Attention World 24 and Tribal wars staff

DeletedUser

A dozen means you get to raise your acc from the ground, while still not being totally useless. 200k is more fun, to be sure, but the path from 20k to 200k is 'alright', so you'd be cutting short your fun if you started straight at 200k (nod)

Starting at zero is gruelling, however. Can't imagine anyone playing after 10m either.

True, I guess in a perfect world I'd have enough time to play as much as necessary, so I'd have the option to play a startup, a new world, an old world, etc. Unfortunately that's not the case, so a world like this is perfect for me. I can wake up to a dozen fewer villages, go to work, find out I lost a dozen more, and I don't really care. In an earlier world that's not really the case :lol:

The Great 1One1

If I'm active and do not have the distraction of other worlds, I actually love start-ups. I consider myself quite decent at start-ups, though I tend to try to start away from the core. I started there in W49 and failed miserably. Starting closer to the rim allows you to pay less attention than you would have needed to if you were in the core; less chance of someone clearing you while you sleep.

Mid game can be seen as the most enjoyable, especially for the diplomacy side. Wars don't usually mean too much early game, and wars last longer in late game, but in mid-game, diplomacy is constantly changing, pnp is most active and there is a genuine interest in how to play. Playing-wise, you could say it is the jack of all trades but the master of none.

End game has its highs and lows. I love the fact that you have lots of troops to play with, but end game is all about trying to make the other player quit, rather than rim him. This means that if you are targeted, you are hit with several thousand incomings. Faking becomes much more of a priority in late game. Stacking can become kinda ridiculous and takes away from the aspect of defending, but it works in a lot of cases, so why not use it? There is also the monotony of it all. Coming up to two years playing the same game almost every bloomin' day. The fun starts to turn into obsession to win. In order to "win", you may sometimes have to accept that tagging your incomings, dodging, sniping, etc, for days/weeks at a time, leaving you with several sleepless nights. Eventually, like Slowdowntubby did, it will just leave you thinking, "Why am I killing myself over something so arduous and repetitive without any sort of reward whatsoever?", leading you to quit the game.

deadsocks

I remember the first few times I stayed up all night to defend. It was on a sat account I was using to be in several tribes at once, and it didn't feel gruelling to sit there and tag, dodge, snipe, counter-noble... it felt invigorating, and what's more is it bought me respect from my tribe/s and info on my opponents and neighbours (these days, I'd be lucky to get a "ta").

Me and that little sat acc had a tour of the mid-west, raiding enemy forums (I remember LotD had a "LionalJ claims" and "Dead Socks claims" forum sections ROFL :D) and making ties with local tribes. And at the end of the day, I'd go chat to my H²0 buds - my partner in crime Lional, the shadow duke Josiah (although we got into a few fights over his religious views), my "dad" Woody who was ever hungry for power and glory, and pbear... just like wIz is today for those in S²ORM, it was like a few words from her could quell any doubts and iron over whatever worries we had. She was forever caring for whatever tiny problems and always had a secret plan. It's a shame she didn't reveal her secret plans to her council some time before she went barb, we could have sure used her input >.>;

Then while she was away, the tribal founder decided to quit and bestowed on me his duke powerz, it was like a fireworks, candy and puppy dog factory all of a sudden. I got my buds Woody and Lional into the central leadership with me, we declared on ~TLA~ who were former allies of ~:A:~, and Lional was already getting allies on the other side of the globe... typical! I was thinking about Munpia (later Hungry), SWARM and ~TI~, and there that guy goes, making contact with Rukoh and Forkrul, WTH mate?! It seemed beyond ridiculous to me and my small tribe brain to imagine that such tribes would have anything to do with us and our noobs...

That and the time after it was the best. Like Trip wisely said in the post before, it's the diplomacy that keeps the spirit burning. When you're not sure who you can trust, but you're going to bet your tribe on it anyway.
Eventually, merges became an acceptable alternative to diplomacy, and that's when it started to shrivel up.
I guess that was 20k -> 3M for most people, but I'm a little slow >.>; so it was more like 50k -> 1.5M for me.

DeletedUser

There is very little skill in start ups in my opinion. I've reached rank 1 early in the world on a few occasions, but it involved sitting up late into the night and getting up very early on the occasions I didn't have a reliable night sitter or co-player (which was most of them). He/she with the most time to spare will win.

The start up is definitely not as enjoyable as mid/late game. The start up is where you have to invest the most time, and it gets to the point where playing TW becomes more a chore than a pass time. In mid/late game I could not log in for 24 hours and not give a shit, not have to worry about warehouse being full, troops not farming, dropping 3000 ranks or being cleared overnight.

DeletedUser

There is very little skill in start ups in my opinion. I've reached rank 1 early in the world on a few occasions, but it involved sitting up late into the night and getting up very early on the occasions I didn't have a reliable night sitter or co-player (which was most of them). He/she with the most time to spare will win.

The start up is definitely not as enjoyable as mid/late game. The start up is where you have to invest the most time, and it gets to the point where playing TW becomes more a chore than a pass time. In mid/late game I could not log in for 24 hours and not give a shit, not have to worry about warehouse being full, troops not farming, dropping 3000 ranks or being cleared overnight.

Couldn't agree more. Startups, IMO, are about 60% skill and 40% luck. Later in the game, that ratio becomes skill-heavy, and the crappy players move on to a new world where they can be #1 for a few weeks before quitting...yet again :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Couldn't agree more. Startups, IMO, are about 60% skill and 40% luck. Later in the game, that ratio becomes skill-heavy, and the crappy players move on to a new world where they can be #1 for a few weeks before quitting...yet again :icon_razz:

You summed me up :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Sorry if i posted this sooooo late but I like also Beginnings :) Love to do races whit other persons that
who nobles first village, who gets rimmed first ^.^

Other words w24 should get active ( even if I'm not in there anymore, Go Go Go!) ^^

(PS: sorry if little bit off topic)