Newsletter #8 - Premium change - 2010-03-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodz2

I wonder can one of the mods please post the deletiong figures for each world over the week before this was anounced and then re post with new figures in 24 hours?

I think there's been pointed out many times now already what caused the new prices which is not general greed.

No..........reasons have been given but they are not to be believed?

DeletedUser

Your original point was that this meant i was not affected by the premium changes. I understand what you said above, and you are 100% right - but respectfully, it is irrelevant. i am affected by these changes just as much as you are.

If you are affected by it just as I am, it is because you choose too. If you limited your gameplay to TW.net, you wouldnt be.

By way of example, just as any player who plays two worlds on a single server needing premium would have to buy premium twice as often (a matter of choice, which in turn doubles one's expense); the fact you play on two different servers follows that same principle. If you were not a moderator here, you would have to pay separate premiums for both .net and .no....if you moderated on both servers you wouldn't have to pay anything.

For myself....I limit myself to one world on .net simply because I can't afford the premium costs to maintain multiple accounts. On West, I play all 12 worlds, but utilize premium on only one. On Grepolis, I will not buy premium at all due to how outrageously overpriced it is....and that would hold true even if I didn't also pay on TW or West. That is a matter of my choice....and limitations of affordability due to being on a fixed low income.

As it stands, I currently have to save up $20.00 a month for 3 months just to buy the cheapest valued (but conversely the most expensive singular outlay) for premium points in both West and TW.....otherwise I would be one of those buying it month to month (and spending much more) just to have what is a virtual necessity in Tribal Wars once you reach a certain account size. With the new price hike, instead of doing that once every 8-10 months, I will be needing to buy premium more often due to there no longer being a monthly breakdown....and it is either that or end up going a few days without premium until the next paycheck hits.

I don't know about you or anyone else here, but I can honestly say for myself, with a fixed income that hasn't changed (while damn near everything else has gone up in cost due to inflation, recession, and taxation) in the last 3 years of only $680.00 a month....if I choose to keep playing Tribal Wars after my current premium expires, the expense will be far greater than I can uncomfortably budget for.

Typhi

That would suck. The people that have more money get more advantages than the people that have "some" money?

Please see the post below. :)

The value of points changed because the versions of TW in Asia will have different premium models and abilities, to better suit the market in some countries there. While there are no plans for tribalwars.net to change like this, it'd be technically hard to maintain two different premium point systems in the same code base.

The change is not a trick or method purely to hide the increase. The reasons for it just don't apply to this market. We are increasing the prices of premium in general and fully admit that in our announcement.

kalkoenvet

The innovations are just an excuse. They are not raising the price BECAUSE they put some new stuff in their product.

Their are raising prices because they can. Business.

But again, it's their business. They do what they want. They probably have marketers out there, spending our money to try and find ways to make more money, and in a way, that's fair. But if they have marketers, they sure don't seem to have public relations guys.

The new prices are needed because marketing prices are rising & the money is needed in order to keep implementing new features. It certainly is a reason for the new prices.

UNLESS,

That would suck. The people that have more money get more advantages than the people that have "some" money?

This will not happen on .net.

DeletedUser

all these rubbish upgrade's and rule change's and pp change's have made tw worse , u cant justify saying all these thing's are involved in the price increase's when no one but inno wanted any of them implemented , now if the dedicated player's chose to have those change's implemented then fair enough , but dont try to justify thing's you fully admit you know not 100% about them , and again why are none of you mod's on our side(the player's) , not one of you'se have said this is a bad idea are you all that brain washed ?

DeletedUser

If you are affected by it just as I am, it is because you choose too. If you limited your gameplay to TW.net, you wouldnt be.

By way of example, just as any player who plays two worlds on a single server needing premium would have to buy premium twice as often (a matter of choice, which in turn doubles one's expense); the fact you play on two different servers follows that same principle. If you were not a moderator here, you would have to pay separate premiums for both .net and .no....if you moderated on both servers you wouldn't have to pay anything.

