I remember my first kiss, and that look on your face
I remember that one holiday, and that beautiful sunset
I look at the clock, and notice it is ticking at a slower rate

I remember my life, the memories, I remember it all
I remember losing you, and I remember pain
I remember being hurt over and over again
I look at the clock, and notice it is ticking at a faster rate

I continue to stare at the clock, and I start to think
How is this possible, time going faster and slower?
I suppose it's how life is, bad times make the time go by
And at the very moment I realise this, I look at the clock

It stopped ticking.

DeletedUser

Cuz I'm not used to you writing good stuff! xD
Also: GET YOUR ASS ON SKYPE NAO!

DeletedUser

I will write something down :)

Doctor Jeroen is great
I know him from the dutch server
He is funny
He is crazy
Het is nice
bla bla bla

DeletedUser

Omg Kristy, get your ass back to W60 where you belong :lol:

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I have something I need to write that's just lurking on the edge of my consciousness... It's really irritating me. These little haiku isn't quite it, but it's something.

See the little bird
sitting alone in the tree
until the wind comes.

Ay de mi traición!
Aunque te amo, Amor,
doy un narciso.

Oh my betrayal!
Even though I love you, Love,
I give a daffodil.

(Hush, I couldn't figure out how to translate the last line with the right number of syllables! XD)

DeletedUser

Old:

[spoil]Why?

It's silent. He sits there, staring at the screen with an expression of faint solemnity mixed with anger and sadness. A volatile mix, it brews inside him, reaching boiling point. He siphons it off with his writing, but it never stops. It never ends.

His unnatural, his perfectly rising circumstances were just another ploy by life, another moment of self confidence, only to be snatched away at the last second by his dastardly fears' realizations.

As if to mock him, a few good days of pure happiness were handed to him. His hope, his dream, was on its way to reality. He recalls the feeling of sadness and joy at the mention of it, and what a mix that was as well, more potent than any he'd felt of the same combination before.

His future looked bright, his eyes were aimed up at the stars, and he was flying gloriously. For the briefest of moments, he flew upwards.

Nevertheless, what goes up can only come back down. As he flew, he became aware of a strange sensation. One of weightlessness, where time seemed to stand still. Things worsened slowly, immeasurably, until he had all but ground to a halt. And then it all came crashing down. The force of gravity pounded on him, crushed him.

Never one to give up slowly, he fought the force. He rose painfully, with the semblance of a building under construction. As he was clambering to his knees, trying to get the shattered confidence of his mind pieced back together, the angry and stubborn hand of life snatched it from him and crushed it within its immense grip.

He had almost had it. He had almost left Earth's orbit, to reach higher places. All at once, it was gone.

His confidence in himself? Gone in the matter of a few days.
His confidence in the goodness of others? Already degraded, it was destroyed and incinerated.
Confidence in him? Broken to little pieces, and the pieces were dissolved, leaving nothing.

He falls into an abyss, a place no one can touch him. The feeling of weightlessness he had once felt is now a crushing gravity of extreme proportions. His very lungs are fighting for air, as he struggles to fly. But he cannot grow wings, nor can he stop his descent. He can only fall farther and farther into the darkness. And when he hits the bottom, with a deafening thud, dazed and broken, he'll have lost himself among the pressure.[/spoil]

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Old:

[spoil]Why?

It's silent. He sits there, staring at the screen with an expression of faint solemnity mixed with anger and sadness. A volatile mix, it brews inside him, reaching boiling point. He siphons it off with his writing, but it never stops. It never ends.

His unnatural, his perfectly rising circumstances were just another ploy by life, another moment of self confidence, only to be snatched away at the last second by his dastardly fears' realizations.

As if to mock him, a few good days of pure happiness were handed to him. His hope, his dream, was on its way to reality. He recalls the feeling of sadness and joy at the mention of it, and what a mix that was as well, more potent than any he'd felt of the same combination before.

His future looked bright, his eyes were aimed up at the stars, and he was flying gloriously. For the briefest of moments, he flew upwards.

