Barbarian to player ratio W53

What should the barbarian to player ratio be on W53?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Voted. why are you giving a long bp, no barbs and no restarts? This so called pro world is too fast, too cheap for nobles, and now bp is a sham? thanks guys, really glad we waited for it.
back to .co.uk I go.

DeletedUser656

There will be the same amount of barbs per 15x as the previous 10 or so worlds...

DeletedUser

i'm the only guy that tried to meet you half way. Why did you want 5 per 15x15? Could you elaborate?
*Edit:53 people freakin out about 1-2 barbs

DeletedUser656

i'm the only guy that tried to meet you half way. Why did you want 5 per 15x15? Could you elaborate?
*Edit:53 people freakin out about 1-2 barbs

This is my personal opinion, not my opinion as Community Manager.

I think a lot of pro players just join worlds that are quick and easy, play for a little while, do fairly well, then give up and/or world hop. I like the idea of them having to face something slightly harder.

DeletedUser

And you are doing this by having a 2.5 day bp on a speed 2 world. Nice big challange you have there, oh wait those that do have barbs will have an even bigger advantage.
Either have 1 day and very little barbs so that people have to fight for their farms or normal bp length and more barbs.

What you have done isnt a challange, its just stupid

DeletedUser656

You missed the part where I said it was my personal opinion. The actual world settings are nothing to do with that...

DeletedUser15106

Barbs didn't used to be automatically generated. Back in worlds 8 and 10, for example, you had to really fight, every potential farm was a player who wanted to survive. It wasn't a question of "do I have enough barbs in my area?", but a question of "do I have ANY barbs in my area?". HQ rush was much less of an option, early rams and cats were often essential to survival.

There are more ways to start a world than 1 1 1, start pumping our spears. If you've got loads of barbs nearby, then this is by far the easiest and fastest way to get ahead. Takes a little more analysis and consideration when you have fewer barbs, and when other players do too. But of course the easy way should be the only way, right? :icon_rolleyes:

If you ask for a world tailored towards good players, don't cry when you get it :icon_wink:

^^ personal opinion btw lol

DeletedUser

it would have been a mathematical inhibitor, not a skill inhibitor,imo. A world designed for fast, but no way to do fast until you get to level 20 mines...but you ain't gettin there any time soon.

DeletedUser

I voted 1:100 because I don't think the game should be generating barbs for us at all.

crimsoni

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Barbs didn't used to be automatically generated. Back in worlds 8 and 10, for example, you had to really fight, every potential farm was a player who wanted to survive. It wasn't a question of "do I have enough barbs in my area?", but a question of "do I have ANY barbs in my area?". HQ rush was much less of an option, early rams and cats were often essential to survival.

There are more ways to start a world than 1 1 1, start pumping our spears. If you've got loads of barbs nearby, then this is by far the easiest and fastest way to get ahead. Takes a little more analysis and consideration when you have fewer barbs, and when other players do too. But of course the easy way should be the only way, right? :icon_rolleyes:

If you ask for a world tailored towards good players, don't cry when you get it :icon_wink:

Really agree.

Nice big challange you have there, oh wait those that do have barbs will have an even bigger advantage.

What you have done isnt a challange, its just stupid
No, it's not stupid. If you would do some research, you'd see that even on different worlds, people always have bigger advantages than other people. In some worlds, some people have 1 barb in their 7x7, others have 6 in their 7x7. Who has the big advantage there? In this world, some people may have a barb in their 7x7, others won't. People will always have advantages over others.

Maybe you should suggest a solution to this unfairness. Maybe fixed barb locations? One barb every 3 square units. That way everybody would have a fair location in association with barb count. Would that appease your concerns? Really, go cry somewhere else.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Agreed. I would like to see another world like those worlds. (No barbs. Only if a player restart/delete/get banned you can see barbs.) But for personal reasons, I hope it is not for W53.

Anyway, your vote for world speed and troop speed modifier wasn't really nice for "good players". :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I'm not a big fan of early world wrestling, that's why I prefer a lot of barbs so everyone can have a nice, clean start up.
Once nobles appear, I'll be glad to wrestle all of you after all. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I'm not a big fan of early world wrestling, that's why I prefer a lot of barbs so everyone can have a nice, clean start up.

Im of the same opinion :)

DeletedUser

Fighting it out with your neighbors before nobles is a good thing. Alot of good start up players talk about wanting only to play start up since its more thrilling and risky to play it, but if you farm farm farm up to nobles and just kill the biggest threat in the area after, you will only have one exciting experience after a couple of weeks of building to a noble. Which is the ennoblement of the biggest threat in your area, after that, its gonna be farm farm farm, then noble the next biggest threat.

Why not spice things up and do more than just farm before nobles arrive? Less barbs=more competition=more thrill.

DeletedUser

Fighting it out with your neighbors before nobles is a good thing. Alot of good start up players talk about wanting only to play start up since its more thrilling and risky to play it, but if you farm farm farm up to nobles and just kill the biggest threat in the area after, you will only have one exciting experience after a couple of weeks of building to a noble. Which is the ennoblement of the biggest threat in your area, after that, its gonna be farm farm farm, then noble the next biggest threat.

Why not spice things up and do more than just farm before nobles arrive? Less barbs=more competition=more thrill.

Yes, but, as I said, I don't like to fight before nobles, so that's not thrilling to me.

DeletedUser

With barbs maxing out at 750, I think a higher ratio will be required.

DeletedUser

I chose 7:100
Cause we need lots of barbs so we can noble and grow.
If not we have nothing to noble and the game becomes boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.