Let's play a game called remember when

DeletedUser

@LJ, come on buddy you can do better than that. I'm not calling you disagreeing with me nonesense. I am calling you telling me that I write wrong stuff and against my principles nonesense ... remember who started nagging about the other's posts.

hrgos, get over yourself. You always seem to argue how it best suits you. A great example has already been mentioned here, numerous times.

Your flaming of hawks when they hit #1 - You said it wouldn't have happened with the 1mil+ in barb conquers in that time period - We proved you wrong with stats. Then you went on saying they were mainly IFY conquers, fail much?

You and few others said Legion would eventually close the gap, fair enough, but then trying to do it with mass barb nobling no more than a month later after flaming your enemy for doing it? Then trying to justify it with "They started it" or "We are just trying to stay ahead of them in barb conquers"

Lmao .. It just further proves my point, anything that doesn't suit your side of the argument is just wrong right?

@Rich - I stacked that 1k barb knowing YY had 15 nukes heading to it. Guess what, I killed the 15 nukes and lost less than 2 dv's in the process, add that to it being a 1k village it's just funny. If it works, it works :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mike62

@Rich - I stacked that 1k barb knowing YY had 15 nukes heading to it. Guess what, I killed the 15 nukes and lost less than 2 dv's in the process, add that to it being a 1k village it's just funny. If it works, it works :)

Oh look it doesnt work, (joking). This is the point im trying to make when it works it allows you to drain your enemies troops.

DeletedUser

Well this was a different situation, Mike.

I already had a pretty decent sized cluster in enemy territory, all stacked, and built with troops - So I decided to noble a barb that was under church influence and I built the wall up asap.

Also the fact that it was pretty far from enemy villages (20hrs+) and the only reason they were attacking it was to cat it down - I had the troops spare, said wth and bang. If I were to take a decent size cluster of barbs (say 10) that is alot of stacking to do to hold up against 15 nukes each.

Imo the negatives of nobling barbs in enemy territory isn't worth it.
-Massive stacks
-Possibility to lose loads of defense with low walls (or no church)
-You have to keep those stacks there for a long period of time - Whereas they may be used elsewhere

I'd rather just use a bunch of nukes to take an enemy village, stack it and use it straight away :)

mike62

I agree buts its a decent way to use your troops from behind the lines that are not used elswhere, use your backline troops to stack them and your frontline to hit hard at your enemies villages while they are busy.

DeletedUser

I agree buts its a decent way to use your troops from behind the lines that are not used elswhere, use your backline troops to stack them and your frontline to hit hard at your enemies villages while they are busy.

How do you think the massive frontline between Legion and Hawks is covered defensively? :icon_wink:

Still the risk is not worth the gain, but that is just my opinion .. and nearly 3yrs of playing, but what do I know :icon_redface:

mike62

Oh, an old timer, speak with Blue she will tell you how long i've played, i only stopped last year and moved to Grepolis. I've just seen the map for the frontline and yes you are correct in that instance its not viable.
But i still stand my corner on that there are times when the system will work.

And dont forget the propoganda involved here, im not talking about W33 im talking overall if it can be drummed in that a tribe has lost massive amounts of troops, what will this do to that tribes rep in the game and in the forums.
As you will no doubt know there are several ways to defeat an enemy and they all dont consist of battling, mind games can work just as good in certain situations.

DeletedUser

Oh, an old timer, speak with Blue she will tell you how long i've played, i only stopped last year and moved to Grepolis. I've just seen the map for the frontline and yes you are correct in that instance its not viable.
But i still stand my corner on that there are times when the system will work.

And dont forget the propoganda involved here, im not talking about W33 im talking overall if it can be drummed in that a tribe has lost massive amounts of troops, what will this do to that tribes rep in the game and in the forums.
As you will no doubt know there are several ways to defeat an enemy and they all dont consist of battling, mind games can work just as good in certain situations.

I tried Grepolis for a while...it had some very cool elements to it.

mike62

Its a great set up it creates different problems to TW because of the use of ships in battle. The unit group sizes arent to big but neither are your enemies. Its a completely different game and took forever to learn the new strats needed.

DeletedUser

Mike, not saying you are a bad player or anything was just pointing out my view on why nobling frontline barbs is not the best of ideas most of the time, but we can agree 'that there are times when the system will work' :)

Tried Grepolis myself, think it was Alpha world (the first one) managed around 120k points and then got bored.

mike62

Have set up in W54 to have a look at the new settings before deciding what to do next. Havent got my head round all the new stuff so will learn as i go on then try and see what it takes to clear my area.

Im in several Grep worlds my main i have 300k+ and 36 villages, the conquest aspect of Grep is quite hard it works on points. You have to reach a certain level before your allowed to attempt your next village.
It makes it a lot easier if you offence based as you can run victory parades for added points. Only problem being Once you control your island you have to build a decent size navy or use Myth units to farm resources.