Nevertheless, what goes up can only come back down. As he flew, he became aware of a strange sensation. One of weightlessness, where time seemed to stand still. Things worsened slowly, immeasurably, until he had all but ground to a halt. And then it all came crashing down. The force of gravity pounded on him, crushed him.

Never one to give up slowly, he fought the force. He rose painfully, with the semblance of a building under construction. As he was clambering to his knees, trying to get the shattered confidence of his mind pieced back together, the angry and stubborn hand of life snatched it from him and crushed it within its immense grip.

He had almost had it. He had almost left Earth's orbit, to reach higher places. All at once, it was gone.

His confidence in himself? Gone in the matter of a few days.
His confidence in the goodness of others? Already degraded, it was destroyed and incinerated.
Confidence in him? Broken to little pieces, and the pieces were dissolved, leaving nothing.

He falls into an abyss, a place no one can touch him. The feeling of weightlessness he had once felt is now a crushing gravity of extreme proportions. His very lungs are fighting for air, as he struggles to fly. But he cannot grow wings, nor can he stop his descent. He can only fall farther and farther into the darkness. And when he hits the bottom, with a deafening thud, dazed and broken, he'll have lost himself among the pressure.[/spoil]
That is really dark. And you just earned yourself some huggles because of it.
emoticon-0134-bear.gif
emoticon-0134-bear.gif
emoticon-0134-bear.gif

DeletedUser

Before WWII, my grandmother married grandpa
She carried around with a little baby for nine months, 8 times!
She dragged the pram with her, everywhere, for 15 years
And now she's old. So incredibly old!

She has sewn new clothes from old for her entire life.
And she turned around every coin her husband earned for at least 3 times
She has raised her kids, and told them farewell when they left home
And now the wind of 80 autumns has turned her hair to go gray

She looks through the window all day, and stares outside
And she responds only when someone calls her maiden name
When she hears it, she starts to twinkle and shine again
Because she is sure that her mom will come and pick her up!

Then she gets up, and wants to swim with dolphins
Then she wants to go outside, in the sun, without her coat
Sometimes she suddenly starts to sing a song
That there are people dancing on the bridge of Avignon

After the war, grandma came to stand next to grandpa's grave
The grave of her husband, her sweet husband, who had died way too early
The day after, she ditched his clothes, and the bed for two persons
And she went on with her life. Without her man. She just went on.

In blue and pink, she knitted whole stacks of sweaters
For every grandchild, she made room in her little house, to let them stay over
But then she lost their names, their faces, their memories
She's lost everything. Everything. Everything.
And now she is, except for death, past tense already

She looks through the window all day, and stares outside
And she responds only when someone calls her maiden name
When she hears it, she starts to twinkle and shine again
Because she is sure that her mom will come and pick her up!

Then she gets up, and wants to swim with dolphins
Then she wants to go outside, in the sun, without her coat
Sometimes she suddenly starts to sing a song
That there are people dancing on the bridge of Avignon

On the bridge of Avignon, she wants to dance
Wants to dance. On the bridge of Avignon
Back to the very start, although she's old
Her mind is back to the start, where she began

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Dark was the majority of what I wrote at that time. I find inspiration doesn't come to me in happy form :icon_eek:.

DeletedUser

Herp derp derp herp derp
Herp de derp herpitty derp
Hurr durr derp de herp

^ haiku

DeletedUser

I'm adding a post here to revive this because I was re-reading something I didn't even remember writing, and wanted to share. Bit cheesy, so forgive me :icon_redface::

[spoil]To focus he has to go forward, but to think he must go backward.

He cannot focus, though. He is distracted, his mind elsewhere. He cannot draw himself back to where he is, nor see the tasks in front of him. His brothers notice his distraction, his inability to think, and stare at him with questioning looks. His unresponsiveness is uncharacteristic, and it worries them. They give him inquisitive looks and continue to stare, but he does not move or otherwise show any response.

They wait for him, staring, for a full hour, but he does not resume the hunt. He has lain down, and is staring with a passionate intensity at the ground in front of him. What he sees there has stopped him in his tracks, and his hunt for food no longer matters. He need not hunt anymore, if he can only track what he has seen.

