Newsletter #8 - Premium change - 2010-03-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalkoenvet

c'mon..leave the economy alone. that is not the solution when you have problem in a recession. more...it will create a problem.

Just want to point out that the economic climate never was a reason to update the premium prices.

bloodz2

Well I don't mind paying a nominal fee to be able to play the game on a worldwide server with full features...but this price rise does make me think twice...especially given that it seems more an more unlikely that it's actually costing them that much more to host the game

Indeed! And do you know what I dont mind paying the premium to get something that i know is free as the new features etc dont come as standard but what I do object to is the way they are/have gone about it.

There was no need to change the points values...ok put the prices up sure fair enough but a make them reasonable b make them clear c by doing what they have done we will be losing out.

What I think they will see happening is alot of people deleting not only on old worlds but new aswell...and yes that happens everyday people deleting that is btu the ratio will increase so what will basicly happen is they will end up losing the money they are trying to make because they are out pricing the game which is essentially free!!!

DeletedUser

mod's u all talk a good game but you lack relevance in your arguement's , all i'm a going to say is booooooo on you all for siding with inno on this when you should be sticking up for the player's , and to the player's leave inno to rot and go under for trying to screw the dedicated player's it has/had and let a new company rise up and be counted .

DeletedUser

how does that work, when people stop playing in droves because they can't justify or afford the increased premium costs? Then you just have less paying customers, and that is going to be all the people that are unable to buy larger packages - probably most customers. OK, so they are going to be replaced by a new generation of players in the log run that don't know better (and don't mind having their attack speeds auto regulated lol)

I hope you are going to make this game really damn hot to attract all those new players, because wahtever you've been doing in the last 18 months sure hasn't done it

This change was always going to cause conflict, but this move was necessary for Innogames. you are right, some players will be unable to justify the increased costs. you think Innogames wish to push away loyal, paying customers? If Innogames just wanted more profits, they would have bumped up the prices a *little* less than 40%.

Well, we have yet to see the impact of Army Camps upon a developed word, that will certainly be interesting to see.

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Yes, but in the past 3 1/2 years Gas prices have increased more than once. This is the first time that Innogames have increased their prices. Same with Groceries, their prices fluctuate regularly but Innogames' do not. Though personally, if the increase had been 5% i still believe that this opposition would occur.

so if you want a 40% price rise, raise it 8 times by 5% - people will not complain greatly. Don't save it up for years then hit us with 40%. Either way stop harping on about how it didn't rise for years. Who cares? That was Innogames choice, not something the players lobbied for. How is that a justification? As if WE are somehow responsible for this situation...:icon_rolleyes:

bloodz2

mod's u all talk a good game but you lack relevance in your arguement's , all i'm a going to say is booooooo on you all for siding with inno on this when you should be sticking up for the player's , and to the player's leave inno to rot and go under for trying to screw the dedicated player's it has/had and let a new company rise up and be counted .

Its always been the case I'm still waiting for a formal apology from 2 years back when mods started calling me names just because I pointed out how flawed there arguements were

DeletedUser

I play world 2. You're saying the political map isn't available for use
Don't use it. It does not offer any advantage over the already coloured dots on the villages.

you don't use the new graphics interface
No, I don't. Have always and will always use the classic view. It is simpler.

your tribe does not use the new claiming system
Not really. Our forum system for claims work well.
For the SOS feature that came at the same time, I have had to write a tool to make it usable. With the current format posting 500 attacks coming at 200 villages just gets ugly on the forums.

and you do not use the new Map?
The map has not changed that much since I started playing W13.

I do understand that there have been many features implemented and upgrades across all worlds. But most of the big updates (version updates) are not implemented on older worlds.

The main idea of my previous post though was not the availability of features, but my take on the price increase.

I understand what you are saying though. However, a compromise with prices is not up for discussion, though that would be preferable to most.
The request for discount was more tongue in cheek (although it would be nice to have it for older worlds). Should have added a smiley.

DeletedUser

Gas prices go up and down and in any case are a necessity. If gas went up 40% in one hike you would have protests the length of the country( ask Gordon Brown). Also people would find ways to use less gas. Guess whats gonna happen in TW? where ppl played 2 worlds they will now play 1 etc etc.

DeletedUser

old package:
9,2 € => 0,076667€/day
19 € => 0,063333€/day

new package:
10€ = > 0,119048€/day
20€ = > 0,085238€/day
50€ = > 0,071429€/day

i feel seriously ripped off with this new system... :(. I can understand times change, prizes rise and you want to increase them a bit, but this is a major increase. Hell even if you buy a MUCH bigger package then you used to, you'r still worse off. This is a 50% (!!!) increase in price for the 20€(19€) package in price/day, and this percentage only gets bigger for the smaller packs (55% for the 10€(9,20€) pack).

DeletedUser

so if you want a 40% price rise, raise it 8 times by 5% - people will not complain greatly. Don't save it up for years then hit us with 40%. Either way stop harping on about how it didn't rise for years. Who cares? That was Innogames choice, not something the players lobbied for. How is that a justification? As if WE are somehow responsible for this situation...:icon_rolleyes:

That would be if Innogames was trying to earn more profits. this is a necessary development so that they can remain competitive in the economic climate - in a sense, they did not have a choice. I do not know everything about the situation, but if they could stagger it like you suggest i am sure they would.

DeletedUser

Perhaps it's a bit unclear, but you will get more days, during the initial conversion that is. You object to this because you'd rather receive less as opposed to more premium than that you paid for? I'm afraid that even the best public relations bureau could not predict such a reaction. :p

Lied? I certainly hope not. Could you point out where, please?

Though I can understand that it looks a bit fishy from many people's perspective, changing the system is not an attempt to hide things from the players. ...and if it was, it'd be a rather poor attempt considering the fact that the increased prices are posted in Tribalwars-wide announcements across all versions.

My bad, I misunderstood, that part actually about already bought premium points. Fine.

Thing is, it wasn't advertised as a raise in cost, it was advertised as "a new system". It might not be considered as a plain lie, but at the very least, it should be called "an attempt to avoid the truth". would have been so much easier to not try and take us for fools. Inno would not have all the rant they dealing with at the moment.

DeletedUser656

The value of points changed because the versions of TW in Asia will have different premium models and abilities, to better suit the market in some countries there. While there are no plans for tribalwars.net to change like this, it'd be technically hard to maintain two different premium point systems in the same code base.

The change is not a trick or method purely to hide the increase. The reasons for it just don't apply to this market. We are increasing the prices of premium in general and fully admit that in our announcement.

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
sorry, but you are funnier with every post. Really you are. You negate everything that happened with the technology over the last 20 years. Go for it mate!

Oh well, if you don't register that for the same headroom with twice as many players you need the same performance you have currently in two-fold then you can laugh away all you want.

DeletedUser

Don't use it. It does not offer any advantage over the already coloured dots on the villages.

No, I don't. Have always and will always use the classic view. It is simpler.

Not really. Our forum system for claims work well.
For the SOS feature that came at the same time, I have had to write a tool to make it usable. With the current format posting 500 attacks coming at 200 villages just gets ugly on the forums.

The map has not changed that much since I started playing W13.

I do understand that there have been many features implemented and upgrades across all worlds. But most of the big updates (version updates) are not implemented on older worlds.

The main idea of my previous post though was not the availability of features, but my take on the price increase.

The request for discount was more tongue in cheek (although it would be nice to have it for older worlds). Should have added a smiley.

Y'sure? i don't classify W13 as old. I'm sure you are running on the new Village Overview, with the animated people hacking away at trees 'n that.

If you choose not to use the Features, that is your choice and a matter of preference, which is fine - but a large number of players do use it (ok, not the political map but everything else).

