An Example of Fate: Foster Parents for the Unwanted

DeletedUser

Jeez you too joe...

Well YOU should know all my village types as well considering you played my account for about 4-6 weeks :icon_rolleyes:

As for what villages are what, sure I know few, but they are stacked so it doesn't really matter

Im not that same Joe, Lita.

DeletedUser

TW is the funniest community. This is a text based game with zero actual player to player combat. The interaction consists of politics and maneuvering, fakes and feints, scheming and timing.

How, when that is done well, can you complain and moan about the unfairness or inconsistency of the team using political situations to their advantage?

Every tribe has it's strengths and weaknesses. It's the difference in tribal values and personalities that leads up to a war in the first place.

You do what you do best tribes, this is not going to be over for a while.

Oh, and now you've lost Bittergal to the pressure, Orphans. It's only a matter of time...

DeletedUser

You are the funny one, you think BG quit because of this war lol!!

You are sadly mistaken, my friend. Did you even read his thing?

Only a matter of time before another family crashes and burns.

DeletedUser

It may not have been the main reason but to say it didnt play a part is a lie.

As for us crashing and burning, we heard that in the beginning and i dont see you guys closer to that point

R3000

You are the funny one, you think BG quit because of this war lol!!

You are sadly mistaken, my friend. Did you even read his thing?

Only a matter of time before another family crashes and burns.

We may crash and burn in the future but it sure ain't looking like Orphan is going to be doing it

DeletedUser

Wow, nice long argument of wheather the L0R3NZ0 account "saved" the fates.

I think we can all agree that it changed the front lines, shifted the focus of the war, and for the time being (I won't try to predict the future) stalled Orphan's advances. In this sense, I think we can all agree that this account was a significant boon the Fates efforts and has changed the war itself.

The problem with using the word "saved" is that it is premised on the assumption that without that account, orphan would be kicking fates asses across the continent. I can't say that wouldn't have happened, but I do think it far from a gauranteed outcome.

Consider this scenario: instead of joining Fates, the account in question went neutral. So, Orphan has lost a major account (yes, they and the account owner had various "disagreements" so this was a likely outcome), one close to the enemy. Now would this have

1. balanced the war more evenly (everyone firing off long range nukes, plenty of time to anticipate nobles, fates numbers now that they've lost many of their idle members vs Orphan's skilll and organization minus one important account)

2. turned the tide of the war giving the Fates the advantage (perhaps they were better organized and could have gotten by without L0R3NZ0... or perhaps not)

3. "Saved" the fates from certain doom?

Its an interesting question, we may all have opinions on the correct answer (I actually don't have a clue) but if you reread #3, you'll see why use of the phrase "saved" has caused such a strong reaction. Were they really doomed or were they just starting to get organized when L0R3NZ0 helped turn the tide? We won't know for some time to come. And even my phrasing "turn the tide" might in time prove to be more accurately described as "held back the flood" (Orphan breaks through and begins to advance again on fates territories) instead of "turn the tide".

So, instead of fighting about HOW important L0R3NZ0's account is (I think we all can agree its very important regardless of whether it "saved" the fates), lets wait and see if it did save them, if it did turn the tide of the war, and fight about something else. Maybe something like what is the best time for everyone to launch against Sir Usernameless so he won't have time to post on the public forums anymore. I vote for tomorrow, and I will argue long and hard against anyone who says yesterday!

DeletedUser

wow.

have i missed something here? have the fates turned this war around?

DeletedUser

We may crash and burn in the future but it sure ain't looking like Orphan is going to be doing it

Haha! Yea okay.

You expect us to be in the best condition after a few dirty tricks were played on us? Just wait :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

again sir uselessname explains it best. the only issue i had were with certain words used like 'saved'. if any1 keeping up to date on this war, you'd realize ALOT has changed in the fates since the start. examples: leadership, getting rid of dead weight, reorginizing how we do things and finally pushing back.

'saved' vs turn the tide. i think the latter holds true. i in no way wanted to downplay the importance of lorenzos account, having lita stand by us isn't only a huge step in k35 but also a pleasent one. shes a great player/active player/i considered her a friend before the jump from orphans. anyways...turn the tide yes. altho i would even lean alil on orginizing better, check the stats to see that we had a good size/successful Op agains the account before lita came to the fates (this happend around the attack breaks)

Adopted Orphan (532|366) K35 9,747 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] tomcarl [Nona] 2009-12-30 21:50:51
Harry Potter (536|380) K35 9,215 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] Schlep [Nona] 2009-12-23 22:41:01
Turf031 (534|372) K35 9,598 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] stacie31 [Nona] 2009-12-23 21:42:26
Oliver Twist (532|381) K35 9,419 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] Schlep [Nona] 2009-12-23 19:37:55
Annie (532|380) K35 9,415 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] Schlep [Nona] 2009-12-23 15:59:21

