Hug?

DeletedUser

if you are a cluster player like me 500 hc is more than enough. 5k hc is always close by. if you look at the loss of total D strength you have when you have that much hc per villa.... with 500 hc you also have a nice snipe train in the area to buy you time to stack if needed with sp / sw / arc

When you get properly op'ed and you need the ability to move your D around super quickly, you are really gonna miss those extra HC. You cant stack every village prior, so having the ability to move D around more readily is just... a lifeline.

The big thing i have against huge clusters such as yours is the potential to get op'ed. You get opped, you can lose every single 1 of your villages, because its 1 absolutely huge cluster. you have nowhere to rebuild in. My play style is be spread over the tribe. i can attack on every front, and no matter what front is being attacked, i can stack it, with relative safety, because at least 80% of my villages are on other fronts (not the active one) when shit hits the fan. I dont have to be so active at moving my D around.... i could go on but i think id be beating a dead horse. All it equates to though is less work for me, and if i do mess up, i dont lose the majority of my stuff, only a bit of it.

And therefore, in my opinion... those HC are more needed than if your spread out with lots of small clusters how i like to do, because when you get op'ed, its gonna be all your villages being targetted, not just a few, and your really gonna miss the mobility of HC.

DeletedUser

When you get properly op'ed and you need the ability to move your D around super quickly, you are really gonna miss those extra HC. You cant stack every village prior, so having the ability to move D around more readily is just... a lifeline.

Chances are he is not going to get properly OP'ed, and chances are, if he is... then the attackers won't have over 1000 trains ready to go.

I can see/understand all sides of the HC argument... it's really up to personal preference.

DeletedUser93127

doubt anyone here will ever get properly OP'd
even bobby cuz he dont play on w50 :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Shortest distance with nibbles from front to core is 24h (most is much longer) how will you be taking 1 of my core villas? you can cat them ok but I still have a few D villas in the core; paly and hc only that is fast enough to defend my core.
you are talking about having only 1 active front which is highly unlikely so you have to rely on team mates. nothing wrong if they are all active but the chance of that happening is close to 0

DeletedUser

Although the chances of being oped are slim.. what are you going to do if it does?

1984 recently ran 1 on rowly69, taking 200+ villages in a week.
You know what ODA did to ratchet and bolt.
and it also looks like Hermit have done/are doing a good job on crazynightdawg

Yes, i understand that your cluster is so big that 1 end of it is 35~ish hours away even at ram speed and a further 5 or 6 hours by noble, but the size of your cluster, a frontline against anyone attempting to properly op you is huge.

Ideally, you want to stack a frontline so every village within about 10-15 fields of the enemy is stacked. As soon as Hermit finnish with CND, you are going to have a frontline of about 200 villages. Ideally, you would want to stack these with at least 4 D's each for a good stack. Forgive me, but im confused. where on earth are you going to get 800-1200 D's from in a 3 man tribe?

If they decide to op you, with a cluster like yours, if you slip up and lose say 10 villages, and let Hermit get a momentum going, they will just noble straight through your cluster, in a path. All it takes is for some half decent player to take 10 villages in the middle of your cluster with timed nuke nobles and stack them super high, and turn them into noble bases. (and beleive me, 1 or 2 of the guys in Hermit can and would do that if it came down to it) They can nuke from long range and send nobles from close range when your not online... or its another few hundred D's to stack all the villages around it.

With a lot of smaller clusters, of 50-100 villages, you can afford to slip up.

And hence, my argument still stands about you needing HC more than i would. You would have more villages being attacked, any extra speed is to die for in a situation like that.

DeletedUser

bold

Although the chances of being oped are slim.. what are you going to do if it does?
Cat their front as they know :icon_wink:

opping an inactive is something completely different
HUG should support him a bit better

Yes, i understand that your cluster is so big that 1 end of it is 35~ish hours away even at ram speed and a further 5 or 6 hours by noble, but the size of your cluster, a frontline against anyone attempting to properly op you is huge.

Ideally, you want to stack a frontline so every village within about 10-15 fields of the enemy is stacked. As soon as Hermit finnish with CND, you are going to have a frontline of about 200 villages. Ideally, you would want to stack these with at least 4 D's each for a good stack. Forgive me, but im confused. where on earth are you going to get 800-1200 D's from in a 3 man tribe?
I have about 600 myself

If they decide to op you, with a cluster like yours, if you slip up and lose say 10 villages, and let Hermit get a momentum going, they will just noble straight through your cluster, in a path.
I have a double frontline stacked All it takes is for some half decent player to take 10 villages in the middle of your cluster with timed nuke nobles and stack them super high, and turn them into noble bases. (and beleive me, 1 or 2 of the guys in Hermit can and would do that if it came down to it) They can nuke from long range and send nobles from close range when your not online... or its another few hundred D's to stack all the villages around it.
that is the point, they can't noble from closeby in the core of my cluster and I will always have D closer to their core noble target than their nobles are. Iow: taking a villa from me inside my cluster is impossible and the front is stacked. if a frontline villa gets cleared extra D is closeby in case of a tight train/support. if it is only a train than I have nobles close by. if my emergency D can't make it, they'd better time a shitload of support to cover that new villa without a wall coz my front is nukes nukes and more nukes

With a lot of smaller clusters, of 50-100 villages, you can afford to slip up.

And hence, my argument still stands about you needing HC more than i would. You would have more villages being attacked, any extra speed is to die for in a situation like thatHC takes 6 farm space with a general D of 200. if I take the same 6 farmspace and devide that over sp/sw/arc I have 230 general. that besides the special D advantages. That is a 15% extra general D strength only. that multiplied by 600 D villas is a hughe difference .

DeletedUser

opping an inactive is something completely different
The Rowly account is possible mre activily played than some players in 1984 ourselfs.
Very active and good players, but nice try talking someone down.. again :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

The Rowly account is possible mre activily played than some players in 1984 ourselfs.
Very active and good players, but nice try talking someone down.. again :icon_rolleyes:

my sincere apologies for this obvious mistake. since ratchet is inactive and you have the reputation I assumed rowly was inactive too.

Thank you for your constructive contribution

DeletedUser100410

i think he referred to ratchet and bolt

This time, miracously, he was not attacking us, may be i am just naif

DeletedUser

i think he referred to ratchet and bolt

This time, miracously, he was not attacking us, may be i am just naif

actually I did refer to ratchet coz I know what is going on there. I don't know the rowly acc and I almost forgot that 1984 was even on this world. sorry smexy. I will downplay your great victory in the appropriate thread again. Now can the grownups continue their conversation again please?

DeletedUser

Has this thread not already been dragged off topic as it is, I accept your apologies though.

This thread has turned in an interesting convo the grownups have about D strategies etc.

On your request I posted in your thread at the thread appropriate level :icon_wink:

DeletedUser93127

actually I did refer to ratchet coz I know what is going on there. I don't know the rowly acc and I almost forgot that 1984 was even on this world. sorry smexy. I will downplay your great victory in the appropriate thread again. Now can the grownups continue their conversation again please?

Lol.

DeletedUser

None of those are "proper" OP's which you were talking about earlier.

Ideally, you want to stack a frontline so every village within about 10-15 fields of the enemy is stacked.

Yeah if you're a noob and don't know how to defend properly.

As soon as Hermit finnish with CND, you are going to have a frontline of about 200 villages. Ideally, you would want to stack these with at least 4 D's each for a good stack. Forgive me, but im confused. where on earth are you going to get 800-1200 D's from in a 3 man tribe?

Quoted the part that shows the truth. Hermit is a big flying fail of a tribe. They are not gonna be able to do him much damage.

If they decide to op you

Oh no, getting attacked by defense. :icon_eek:

with a cluster like yours, if you slip up and lose say 10 villages

OMG, 10 villages, that's so much!

and let Hermit get a momentum going

From 10 villages? Lol.

they will just noble straight through your cluster, in a path.

Not if the defender is any decent.

All it takes is for some half decent player to take 10 villages in the middle of your cluster with timed nuke nobles and stack them super high, and turn them into noble bases.

If they send them to the middle of the cluster, you have about 500 defense villages or so you can get there in time, I think that'd be enough, don't you?

They can nuke from long range and send nobles from close range

Please teach me how to be so 1337.

You would have more villages being attacked, any extra speed is to die for in a situation like that.

And he would have more defense villages available. It's all proportionate. According to you, he has more villages there, so he gets more incomings... well if he has more villages... he has more defense. :icon_idea:

DeletedUser

None of those are "proper" OP's which you were talking about earlier.

No, but it shows potential. im fairly sure 1984 could, if they tried, do a good timed op. Same goes for ODA

Yeah if you're a noob and don't know how to defend properly.

Explain to me why you dont want to have frontline villages stacked

Quoted the part that shows the truth. Hermit is a big flying fail of a tribe. They are not gonna be able to do him much damage.

here i agree, but it isnt the point. this is a debate, and its circumstancial. And for the record, there are 3 or 4 members that are pretty good

OMG, 10 villages, that's so much!

in the middle of your cluster... that can be a big risk for when you go offline

From 10 villages? Lol.
Not if the defender is any decent.
If they send them to the middle of the cluster, you have about 500 defense villages or so you can get there in time, I think that'd be enough, don't you?

If 1 good player manages to take a few villages in the middle of your main cluster... it means you have to totally re-organise your defences. If you arent a 24/4 account, which most people on w50 aren't any more, and you cant take those villages right back, then your put on the backfoot.

even sending lots of nuke nobles to the ctre of your cluster means you have to move a lot of the D from your frontline.

And he would have more defense villages available. It's all proportionate. According to you, he has more villages there, so he gets more incomings... well if he has more villages... he has more defense. :icon_idea:

its still the extra time you need to spend defending it though... im not a fan of a high maintenance account. it means you have more D readily availible, but it means more time i have to spend doing it.

DeletedUser

No, but it shows potential. im fairly sure 1984 could, if they tried, do a good timed op. Same goes for ODA

I'm fairly sure, that neither tribe has 1000+ noble trains ready to go.

Explain to me why you dont want to have frontline villages stacked

I didn't say don't stack frontlines, I'm just saying it's not necessary, especially when playing against noobs.

here i agree, but it isnt the point. this is a debate, and its circumstancial. And for the record, there are 3 or 4 members that are pretty good

It is the point, because you were:
A) Talking about the William Anker account and;
B) Talking about if they were to get OP'ed by Hermit.

3 or 4 members... maybe pretty good compared to the rest of the tribe, but I'm pretty sure no one in that tribe is what I'd consider a "good" player.

in the middle of your cluster... that can be a big risk for when you go offline

They won't be able to take 10 villages in the middle of your cluster, considering they'd have to travel 48+ hours, that's plenty of time to defend those villages.

even sending lots of nuke nobles to the ctre of your cluster means you have to move a lot of the D from your frontline.

Or... you know... prenoble and recap? They lose 5 nukes, and all you lose is whatever troops you had built in that village.

its still the extra time you need to spend defending it though... im not a fan of a high maintenance account. it means you have more D readily availible, but it means more time i have to spend doing it.

If you know what you are doing, it will not take very long, regardless of how much defense you have to shift around.

DeletedUser

I'm fairly sure, that neither tribe has 1000+ noble trains ready to go.

I dont think any tribe has ever taken 1000 villages in 1 day... ever. on any world. Its more down to the point that most players have at least 10 trains ready, or at the least, enough nobles to make 10 trains. Even if a tribe with a small member count like ODA (and i know for a fact that the guys in ODA have more than 40 nobles, but lets just go with that number) did this, thats still 170 villages in 1 day.

The thing is, im sure W.Anker could snipe/stack deal with that, but the point i always try and make is if i screw up. If my gf comes around - those who know me by now, know i hardly log into tw when my gf is here (im not going to put tw before her no mater how many incomings, and the same goes for my friends if im honest).

What if my co isnt on, for whatever reason

What if my net goes down for tw like it has been doing the last few days with the problems tw have been having connecting the the vrigin media (my ISP) servers.

What if i cant get a good sitter?

There are so many variables. Its not a question of what he can do, its a question of how often he can do it. If he can guarantee that someone is going to be on his account do dodge, snipe and stack every hour of every day, then clustering like he is doing is the best way to do it. But while i know for a fact that i simply can not be on all day every day, im going to try making lots of smaller clusters, because they are 1) less time consuming to defend, as you can only get so many noble trains at 1 of them and 2) if i do screw up, its not a dent into my main cluster.

I didn't say don't stack frontlines, I'm just saying it's not necessary, especially when playing against noobs.

See above statement. there are always times.

It is the point, because you were:
A) Talking about the William Anker account and;
B) Talking about if they were to get OP'ed by Hermit.

Its hypothetical, its a debate. its all if's and maybes. Im using W.Ankers acc as an example because it is just 1 huge cluster

3 or 4 members... maybe pretty good compared to the rest of the tribe, but I'm pretty sure no one in that tribe is what I'd consider a "good" player.

Define good then :p

With the way tw is going, anyone who actually follows orders is good imho. Now we get too many players who think playing only for themselves is the way to go, and tribes collapse.

An earlier argument you pulled up was about how HUG never made any real amount of caps on Hermit because they arent a real threat, so people dont bother. 1 thing im trying to point out with this statement is that you can pick and choose who you attack, but, if people arent even going to pull together to op Hermit, what was going to happen when a tribe like ODA attacked

They won't be able to take 10 villages in the middle of your cluster, considering they'd have to travel 48+ hours, that's plenty of time to defend those villages.

Read my first argument. There are too many variables.

Or... you know... prenoble and recap? They lose 5 nukes, and all you lose is whatever troops you had built in that village.

Why the hell would you have enough nobles to do that in the middle of your cluster? yes this is a coin world so you can just educate them wherever the hell you want, but... really.. shouldnt they be on the frontline where the majority of the trains are hitting you?

If you know what you are doing, it will not take very long, regardless of how much defense you have to shift around.

To me... having to spend any extra time shifting D around, sitting at your computer to snipe a train(s)... is well... laborious. Its time i could be spending doing other things. The less of it i have to do, the better. You can argue that to any decent defender, it takes as little time as they like, but when you have a lot of noble trains inbound, you cant have it all tagged, dodged stacked, sniped and prenobled in half an hours work.

And silva, seriously, if you can defend 150 trains in half an hours work, not lose any villages, and lose very minimal amounts of troops, explain how. Really. I know i cant, not with the methods i know. Truth be told i would actually love to be told how to successfully defend like that.

DeletedUser

why the hell would you have enough nobles to do that in the middle of your cluster? Yes this is a coin world so you can just educate them wherever the hell you want, but... Really.. Shouldnt they be on the frontline where the majority of the trains are hitting you?

you answered your own question here... It's a coin world, if you have to educate 3 or 4 nobles in your core to kill a bunch of enemy troops with no loss to your own troops why wouldn't you? It's a coin world remember i think i heard you saying that. You can kill them off and move them back to the frontline after...

and silva, seriously, if you can defend 150 trains in half an hours work, not lose any villages, and lose very minimal amounts of troops, explain how. Really. I know i cant, not with the methods i know. Truth be told i would actually love to be told how to successfully defend like that.

and if it was possible silva would know how. I don't recall him saying half an hour anywhere but didn't read this very carefully so may be wrong.

bold/green

DeletedUser

bold/green

Yeah i answered my own qeustion... i agree. didnt put much thought into that bit tbh :p

however, silva said it wouldnt take very long to deal with attacks. 'Not very long' isnt a definable term. To some, not very long is 30 minutes, to others its 4 hours. And it also changes with context. For example, a week isnt very long compared to a year.

To me, not very long in these terms is around the 30-45 minute mark. I want to know how long silva would spend defending an account under heavy fire, and if he would do it in a reasonable space of time, how he would achieve this. There are always better methods for doing everything than what we commonly use. Am i really so wrong for wanting to know them?

DeletedUser

Massive walls of text to read
brutal55vp0.gif