His pack does not see it, nor could they. They cannot understand it, because they never saw what he had seen; never experienced what he had. To them, it is a normal occurrence with no distinguishing characteristics.

His pack howls, nuzzles him, but still he lays examining the ground. It has grabbed his attention, and his focus is elsewhere.

The wolves in his pack move on, but still he stares. When they are gone from his sight, having abandoned him, he rises. He stands a full half-foot taller than any of his brothers had, and his rippling muscles allow him to run at speeds they could not hope to match. His sharp claws and powerful jaw with pointed teeth allow him to catch animals they could not. But this; this is something he does not know he can catch.

He is staring at...a pawprint.

He had not seen that print in so long, he thought it had gone out of the world. But here it was, only a foot in front of him, and no more than a day old. The print is distinct, as it has one particularly small indentation in the dirt so small that not even his packmates could see. Fortunately, he was also blessed with better eyesight, and so he sees it. Immediately, he takes off running, following the pawprint's direction and the prints that follow it.

He runs for 2 days and nights, not stopping for rest, food, or water. His every muscle cries out, his brain begs him to stop, but he refuses. His entire being is focused only on this search, on this trail. Finally, across the horizon, he sees a blurry dot. The maker of the print does not see him, and he approaches stealthily. Power would give him no advantage here, as it was not a battle he sought. He came close, close enough that the maker of the print smelled him and turned around.

It was her.

He had thought he lost her, when she had been stolen from him. He thought she had been killed, taken by the other wolves to be claimed by another for as long as they wanted her. But it seemed...it seemed they had not cared for her the same way he had. Her skin was taut against her bones, and she looked ready to collapse.

Since the day she was taken from him, he had taken all his anger and frustration and focused it into one place; his tasks. He grew stronger, faster, and more resilient. Before long, even bears could not stand against him when they attacked, for he had the power of 5 ordinary wolves and the intelligence of 20. He worked and trained and fought, all the while searching for any sign of her. She had been his, and if he could not have her because he could not find her in time, he would exact his revenge on those who took her from him.

He had searched for so long, he never expected to find his love again. It became a desperate search, always on his mind as he performed his regular tasks. Even as other wolves followed him and his power, and as he earned their loyalty by saving them from the dangers of the world, she was always on his mind, and he was always searching. All the pain he endured, just to find her, was immense.

But here she was.

Maybe he was living in the past, maybe she didn't remember him. But as she turned to him, and he saw the gash on her face, he saw the recognition in her eyes. He saw the love, and the pain. Within a moment, the beast in him reared up and roared, and the growl from his throat was low and menacing. Animals in the area scattered, suddenly stricken by an inexplicable fear. His anger knew no bounds, but when she nuzzled his neck, it died, and he was at peace. He brought her food, led her to water, and she slowly recovered.

He saw the life slowly creep back into her eyes and limbs, and when she finally registered what he had become, she looked on him with amazement and a deep respect. But as he noticed the respect in her expression, he touched her ever so lightly with his paw, as if to say, "Only for you".

When the wolves came back, looking to take back his love as their prisoner once more, his anger awoke once more. The wolves had no fear, knowing he would not let them escape even if they did run. They fought, him against a pack of wolves that could just as easily have been his brothers.

Suddenly, just as it appeared his wounds would incapacitate and kill him, his brothers swarmed around, destroying the remnants of the pack that would have taken his love. He had won. But the blood was not important to him, no more than the revenge was. All that mattered to him was one thing:

He had her.[/spoil]

DeletedUser

[spoil]I'm adding a post here to revive this because I was re-reading something I didn't even remember writing, and wanted to share. Bit cheesy, so forgive me :icon_redface::

[spoil]To focus he has to go forward, but to think he must go backward.

He cannot focus, though. He is distracted, his mind elsewhere. He cannot draw himself back to where he is, nor see the tasks in front of him. His brothers notice his distraction, his inability to think, and stare at him with questioning looks. His unresponsiveness is uncharacteristic, and it worries them. They give him inquisitive looks and continue to stare, but he does not move or otherwise show any response.