Turf030 (539|368) K35 9,579 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] stacie31 [Nona] 2009-12-23 09:22:27
055 Come and Get Me! (589|309) K35 9,737 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] stacie31 [Nona] 2009-12-23 07:36:14

Lilium Requiem. (531|364) K35 9,617 tomcarl [Nona] L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] 2009-12-22 23:55:41
Silly Llama (534|367) K35 9,763 tomcarl [Nona] L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] 2009-12-22 23:55:23
Silly Llama (534|367) K35 9,763 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] tomcarl [Nona] 2009-12-22 22:10:51
Lilium Requiem. (531|364) K35 9,617 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] tomcarl [Nona] 2009-12-22 21:55:12
Adopted Orphan (505|365) K35 9,701 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] tomcarl [Nona] 2009-12-22 15:47:25
Adopted Orphan (536|368) K35 9,835 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] tomcarl [Nona] 2009-12-20 22:16:40
Adopted Orphan (510|366) K35 9,995 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] tomcarl [Nona] 2009-12-20 16:47:37
Adopted Orphan (509|364) K35 9,579 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] tomcarl [Nona] 2009-12-20 09:33:52
Adopted Orphan (532|369) K35 9,757 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] tomcarl [Nona] 2009-12-19 10:17:04

Adopted Orphan (530|371) K35 10,003 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] tomcarl [Nona] 2009-12-19 00:12:58
Adopted Orphan (532|369) K35 9,747 L0R3NZ0 [ORPHAN] tomcarl [Nona]

plus scleps carpet bombing tactic. i bring this up to show that we were starting to turn things around. nothing more nothing less.

also "few dirty lil tricks"= wow....people go inacitve, peep leave tribes. thats an issue we've been dealing with this whole war and haven't once voiced it as dirty play or unfair.

in the end...this is just banter...its fun to read. i hold no ill will towards any1. enjoy the war its heating up

DeletedUser

I do not hold any ill will either, but remember, you are a family so it would be more common for inactivity but then you also have more people so it doesn't matter as much for you guys.

R3000

Haha! Yea okay.

You expect us to be in the best condition after a few dirty tricks were played on us? Just wait :)

lol 'dirty tricks' we didn't play any tricks both those accounts left because of koss (I think) We had a member from Decima leave and then found out he was supporting Jambo SA. He is gone now...

DeletedUser

They were dirty tricks. Lita said she was not going to bother with account, Joe had the account for a while, very bad condition, he worked very hard on it. And then lita comes and just takes the account. Wouldn't you say that would be a dirty trick?

DeletedUser

lol 'dirty tricks' we didn't play any tricks both those accounts left because of koss (I think) We had a member from Decima leave and then found out he was supporting Jambo SA. He is gone now...

lol i must have been drinking that day or something, or else that was just pulled out you're a**. The latter i think....

this is kinda fun, i should do this more often ^_^

DeletedUser79753

a dirty trick? yes...

not by fates but by lita, joe gave up his own account to play the LOR3NZO account fulltime, he put a ridiculous amount of time into that account, especially at what was a difficult time for him in rl, for the account to be snatched from him to leave him accountless.

account theft seems to be a hot topic recently, this might not be as bad as ttg and vale incident, but there are certainly similarities nobody can deny.

point being yes there was a dirty trick played against us, through no fault of their own there are 2 less targets for fates and 2 less players attacking them which in a tribe of orphans magnitude is a big difference

i wouldn't say turning the tide just yet, fighting back yes, lets wait for the next couple of weeks to come to that conclusion

DeletedUser74388

Heck yes it was a dirty trick, Lita took an account that didnt belong to her any more, its the same dirty trick that is played on TTG, she gave the account to a new owner, the account was played hard and stolen away from him. It is no way the same as nest taking his account and doing what he wanted with it. The two cant even be equated with each other. No one disagreed when I explained the sequence of events, not lita and not absoman that it was a dirty trick, or "sucker punch" as absoman called it.

Did it effect the war, Yes, you bet it did...I agree with both stacie and sir usernames assessment of the effects. It most certainly was the 'tide turner' for this stage of the game, like I said on my last post, you win some you loose some. But seeing all the attacks I can also say that the fates have also stepped up their play from the first few months of the war. So it is more than just one factor, it is many like stacie said.

R3000

lol i must have been drinking that day or something, or else that was just pulled out you're a**. The latter i think....

this is kinda fun, i should do this more often ^_^

Then I'm sure this was just so you would have a chance of being one of the top tribe changers

ORPHAN (~FI~)29th December 2009 - 22:00:02 1,193,489
(~FI~) ORPHAN30th December 2009 - 01:00:01 1,193,308

DeletedUser

Lol, your point? Oh right, no point.

R3000, your "dirty trick" is no where near of a dirty trick as the one lita played on us. Not in the same league, cant compete.

DeletedUser

That tribe no longer exists, enlighten me, what player did i recieve support from that had recently left decima?