And we thought LOST had learned...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Oookay. There are 42 posts in this thread (at time of writing, and excluding my own should it make 43 provided no one else posts whilst m'typing) and as far as I can tell, the last actually on topic post was #9. :lol:

M'sure we all know my views on this exciting matter, but I just wanted to say...

a family tribe is just fail, an academy is purposely hurting others while lying to them saying that you're helping them. Family tribes are better...

(wow I actually said family tribes are better !!!! oh shoot what the ... I can't believe I said that sentence. It wasn't even sarcastic ... I don't ... I can't ... I need to reevaluate my entire life.)

... that's actually ... a valid ... point. :icon_eek:

I don't think I can bring myself to type anything similar, and full respect to you managing to get it down in text. Grin.

Though for the record, I do think academies are good in theory. But a theory that's been long forgotten and distorted over time, until no one can remember what their original purpose may have been. Sorta like what grapes are to sultanas. (And yes, that's the best I could come up with. So sleepy. :icon_cool: )

Now though, acads are just looked at as a storage facility for future noble targets. Kinda sad, really.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thank you AI.

And believe me as I was writing it and realized I said something was worse than normal families I almost defiled myself. (trying not to cuss lol)

It is sad, and they really could be a good thing if they were used like they were meant to. By that I mean if they were used as teaching tribes. The true purpose of an academy shouldn't be a tribe near you that you steal everything you can from, but another tribe entirely that members from your tribe are guiding. They would be best if based in another K, especially if based on the rim. Then the main tribe's players could train them without compromising themselves. They should be two separate tribes based in different Ks where the main tribe is teaching members in the academy.

This would allow great players from a top tribe (like random) to pass on their knowledge to future players. It would also increase the competitiveness of the world, and the interest in the world. It would make the rim actually worth while to comment on. In all it would be a great thing to have. Because of shared forums this becomes even more possible as players can share their knowledge directly and still screen incoming members.

Also if based in completely separate Ks neither tribe would have the dysfunctional military problems that often occur in family tribes. After the academy is trained they could even go in separate directions and compete with each other in the world.

This would also help alot of potentially good new players who join in the rim stay at TW and bring life to even more worlds.

I never looked at academies this way before, thanks for bringing it to my attention enough to actually examine.

DeletedUser

@ Sab -

Fo' shiz. The main reason (imo) that academies are scorned so much, is they're almost always on the same K as the 'main' tribe. Which basically surmounts to a 'strong' (and I use the term relatively, not in its strictest sense) tribe having a hold over a 'weaker' tribe in their area. And in the medium-to-long-term, there's nowhere good for that to go.

Newb players get drawn in to the idea of an 'academy', which by s'very name is deceptive in most cases, and who can blame 'em? Until you've paid attention to the forums, or learnt the truth IG, y'don't have a clue as a starting out player. 'Academy' sounds appealing. Then, when these players inevitably don't grow fast enough to be part of the main tribe, but juuust fast enough to make a good noble target, they're finished.

I have to say the idea of a good core tribe, making an acad tribe on the rim, sounds appealing. The rim is generally ridiculous in terms of competition, so it's a good place to learn without the immediate threat of the l33ts storming through.

Sadly that'd take good players to achieve, and most good players would avoid doing so coz of the stigma that... rather ironically.. good players tend to attach to academies. Lulz.

LastApparatus

I have to say the idea of a good core tribe, making an acad tribe on the rim, sounds appealing. The rim is generally ridiculous in terms of competition, so it's a good place to learn without the immediate threat of the l33ts storming through.

Sadly that'd take good players to achieve, and most good players would avoid doing so coz of the stigma that... rather ironically.. good players tend to attach to academies. Lulz.

Evolve had a "rim academy" of sorts back in W33. ;)

DeletedUser

Eh, to an extent. One player who was in Evolve but on the rim decided to start a teaching tribe instead. There was consideration about how that'd work to both groups advantage long-term, but ultimately Evolve wasn't really part of the teaching process.

DeletedUser

on the rim with high ODA, could just mean your loosing troops. Also we at Geico like pointwhores:icon_razz:

anyways, I want to see reports from LA attacking people :D

Do you read what your writing or is it just gibberish that comes to mind that gets submitted? We don't like point whores, we don't have point whores..
Why would you play on tribal wars just to look at the points? You just implied that Geico were the biggest geeks on earth my friend. If your playing Tribal Wars just to have a large amount of points, you could just as well use your calculator and save hundreds of hours.

DeletedUser

Do you read what your writing or is it just gibberish that comes to mind that gets submitted? We don't like point whores, we don't have point whores..
Why would you play on tribal wars just to look at the points? You just implied that Geico were the biggest geeks on earth my friend. If your playing Tribal Wars just to have a large amount of points, you could just as well use your calculator and save hundreds of hours.

sith, try and read a little. I was saying that Geico likes pointwhores not that 82nd recruits them:icon_rolleyes: now atleast we see what type of people 82nd recruits....

Next time try to read whats coming out of your mouth, its just gibberish.

Regards,
Nuke

DeletedUser

Yes they did, and a very good one at that. :icon_wink:
I was in Vesper, but as AI says, it wasn't really Evolve teaching us so much as Tic Toc.
I don't even remember if we had shared forums; it was a while ago.
Then Vesper merged into New and I was sad. :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Heh, between rajib2 and I we've already cleared 3 LOST members

DeletedUser

sith, try and read a little. I was saying that Geico likes pointwhores not that 82nd recruits them:icon_rolleyes: now atleast we see what type of people 82nd recruits....

Next time try to read whats coming out of your mouth, its just gibberish.

Regards,
Nuke

Major fail..
You can choose which it is. When I said that You implied Geico were the biggest geeks on earth, the other parts were directed at you as well.
The fact that I mentioned point whores was that you were implying we also liked them.
Which is clearly not the case. Fact: We know that point whores always fail in the end because they are hunting the points and not the OD's.

I will spoonfeed you with what I was trying to say. Perhaps you can get it through that panser you call a skull:
You just implied that Geico were the biggest geeks on earth my friend. If your playing Tribal Wars just to have a large amount of points, you could just as well use your calculator and save hundreds of hours.
Okey, this part here means that you are point whores. It also means that your doing something completely idiotic (imho at least). If you want to look at points, you can play Tetris, Supermario etc etc. Tribal WARS is about having armies, it's about defeating your enemies and when the time comes(perhaps even your allies :))

Geico won't really come far with point whoring.
Getting nobles fast and not having any armies to support them is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

But then again, I don't mind if your neighbours gets 2 new farms that your boosting instead of just 1 :)

Have a great night!
Sithmeister~

Dad666

Heh, between rajib2 and I we've already cleared 3 LOST members

WOW you have cleared 3,that must make you feel great,i know one of them is right next to one of you so was easy for you right?? but the thing is you havnt cleared here LISA666,because she has been building troops then hiding them till she has enough to recall to kill your ofence at a later date,dont worry when she has enough we will surport here aswell so will be intresting to see how you cope then,we havnt even rearly attacked you back yet so you have had an easy ride so far,havnt you,but your time will come mate have no worries,now keep clearing the same village as much as you wish,wont be long before we come knocking on your walls :icon_biggrin:

We just have to see through our plans first on pwny,but as they are slipping down the ranks looks like we best hurry before more desert the sinking ship,then my friend if you still wish to attack our members we will have some fun with you aswell,seems only a couple of your tribe are intrested in attacking us while we fight pwny but surpose that best for you as you know we are busy ,so enjoy yourself while you can..

Good to see not all your tribe feel the same way as you tho,some are more intrested in getting on with the game than jump on the band wagon.

have a nice day...

DeletedUser

WOW you have cleared 3,that must make you feel great,i know one of them is right next to one of you so was easy for you right?? but the thing is you havnt cleared here LISA666,because she has been building troops then hiding them till she has enough to recall to kill your ofence at a later date,dont worry when she has enough we will surport here aswell so will be intresting to see how you cope then,we havnt even rearly attacked you back yet so you have had an easy ride so far,havnt you,but your time will come mate have no worries,now keep clearing the same village as much as you wish,wont be long before we come knocking on your walls :icon_biggrin:

We just have to see through our plans first on pwny,but as they are slipping down the ranks looks like we best hurry before more desert the sinking ship,then my friend if you still wish to attack our members we will have some fun with you aswell,seems only a couple of your tribe are intrested in attacking us while we fight pwny but surpose that best for you as you know we are busy ,so enjoy yourself while you can..

Good to see not all your tribe feel the same way as you tho,some are more intrested in getting on with the game than jump on the band wagon.

have a nice day...

Alot of repeatition, and alot of nonsense.
I give it an A in fAilure :)

DeletedUser

have a nice day...

Actually we just felt like clearing some farms. You know, its kind of annoying when you recruit everyone around us in an attempt to subdue us? In the next few days you will see that number rise from 3 to 5 or 6.

Oh, and by the way, thanks for telling me about your plans. Now I know. It really helps :icon_neutral: But really, do your best to support Lisa666, but it won't be easy after you've already lost 300 spears and 300 swords + off of a 500 pointer's walls? And just because you're such an idiot, I'm going to publicize these reports. Enjoy.

http://en39.tribalwars.net/public_report/e691f2e60ac411f918794a97cfe165c1
^
Doesn't seem like much, but in fact we had to shove off 800+ defensive troops from that village since he kept getting supported. We lost those reports those, we weren't archiving them back then, now we are. That is just the final clearing after he gave up.

http://en39.tribalwars.net/public_report/0f83b5c58b1e22c68a48338abc64de9d

http://en39.tribalwars.net/public_report/17f5fbe0dc188a795cee606d9eaa9106

Dear lost, I apologize that your members don't know how to build troops. I apologize that you're frustrated because I'm taking minimal losses punching them left and right, and rebuilding whatever I lose the same day I lose them + more. And finally, I apologize that your drunken and mishappen leader feels the need to come on here throwing a nonsensical tantrum because your members are easy farms, perhaps in the hope that writing a large wall of completely worthless junk thats a pain to read will make the truth different. I really am sorry.

Regards,
Jax.

DeletedUser

HEY HEY! AI would you mind getting back on topic! I dont believe this thread was about the merits of academy tribes! Back on topic plz! KTHX.

(Ad1v1iral runs for his life.)

LastApparatus

I can't believe I'm furthering the flow of this thread from the topic of LOST being a family to a show of reports between the two tribes. In short, theres only so much that can be said about LOST's academy tribe (which they now disowned, am I right?) before it gets stale... So, reports it is, I guess.

I posted my first attack on this player earlier, but heres the follow up (I call them the "Good bye" series) for anyone interested.

Here's "Goodbye farm"
byebyefarm.jpg

And here is "Goodbye Offense"
byebyetroops.jpg

Then, for fun, "Goodbye Smithy"
byebyesmithy.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.