Discussion: Winter event 2012

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
i cleared one viking village in w63 with minimal loss (like 300 axe,50 lc were lost)..there were 6k vikings there.After clearing i found it has like 10mil of each resource.:)

DeletedUser

So...I attack a viking village, after looting it, the village moves on, but my troops are still in transit. Yet the command is canceled and apparently I'm not getting my resources anymore?

Subwind

Seriously, we lose any resources looted that are not home from the village after it goes?

I had 12k of each due home in an hour, village is gone, resources are gone.

~Matt

DeletedUser

Seriously, we lose any resources looted that are not home from the village after it goes?

~Matt

I believe we figured out the reason why you can spend 60 pps to extend it for an hour...

DeletedUser

This feature is completely useless on W66 where most players only have one villa, if your defensive then its a unfair advantage on those players who can clear :(

DeletedUser

Not really cheating; Morthy & Crew generally do something for everybody for christmas rather it's free PP for 3 days or something that everybody can enjoy and it's different. They also usually open up speed worlds during holidays. Happens every year.. they just wanted to try something new. I'm enjoying it. Makes start up little more enjoyable :lol:

Edward M Cullen

i attacked one on the casual world, got robber award but none of the 14k resources the report said I was getting :-(

found the winter event screen... need 20k furs just to activate the 10 hours bonus...

sorry but totally not worth the loss in resources

Last edited:

DeletedUser109019

Aye, it seems that if the village disappears during your return, the resources disappear and the return time resets to whatever it would be to return from the village. I'm praying that this is a bug (that will be fixed) as, not only are we not receiving the resources that we lost units for, but we have to wait extra time to get our units back for more farming.
I'm not sure on if we still receive the OD or not... one would hope so...
I did receive my furs though.

DeletedUser

~Matt

i really hope that this is just a bug that will be fixed. i sent what would have been my normal farm run all at a viking village and then i get the return error. sux.

Cancelled command after (|) K0

DeletedUser

Have enough Fur collected to activate one bonus in W63. Any suggestions which one is better?!

Also I wish that loss of troops in clearing the Viking Camps were proportionate (ratio wise). It seems too many LCs are being killed in compared to Axes. MAs are the most resistant so far. So one must include a good number of MAs to minimize losses.

DeletedUser99855

Not getting resources once the viking village has gone is a bug and it has been confirmed that it will be fixed.

I think this is a pretty sweet event to be honest. Takes care of not farming during the attack breaks while really reducing the amount of time farming would take.

And it's a nice change, nice resources, nice ODA, nice bonuses.

I don't think this is something just to make money off people. I think the way they've been spread out throughout the world is pretty much perfect, at least in w66 where people have only one village. In other worlds it may be different.

All in all I am a happy bunny :D

pizzahappy

**edited - dispointment due to Viking bug

Last edited: