Dicussion: Startup HP world

DeletedUser656

In the future i would like to see a no co-player version of this . would be fun to see who is the best around when it comes to solo ;) .
with 5-6 co-players per account it's going to be more of an activity competition.

The only way we could ever really do this would be to add a rule stating an account can only be played from one country. It wouldn't be completely efficient, but it would stop the majority of co-playing. Still, it would be incredibly hard to enforce.

pillburydough

I know the first site when googl'ed trace's IP (when searching IP tracer) and for me (USA) gives exact State/City. Perhaps the Mod's can rely on that - tested on myself was darn accurate! Gave myself the same provider I use as while...

Coolbannana

interesting !!! I'll wayup my options and maybe join ;) ......cool settings morthy

DeletedUser

is startup server were closed?
i can't login to this server..
Can someone tell me ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser83995

There is more than just the IP to check if it's only one person or more.

I dont see in my post were i said that was the only way to check and see if its only played by one player, i listed IP adress because thats the easiest way for a mod to check for muti counting so why wouldnt it be the easiest way for a mod to check for co-playing? The point is it would be almost impossible to enforce, and in my opinion would be a stupid rule anyways.

I know the first site when googl'ed trace's IP (when searching IP tracer) and for me (USA) gives exact State/City. Perhaps the Mod's can rely on that - tested on myself was darn accurate! Gave myself the same provider I use as while...

Like i said in my previous post you cant rely on IP addresses, people like myself i sometimes log in at work, if im logged in at work and at home thats two different IP addresses so what happens i get banned because i got on at work?

It would be stupid to go by IP addresses.

DeletedUser

The only way we could ever really do this would be to add a rule stating an account can only be played from one country. It wouldn't be completely efficient, but it would stop the majority of co-playing. Still, it would be incredibly hard to enforce.

+1 to that idea. (for a future world)

DeletedUser

+1 to that idea. (for a future world)

-5 to that idea :icon_confused:
some ppl don't have the time to be competitive on their own...
so why limit the amount of co-players u can find urself? :icon_rolleyes:
some ppl also have lives apart from tw :lol::icon_redface:

MichielK

Not to mention grossly unfair. An American player would notice little effect of a rule like this, while players from smaller countries would be affected in a huge way. Accusations of discrimination would fly within minutes, and for good reason; if a rule affects players differently dependent on their nationality, that's a very slippery slope.

Aside from that little sidebar, I think this world is an excellent idea, and while I also won't have time to play it I will keep an eye on the forum...it sounds like a very interesting variation on our usual theme :)

A humble player

Not to mention grossly unfair. An American player would notice little effect of a rule like this, while players from smaller countries would be affected in a huge way. Accusations of discrimination would fly within minutes, and for good reason; if a rule affects players differently dependent on their nationality, that's a very slippery slope.

Aside from that little sidebar, I think this world is an excellent idea, and while I also won't have time to play it I will keep an eye on the forum...it sounds like a very interesting variation on our usual theme :)

HOw exactly does it affect different players differently?
If you mean that an east and west coast american could coplay, then yes, but that adss four hours of activity.

DeletedUser

HOw exactly does it affect different players differently?
If you mean that an east and west coast american could coplay, then yes, but that adss four hours of activity.

Well, it would be good for the russians. :icon_wink:

i think he meant, players from less populated countries would have a hard time finding a co. Because we all know, small countries like Holland are totally underpopulated on TW and we would not be able to find a dutchie even in the European prime time... right?

Anyway, i think a sleep mode world would be better :p perhaps for some HP round.

A humble player

Well, it would be good for the russians. :icon_wink:

i think he meant, players from less populated countries would have a hard time finding a co. Because we all know, small countries like Holland are totally underpopulated on TW and we would not be able to find a dutchie even in the European prime time... right?

Anyway, i think a sleep mode world would be better :p perhaps for some HP round.
Indeed, those Hawaiians or western alaskans could be helpful. Its never night in alaska anyway
I've said it before (and will now repeat)
a between 8 and 12 hour sleep mode, or a .25/2 speed world would both entirely remove the need for coplayers.

DeletedUser

Indeed, those Hawaiians or western alaskans could be helpful. Its never night in alaska anyway
I've said it before (and will now repeat)
a between 8 and 12 hour sleep mode, or a .25/2 speed world would both entirely remove the need for coplayers.

0.25/2 world would be a deserted wasteland that noone plays. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Fordy if you are joining, hit me on skype or in undead premade

Wanneh get me in there too ;)? Fordy was in N.W.A with me on 52 for a bit.. I never saw him really dominate, but i know that N.W.A was full of good people.

Anyways yeah guys invite me if you want ;)

DeletedUser

Wanneh get me in there too ;)? Fordy was in N.W.A with me on 52 for a bit.. I never saw him really dominate, but i know that N.W.A was full of good people.

Anyways yeah guys invite me if you want ;)

N.W.A failed hard! I was one of the first to bail as it was pretty much a ship full of holes. Then me and Kusty made CAEK! That was awesome :icon_biggrin:.

DeletedUser

Just want to point out, that this wont be a regular start up world.. the fact that you have an end point set already means that it is all about building an account to that stage the fastest, rather than building an account WELL. My suggestion is to do one of 2 things if you ever try this again:

Option A: Have a random end goal of 50-500k points, but do not announce this, that way people need to rush to 50k but also be able to last until 500k.
Option B: At the end of the round have an anonymous panel of judges who did not compete in the round, score each account in the top 5 or 10, and base the final rankings on this score.

DeletedUser

Believe me once you get to near 40k your village will have to be well maintained anyway, due to the ammount of incomings you will receive. When there is a speed round similar to this it always happens.

Also normy GET ON SKYPE! I been chasing you for days! :icon_cool:.

DeletedUser

Believe me once you get to near 40k your village will have to be well maintained anyway, due to the ammount of incomings you will receive. When there is a speed round similar to this it always happens.

Also normy GET ON SKYPE! I been chasing you for days! :icon_cool:.

It wont have to be well maintained.. it will have to have a lot of defence, that is all, and this is the reason for my suggestion.

In addition: The goal of the world is very individual, but the key to success is in the tribe, I see a flaw here. I think it should be tribe oriented, otherwise you end up with 9 "push accounts" of sorts..

And I haven't been on skype much recently Fordy, sorry.