For myself....I limit myself to one world on .net simply because I can't afford the premium costs to maintain multiple accounts. On West, I play all 12 worlds, but utilize premium on only one. On Grepolis, I will not buy premium at all due to how outrageously overpriced it is....and that would hold true even if I didn't also pay on TW or West. That is a matter of my choice....and limitations of affordability due to being on a fixed low income.

As it stands, I currently have to save up $20.00 a month for 3 months just to buy the cheapest valued (but conversely the most expensive singular outlay) for premium points in both West and TW.....otherwise I would be one of those buying it month to month (and spending much more) just to have what is a virtual necessity in Tribal Wars once you reach a certain account size. With the new price hike, instead of doing that once every 8-10 months, I will be needing to buy premium more often due to there no longer being a monthly breakdown....and it is either that or end up going a few days without premium until the next paycheck hits.

I don't know about you or anyone else here, but I can honestly say for myself, with a fixed income that hasn't changed (while damn near everything else has gone up in cost due to inflation, recession, and taxation) in the last 3 years of only $680.00 a month....if I choose to keep playing Tribal Wars after my current premium expires, the expense will be far greater than I can uncomfortably budget for.

Did you not choose to play here? just like i choose to play on tribalwars.no? I fail to see the point you are trying to make here, that i am somehow not affected by the premium changes like you are? If so, that is incorrect as i am very much affected by the changes.

bloodz2

The new prices are needed because marketing prices are rising & the money is needed in order to keep implementing new features. It certainly is a reason for the new prices.

This will not happen on .net.

it is becuase of the price structure that has just been announced

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Did you not choose to play here? just like i choose to play on tribalwars.no? I fail to see the point you are trying to make here, that i am somehow not affected by the premium changes like you are? If so, that is incorrect as i am very much affected by the changes.

the fact is, you can choose to play for free, if you wish, (or if you find you can't afford to pay :p)

kalkoenvet

that might be your take on it, but I don't think you'll find everyone agrees with that...

I wonder can one of the mods please post the deletiong figures for each world over the week before this was anounced and then re post with new figures in 24 hours?

No..........reasons have been given but they are not to be believed?

If you don't want to believe them, then don't. Fact is the reasons were honest.

DeletedUser

60 premium points - USD $2.99 - 1.99 GBP
200 premium points - USD $5.99 - 3.99 GBP
600 premium points - USD $5.99 - 9.99 GBP
1500 premium points - USD $29.49 - 19.99 GBP
5000 premium points - USD $73.99 - 49.99 GBP

Its the same price. xD

DeletedUser

Where would one apply to be a proof reader? We needz liok 30 and a mathematician and a urm dateulator person? :icon_rolleyes:

First TW makes the game worse for the dedicated players with ability, TW players assumed that it was due to trying to allow new players the grasp the game. Secondly, TW raise the price of TW thus repelling the the short term, new players, and anyone hit by the recession. I would imagine that the majority of players lay in atleast one of these categories.

Looks like Tribalwars as a whole are trying to move people to high performance rounds. Where is my DS-Lan again...

kalkoenvet

60 premium points - USD $2.99 - 1.99 GBP
200 premium points - USD $5.99 - 3.99 GBP
600 premium points - USD $5.99 - 9.99 GBP
1500 premium points - USD $29.49 - 19.99 GBP
5000 premium points - USD $73.99 - 49.99 GBP

Its the same price. xD

Yes, it's an error.

The correct price is

600 premium points USD $14.99 GBP 9.99

as stated in the first post of this topic.

DeletedUser

The no ads for premium is confusing when you say inno needs more revenue. Why reduce advertising income and then lump that loss in revenue on us the consumer. Il put up with ads for cheaper premium. I buy premium to stay competitive in the game, the no ad feature doesn't benefit me at all. Why force me to buy it?

DeletedUser

As usual, people are running off in a rage before actually looking at the facts. The increase in cost is minimal, especially when considered against what was already a very modest price for premium points. Overall, this isn't going to put anyone out on the street.

Instead of the gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair that will do no good, why not turn all that effort into something that will help? Pool your resources, get together a group of (reliable) friends and buy a large lot and then divvy them up, so that you can essentially buy smaller lots at wholesale prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.