Greatest TW Player Ever

twenty-five

Lol @ most posters on the externals are good. That's simply not true. There are some truly appalling players who post, to know this you just need to look at the spread of misinformation throughout the various different forum sections. If your average poster is not getting basic things right, how they can be considered good is beyond me.

The rest of your post was kinda disagreeing with somewhat of an in-joke! He talks about rank a lot, so I was just messing with him.

Although... I do disagree about consistent high rank representing success, it's a solid indicator of it for sure. From what I've seen recently there are quite a few players who don't understand the game beyond pressing farm buttons early on, and that allows achievement of high rank purely through what is essentially brute force. Farming doesn't make you good but you can achieve high rank simply by doing a lot of it. Although I would say there is a correlation between those who farm and those who are good for sure. It's not a guarantee of being good though, and hence neither can rank be (even consistently).

satorbg

Lol @ most posters on the externals are good. That's simply not true. There are some truly appalling players who post, to know this you just need to look at the spread of misinformation throughout the various different forum sections. If your average poster is not getting basic things right, how they can be considered good is beyond me.

The rest of your post was kinda disagreeing with somewhat of an in-joke! He talks about rank a lot, so I was just messing with him.

Although... I do disagree about consistent high rank representing success, it's a solid indicator of it for sure. From what I've seen recently there are quite a few players who don't understand the game beyond pressing farm buttons early on, and that allows achievement of high rank purely through what is essentially brute force. Farming doesn't make you good but you can achieve high rank simply by doing a lot of it. Although I would say there is a correlation between those who farm and those who are good for sure. It's not a guarantee of being good though, and hence neither can rank be (even consistently).

You can't gain high ranks solely through active farming though it's certainyl a big part of it for the first few weeks/months of the game. Target chocie come nobling is too, as is whether to clear/cat nearby threats or not etc.

But if you're within the top ranks for dozens of worlds then you're definitely consistently proving you know how to play correctly up to a point.

mattcurr

But if you're within the top ranks for dozens of worlds then you're definitely consistently proving you know how to play correctly up to a point.

Ill ignore the first part which I disagree with as well and just talk about this. I am not sure what country you are from, but in the USA for american football there is a draft every year of all the college players going into the pros. There is something called the scouting combine, where they measure every players ability to run, lift weights, throw, run routes, cut, jump, their hand size, their weight, their muscle density, their fat content, their intelligence, they interview with the teams, basically every statistical aspect that would go into making a good player. Every year there is a player similar to one like Jamarcus Russel, debateably the most gifted quaterback of all time physically, every year a team takes such a player. And half of the time the player never pans out to anything, then you get a player like Tom Brady, weak arm, slow to run, not a physical enough player to be drafted highly at all, gets drafted in the 6th round, every team in the entire league bypassing him more than once. He is possibly the best qb of the last 20 years.

Knowing how to start quickly simply gives you the tools to be a good player. It does not make you a good player

twenty-five

You can't gain high ranks solely through active farming though it's certainyl a big part of it for the first few weeks/months of the game. Target chocie come nobling is too, as is whether to clear/cat nearby threats or not etc.

Yes you can, I see it happen every world. I also see the same people manage it. Farming is so important early game is overrides pretty much everything else. Target choice doesn't stop you being top 20, it might stop you being top 5 though.

No you're not, there are multiple counter examples to this fact I'm afraid. Lodda in particular springs to mind as someone who whilst an "alright" player has significant gaps in his playing ability made up simply by the fact he farms a lot. That's mid game. There are even more counter examples to the fact in start up. Activity abuse + farming = top 20 rank.

Hell I'm a counter example to the fact myself... I got maybe 10-15 top 20s through just farming myself between W26 and W50ish, and I didn't consider myself good (and nobody should have).

Last edited:

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Farming is enough to do relatively well, but there's certainly more than that that matters even early on.

Many worlds I have outranked and out-trooped people who outfarmed me. They were either more aggressive (ie. wasted troops clearing farms they didn't need), built inefficiently (150 hour troop queues are definitely not the route to great success), or had other large holes in their understanding of the game which let them down despite either being a far more active farmer ( or as is often the case, they were botting).

uk6 there were three very active accounts, all played by people most would consider great, but differences in strategy set them apart from each other.

One account - ziffnab (moloco and three other Germans) had the most farmed, the highest HQ, and the fewest troops, yet had 30 farm the soonest (very long troop queues).

One account - ALIPW (me, sneggy, *basilisk) had the least farmed, the most troops, the lowest HQ, and first academy on the world.

The final account - High Till I Die (Miggy, Grant, Trapkid), had the second most farmed, second most troops, middle-of-the-road HQ level.

The account that noble rushed was the only account that ever reached two villages, despite farming the least of the three. The other two spent more resources on their village only for it to be taken from them by someone that farmed less than they did.

An account that did not farm the most on the world did not just wind up rank 1, it wound up being more than double the points of rank 2 after nobling.

twenty-five

Nauz, nauz chill! I'm certainly not claiming that farming = best rank, it's that farming is sufficient to achieve top 20 and occasionally top 10. Stop turning it into something it isn't to throw your ego into the mix!

mattcurr

Farming is enough to do relatively well, but there's certainly more than that that matters even early on.

Many worlds I have outranked and out-trooped people who outfarmed me. They were either more aggressive (ie. wasted troops clearing farms they didn't need), built inefficiently (150 hour troop queues are definitely not the route to great success), or had other large holes in their understanding of the game which let them down despite either being a far more active farmer ( or as is often the case, they were botting).

uk6 there were three very active accounts, all played by people most would consider great, but differences in strategy set them apart from each other.

One account - ziffnab (moloco and three other Germans) had the most farmed, the highest HQ, and the fewest troops, yet had 30 farm the soonest (very long troop queues).

One account - ALIPW (me, sneggy, *basilisk) had the least farmed, the most troops, the lowest HQ, and first academy on the world.

The final account - High Till I Die (Miggy, Grant, Trapkid), had the second most farmed, second most troops, middle-of-the-road HQ level.

The account that noble rushed was the only account that ever reached two villages, despite farming the least of the three. The other two spent more resources on their village only for it to be taken from them by someone that farmed less than they did.

An account that did not farm the most on the world did not just wind up rank 1, it wound up being more than double the points of rank 2 after nobling.

Im convinced Nauz is goat

Asylum Escapee

Growing fast is not hard. Farming is a bit harder, but not that much. I always massively outgrow everyone around me, but I am not that good at picking targets to noble and usually rely on my propaganda skills to cheat a bit and get some free villages. I am also not good at troop use early game and have a hard time deciding when to send out a train.

If I was active enough, I could keep within 90% of the points of the best, but when nobles come out, i'd fall behind.

I'd say i'm 98% as good as someone like nauz at building troops and buildings efficiently, maybe 80-90% as good at farming, but i'm shit at target selection and that's what matters.

Garrock

So, it's been nearly 2 years since I've checked these forums or played... I see some things never change, and the topic of who's the best ever continues to be hotly debated. Many great names are tossed around here, a great few I've never heard of, a few I've only heard legend of, and then those like Nauz, hoang, PP, tharg, and others... and we'll never know. Over the many years of this games existence there have been 100s of great players, who's margin of skill over the others is so slim that on any given world they could potentially beat any other player of all time given the right set of circumstances. Ultimately tribal wars is a TEAM game and it is those team mates, the quality, loyalty, and cooperative efforts that will lift one great player over another. Nauz, you have proven throughout the years to consistently be one of the very best, kudos, you rank in my personal top ten, despite our differences. I will say that Jayjayjay, or Jay, or Raven, among other aliases was in that slimmest of margins to also be in the top ten, and is my personal favorite... he had what I consider the best balance of start-up speed, troop build, and the right amount of early aggressiveness. In other words, the most well rounded TW player I had ever had the pleasure of playing with.

May the debate rage on.