They wait for him, staring, for a full hour, but he does not resume the hunt. He has lain down, and is staring with a passionate intensity at the ground in front of him. What he sees there has stopped him in his tracks, and his hunt for food no longer matters. He need not hunt anymore, if he can only track what he has seen.

His pack does not see it, nor could they. They cannot understand it, because they never saw what he had seen; never experienced what he had. To them, it is a normal occurrence with no distinguishing characteristics.

His pack howls, nuzzles him, but still he lays examining the ground. It has grabbed his attention, and his focus is elsewhere.

The wolves in his pack move on, but still he stares. When they are gone from his sight, having abandoned him, he rises. He stands a full half-foot taller than any of his brothers had, and his rippling muscles allow him to run at speeds they could not hope to match. His sharp claws and powerful jaw with pointed teeth allow him to catch animals they could not. But this; this is something he does not know he can catch.

He is staring at...a pawprint.

He had not seen that print in so long, he thought it had gone out of the world. But here it was, only a foot in front of him, and no more than a day old. The print is distinct, as it has one particularly small indentation in the dirt so small that not even his packmates could see. Fortunately, he was also blessed with better eyesight, and so he sees it. Immediately, he takes off running, following the pawprint's direction and the prints that follow it.

He runs for 2 days and nights, not stopping for rest, food, or water. His every muscle cries out, his brain begs him to stop, but he refuses. His entire being is focused only on this search, on this trail. Finally, across the horizon, he sees a blurry dot. The maker of the print does not see him, and he approaches stealthily. Power would give him no advantage here, as it was not a battle he sought. He came close, close enough that the maker of the print smelled him and turned around.

It was her.

He had thought he lost her, when she had been stolen from him. He thought she had been killed, taken by the other wolves to be claimed by another for as long as they wanted her. But it seemed...it seemed they had not cared for her the same way he had. Her skin was taut against her bones, and she looked ready to collapse.

Since the day she was taken from him, he had taken all his anger and frustration and focused it into one place; his tasks. He grew stronger, faster, and more resilient. Before long, even bears could not stand against him when they attacked, for he had the power of 5 ordinary wolves and the intelligence of 20. He worked and trained and fought, all the while searching for any sign of her. She had been his, and if he could not have her because he could not find her in time, he would exact his revenge on those who took her from him.

He had searched for so long, he never expected to find his love again. It became a desperate search, always on his mind as he performed his regular tasks. Even as other wolves followed him and his power, and as he earned their loyalty by saving them from the dangers of the world, she was always on his mind, and he was always searching. All the pain he endured, just to find her, was immense.

But here she was.

Maybe he was living in the past, maybe she didn't remember him. But as she turned to him, and he saw the gash on her face, he saw the recognition in her eyes. He saw the love, and the pain. Within a moment, the beast in him reared up and roared, and the growl from his throat was low and menacing. Animals in the area scattered, suddenly stricken by an inexplicable fear. His anger knew no bounds, but when she nuzzled his neck, it died, and he was at peace. He brought her food, led her to water, and she slowly recovered.

He saw the life slowly creep back into her eyes and limbs, and when she finally registered what he had become, she looked on him with amazement and a deep respect. But as he noticed the respect in her expression, he touched her ever so lightly with his paw, as if to say, "Only for you".

When the wolves came back, looking to take back his love as their prisoner once more, his anger awoke once more. The wolves had no fear, knowing he would not let them escape even if they did run. They fought, him against a pack of wolves that could just as easily have been his brothers.

Suddenly, just as it appeared his wounds would incapacitate and kill him, his brothers swarmed around, destroying the remnants of the pack that would have taken his love. He had won. But the blood was not important to him, no more than the revenge was. All that mattered to him was one thing:

He had her.[/spoil][/spoil]

I liked it...
Do you write as a hobby or more?

If you don't mind I wouldn't mind reading more of your writings,
I may even post some of my own....

Though as I am Irish and it was St. Patricks day yesterday I am not willing to look for what I've written, nor can I remember where I've left them :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

I only write as a hobby, and thanks :). I also have a blog, but that's not so much stories as it is thoughts being recorded on the internet :icon_razz:.

And let's be honest, those are the funniest writings. You should definitely find them :icon_biggrin:.