The maps changed before W13, by old i thought you meant w1-6.

and i understand it was your take on price increase, my point is that Innogames have never asked for an increase before - they have just implemented new features, improved and improved and asked for nothing.

edit - and one feature i have just been reminded of was the decision for half-packets on old-worlds (not sure if that is implemented in w13). If it is, it should have had a large impact upon the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
That would be if Innogames was trying to earn more profits. this is a necessary development so that they can remain competitive in the economic climate - in a sense, they did not have a choice. I do not know everything about the situation, but if they could stagger it like you suggest i am sure they would.

yeah I especially lol'd at the
remain competitive in the economic climate

(OMG you just deleted that guy's post)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The price increase I understand. The change of structure in the point system is extremely fishy :)

Either a marketing move -- seems you are getting more bang for your buck at first uneducated glance - OR -

Innogames wants this change made now to pave the way for "pay as you go" type features. As it stands now, 1 Premium Point is fairly valuable and not useful to use as a type of currency/resource in game. But multiply the 1 PP by 46 and it's suddenly a more useful commodity. Spend 1 PP and get a faster Barracks for the day, spend 10 PP and get a half priced noble, etc, etc. Such changes would be extremely unpopular UNLESS:

There was a beta world where such features could be tested for popularity/game breaking before going live to .NET and elsewhere. hmmm convenient that there's a new beta world???

I doubt that the community staff or the game developers would be aware of the plan yet. Inno might be laying the groundwork for such a new type of pay for extras feature to be implemented later if they so decide. My opinion of course.

I agree, I think it is pretty obvious we are going to see changes in the way you can spend your PP’s, that is if it is not a sly ploy to make it look like your getting more for your money.

Just look at other InnoGames, take The West for example, you can buy different Premium advantages for different amounts of ‘Golden Nuggets’.

Why would you need to buy 100’s or 1000’s of PP’s unless there is to be a new system where you can split these points up to buy different Premium features?

Come on you Mods.. please categorically deny that there are plans or discussions to change the Premium system form the current Full Premium futures on a time basis, to a pay as you go selective feature system like the one used in ‘The West’.

DeletedUser656

I agree, I think it is pretty obvious we are going to see changes in the way you can spend your PP’s, that is if it is not a sly ploy to make it look like your getting more for your money.

Just look at other InnoGames, take The West for example, you can buy different Premium advantages for different amounts of ‘Golden Nuggets’.

Why would you need to buy 100’s or 1000’s of PP’s unless there is to be a new system where you can split these points up to buy different Premium features?

Come on you Mods.. please categorically deny that there are plans or discussions to change the Premium system form the current Full Premium futures on a time basis, to a pay as you go selective feature system like the one used in ‘The West’.

I addressed this a few posts up.

DeletedUser

You are right, not all improvements apply to older worlds, but a lot of them do, and so will a lot of future improvements. If you just look back at the last few years improvement-wise you will find most improvements (besides new building/ units) were enabled in all worlds while the premium price has never gone up till now.

The argument that most of the new features don't apply to older worlds is not correct.

The innovations are just an excuse. They are not raising the price BECAUSE they put some new stuff in their product.

Their are raising prices because they can. Business.

But again, it's their business. They do what they want. They probably have marketers out there, spending our money to try and find ways to make more money, and in a way, that's fair. But if they have marketers, they sure don't seem to have public relations guys.

UNLESS,

FruitFilledEvil

Innogames wants this change made now to pave the way for "pay as you go" type features. As it stands now, 1 Premium Point is fairly valuable and not useful to use as a type of currency/resource in game. But multiply the 1 PP by 46 and it's suddenly a more useful commodity. Spend 1 PP and get a faster Barracks for the day, spend 10 PP and get a half priced noble, etc, etc. Such changes would be extremely unpopular

That would suck. The people that have more money get more advantages than the people that have "some" money?

kalkoenvet

General greed then huh? I wonder is innogames run by alistair darling by any chance?

I think there's been pointed out many times now already what caused the new prices which is not general greed.

Status
Not open for further replies.