Greatest TW Player Ever

Michael Corleone.

Reading back on this thread, some of the names that were said made me chuckle.

I never really contributed to this thread in its heyday. But I will just list players that I got to witness and play with or against that I think highly of:

• Jammer0
  • K-MaGiC
  • 25/MurderousMouse
  • Lodda/Jager à a great co playing duo
  • Lardingd
  • Darthearth
  • Raoulduke
  • Rqzaniq
  • Champion
  • Jonathan1979

DeletedUser116751

I ave been playing this game for 7 - 8 years, haven't heard of most of these names, but back then I was never on externals

DeletedUser103944

Heh, greatest is a very broad term, in regards to playing ability no one can claim to be or claim another to be the 'best' unless every player from past and present joins 3-4 worlds of various settings, and has an equal footing i.e no co-players, same activity etc. Which isn't going to happen. Rank 1 on these worlds would be considered the best tw player of all time imo.

You could also pin down greatness to how famous a player is, in this case the trophy would probably go to Nauz. In terms of startup, off the top of my head, Petar was good back when he played. Late game? I dont usually stick around long enough so my opinion isn't valid here.

P.S. stop hating on others who claim a said person to be the 'greatest' tw player of all time, it is their opinion and they are entitled to it.

DeletedUser19041

Reading through this I felt the need to write down some of the best I've played with

Lauradestroya
Mattcurr
Nauz
RaoulDuke
Champion
Xplicid/Bite.me - those two co-playing were pretty damn good

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Petar's good, and despite jokes that he was a robot and that PETAR was an acronym, he really never had explosive starts (good at startup, yes, but not anything unusual for a top player except for when he co-played with 3 other people on 4 Noble Truths, and even then he was rank 2).

I'm biased, but if I picked top 3 startup players, I'd give myself and hoang a tie for 1st, and dent third.

Only time I've seen dent be active since he got good and not take rank 1 at startup was W63, where I kept him at rank 2 solo while he had 2 co-players.

Last edited:

mattcurr

Petar's good, and despite jokes that he was a robot and that PETAR was an acronym, he really never had explosive starts (good at startup, yes, but not anything unusual for a top player except for when he co-played with 3 other people on 4 Noble Truths, and even then he was rank 2).

Petar is consistent, reliable, team based, exceptional at timing, and a good influence on the tribes he was in. It's not all about where you're ranked. Especially when we're talking about people who are all going to be at the top of the worlds they play. Where as someone like hoang as you mentioned was about as useful to the tribe as a sack of potatoes, the true irony of that one is that hoang was known as a "timer" in that uk world because petar and I sniped for him and sent his trains -_-

Last edited:

Michael Corleone.

Start up is such a small aspect of this game. I would gladly take Petar on my tribe any day over someone like hoang. This discussion has really become a joke.

DeletedUser

Jirki88 and cpt. jack both were amazing players and great friends, jester as well untill he got screwed over

DeletedUser

There's no greatest player. Tonnes of people can play this game to a satisfactory level nowadays to achieve rank 1 with the right level of activity, good choices and i guess the right luck. Eight years ago people didn't know how to play, so there was bound to be some people who knew more than others and were thus "better". I for one thought I needed boats to attack other continents.

Let's talk about "favourite" players. People you had the most fun playing with. Nauz won't win that lol.

I'm gonna go with Kenny :3