An Example of Fate: Foster Parents for the Unwanted

DeletedUser

I'd just like to jump in and say- compliments to Koss for showing some respect to his enemy!

It's good to see.:)

DeletedUser

I'd just like to jump in and say- compliments to Koss for showing some respect to his enemy!

It's good to see.:)

It's a shame the fates cannot reciprocate this attitude.

Update: Nona now have control of the nestrpnez account.

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures and a lot of people will sacrifice their morals and integrity.

DeletedUser

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures and a lot of people will sacrifice their morals and integrity.

While we all know what side of this fight I support, this statement doesn't sway me any more against Nona until I know what happened.

If they aren't doing anything illegal ie hacking the account and therefore multi accounting... I don't see why they shouldn't take advantage of whatever brought them the account. And if they did get it illegally, report it and it's all good.

Although either way, it does just highlight the fact that their numbers are counting for very little that they need more :lol:

DeletedUser

You will be hard pressed to find someone in the Fates who has not shown anything but respect to Orphans. Besides maybe Mad mikepc on the forums but thats a different matter.

I do find this a tad hypocritical though. Orphans were only to happy to use the Oakhalfnic account to their benefiet when it came to them, however if a Orphan member leaves and becomes disgruntled and hands the account over, we should just discard it? As Orphans did?

DeletedUser

Yes one of the new Lorenzo account owners is pretty talented, a spectacular addition...

The best thing about it is, he absolutely loves it. He has now agreed to take over the sitting of any account that looks like the subject of an operation which is great news for Orphan. The guy is a TW beast.

Congratulations on having a great new member... but I honestly hope you aren't going to have him account sit everyone who comes under attack.

1. If anyone who attacks your tribe is just fighting one person, kind of defeats the point of having a tribe... more like you've got 19 account sitters and one real player. Part of the fun of fighting different players is that they actually have unique personalities... (Or does Orphan == the Borg? I can see you guys wanting the power of the borg, but not the lack of individuality)

2. How are any of your tribe-mates going to improve if they just let someone else do their fighting? You lose 20 villages, and then you start to get the hang of things and become more effective/efficient. Or you can just let someone else do it for you and your no better a player than when the attack began.

3. Whats the point of even playing the game if you let others handle the real excitement for you? Seriously; the whole point of playing the game is exactly these moments of stress regardless of whether your the attacker or the defender. I'd probably end up going barbarian if all the excitement I had to look forwards to was passing my account off to the guy who knows how to play the game!

I realize you said only that he's offered to do this rather than that all of your members have run to him begging him to do it for them. So, no I'm not judging any actions you've taken. Maybe I'm missing something, But it just seems to me that there's something wrong with the the strategy you've proposed. Whats the point of the game if you actually use him this way?

DeletedUser

Let me put it this way: It sounds like what your saying is "When the going gets tough, the tough get account sitters". Up to now, I've had too much respect for Orphan to think that would be your slogan... and despite your having said approximately that, I still have too much respect for Orphan to think you'd actually do that...

On the other hand, it is kind of a catchy slogan... Up there with "We really are nobler than thou" and "Its raining cats and rams out here". ;-)

R3000

Easily amused :icon_wink:

No stats in a while. Much been happening either way?

I think they may be a little busy cleaning up the mess in their backyard :D I hope they finish before Christmas break or it could drag on for awhile....especially with the trains they are sending

DeletedUser

People always ask others to post stats, but are always to lazy to take a min and do it themselves.

The Fates lead in the last 24 hours 3-1 although Orphans are having to clean up a player who went rouge and attacks have slowed down a lot.

Side 1:
Tribes: ORPHAN
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: Morta Nona
Players:

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers:

Side 1: 123
Side 2: 147
Difference: 24

image.php

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 14
Side 2: 3
Difference: 11

image.php

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 1,096,016
Side 2: 1,311,357
Difference: 215,341

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 132,036
Side 2: 29,507
Difference: 102,529

image.php

Side 1:
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: Morta Nona
Players:

Timeframe: Last month

Total conquers:

Side 1: 711
Side 2: 631
Difference: 80

image.php

Side 1: 196
Side 2: 24
Difference: 172

image.php

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 6,417,686
Side 2: 5,408,758
Difference: 1,008,928

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,771,728
Side 2: 226,991
Difference: 1,544,737

image.php

Last months stats, anyone who saw those can't deny Orphans were laying in on thick, however, over 95 of those conquers came from worshipthemonkey, who quit soon after joining. Not taking the credit away, but since he pretty much gave up, he accounted for a pretty big chunk of the conquers, mumrahh as well, although he has since gone barb and they took a good size piece of him as well.

DeletedUser

People always ask others to post stats, but are always to lazy to take a min and do it themselves.

True. But how you post the stats, what players you include and the reasons for doing so... All part of the PnP :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

True. But how you post the stats, what players you include and the reasons for doing so... All part of the PnP :icon_wink:

No doubt. However, lets use Matrix as an example. Rather then taking about 1-2 minutes to get some stats, maybe even to just look at personally, he didn't even have to post em. He would rather wait a couple hours for someone else to post em. If thats not extreme laziness, i dont know what is. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Easily amused :icon_wink:

I am a man of simple tastes, yes.
As for the rogue player, I am enjoying a bit of close range cockroach-stomping for a change. Also racing to get to 20 mil ODA before Able does...

DeletedUser

Yeah Im too lazy to check stats page absoman besides whats the fun of it to go see stats for yourself by just putting the two tribes on each side and view stats and not knowing what is really going on and all the different players invovled?

DeletedUser

Yeah; good answer. I'd love to know how the war is really going, but staring at yet another bar chart showing how many villages were taken doesn't Really tell me that. Its a metric; an attempt to summarize a very complex situation with a very simplistic calculation. A rather more interesting number would be the number of players neutralized (yeah, that number would make fates look worse) or number of players who have lost at least 20% of their villages, number of villages cleared (could measure this by monitoring for a point drop caused by losing an L20 wall perhaps?), or really there are just all kinds of stats and metrics that could be used to give a better vision of the war.

If I took 100 villages all from the same player, it doesn't mean the same as if I took 10 villages from each of 10 players. Except of course in that I now have 100 more villages which is always nice :)

DeletedUser

Got a good point, no doubt. I just dont see many people taking the time to make stats like that. To find out the number of villages cleared would be very hard. Some get cleared again as the wall is rebuilding so measuring by point loss of a L20 wall wouldn't give a good estimate.

Number of players neutralized is easier. Probably about 4-5 from the Fates. Jowardex,Kesvader,Worshipthemonkey,Mumrahh would went barb not due to attacks from orphans. I might be missing one, not sure. Oakflhanic perhaps, but he was kicked for other reasons.

Orphans have lost nestrpenz although that was due to some internal issue and not really related to the war.

Players who have lost 20% of their villages- Jowardex,Kesvader,Worshipthemonkey and mumrahh. Of those the first 2 got a wiff of incomings and left, set a sitter and never came back. Not really the type you would want to keep. They were only in the tribe due to the semi-merge the Fates, then Gemini i believe had with OY(i believe that was their name), the tribe in K24.

I cannot even start counting how many nukes have been lost in this war, its probably in the thousands by now.

Thats off the top of my head so im sure someone else could provide something with a little more depth if they put the time into it :)

ToTheGallows

Revival!

Just a stats update on the pre-attack break celebrations.

Timeframe: Last 48 hours

Side 1:

Side 2:
Tribes: Nona Decima Morta

Side 1: 2
Side 2: 12
Difference: 10

Side 1:

Side 2:
Tribes: WHY?

Side 1: 13
Side 2: 0
Difference: 13

DeletedUser

Ahh your including my stats in this war :icon_rolleyes:

The account is getting no love from Koss only the people stupid enough to listen to him, oh and BG cause the guy on the account likes to attack any ORPHAN... For some reason :icon_confused:

Not bad though #10 ODT...
I'm sorry BG and any other person that i like i ORPHAN that the evil guy on my account has attacked/nobled..
But blame it on koss cause he asks for it :icon_neutral:
Anyways, have fun w34.
Merry Christmas all that celebrate it :xmas biggrin: