Interview Thread

DeletedUser

I stand corrected. And yer the interview was great wasn't it! :D

DeletedUser

Nah, Noir is boring. You should've interviewed someone more interested in lulz. :lol:

DeletedUser

Um just a request, can you not make the font orange? it kinda blends with the background, I have to highlight the text to read. Thanks!

DeletedUser

Good work Berny! Lot's of effort gone into this and I'm sure it's well appreciated by all readers.

The stringent recruitment policy on Jen's made me LOL :lol:

DeletedUser

Good work Berny! Lot's of effort gone into this and I'm sure it's well appreciated by all readers.

The stringent recruitment policy on Jen's made me LOL :lol:

Roflcopter! Without a doubt

DeletedUser

Sometimes the duke was busy or away. I wasnt going to wait 5 weeks for sbody to finish vacation.

Sometimes there wasn't an official leader (e.d:MUNTS) .

So it was the either sbody who accepted via my mail. Or sbody else (diplomat/baron/recruiter) which accepted. And to be honest these turned out fine!

DeletedUser63072

Bernard, can you please find out what is happening with MUNTS. They seem to have lost a chunk of points & members. For a tribe that was so tight, its interesting to see what went wrong. Their key personnel are still there, so maybe they have inactives.
You just seem like the right person to ask now lol....

DeletedUser

Lol mate. Im busy with 20 interviews right now. Ill ask Shaede if he wants to talk about it :D

DeletedUser

Now the MOMENT everybody has been waiting for!!!
[spoil]

[spoil]
actually come to think of it, it might not be :/[/spoil]

[spoil]I have done a special interview with a leader of a relatively small tribe. The leader is merlins lovechild. She leads a top 30 tribe “30 Seconds to Mars”. The reason why I held this interview is to give a chance to a smaller player who is relatively new to the game to explain her version of w55. Enjoy! :)

Name: merlins lovechild
OD: 931.994 (727.)
Tribe:30 STM
Map

Berny2485: Hiya Merlins lovechild, Thank you for agreeing to do this exclusive interview with myself. If you could, please tell me a bit about yourself (age, profession, education, nationality, tw experience etc..)

Merlins lovechild: after several years of working various jobs, I returned to education and am about to enter my final year of a Biochemistry degree. I am English, but my second year of my degree was an exchange to the USA which was exciting!!
I have experienced health issues recently which saw me having to take a year out of uni and as I found myself at a loose end, I started playing TW after I saw my friend playing it. So I have only been playing since feb of this year.55 was my first world but I soon joined others in order to speed up the learning curve.

Berny2485: You just answered my second question lol :D Starting earlier this year: How hard is it for a new player, such as yourself to learn the basics and the strategy of the game?

merlins lovechild: well, for me it was really tough as I didn't join a tribe-I started my own!! I floundered for a while and got rimmed (but I learnt a lot from the player who rimmed me-thank you cjslayer16) but I joined a tribe in w56 and soon started to pick things up. Joining a tribe is definitely the way to go to learn the game-I was a stubborn dunce in the beginning of my time in 55!

Berny2485: I can imagine how hard it is to be not only a new player, but also a new duke. What pushed you to start a tribe?

Merlins lovechild: Don't laugh, ok? When I started in the world I didn't see any tribe with a name I liked so I started my own. It really is that simple!!

Berny2485: That answer actually surprised me :) I was expecting more on the lines of “Im a newb, I didn’t know how… :D” (joking) What do you hope the future of w55 holds for yourself and your tribe?

Merlins lovechild: well, I am hoping for many more messages from 30 Seconds To Mars fans!!!
Seriously though, I am surprised by how far I have come-nobody was more shocked than I was when players asked could they join me!!

I am proud of my merry bunch and I hope that we continue to grow as I would like us to be around for quite some time.
Getting into the top 20 would be an awesome achievement, and I think it is what we should be aiming for at this point

Berny2485: Achieving any high rank demands knowledge of the gameplay, and having a sense of strategy. How would you achieve top 20?

Merlins lovechild: Hey, I'm a fast learner and I always listen to others. I have some knowledge now and some tribe members who are knowledgeable, as well as friendships with other players and I gain wisdom from every source I interact with. I never stop learning and so have no doubt that I will possess that required knowledge, and I have always been something of a strategist ;) I like to think we will achieve top 20 by being consistent and not trying to grow too fast-I am a firm believer in troops over points

Berny2485: If you had the opportunity to ask a question to wwtbmf (WhoWantsToBeMyFarm), what would it be?

Merlins Lovechild: wow, I never thought about that. I would obviously listen to anything he/they have to say in terms of advice (I would be a fool not to) but if I could only ask one thing I guess it would be: if you as a player now could go back and talk to you as a brand new player, what ONE piece of advice would you be sure to pass on?

Berny2485: This will be my last and final question. Do you have anything to say to the w55 General Public?

Merlins lovechild: erm....hello? and you should all check out the music of 30 Seconds to Mars

Berny2485: Thanks a lot mate!! [/spoil][/spoil]

There you have it. Hope it was worth it lol :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Berny2485: If you had the opportunity to ask a question to wwtbmf (WhoWantsToBeMyFarm), what would it be?

Merlins Lovechild: wow, I never thought about that. I would obviously listen to anything he/they have to say in terms of advice (I would be a fool not to) but if I could only ask one thing I guess it would be: if you as a player now could go back and talk to you as a brand new player, what ONE piece of advice would you be sure to pass on?

Hi love child, this is Nikki from whowantstobemyfarm.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a brand new player I would tell myself to remember this is a game and is not as important as the friendships that are made here because cyber villages are not real but friendships are. I would tell myself to relax and have fun and always remember to act the way I do in real life because people only can judge your character here by how they see you playing the game.:icon_wink:

dunn61984

As a player on WWTBMF, I would tell the younger, more attractive me that this game has a very large learning curve. Dont be afraid to ask questions of those who know more about the game than you do as they are usually very willing to help out newer players. Above all else, HAVE FUN as it is a game after all. :)

DeletedUser24708

I must say, I found this topic to be a great read. It gave a brilliant at how the majority of the big tribes work, and gave them more of a personality than the stats we see each day. Then again, I would have found the interview for area & 4ZL? to be interesting, maybe keep working on getting them done for us? Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this topic, nice one!

DeletedUser

4zl? Is actually done mojojo, need to read comments... :D yer i should of added it to the list :S

Thanks! Im glad its helped! More to come as well!! :)

DeletedUser24708

Oops! Sorry! I just read the first interview with the first ones on :p sorry! Just let me find it and I will have some more feedback ;) haha