DeletedUser

BAD TROLL!! Start a spam topic for your othergame and otherworld antics.

mike62

Sorry boss wont do it again, it just got dragged up so i responded. :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Have set up in W54 to have a look at the new settings before deciding what to do next. Havent got my head round all the new stuff so will learn as i go on then try and see what it takes to clear my area.

Im in several Grep worlds my main i have 300k+ and 36 villages, the conquest aspect of Grep is quite hard it works on points. You have to reach a certain level before your allowed to attempt your next village.
It makes it a lot easier if you offence based as you can run victory parades for added points. Only problem being Once you control your island you have to build a decent size navy or use Myth units to farm resources.

The array of different units makes for bunch of different village builds, and nuke builds...plus the myth units are awesome!

mike62

Theres nothing more refreshing that totally clearing a village of ships only to have a whinger at you because they cant respond :)

DeletedUser

*Slaps you both and goes to start a topic for you where it belongs...*

DeletedUser

Look...you might not be wrong about everything you post...but you're not right about everything either. And when I talk about principles, I'm not talking about you personally...I'm referring to the fact that you have criticized the Hawks for doing the same things Legion has done...or that most tribes in general do for that matter, mergers/ barbs/ hitting inactives etc. The difference is that when we do it you flame us...when Legion has done it praise or deny it. It's the same old story, whats ok for you is to be frowned upon if we do it.

ok, so that's the first step to you admitting you were wrong to call me out like that.

so now I'm not always wrong and a useless tool or whatever. But I'm sometimes wrong, good to hear.

and I haven't criticized hawks for merging, in fact ask myterms (who was there for the whole thing), I said legion has merged as well (and we agreed our tribes were pretty similar in how they progressed). The difference I said was that hawks's last merge (well now two merges) were during the hawks/legion war, which meant the hawks that came into the war is not the same hawks currently fighting the war. Which according to you was pointless to mention, which I don't mind you saying that. But I do mind you saying it's a matter of principle or that is not true. I've never said it was not ok for hawks to merge, barb nobles ... ect in fact I've never said anything bad about hawks. What I said was that all 3 factors are what lead to hawks being number one. If you want to live under the illusion that your core players (as you claimed earlier) are what got you the number one rank, you may continue to believe so, but you'd be wrong.

DeletedUser

ok, so that's the first step to you admitting you were wrong to call me out like that.

so now I'm not always wrong and a useless tool or whatever. But I'm sometimes wrong, good to hear.

and I haven't criticized hawks for merging, in fact ask myterms (who was there for the whole thing), I said legion has merged as well (and we agreed our tribes were pretty similar in how they progressed). The difference I said was that hawks's last merge (well now two merges) were during the hawks/legion war, which meant the hawks that came into the war is not the same hawks currently fighting the war. Which according to you was pointless to mention, which I don't mind you saying that. But I do mind you saying it's a matter of principle or that is not true. I've never said it was not ok for hawks to merge, barb nobles ... ect in fact I've never said anything bad about hawks. What I said was that all 3 factors are what lead to hawks being number one. If you want to live under the illusion that your core players (as you claimed earlier) are what got you the number one rank, you may continue to believe so, but you'd be wrong.

I never said it was only our core players who got us to #1 either, I know it was a combination of factors just like everyone else knows that...you see what I did there...I used your favorite phrase..."I never said...I never said...I never said..." :lol: You see this is exactly what I predicted would happen...you can't have a conversation with this hrgos guy people...because as soon as there's a disagreement he devolves it with 5 pages worth of arguing over what he how he said something.

"If you what to live under the illusion" that you never said anything wrong then say hello to Alice for me. You can back peddle, and redefine what you've said all you want. You can point to the hand full of fair post you made in hopes that we'll all disregard the dozens of cheap shots you were taking. We can read between the lines when you think you're posting a neutral statement that is really just design to point out some perceived flaw. You're not fooling anyone dude, so give it up. We're on opposite sides anyways, it's not like we don't expect you to talk crap about us. Stop painting yourself the saint.

DeletedUser

lol LJ, notice how you still didn't show a single post where I was wrong? just another insult to a list of insults you've already given me ... you really think it changes anything?

how about this, how about I make a thread called lord jabroni, and you make a thread called hrgos and we look at what each of us has said over time, we'll look at who has writen insults, who has changed principles to suit his need, who has written wrong posts, and who has had more helpful posts. and then everyone who reads the forum can judge who the hypocrite, tool of convenience is? how's that?

make no mistake, I'm challenging you.

also I'm not painting myself a saint, you painted me as a hypocrite, someone who backs away from his principles, and gives wrong stats. I'm showing you that you're the one who does those things, not me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Bout that one , I am pretty sure I know which merge helped more. Legion double the biggest tribe around ???????????