Discussion: Update to version 8.16

DeletedUser

b0971d2b530d6be7a386067588748fe3.png

Now it looks like someone has taken multiple dumps all over my screen. Thanks InnoGames staff for screwing with my gaming experience. You won't be receiving another dime from me, as has been the case for years on multiple worlds.

It was a simple case of listening to the player base on them and you continue to maintain its for the good of the game. What good of the game is it if you can't maintain what has been an already falling player base because of an unnecessary graphics change unliked by all.

DeletedUser

Hi - another complaint about the large buttons.

I know you guys think you are moving the game forward but you have made a mistake this time.

The graphics look like a design from the 1980's not the teenies (is that the correct term?)

If I wanted to play an 80's game I would go back to packman or space invaders!

The colours are part of the problem. The various shades of brown and dark red give a very dated overall look to the game. The browns have a negative and depressing feel to them. Maybe it is time to consider updating the overall look and feel of the game rather than just tinkering with the original (10 year old) colour scheme.

I know that medieval times were drab but that does not mean I have to feel depressed to play the game. There was some colour especially in the tournements and the many coloured flags carried into war.

I do appreciate that the developers are trying to move forward but this time, on the button issue, they have missed the mark. Were there any focus groups used to test the new look. Maybe this is a way forward for the future.

It is also sad to see that the release has obviously been rushed out and that quality control issues with regard to alignment and sizing have been bypassed.

8/10 for effort but only 1/10 for implementation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser58599

GIVE US OLD GRAPHICS AND OLD BUTTONS BACK!!!! This is terrible!

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I like the graphics features. They are truly awesome! I personally don't see any flaws with the logic behind this.

Uglifying the game to help the new people who are trying to get used to the game and suddenly see it look completely different on most screens.

Making 'large buttons' to help the majority of this community, all of whom happen to suffer from visual impairments that require ridiculously over-the-top buttons to assist our enjoyment of this game.

Removing the option to use the previous graphics because nobody would want to use them...as we all are new and wanting the game to confuse us more through big IU changes after all, and nobody would ever want to avoid using huge buttons.

Yeah, all makes sense to me!

DeletedUser92753

The only thing I can say about the larger buttons, it makes finding them on mobile easier. There, I said my nice thing for the day.

DeletedUser

I have to agree that the buttons are horrid and it seems that the buttons for paying for upgrades are bigger than the ones we actually need to play the game. It is confusing and really puts the old schoolers off even more. I hope that the buttons are sorted out because it ruins the run of things

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Going to point something out, this time without the sarcasm.

This game drew a lot of us here because it is more text based than almost all browser games. Travian is a clunky, build lots and talk little game where communication is very difficult. Evony is more in between, but with more focus on chunky and clunky than TW.

It seems to me as if Inno wants to take away from the big selling point for a lot of us of TW - the text based underlying theme. Instead of clicking childish buttons, we're clicking the more 'adult' instructions.

I'm sure others would agree that if they want big chunky buttons that make them feel like they are playing a children's game (when TW has a big market for adults based on the text style gaming system), they would be on Travian, Evony or one of the dozens of other similar games to TribalWars instead of/as well as this one.

I'm glad that the majority of the text based features have been left untouched as of yet; but I'm really unhappy that Inno has taken away from a major part of the 'adult' part of the game by replacing the text based instructions with 5-year old style, ugly buttons.

DeletedUser113002

l Wish they turn back old style,what a nouncens is this ? who like this new grafics l like to know,only two word extreamly horrible and disgusting,if some one know how open vote here realy aprecieted,l am sure % 99 say no this new grafics

DeletedUser

I have been playing this game for 5 years and have never felt the need to post on the public forums but this latest change to the graphics has disgusted me - it has completely spoiled the game for me.

I suggest you change it back or you will lose the support of people like me that have been playing for years - I certainly do not intend to start any more worlds if the graphics are not changed and will probably not bother finishing the ones I'm in when my premium runs out

The changes are ugly and unnecessary and mean more scrolling

The only change that is of benefit to me is in the FA where I dont have to keep clicking the button to sort by distance but I would happily do without that to get the old graphics back

DeletedUser113002

yes bro,l am totaly agree to you,l am playing since 2007,l newer ewer been seen that kind of grafics style in that kind nice game,first of all my screen need to scroll down each time,so boring,such a huge button like that also make page unbeliaveble large,each time when you go other page need scroll,what a bullshit, l guess so many player doesnt see closer well :) any way l wish they change soon,l newer seen any complain like that ,l mean everyone unhappy with that change,sorry about my english,but my suggest please adminastor open vote

DeletedUser113002

if not change not only two of us quit here,l am sure many player quit this game and new starter newer play with that,so boring,also on forum l read one time this game player getting less than each day,with that grafics they loose so many member each day,l am sure

DeletedUser112990

:D none of you will quit over buttons.

No, I won't quit solely over buttons. I am quitting over the option to use the old layout and such having been stripped, taking me from the ooold look to the more modern... THEN the new buttons as well. :icon_evil:

I'd been waiting in hopes that with so many people complaining about not being able to play using the old look would make them offer it once more. But thus far it doesn't look like they will, so after giving it a little more time, I will throw my premium at a good friend, then pass sitting of my account to a tribe member, and tell them to pass my villages out. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Have the buttons changed colour? I swear they were red yesterday, and now they are a horrible brown :icon_confused:

rascal-the-cat

Have the buttons changed colour? I swear they were red yesterday, and now they are a horrible brown :icon_confused:

I think they were a slightly different shade of brown yesterday - they are an even more unpleasant brown now which makes them even more 'in your face'. :S

DeletedUser

I'm not liking the offset between the -20%'s at all :L The button's are ugly enough already, no need to make it worse by not even having them lined up. As it is, I'm a little worried that I'm going to click one by mistake, which I really doubt my co would appreciate XD
[spoil]
2j61cg2.jpg
[/spoil]

I do like this slightly better than yesterday's version, there are a few more things lined up, and the colour matches marginally better (though still not great), but it's still rather icky.

Last edited by a moderator:

rascal-the-cat

I'm not liking the offset between the -20%'s at all :L The button's are ugly enough already, no need to make it worse by not even having them lined up. As it is, I'm a little worried that I'm going to click one by mistake, which I really doubt my co would appreciate XD
[spoil]
2j61cg2.jpg
[/spoil]

I do like this slightly better than yesterday's version, there are a few more things lined up, and the colour matches marginally better (though still not great), but it's still rather icky.

That is a seriously ugly screen though!

DeletedUser

They were red yesterday! Was a much nicer colour then, no doubts about it.