loosing a few battles though. Too much of the time in the midst of all the smack talk you start to only see bragging and the egos. (And that can be really tiresome sometimes, as much as I like a good flame). People read these threads a hell of a lot more than they post on them - its nice when you do read something thats less about saying how great someone has always been.

I still think that underrated can mean more than one thing though.

And yeah I'm guilty as charged about trying to over think things and walls of text, just my way unfortunately - I'm happy being wrong proved its productive, as I've said before.

Mistress LIghtstar

I really like your posts, Clur, and I agree. In my opinion, as a noob, I think you are definitely correct in your position as to what the "older," more experienced players could and should be doing. I have made a few friends through the game and the forums, and I value their expertise and the help I get from them. My biggest help has been through two particular players, Rofl and masterdarkstar. And to them, and these forums, I owe a great deal of gratitude, or I'd still be under 100 points.

I also believe that my tribe holds two vastly underrated players. My tribe, at this point, has only two players lol

Last edited:

DeletedUser

You mention 23 in there as well but my memory is a bit hazy on that one.

W23 was released at the same time as W24 and it was pretty evenly split in talent except W24 had a little more

W24 had trubes like kinky, squeaky(or whatever), TWtamer, and PB*J + some others

W23 had Test(naruto), Bio!, What?, and ?!?

W24 players: pp, pervis, devil, twtamer(wasn't there like 2-3 people on the account?), and some other big names.

W23 had wickerman(not a great player but a big name), free-eek, k-david(k-magic and cdavid mix) ummmm spag, hastyr, plus a few more.

DeletedUser

I played both 23 (for Bio!) and 24 (for Kinky) as did quite a few other people.

W23 had what I personally consider newbie settings and found that much more boring / had much less early game average player quality (take your pick) than W24.

Its the reason why I quit W23 to focus on W24. That was the world that appealed to the majority of those veterans that I'm familiar with.

DeletedUser33250

W23 was released at the same time as W24 and it was pretty evenly split in talent except W24 had a little more

W24 had trubes like kinky, squeaky(or whatever), TWtamer, and PB*J + some others

W23 had Test(naruto), Bio!, What?, and ?!?

W24 players: pp, pervis, devil, twtamer(wasn't there like 2-3 people on the account?), and some other big names.

W23 had wickerman(not a great player but a big name), free-eek, k-david(k-magic and cdavid mix) ummmm spag, hastyr, plus a few more.

W23 and Bio! had me for a bit, then it dissolved :'(. Or at least, i think thats what happened.

DeletedUser

W24 twtamer(wasn't there like 2-3 people on the account?), and some other big names.

Yeah I think so. I believe many other big names played in the tribe such as Duff. I think it was a 4-6 person tribe they probably had accounts running 24/7

carriestupidhead

Very interesting post... :)

I'm not quite sure how an underated thread ends up talking about 'the big names' it seems ironic, but yes it has ,amongst other things.
Then those players get ripped for being mentioned which also seems grossly unfair. :icon_eek:
I think some of the 'big names' actually do more teaching and answer more questions than you give them credit for. Not all of them. But those who do should be credited for such , especially considering this game is time constraining enough alone , without responding to many requests for help and advice.
I think that is why you will find the 'big names' are mentioned as they have given of their time and services to help other newer / less able players and those players are now crediting them .
It would be great now for those players to imput what they have learned into other new players.
On the whole I think majority of what you said there is very valid . Maybe its an idea that every pre-made tribe has to recruit a percentage of new players. Unfortunately that would be impossible to verify though :/

Lisa <3

I quoted you just to send my love Lisa <3

On the topic of Hate., i've seen nothing but top shelf behaviour from this tribe on any world so obviously they know what they are doing.

Anyways, i'm also "playing" this world...don't expect much from me...im here to pointwhore my way to the top while striking terror into the heart of any inactive player I can find...the barbarian villages of this world might pose a threat but I think I have them trumped with my mad skillz :lol:

PS...you guys are such world-whores :p

Mistress LIghtstar

hey guys, any chance i might derail your derailing of this thread? lol

So who's the top 20 underrated players on w37 at this moment?

Nauzhror

hey guys, any chance i might derail your derailing of this thread? lol

So who's the top 20 underrated players on w37 at this moment?

Hmm, I'll write a quick program to automatically generate the list.

Code:
#include <stdio.h>

main ( )
{
   int i;

for ( i = 1 ; i < 21 ; i++ )
   {
      printf ( "%d. Sir.Robin.\r\n", i );
   }
}

/ego

Mistress LIghtstar

Ah, so i guess i'm so low i don't even hit the list huh lol

DeletedUser

-Pelajar...got massive flame for that lame noble, but he is decent.

-WarriorKarena...easy too dismiss as sucking since in flame, but actually looks ok