/Cheers from the grave

Last edited:

mattcurr

margin of skill over the others is so slim that on any given world they could potentially beat any other player of all time given the right set of circumstances. Ultimately tribal wars is a TEAM game and it is those team mates, the quality, loyalty, and cooperative efforts that will lift one great player over another what I consider the best balance of start-up speed, troop build, and the right amount of early aggressiveness. In other words, the most well rounded TW player I had ever had the pleasure of playing with

I agree with all of that 100%. Though ive only every spoken with jay jay, and dont know his skill that is the skill set I search for. Id think if lastwish, murph, and rawr were active and motivated when they joined you in 67 they would fit that bill as well. Id actually put most of the north of my tribe, the core players I brought in that category. Half of whom eventually joined you when I quit? I believe

Last edited:

shveik

Ill ignore the first part which I disagree with as well and just talk about this. I am not sure what country you are from, but in the USA for american football there is a draft every year of all the college players going into the pros. There is something called the scouting combine, where they measure every players ability to run, lift weights, throw, run routes, cut, jump, their hand size, their weight, their muscle density, their fat content, their intelligence, they interview with the teams, basically every statistical aspect that would go into making a good player. Every year there is a player similar to one like Jamarcus Russel, debateably the most gifted quaterback of all time physically, every year a team takes such a player. And half of the time the player never pans out to anything, then you get a player like Tom Brady, weak arm, slow to run, not a physical enough player to be drafted highly at all, gets drafted in the 6th round, every team in the entire league bypassing him more than once. He is possibly the best qb of the last 20 years.

Knowing how to start quickly simply gives you the tools to be a good player. It does not make you a good player

The guy looks like a countryman - Bulgarian (bg at the end) ... Maybe he doesn't know these things about american football, the draft also applied for MLB, NBA, NHL and maybe MLS (it's football not soccer) ... But it's a shame that you put a cheaters into the game - Patriots looks like :p
And really Brady was a 6th round pick ? Jeeeeez ...

But one point - knowing how to start quickly simply show also that you can adopt to the settings faster ... Which is somehow like a sign that you can be a good player ... So you show Russel as example ... Yeah sometimes 1 picks strugle, but here comes the scouts Job - to find their weaknesses ... So how many 6 round pick you have into your pocket? Cause I think I can name a lot of 1 round pick and maybe will strugle with Joe Montana - but he is "The Cool Joe" - 3rd or 4th round pick ...

Tnx for your patience ladies and gentlemans !!! Have a great night and go Hawks (it's aplied for Blackhawks, yeah secretly want Seahawks to win that superbowl and don't care about Atlanta Hawks), but think that Devils are ok :p

Tnx again

Last edited:

shveik

:lol: Hi shveik

Hallo hallo … yes I'm alive :icon_wink:

Growing fast is not hard. Farming is a bit harder, but not that much. I always massively outgrow everyone around me, but I am not that good at picking targets to noble and usually rely on my propaganda skills to cheat a bit and get some free villages. I am also not good at troop use early game and have a hard time deciding when to send out a train.

If I was active enough, I could keep within 90% of the points of the best, but when nobles come out, i'd fall behind.

I'd say i'm 98% as good as someone like nauz at building troops and buildings efficiently, maybe 80-90% as good at farming, but i'm shit at target selection and that's what matters.

So from all that you said you a perfect member for every tribe … Since you are doing in OK it's no matter that YOU'LL FALL BEHIND ...
That fall behind is a bit sad for me (from my point of view), but since you follow your line of playing (sorry don't care about these %) and you think that is the perfect that suites your playing style then maybe someday you will not care about fall behind. So someday you will finish first or whatever position you want …
About target selections – that tough and definitely maybe if you select the target a bit earlier, look at their grow and other factors maybe will be a bit easy … But everyone hit stacks, everyone hit free villages, everyone can be chased and etc. … So if you think you are good at these propaganda skill (I didn't like it but ….) , be the best then …

That's all :lol:
But really if you care about you'll fall behind just as a rank, please didn't read these bull*hit words above …

Have a great night

DeletedUser

The guy looks like a countryman - Bulgarian (bg at the end) ... Maybe he doesn't know these things about american football, the draft also applied for MLB, NBA, NHL and maybe MLS (it's football not soccer) ... But it's a shame that you put a cheaters into the game - Patriots looks like :p
And really Brady was a 6th round pick ? Jeeeeez ...

But one point - knowing how to start quickly simply show also that you can adopt to the settings faster ... Which is somehow like a sign that you can be a good player ... So you show Russel as example ... Yeah sometimes 1 picks strugle, but here comes the scouts Job - to find their weaknesses ... So how many 6 round pick you have into your pocket? Cause I think I can name a lot of 1 round pick and maybe will strugle with Joe Montana - but he is "The Cool Joe" - 3rd or 4th round pick ...

Tnx for your patience ladies and gentlemans !!! Have a great night and go Hawks (it's aplied for Blackhawks, yeah secretly want Seahawks to win that superbowl and don't care about Atlanta Hawks), but think that Devils are ok :p

Tnx again

How have you been my brother ? Get back in touch.

This is a moot discussion, not because its impossible to narrow down the best ever, but because the criterion used here is incorrect.

Anything and everything based on game mechanics (timing, expansion, defending, startup, etc) is easily replicable more or less given the activity, premium, activity, and basic competence.

Let me change the parameters. Who has influenced the game the most (playing wise not in terms of development; development wise that would be Morthy) Who has ruined or improved the experience of most number of players ? who has ha the strongest network of tribemates ? Who has manipulated entire worlds on puppet strings ?

Thats who the best is. That is irreplicable and unique to the individual. Try and think of it that way.

Asylum Escapee

I've ruined the experience of the most players, but that might have been done by mooning them on skype instead of by skill.

Michael Corleone.

I am not sure if I agree with that assessment. If using influence in the game as a measure..people would say players like Openeye who came out with his own HC strategy which is god awful.

shveik

How have you been my brother ? Get back in touch.

This is a moot discussion, not because its impossible to narrow down the best ever, but because the criterion used here is incorrect.

Anything and everything based on game mechanics (timing, expansion, defending, startup, etc) is easily replicable more or less given the activity, premium, activity, and basic competence.

Let me change the parameters. Who has influenced the game the most (playing wise not in terms of development; development wise that would be Morthy) Who has ruined or improved the experience of most number of players ? who has ha the strongest network of tribemates ? Who has manipulated entire worlds on puppet strings ?

Thats who the best is. That is irreplicable and unique to the individual. Try and think of it that way.

Hey ya ... All is ok or looks like :icon_rolleyes:

Agree that everything based on game mechanics is replicable, not easy but it is ... But still it's depend of the persons, are they are willing to learn,are they try to discover new stuffs , rediscover old once or whatever ... Cause simply that is how the human being work - you can send a train once , you will send it 100 time but there had a chance under some circumstances you can fail cause of lag or knowing that is laggy you will be affraid to send that train and will pass it to a sitter maybe ... So there had some persons who will send that train and not affraid to send it - eh spikes always comes to play but that's something else ...
So these skills are not so easy replicable - it's simple they are individual ...

Here I stop :icon_rolleyes:

I like the parameters , new once but again it's too individual ... There have some persons that are introverts, some a extroverts , some didn't speak a lot but know what is needed to be done in-game and in the forums, some persons that just can explain what they are trying to say (like me :lol:), some persons are just not good teachers ...

So NO chance to find the greatest TW player ... So you know I hate ego (TBH don't know why) and every close to me know that ... So if you guys are still looking for that Player and I think for cause I can change myself a bit - so I'M THE GREATEST TW PLAYER :icon_evil: ... Period , please !!!

So ego is done ... So I hope everyone understand what I'm trying to say ... Tnx in advance !!!
So about Brady ... Yeah he can be number one QB or even player in NFL history and that's it ... The chart will be done by some people that had some visions about the game which is OK ... More people is better ... But the problem is that Brady (yeah 6th round pick, but since he is in NFL that doesn#t matter) didn't play against same persons like Joe Montana (this is only example), didn't practice the same way like 2010 and 1980, didn't breathe the same air, didn't use the same pills to recover, didn't eat the same food and f*ck me didn't smoke the same s*hit like 80's ...

And a song for a good night !!!
Bling Dog - Beyond My Reach

Last edited: