Wars You'd Like To See!

DeletedUser

I say once you reach 1-2million running out or targets this world suits clustering and nobling barbs if targets are thin and far between

Funny the only player doing this is in R4KI to any extent is 700k points one might think that is in line with your statement of what a good player would possibly do:icon_eek: Odd given that it was cited as an example of poor quality.

DeletedUser

I never said nobling barbs is noobish ;)

I say once you reach 1-2million running out or targets this world suits clustering and nobling barbs if targets are thin and far between

What is up with all the restrictions? First barb nobling means you are a poor player. Now you have to wait until you hit between 1 and 2 million to noble them? In start up does everyone in every scenario have to reach between 100 and 200 spears before they can go for LC's too? No! there's variation in every player and position so why is this different?

I understand you probably read in a guide somewhere that barb nobling is for "noobs" so I won't say its your fault for feeling this way and i'm sure others share your point of view on the matter.

I haven't looked recently but if I went back and checked i'd imagine that I have around 100 nobles right now.. I can noble barbs at will(not that i'm going to) and not feel a thing as I won't lose any troops and with the extra resources I have anyways from the farming I will have rebuilt the noble by the time my train makes it home.

To me if you are going to noble the villages you just plan on waiting until later why not noble them now so they are built up to full strength sooner rather than later.

DeletedUser

What happened to the topic? I move that this thread gets closed. Or people stay on topic, I want to see fremen vrs CATs

DeletedUser

What happened to the topic? I move that this thread gets closed.

Why exactly do you want to kill the only lively conversation in the entire world in months? Let the moderator do his job, and be happy people are actually posting here.:)

DeletedUser

meh barbs i love barbs it keeps my od down i dont like a high od it makes me look mean so i like looking nice with a low od like a cute little bunny :)

DeletedUser

What happened to the topic? I move that this thread gets closed. Or people stay on topic, I want to see fremen vrs CATs

one of the reasons this world has no forum activity is because everytime we get any kinda debate/discussion going on people start clamouring for the thread to be closed. Its hardly as if chrono has mounds and mounds of spam to pick through.

Quite frankly i dont get why many threads are closed, so what if it turns into a big flame fest, if you dont like it, dont read it.

on another note, to sort of backup what sidney was saying, conventional wisedom was always that barb nobling was for noobs who couldnt take out enem players. It was bad cos it increased our points leading to morale issues, reduced packet/coin reserves without reducing the amount of enemies you have.

However, and this is where you use that ole nogin, if there is no morale, no packet/coin issues, and you have lots of spare nobles due to lots of academies, then what is stopping you clustering up whenever you will? the only restriction being it reduces amount of farms, but i hardly think that at this point it will really have a great impact, particularly if you arent just nobling them all in one big lump.

DeletedUser

Alright, let's all hold hands, put flowers in our hair and sit around in a circle singing songs about nobling barbarian villages.

It's the cool thing to do these days!

DeletedUser

Ring a ring of Roses... A pocket full of Nobles... A tissue a tissue we all noble Barbs.

DeletedUser

Alright, let's all hold hands, put flowers in our hair and sit around in a circle singing songs about nobling barbarian villages.

It's the cool thing to do these days!

once again completely missing the point i see. You lose the arguement so change the subject and argue something completely different...well what else was i expecting :icon_rolleyes:

mitsche

I agree that early in the world nobling barbarian villages is a bad idea. This is because you are nobling a 1000 point village which takes an extra few days/weeks to get up to where a 4k active play would be. Also when you eliminate an active player you stop them before they can get stronger or turtle more villages!

When you get up to 100 villages and you already cleared all the active players from your area, I don't see any reason not to noble barbs. Granted it is a dick move to noble a barb in the middle of your tribe mate's cluster, but a village you own is a better farm than a 1k barbarian village. Resource balancing is much easier than farming!
Plus you can build up some spears and HC in your new barbarian village. It is a nice safety net for offensively minded players. It doesn't slow you down because nobles are free.
If you are willing to put in the time needed to build up a 1k village, more power to you!!! I would normally rather take out that 2.5k player half a K away than build up a barb from scratch. However, my opinion may change when the rim is full and I don't have easy villages anymore...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

once again completely missing the point i see. You lose the arguement so change the subject and argue something completely different...well what else was i expecting :icon_rolleyes:

Let me see,
You were expecting him to make a massive coalition to compensate for his tribe's shortcomings.
You were expecting him to ally 3 tribes out of the top 5.
You were expecting him to try and gang bang the rank 1 tribe (vastly superior to his) and fail miserably as each of his top 5 allies crumble one by one.
You were expecting his own tribe to fail.
You were expecting him to disappear the moment his poorly laid plans fall apart.
You were expecting him to reappear months later and whine incessantly about how it wasn't his fault his coalition failed and how this doesn't prove he's a poor leader.
You were expecting him to be the server's running joke and resident forum troll no one takes seriously.

And thats just from my Puffin days.

Now if I were to harken back to my STACHE days, I'd bring up a long list of other stuff you should be expecting. Just hang on till he start's throwing the word "war machine" around. Thats a queue for his tribe to get its head kicked in.

DeletedUser

My war machine declares war on you, Pervis.

Nah, not really. The war machine is best used for challenges!

DeletedUser

You think I'm trying to win an arguement right now? :icon_rolleyes:

I'm just joking around, TBH. If I'd be serieus with you, you'd notice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You think I'm trying to win an arguement right now? :icon_rolleyes:

I'm just joking around, TBH. If I'd be serieus with you, you'd notice.

:lol: uh huh sure

just full of excuses arent ya

that nots the onl thing hes full of either

DeletedUser

What is up with all the restrictions? First barb nobling means you are a poor player. Now you have to wait until you hit between 1 and 2 million to noble them? In start up does everyone in every scenario have to reach between 100 and 200 spears before they can go for LC's too? No! there's variation in every player and position so why is this different?

I understand you probably read in a guide somewhere that barb nobling is for "noobs" so I won't say its your fault for feeling this way and i'm sure others share your point of view on the matter.

I haven't looked recently but if I went back and checked i'd imagine that I have around 100 nobles right now.. I can noble barbs at will(not that i'm going to) and not feel a thing as I won't lose any troops and with the extra resources I have anyways from the farming I will have rebuilt the noble by the time my train makes it home.

To me if you are going to noble the villages you just plan on waiting until later why not noble them now so they are built up to full strength sooner rather than later.

Did i ever say it is noobish :)

Please tell me because im pretty sure I didnt :)

For cluster building it is good but who can be bothered to build them up ;)

DeletedUser

GU is Neutral .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Core 4 Lyfe

DeletedUser

GU is Neutral .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Core 4 Lyfe

GU > Core. And you better be ready to run me through Oreshek in an hour! :p

On a more serious note: why don't we start an all vs all war just for the fun of it? :D

DeletedUser

On a more serious note: why don't we start an all vs all war just for the fun of it? :D

Why don't you just start a war?

I don't really care with whom you start a war. I'd just like to see more wars :)